Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still literally pity adults who sincerely buy roses and/or flowers on valentines day for being so basic, I'm sorry. And I have been with my partner for almost 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
no, i'm sorry. i honestly thought you were just kidding initially, if i thought you actually believed what you were writing i wouldn't have pushed the derail

my goondolences

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

The most I've ever paid for sneakers is 180 I think so I guess I'm in the clear?

Also really enjoyed my valentine's burger (non-vegan) yesterday, got my girlfriend some very good Pralinen, because get this, it owns to gift someone something nice which you yourself can also enjoy (d. h. I will most definitely partake of those Pralinen). Flowers, though? Meh.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
How much did you pay for the (Swiss?) pralinen op?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wengy posted:

it owns to gift someone something nice which you yourself can also enjoy (d. h. I will most definitely partake of those Pralinen).

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

How much did you pay for the (Swiss?) pralinen op?

28.50.-

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

loving lmao

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

There was someone in Local Rewe #549 just now, holding the door to the Fischschrank fully open and just staring slack-jawedly at the salmon. I almost said "die Tür is durchsichtig" but in the last second decided not to let the Kölsche Natur make me become a cop. Plus they would probably have taken it as gentle ribbing, instead of the exhortation to go be an idiot in someone else's line of sight it would have been intended as.

Like, I've called people here an rear end in a top hat to their face and they just look at you like a kicked puppy. loving fight me you cowards. Anyway, thanks for subscribing to my anger management blog

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

is this the moment to post some pics of my selfmade pralines?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Smirr posted:

I've called people here an rear end in a top hat to their face and they just look at you like a kicked puppy. loving fight me you cowards.
Is this a thing about Köln or the larger area or the state? Since i find myself in NRW recently this might be critical to my survival.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Don't hurt Kölsche Frohnaturen. We are very sensible and nice people that are not fightable and only start being able to take insults or critique after the first 5 Kölsches OK.

Also since Rewe is in Köln basically an extra territorial sovereign power at this point you should be nice and hope their security leaves you alone, especially in the Innenstadt and around the Ringe.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Mano posted:

is this the moment to post some pics of my selfmade pralines?

Only if they contain chili

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Is this a thing about Köln or the larger area or the state? Since i find myself in NRW recently this might be critical to my survival.

I don't know. My only base of comparison is Berlin, so you'll have to wait for local NRW- und Nordhessenexperte Randler to weigh in.

Unrelatedly, I just remembered something else I love about Köln: some of the smaller "U-Bahn"-Höfe only have one escalator per platform, presumably because the city didn't actually have the money to build the system. A sensible solution would be to make the escalator only go down in the mornings and only up in the evenings (in residential areas at least). Obviously, Köln went for the Battle Royale solution - the escalators stop really soon after the last activation of either of their Lichtschranken, and when they're stopped, it's first come first served. Which means that every evening I watch like a dozen people head for a stopped escalator, only for a single able-bodied person at the top to start the escalator downwards.

Obviously, the escalators also end like half a meter above the Bahnsteigsniveau, with a ~5 m long, barriered ramp connecting the two (I think there are some stations where they lowered an existing platform, and other stations where they anticipated raising the existing platform but never ended up doing it1). So whenever that happens people have to walk an extra Umweg, too. Lol owned. I for one don't use kölsche escalators to begin with because I don't want to die in Köln.

1 Obviously obviously, there's also one station where both platforms have both heights, with stairs running along the length of the platform. They closed an existing station for a couple of months to make it this way, and as far as I can tell it's widely considered an improvement.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

oliwan posted:

I would never pay 200 euros for a pair of sneakers op.

I thought that you had written about having spent 200€ on some shoes (you posted the picture of the shoes), I checked the thread history and it seems that you never said such a thing.

Is there anything else you spent 200€ (or more) on for which I can criticize you and unmask you as a hypocritical consumerist? Like a trip to South-East Asia or so. Help me out!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Is there anything else you spent 200€ (or more) on for which I can criticize you and unmask you as a hypocritical consumerist? Like a trip to South-East Asia or so. Help me out!
You should maybe take a step back there for a second.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sereri posted:

Valentine's is not a holiday ffs. It's black friday for flowers and chocolate hth

That's what Capitalism wants you to believe, but that's pure nonsense. Black Friday is at least a full tier lower on the holiday totem pole anyway, it's more like Gründonnerstag in that it's not even possible to just know what the day is about, as that poo poo is not common knowledge and probably hidden inside a overly verbose Wikipedia-article. Everyone knows Valentinstag is about love, but what the hell is Black Friday about? The bad feeling in your stomach from eating too much turkey?

And Gründonnerstag is just that weird day before Karfreitag. No-one normal knows what it's about!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey smirr you missed the bvg strike today

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

Hey smirr you missed the bvg strike today

Yeah I know, I receive news from the old country. I assume everyone was having a blast?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Leave the man alone, if he wants to look very closely at the salmon he should be able to do that without some Prussian Zugezogene ridiculing him. Its his own native land

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Libluini posted:

And Gründonnerstag is just that weird day before Karfreitag. No-one normal knows what it's about!

*laughs nervously, tugging collar*

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Opferwurst posted:

Leave the man alone, if he wants to look very closely at the salmon he should be able to do that without some Prussian Zugezogene ridiculing him. Its his own native land

She could have done that with the door closed, though, which would have had the added bonus of not blocking half the aisle. Besides, everyone here is zugezogen, with the presumed exception of that one guy who tried to trade me "einen eschten Geißbockkugelschreiber vom 1. FC Köln" in exchange for me letting him use my phone (I didn't let him use my phone)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Opferwurst posted:

Es war ein Fehler, die Schweinländer in der preußischen Rheinprovinz siedeln zu lassen. :colbert:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Randler posted:

Es war ein Fehler, die Schweinländer in der preußischen Rheinprovinz siedeln zu lassen. :colbert:

:colbert:

Alaaf! :toot:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://twitter.com/schulzeeuropa/status/1096445520770404352

Mir fehlen die Worte.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ich bekomme es nicht

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ich bekomme es nicht

Christ'demokrat' versteht nicht, dass so ziemlich alle Androidnutzer ein Googlemail-Konto haben, wertet sie als unecht, um bloss keinen Dialog mit dem Bürger zu haben.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I hope Articles 13 passes and brings the end of all content creators and influencers.

Especially to those who in the past mocked the idea of Internet and copyright policies being Important.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I've apparently been living under a rock, because this whole Artikel 13 issue went over my head

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

The internet sucks now, delete all sites except .edu and Wikipedia

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Doesn't it take at least an additional 2 years before it turns into national legislation, even if it passes through now?
Lots of time to gently caress it up. I can't imagine living in a world where we have to live without upload filter and instead have YouTuber organizing demonstrations that are more or less fan meet-ups with a weird spin.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've apparently been living under a rock, because this whole Artikel 13 issue went over my head

*in pre-2018 voice of the left*
It's an issue only male, privileged techlords would care about so there is No reason to speak about it

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since the Entwurf also includes Article 11 (Springers Leistungsschutzrecht), it's no surprise most press outlets don't really want to write about it. I think there was one article on Süddeutsche frontpatge who was a tiny bit critical about this. It's also ~tech stuff~ so way too much for the common Bürger to be interested in.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Goons Are Great posted:

Doesn't it take at least an additional 2 years before it turns into national legislation, even if it passes through now?
Lots of time to gently caress it up. I can't imagine living in a world where we have to live without upload filter and instead have YouTuber organizing demonstrations that are more or less fan meet-ups with a weird spin.

Just watch as the German government passes it first and in record time to appease their corporate overlords.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Healbot posted:

Just watch as the German government passes it first and in record time to appease their corporate overlords.

As if the Koalitionsvertrag would allow that anyways. Not to say that we have a strong and independent SPD that will always fight for the Kleinen Mann not ever caring about corporate interests.

I'd be worried if this was Schwarz-Gelb maybe!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goons Are Great posted:

As if the Koalitionsvertrag would allow that anyways. Not to say that we have a strong and independent SPD that will always fight for the Kleinen Mann not ever caring about corporate interests.

Good thing the SPD doesn't have its own media empire with lots of Zeitungen and potential millions of Leistungsschutzrecht-Einnahmen.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Smirr posted:

She could have done that with the door closed, though, which would have had the added bonus of not blocking half the aisle. Besides, everyone here is zugezogen, with the presumed exception of that one guy who tried to trade me "einen eschten Geißbockkugelschreiber vom 1. FC Köln" in exchange for me letting him use my phone (I didn't let him use my phone)

Well now you know how tüchtige Schwaben and Bayern feel when they move pretty much anywhere else in Germany. Everyone just feels slow and off, like they are going through a caffeine withdrawal. In your heart, you have become Schwabe. Ehrenschwabe

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Man, people do that elsewhere, too? I thought I was just particularly unlucky 'cause people occasionally want to use my phone. Generally, I've found that laughing like a maniac followed by a calm "No.", works best as reaction.

But both times it happened last year I was willing to make the phone call for them, so it's not that I'm completely unreasonable. And Karma has a great turn-around, because for making these two people happy, I got people running after me with my phone later in the year, when I left it on the train two consecutive times. :v:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Goons Are Great posted:

Randler posted:

Good thing the SPD doesn't have its own media empire with lots of Zeitungen and potential millions of Leistungsschutzrecht-Einnahmen.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

SPD does Klientelpolitik for the Kleine Mann, and this time the Kleine Mann is Springer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

So one company I'm talking to. Took my photo off my Xing profile and inserted it in a collage of their workers, which they printed out and sent to me by post. Is this super creepy or am I the weird one?

They all signed on the back :chloe: