Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

All the expert creator cars should be in every AI nerds house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

All the expert creator cars should be in every AI nerds house.

I'm completely unable and unwilling to follow the instructions that come with any Lego set. I'd end up with all the sets combined into the hotrod from hell.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Give please

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

KillHour posted:

I'm completely unable and unwilling to follow the instructions that come with any Lego set. I'd end up with all the sets combined into the hotrod from hell.

So concept art for the mad Max sequel?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

honda whisperer posted:

So concept art for the mad Max sequel?

How about a Mad Max Lego Movie, where all the cars are made by people like KillHour? Original idea, do not steal.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Volkswagen-T1-Camper-Van-10220

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

I'm just starting my knockoff Lego Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I think I'm building the transmission right now. It's ridiculous.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

MetaJew posted:

I'm just starting my knockoff Lego Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I think I'm building the transmission right now. It's ridiculous.

It's crazy how much detail they put into it. That's a four speed "dual clutch" transmission with working paddle shifters. There's an open differential, rack and pinion steering, double wishbone suspension, working wheel hubs, and an H6 engine with moving pistons/crank. My only regret is that the body covers up all the cool bits in the end.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

It’d be rad if Lego Technic did some bare drivetrains or bare chassis of cool engines and transmissions. Those are the best part of those kits anyway.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Hikaki posted:

It's crazy how much detail they put into it. That's a four speed "dual clutch" transmission with working paddle shifters. There's an open differential, rack and pinion steering, double wishbone suspension, working wheel hubs, and an H6 engine with moving pistons/crank. My only regret is that the body covers up all the cool bits in the end.

What blew my mind was when I realized that I was assembling the gear selector forks.

Also cool AI car poo poo, my gf is looking at buying a low mileage 2016 TTS in a lambo-green. The virtual cockpit looks pretty great, as do the seats.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

MetaJew posted:

The virtual cockpit looks pretty great

my Si has this and it is very, very good

incredible crisp and visible in all light conditions, and of course Honda picked the absolute perfect fonts for everything obviously

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Why would you look at that page number

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im not really a cop fan but..

https://wsrz.iheart.com/content/2019-02-13-one-new-hampshire-cop-issued-19-tickets-in-just-four-hours/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll tell people who have a fuckload of snow on their car to clean it off, or a police officer will give them a ticket. They stare at me go "Really?"

Yes, really.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

That's because ice and snow flying off of cars can kill people

Edit: Sorry, did not read the article at all and assuming they were all for speeding or something. :negative:

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 15, 2019

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Disappointed the two arrests were not for snow on the car.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

xzzy posted:

Disappointed the two arrests were not for snow on the car.

:same:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My county wrote over 200 tickets. Being dumb costs money but maybe they'll let me go with a warning the next time they pull me over for speeding because of their haul.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Speaking of Legos and Mad Max style builds, the new movie has a pretty cool car set. Only complaint is I think it's a v6, but just put another exhaust pipe on either side.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Ignore this, I misread something.

Pierre Chaton fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 15, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

As Nero Danced posted:

Speaking of Legos and Mad Max style builds, the new movie has a pretty cool car set. Only complaint is I think it's a v6, but just put another exhaust pipe on either side.

I might be able to afford that, unlike the 911, VW, et al. Not saying that they’re not worth it, but whew.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

As Nero Danced posted:

Two more exhausts just makes it a v6 with 8 exhausts :v:

Assuming you've got a box of bits you could add 2 more cylinders, if not then Lego are really good about supplying 'missing' parts so you could just blag it and get 2 cyls to throw on.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Along those lines, you should just give it a V12...off to Toys R Us I go

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Each piston is probably bigger than a minifig's head so I don't think that engine is hurting for displacement.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
.. are you arguing for a reasonable fake plastic engine displacement? i mean it sounds like you are advocating fake automotive sanity here im just clarifying

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Of course not because I regularly attach massive rockets to my lego cars (https://flic.kr/p/HZUfUz).

I'm just saying the engine is already hilariously big.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh ok just making sure.

nice rocketbuggy!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

xzzy posted:

Of course not because I regularly attach massive rockets to my lego cars (https://flic.kr/p/HZUfUz).

:iia:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

SPACESHIP

New Lego movie is pretty good, honestly.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

xzzy posted:

Nevertheless, hilariously big V12 > hilariously big v6, especially with bore and stroke being the same between the two.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:allbuttons:

I have the strangest boner right now.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Even if that's got a couple of turbo'd Busa motors in it, that wing is more useful being carried from the fab shop to the garage where it's to be installed on a car where that much downforce won't destroy its bicycle tires.

Looking closely, it's got a single 1.5" exhaust. That contraption is designed specifically to homologate a Smart Car into Texas law requiring all vehicles to get less than 20mpg.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wait, you're saying the wing might not be functional? :monocle:

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

That isn't intended as a lovely impression of a TIE fighter?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's supposed to look like a sprint car, one of these things.

And c'mon, it's absolutely talking the piss, and very cool.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I've just never been able to turn right.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Turn right to go left!

Also the only way that Outlaw Smart would be better would be if it was actually a silhouette body on top of an actual WoO car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i just randomly stumbled across this guy looking for headlight ideas. i was not expecting it to get quite that elaborate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiKDrmRzJeM