Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Chris Barnes on Butchered at Birth was always my favorite.

The loving intro on Meat Hook Sodomy is something else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw223-FK-Fw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Chris Barnes is a massive tool but Eaten Back to Life is a loving death metal classic

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Kilometers Davis posted:

You know, one thing that really makes me love Nile’s sound is that their vocals always have that “pissed off ancient evil emerges from a tomb” vibe. It’s awesome.

It helps that they always seem to have 3 people on vocals. It's a good mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44jRUTKDLYI

Death metal fistbump @ 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sasi5NOkZPU&t=149s

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kvlt! posted:

i think travis ryan still holds the "how the gently caress did that sound come out of a human" award

Lord Worm's high screams on None So Vile, though. Just an unholy sound.

E: Travis is disgustingly entertaining to watch

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 15, 2019

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I finally got around to reading Choosing Death when a buddy got it for me for Christmas (great book do recommend). It made me go back and listen to Nile who I hadn't really been big on since college. It's loving crazy how stupid heavy Amongst the Catacombs is for when it came out.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Just came across this and it's extremely my poo poo:

https://dunkelheitprod.bandcamp.com/album/dispersae-et-tormentvm

DrGaiusBallsack
Aug 17, 2014
DAE Alcest?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Alcest rule

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

They're OK I guess..

Y know who rule? Earth.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Lmao, they gave Matt Pike a grammy after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBflOo-Hx6A

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
What did you guys think about pig destroyer - head cage

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Its definately in the top albums of 2018 imo.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

They'll never top Prowler in the Yard and Terrifyer, but what they're doing now is still great. Including the "Army of Cops" song that everyone hates.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Homo Simpson posted:

Good metalcore album. Probably the worst PD full length, but still a solid release.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
pleasant but not particularly memorable

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Homo Simpson posted:

Extremely solid. I wasn’t sure about it at first but the singles grew on me and the entire album was great.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Mr. Pickles posted:

It's because he's gonna die of the diabeetus

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Skeletonwitch and Wiegedood coming to podunk rear end Gainesville?? no one cool (almost) ever comes here, sign me up

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Wrow, what a release day:
Un & Coltsblood split, not familiar with Un but Coltsblood is a pretty kickass sludgy doom band
Death Worship, Blasphemy side project. Album is out but NWN are slow to update their Bandcamps
Rotting Christ is up for streaming
Asphodelus, death doom. Debut LP, they have 2 great EPs so I'm sure this will be great. Out but not updated on Bandcamp yet
New Avantasia is up and streaming on Spotify

That's about it for my immediate radar, should be a good day of good jams.

Edit: That Skeletonwitch lineup feels like it's the perfect fit for where I live, but they are doing the standard "Play 4 hours south or 3 hours north" of where I live.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 15, 2019

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Wachter posted:

They'll never top Prowler in the Yard and Terrifyer, but what they're doing now is still great. Including the "Army of Cops" song that everyone hates.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Good metalcore album. Probably the worst PD full length, but still a solid release.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

pleasant but not particularly memorable

These are all correct w/r/t Head Cage

edit - it's more hardxcore than true kvlt but I'm listening to Every Time I Die's Hot drat! for the first time because they're opening for Mastodon/Coheed and I realized I need to be at the venue early for the first time in a few dozen concerts

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Nazzadan posted:

Death Worship, Blasphemy side project. Album is out but NWN are slow to update their Bandcamps
Hmm, it's not up on the NWN store yet.

I'm also convinced I'll never own an Ostots release unless I want to pay discogs scalper prices. I just can't beat website scrapers.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oldstench posted:

Hmm, it's not up on the NWN store yet.
Yeah I just checked, the only thing on it is still a blog post saying Feb-March release date. RYM and Bandcamp both say it's out today so maybe they just decided to push it back without updating the BC.

Edit: Speaking of war the new Impiety is also supposed to be out today but I can't find it anywhere so I left it out.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

Un & Coltsblood split, not familiar with Un but Coltsblood is a pretty kickass sludgy doom band
Asphodelus, death doom. Debut LP, they have 2 great EPs so I'm sure this will be great. Out but not updated on Bandcamp yet

Edit: That Skeletonwitch lineup feels like it's the perfect fit for where I live, but they are doing the standard "Play 4 hours south or 3 hours north" of where I live.

Un had one of last year's best albums

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

kumba posted:

Skeletonwitch and Wiegedood coming to podunk rear end Gainesville?? no one cool (almost) ever comes here, sign me up

lol @ calling Somerville Boston, anyone who is going to be interested in that show is not going to be confused if it says Somerville

Why do concert promoters do that, anyway? Like I can understand the various neighborhoods like Allston or Jamaica Plain being lumped into Boston, because they are Boston, but Somerville is an entirely different city.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

Just finishing my first listen now, and it's pretty great. Vibrant, lively, colourful. Also cheesy as all loving get out, obviously. I'll probably be listening to this more than I did the two previous ones.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

kumba posted:

And Tampa? Wtf. I'm so loving going to this

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

lol @ calling Somerville Boston, anyone who is going to be interested in that show is not going to be confused if it says Somerville

Why do concert promoters do that, anyway? Like I can understand the various neighborhoods like Allston or Jamaica Plain being lumped into Boston, because they are Boston, but Somerville is an entirely different city.

It’s literally 20 minutes from downtown Boston, and the distinction between neighborhoods of Boston and the neighboring towns is 100% incomprehensible to anyone from anywhere else in America.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Not as bad as when bands play Gillette and say "Boston so good to be here!"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

skasion posted:

It’s literally 20 minutes from downtown Boston, and the distinction between neighborhoods of Boston and the neighboring towns is 100% incomprehensible to anyone from anywhere else in America.

Figured it was something like that. East of 495 is Boston, west of 495 is Western Mass.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Not as bad as when bands play Gillette and say "Boston so good to be here!"

I'm from an exurb that's like 93% white and happens to have a big amphitheater. Whenever bands come through they're sure to shout "DETROOOOOOOIT" at some point.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Nordick posted:

Just finishing my first listen now, and it's pretty great. Vibrant, lively, colourful. Also cheesy as all loving get out, obviously. I'll probably be listening to this more than I did the two previous ones.

I gave it back to back listens, it's very good. Continues the sound of Ghostlights but I'm not sure if it tops it. The addition of Hansi on a couple songs was a long time coming and he was fantastic, but the songwriting is lacking the big catchy hooks of past Avantasia releases. I'll jam it again at home when I can focus on it and only it.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

but then they call out Brooklyn separately

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They did this a lot in the Sacramento area back when the Boardwalk in Orangevale was booking a lot of metal shows.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Vulture Culture posted:

but then they call out Brooklyn separately

Eh, they just pick whichever name sounds coolest

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

I gave it back to back listens, it's very good. Continues the sound of Ghostlights but I'm not sure if it tops it. The addition of Hansi on a couple songs was a long time coming and he was fantastic, but the songwriting is lacking the big catchy hooks of past Avantasia releases. I'll jam it again at home when I can focus on it and only it.

For me the killer to filler ratio is much improved over Ghostlights. There's a lull in the middle, as both Invincible* and Alchemy fail to impress me, but just about everything else is solid gold.

*: Seriously, I love Tobi but jfc he needs to stop writing these insipid power ballads

I also feel like the album could do with fewer vocalists, honestly. Sammet, Kursch, Kiske, Lande and Night would be quite enough. Maybe Atkins instead of Lande. The rest don't really serve any purpose imo, apart from being big names to market the album with.

EDIT: Requiem for a Dream sounds like if Jim Steinman wrote a europower song and it's glorious.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 15, 2019

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Mr. Pickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBflOo-Hx6A

Good god

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Nazzadan posted:

Nice. The new Vanum is out today too and I'm halfway through, it's pretty good https://vanum.bandcamp.com/album/ageless-fire-2

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Shaping up to be another good year for live metal shows.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh, the new Afraid of Destiny dropped today, too. Good DSBM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Am I misremembering or is someone itt in Dead Congregation