Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Solomon-David will end up destroying his capital, but I don't know if he'll do it with a nine or eleven point blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Looks like Incubus' cut is healed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pacra posted:

Meti's sword manual is the best fictional - and nonfictional - sword guide because it states "swordspersonship kind of blows; go do something, anything, more useful with your time"

Like eating noodles.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

Looks like Incubus' cut is healed.

I still see it. Also, why is everyone so obsessed with finding little tiny details & continuity errors like that. I spotted a pretty big one (comparatively) in this page and I'm not pointing it out out of principle.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

like how the dude starts with a head, and ends without. i mean come on what a mistake

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ki Rata is alright, but it's no CQC.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

If these stories take place at the same time, Intra may have killed Yemmod while Solomon-David was training and robbed him of his revenge. But then how did he get so smug?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Having all the bones in your arms vaporized sounds extremely painful and inconvenient.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dead Reckoning posted:

Monomaniacal and really into unbirthing?

Just because you are permaed doesn't mean you stop posting

E: also yeah

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Synthbuttrange posted:

Having all the bones in your arms vaporized sounds extremely painful and inconvenient.

I don't think he suffered for long

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i wonder if prophecy falls under the art of division

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Back at the beginning of the chapter, I assumed Solomon only having sons was a reflection of his self-obsession, but now I wonder if he just can't bear to be reminded of his first family.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joe Slowboat posted:

Based on metaphorical flashback images they all were demiurges before the war (or at least before the war reached Throne proper).
I imagine they were all relatively minor until they fought and survived their way to the top of the heap.
Except Gog-Agog who's been implied to be unspeakably old and a huge mess, no idea what that's about.

I figure Gog-Agog has a whole ship of theseus thing going on with her sentient worm colony, and therefore was both functionally immortal and functionally unkillable BEFORE the whole Royalty and Key of Kings business.

Phy posted:

the pyf forum quotes thread is talking about avs, and it got me thinking

I don't know precisely what royalty is, and possibly never will, but I do know avs embodies the concept better than anyone else around here

truth

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 16, 2019

White Coke
May 29, 2015

voting third party posted:

If these stories take place at the same time, Intra may have killed Yemmod while Solomon-David was training and robbed him of his revenge. But then how did he get so smug?

By mastering the powers of looking good and feeling fine. He got so good at Ki-Rata that he managed to un gray his hair.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Also I was wrong! Clearly Solomon David was alive before the Second Conquest his Rayuba, but was not a demiurge. He has no star in his brow when he learns Ki Rata. So Solomon David presumably never knew Zoss personally.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
SolDave is literally One Punch Man, apparently

Appropriate, since last night I dreamt Saitama and Zoss were fighting for some reason. It was extremely :rock:

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i read that as being more like the indian ascetic thing where theyve got ashes in their hair (and everywhere else really)

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I want to see Solomon David punch Gog-a-Gog. A million worms flying a million miles in a million directions.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Benson Cunningham posted:

I want to see Solomon David punch Gog-a-Gog. A million worms flying a million miles in a million directions.

I'm hearing this expressed in Carl Sagan's reverential voice.

"Billions and billions of worms!"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cryophage posted:

Back at the beginning of the chapter, I assumed Solomon only having sons was a reflection of his self-obsession, but now I wonder if he just can't bear to be reminded of his first family.

Also it turns out he didn't just kill all the other Ki-Rata masters because he was consolidating power/pridefully deciding that only he was responsible enough to bear such a burden, he did it because they sat by and watched his whole world die and did nothing to stop it. It's oddly humanizing in a way.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The trouble with these world-shattering martial arts is they attract terrible students. Allison will save Throne through sensible educational reform.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

voting third party posted:

"You assumed Intra saved the Blue City"

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, looking back through the comic... there's a very real possibility that Jadis misled everyone about who the successor truly is. My immediate, non-considered surmise is that she wants to die and that she needs the Successor to do it, so she told the meeting of the Seven that the successor was poor, dumbass Zaid.

rndmnmbr posted:

Jadis Wants to die. So she gets a little vague in her pronouns and her prophesy gets read in the most erroneous, destructive, and plain wrong manner it can. A furious dumbass gets her shot at completely destabilizing the multiverse, and seven other dumbasses get set on the path to their inevitable destruction.

Exactly as planned. Jadis laughs. Then quietly weeps in relief. Almost finished.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pow, gangsta poo poo

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I still see it. Also, why is everyone so obsessed with finding little tiny details & continuity errors like that. I spotted a pretty big one (comparatively) in this page and I'm not pointing it out out of principle.

There was debate over whether the cut would stay or not, as a matter of Inky healing it or Al having actually harmed someone with Head of John in a way they couldn't just soak. It's not a continuity error, it's a clue!

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

e: Also, has it been mentioned if ki-rata a defensive art in any way? If you catch a master of ki-rata off guard can you kill them with a well placed rabbit punch despite the fact that they can explode you with a touch if they knew you were coming?

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 16, 2019

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

habeasdorkus posted:

e: Also, has it been mentioned if ki-rata a defensive art in any way? If you catch a master of ki-rata off guard can you kill them with a well placed rabbit punch despite the fact that they can explode you with a touch if they knew you were coming?

Given that Solomon has never been so much as nicked in these tournaments, and that someone, at some point, presumably tried stealth or an attack he didn't know was coming, it seems safe to assume.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I imagine the incredible strain on the body involved in the internal point-generation of Ki Rata makes the body strong and hard to damage, and it's also not outside of the genre for internal martial arts to also teach how to distribute the force of blows that strike you, as well as distributing your own force in your body.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, it's pretty much just turbocharged Hokuto Shinken. Who really wants to try ambushing Kenshiro?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, it's pretty much just turbocharged Hokuto Shinken. Who really wants to try ambushing Kenshiro?

Lol it totally is but the pressure points belong to reality.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Cryophage posted:

I was going to post the very same thing. Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that possibly Sol-Dave does have some daughters but that they aren't allowed anywhere near power, ruling, or danger of any kind. Kept away from everything the slightest bit dangerous in a fortress-palace of some kind, perhaps. Indeed, if Aly didn't seem destined to be the one to kick his rear end and take his key, I'd say the natural story beat would be for one of Dave's daughters (his only daughter?) to train up in secret and be the one to finally land a hit and claim rulership.

Hmm, actually given the way K6BD plays with conventions it'd be kinda neat for that idea to be playing out...with Aly showing up and ruining Dave's daughter's big moment or something.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

M. Propagandalf posted:

I'm hearing this expressed in Carl Sagan's reverential voice.

"Billions and billions of worms!"

an important travelogue of a visit to Gog-Agog's domain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

jng2058 posted:

Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that possibly Sol-Dave does have some daughters but that they aren't allowed anywhere near power, ruling, or danger of any kind. Kept away from everything the slightest bit dangerous in a fortress-palace of some kind, perhaps.
There was a distinct absence of women during Solomon's walking tour of his awesome empire, so you know whatever is going on with them is going to be awful in order to soften the blow of Allison loving his whole situation up.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

There was a distinct absence of women during Solomon's walking tour of his awesome empire, so you know whatever is going on with them is going to be awful in order to soften the blow of Allison loving his whole situation up.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-1-6/

I'm seeing plenty of women on this street. I'm pretty sure we already know why his empire is bad, which is that it's ruled by a cosmic forever tyrant (and has infamously draconian laws).

In the example of Solomon's justice system, a woman was involved. She seemed to have all the rights of the men involved, which included the right to hard labor for a misdemeanor, having her child taken away to be raised as a ward of the state, and the right to a government clerkship for good behavior and proven aptitude when her sentence ended (but not the right to see her child again). The other woman involved was found to have lied and executed, as was the first woman's lover (his position mandated celibacy). But the first woman was apparently equal before the law.

Now, the Celestial Empire is definitely sexist, but theres no evidence it's as brutal as you're implying. Doesn't make it not tyranny ruled by a literal patriarch.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

jng2058 posted:

Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that possibly Sol-Dave does have some daughters

Nah.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

paranoid randroid posted:

pow, gangsta poo poo

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

That's some drat fancy breathing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Just reread the book to this point. At no point does SD say he doesn't have daughters, just that his sons are elevated to consul (although that comment from Abbadon seems clear on the point, but it might also be a joke I guess).

Not sure whether Incubus was holding back rage or surprise and fear. Its a pretty blank face he holds before turning and laughing.

The little flame over the head, I assume it means focus or mastery of a particular martial art? The monk guarding the goddess' head also had one. So, focused devotion to any subject?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Bilirubin posted:

Just reread the book to this point. At no point does SD say he doesn't have daughters, just that his sons are elevated to consul (although that comment from Abbadon seems clear on the point, but it might also be a joke I guess).

Not sure whether Incubus was holding back rage or surprise and fear. Its a pretty blank face he holds before turning and laughing.

The little flame over the head, I assume it means focus or mastery of a particular martial art? The monk guarding the goddess' head also had one. So, focused devotion to any subject?

Atum, every creature of the flame has it, but it doesn't manifest for everyone unless they've had some sort of training or mastery about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, thread.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
ive been picturing ki rata as being like a combination of opm splatter comedy and the weirding way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bilirubin posted:

He has a few daughters.

They've been dead for longer than he's been a demiurge, though.