Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

I Was The Fury posted:

Hey guys I miss you all a lot but I'm not very chill anymore and it just doesn't feel right reading or posting in byob since I let my depression get a hold over myself again. Anyways I live in Illinois now instead of California so that's neat. I don't remember if I posted about that the last time I was here.

welcome back!! its okay to take a break. hope you find a chill place in your life again. make sure you let us know if you get a pet

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

I Was The Fury posted:

Hey guys I miss you all a lot but I'm not very chill anymore and it just doesn't feel right reading or posting in byob since I let my depression get a hold over myself again. Anyways I live in Illinois now instead of California so that's neat. I don't remember if I posted about that the last time I was here.

That's cool! Remember that we are here for and with you and you can come back and chill with us whenever you feel like it. I hope you had and have an absolutely amazing friday and don't forget to post pictures of any kind of pets you might have or encounter. :glomp:

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

I Was The Fury posted:

Hey guys I miss you all a lot but I'm not very chill anymore and it just doesn't feel right reading or posting in byob since I let my depression get a hold over myself again.

Hey don't worry about it, I'm going through some issues myself but everything will be alright. Welcome back my dude, and it's good to see you again. :cool:

I Was The Fury posted:

Anyways I live in Illinois now instead of California so that's neat. I don't remember if I posted about that the last time I was here.

Oh I'm so sorry. I live here in Vermilion county, and it's mostly meth, heroin and a bar every three streets. Where'd you move to, and how are you liking it? Were you here for the polar vortex?

Manifisto

I Was The Fury posted:

hey bud sorry about the sadbrains but it's good to see you! we're still here, still fighting the good fight against coupons and deals, some of us have snowglobe avs now. ya know, business as usual.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I Was The Fury posted:

well i sure hope this is a sign your getting well again! we want your posts

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

xcheopis

Will the Are Ghosts a Kind of Soup thread be goldmined?

Jaded Burnout

xcheopis posted:

Will the Are Ghosts a Kind of Soup thread be goldmined?

I done a cleanup

xcheopis

Jaded Burnout posted:

I done a cleanup

Thank you!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

In light of the BY of our OB being deltetioed soon, I have chosen this very night as Munchables's first posting while high NON-infraction (because this IS the weed zone after all).

Munchables

Like the lowly tumbleweed, I stumble through these streets, searchin' fer truth! And courage. If any among you is known as lionhearted, step for'rd now, and accept mah power!

Munchables

*In Rodney Dangerfield's voice* Boy, I'm sure cravin' ones them "Posts" right now, 'ey pal?
*He nudges you with his elbow, than returns solemnly to his drink, a sullen expression cast across his face*

sb hermit

in utah, they have genetically modified goats whose milk can be processed into spider silk

also, certain kinds of jumping spiders can produce milk

sb hermit

I wonder if anyone has ever drunk the spider infused goat milk

Munchables

That is the secret origin of Spiderman, you see, long ago man and spider branched off from goat, forming a vicious dichotomy that rages its war even now in the present day.

TOOT BOOT

el dorito posted:

I wonder if anyone has ever drunk the spider infused goat milk

<wipes away milk moustache>

NO! of course not.

Rinzla

Saturday morning, angry at being at work, already thrown a man out of a roller shutter door. Sitting in the office awaiting my disciplinary.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

it's not. that's just a thing we say to keep up the morale here

this is untrue, as today is friday, and byob will be deleted on tuesday

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

el dorito posted:

in utah, they have genetically modified goats whose milk can be processed into spider silk

also, certain kinds of jumping spiders can produce milk

i have spun some of that goat milk spider silk and i can tell you: it's cool as gently caress and also really god damned sticky and makes your hands break out in a rash processing it but it's really lovely and like byssus. and if you ever get hold of either byssus or goat milk spider silk, keep it forever and hand it down to your family members because for one, byssus is literally a dying art (m. vigo taught me how to harvest and process and spin it, but there are like...five people on the planet who can), and goat milk spider silk is about as rare. gossamer af.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I Was The Fury posted:

hey bud, i was worried about you. i'm sorry about your sadbrains, but i'm also really excited because maybe i will get to hang out with you since you're closer!! i'm in st. louis and always want to take yobbers to syrian food and chill and also bosnian food and strange donuts and probably old town donuts because this is a donuts and chips town and i will never apologize because god dammit donuts can be vegan. WHICH MEANS THEY ARE DEFINITELY HEALTHY.

i wanna buy you a donut and hang out is my weird way of saying i am inviting you, to a party, please wear your own pants and bring your appetite for probably food and also weird public awkwardness because i have actual social anxiety and let my boyfriend talk for me instead of talking mostly.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

also i am too high to post in byob

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

unchill post ahead. it is extremely detailed and of a gross nature and why i have been relatively quiet and not handling things well, leading to me having to be sedated for the better part of the last month. if you do not want to see an unchillness do not hover the spoiler, and instead look at this frickin baby goat ok because omg, the baby goat.

nm

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 16, 2019

Goons Are Gifts

Oh. :smith:
If you feel like talking, feel free to hit me up hamjobs! :glomp:

Goons Are Gifts

OK so my calender fell down so I have no idea what day it is, but I think it's most likely Thursday, so happy Thursday byob!!

I wish you all an amazingly chill and super fun day, hopefully with no need to post in the work crew and lots of need to be too high to post. Enjoy life!

sb hermit

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh. :smith:
If you feel like talking, feel free to hit me up hamjobs! :glomp:

:same: and I hope things are on a path to improvement

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

QueefLatina posted:

You have no chance to survive
make your time.

HA HA HA HA ....

HA HA HA HA ....

Twenty Four

I aint afraid of no rolley-coaster!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Thanks for the love, friends. To answer some questions I have three pets now.
Charlie, you probably met him before:

Karl Gunther Barx, my step dog:

Stevie Nips, my step dog:

I moved here to Peoria in central Illinois at the beginning of September, and managed to find a new computer toucher job by the end of October. I was here for the polar vortex, but I work inside so luckily I didn't have to suffer through it. I do really like it here, especially more than I liked it in California. There are parts of California I absolutely love but those parts are outside of my price range and I was instead living in Bakersfield. My favorite part of Bakersfield was that I only had to drive an hour and a half to get cheap legal weed of very high quality. My favorite part of Illinois is actually being able to walk the dogs amongst trees and nature, instead of concrete, dirt, and AstroTurf.

I Was The Fury fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 16, 2019

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I Was The Fury posted:

Thanks for the love, friends. To answer some questions I have three pets now.
Charlie, you probably met him before:

Karl Gunther Barx, my step dog:

Stevie Nips, my step dog:

I moved here to Peoria in central Illinois at the beginning of September, and managed to find a new computer toucher job by the end of October. I was here for the polar vortex, but I work inside so luckily I didn't have to suffer through it. I do really like it here, especially more than I liked it in California. There are parts of California I absolutely love but those parts are outside of my price range and I was instead living in Bakersfield. My favorite part of Bakersfield was that I only had to drive an hour and a half to get cheap legal weed of very high quality. My favorite part of Illinois is actually being able to walk the dogs amongst trees and nature, instead of concrete, dirt, and AstroTurf.

I think there are some studies that point to the health beneficial qualities of living in/near large naturally forested areas. has something to do with ambient terpines (akin to aroma therapy i think)

so this sounds like a step in the right direction and hopefully leads to more posts like these!

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Rinzla posted:

Saturday morning, angry at being at work, already thrown a man out of a roller shutter door. Sitting in the office awaiting my disciplinary.
Would an avatar make you feel better?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Goons Are Gifts

blaise rascal posted:

Would an avatar make you feel better?

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Rinzla posted:

HERASY!!!

In what might sound like crystal waving, but what is actually pretty well documented, hops have a psychoactive kick of their own. And I at least feel like alcohol-free beer gives me a bit of a buzz, its like the "I am just going to sit here and relax" part of beer, and not the "waking up the next day to find out that when I was typing my ex-girlfriends name repeatedly in the search bar of Facebook, I was actually typing it in the Status Update part of Facebook".

BoldFrankensteinMir

I used to serve nonalcoholic beer to Alzheimer's patients, and it always felt a little dishonest because no matter how many times you tell them otherwise you know they still slip back into thinking it's real beer. So I wish I could say there was a relaxing effect to the ingredients or the bottle or whatever, but it's impossible for me to separate them from the placebo effect.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

but it's impossible for me to separate them from the placebo effect.

A placebo effect is still an effect. Drugs that are colored a delicate powder blue have a greater sedative effect...just like our forums. Hmmm....

But also, while people might find fault with the research, there are controlled studies showing that hops extract has an effect on depression and anxiety, better than a placebo. Its small, but it is statistically valid. I could link the studies, but perhaps getting too much into the weeds (hah) of psychotropics is not BYOB?

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Good morning, beeyobbers.
:coffeepal:

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/D9OlNRT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/d4WKmfh.mp4

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Twenty Four posted:

I aint afraid of no rolley-coaster!
Apparently a roller-coaster is a cure for kidney stones.

BoldFrankensteinMir

glowing-fish posted:

A placebo effect is still an effect.

Very true! My point was merely that placebo becomes a hard thing to measure when the subject is unable to retain information about the drug. Observing placebo effect in memory meds is a really interesting catch-22 when you think about it.

Mummy Napkin
good mornin', folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin