Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ferrets isn't necessary with Avarice. And I would took Nemesis over Krelm. Rechel's is probably also unnecessary since you're super fast already and you'll need to have fear on your gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I believe both Rechel's and Pandemonium Loop come with a fear proc as an assured secondary roll, or at least a likely one.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

bamhand posted:

Ferrets isn't necessary with Avarice. And I would took Nemesis over Krelm. Rechel's is probably also unnecessary since you're super fast already and you'll need to have fear on your gear.

Ferrets give 10% movespeed on the passive. Gotta go fast!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kheldarn posted:

This is my current build. I just spam 2, throw in the occasional Vault, and mana's not an issue for me.

Maybe because I have Fan Of Knives and Vengeance on Auto?

My biggest issue tends to be Deaths in GRifts because either:

A) Shadow Power isn't on (I tend to forget that I have to turn it on every time I enter a GRift).

B) I can't find the Oculous circle on the ground due to so many effects all over.

C) A combination of A and B.

Mind over Matter posted:

At pretty much any difficulty where you're one-shotting everything, you need to have Vengeance set to Seethe for the 10 hatred per second.

Yeah I know I've played a bunch of DH before, I was just caught off guard by how insane they made it

UE multishot this season (with my non hardcore character) required a lot more time and luck to get similarly dominant at t xiii

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've got both set Barb Swords despite playing a Monk this season.

And, 4500 shards in, I still haven't seen my loving belt. Kadala, you fuckin' banker... gimme that fuckin' belt.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Spacely posted:

Hm tried it out and I don't think Ferrets let you go past 25%.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Spacely posted:

Ferrets only work on base move speed. so once you have paragon maxing it out it does nothing.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Vomik posted:

Ferrets only work on base move speed. so once you have paragon maxing it out it does nothing.

10% movement from the ferrets is 20 points you can move to dexterity.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Finished upgrading my Gem of Ease and holy poo poo that name is ACCURATE

I went from 25 to 50 in about fifteen minutes of murdering everything in sight without caring. The only tome I died was when I got hit by Belial on Master, because I'm wearing Cain and Bjorn sets and can't tank that.

The next time I let my turrets do the work while I dodged attacks.

This is so disgusting and I love it

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Is there a goon clan or community for casual players? I play 2-3 hours a week and would like to play with other people.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Join the lljk channel in game, we're all in there.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Goddamn. GR100 solo is no joke.

Or maybe I'm just bad at the game since it seems like a LOT of people don't have much trouble with it :v:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Field Mousepad posted:

Join the lljk channel in game, we're all in there.

Thanks!!!!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I finally got the pieces to my jade doc set - still missing some of the uniques like the ring and belt but.. I don’t think I understand how to play this? I’m constantly dying when I have to run in and detonate my dot. Do I just hold down the haunt button too?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zarin posted:

Goddamn. GR100 solo is no joke.

Or maybe I'm just bad at the game since it seems like a LOT of people don't have much trouble with it :v:
It depends on your gear, paragon level, whether you have augments, and class.

If 100 is no joke but mid 90s was, it's likely just those factors and not you. Around 98-105 is where damage gets real.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 16, 2019

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I finally put myself on the crusader leaderboard with the Invoker build. It's just a race to kill elites and skip everything else and it's boring. Back to Condemn or any of the other crusader builds.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I finally got the pieces to my jade doc set - still missing some of the uniques like the ring and belt but.. I don’t think I understand how to play this? I’m constantly dying when I have to run in and detonate my dot. Do I just hold down the haunt button too?

Idk witch docs at all but are the belt and ring survival oriented? Your build isn't done til it's done

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I think I sacrificed too much for CDR
https://www.d3planner.com/128511478

Only managed to finish 90 once. I also thing the non ancient chest piece I crafted away when I got my ancient was better :/
No augs yet but am I missing anything other than better rolls on key pieces (basically most of them)?
I don't love doing augs (maybe that's why I've never hit 100 with anyone!) until I have a piece I KNOW I'm going to keep forever. I could aug my Furnace but it has a dead stat.

I don't love hexing pants either. If I wear Leoric's, what else is there to cube?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot drat I went form not liking IK/HotA to getting the Gavel and the shoulders and suddenly everything dies I have unlimited Fury and game’s fun again. Cruised my way to GR70 and cleared it (died a few times to the Guardian). Got a Primal Cindercoat :rip: I’m still missing a few pieces, mainly weapon and rings but I feel in a good spot right now. Slowly putting together a Wastes set on the side to switch to Whirlwind for speed farming.

I am really enjoying the console UI now that I “get” it. Most of the utilities (enchanting, powers, rerolls) being able to grab from the stash really help minimize the the picking and grabbing poo poo from it. Some things are still annoying not being able to see everything you got at a glance (I use the salvage tab to see everything in one spot for now). I thought the game would have a Dark Souls approach of disconnecting you immediately if you put the Switch to sleep but the game is SUPER loving AWESOME on the Switch. Literally a pick and go and never have to worry about reloading your character every time. I love it. The only “negative” I can speak of the Switch is that public T13 runs where everything is in endgame poo poo and spamming skills non-stop bring the console to its knees.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Khorne posted:

It depends on your gear, paragon level, whether you have augments, and class.

If 100 is no joke but mid 90s was, it's likely just those factors and not you. Around 98-105 is where damage gets real.

Augments are something I have been eternally bad at in this game; they're that much of a power boost, eh?

I guess in a way, it's all just "you're capped at the level you can do, until you get the gear or skill to move past it" except eventually there's a soft cap where nobody is able to push past.

Speaking of, as a player, that's something I really need to work on: learning what packs to engage, what to skip, when to bail on an elite, and so forth.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm from Mount Arreat and I say kill em all!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

There's no testing dummy, right? Want to figure out how much I can cut CDR when using a Gogok.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Zarin posted:

Augments are something I have been eternally bad at in this game; they're that much of a power boost, eh?

I guess in a way, it's all just "you're capped at the level you can do, until you get the gear or skill to move past it" except eventually there's a soft cap where nobody is able to push past.

Speaking of, as a player, that's something I really need to work on: learning what packs to engage, what to skip, when to bail on an elite, and so forth.

If you augment every piece of gear to 100 you can maybe get 50-75% more damage. So it's a fairly sizable boost.

Depending on class you can probably get by with just killing every elite up to like maybe Gr105? I generally stop caring after 100ish so I've never bothered to develop those skills much.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zarin posted:

I mean it's so class/build/gear dependent that it's barely worth thinking about unless you really want to push high GRs. Since everything is percentages, every incremental boost to your stats has a cascading increase on your damage, but every 5 GR levels is another 60% increase to enemy health (and 45% to damage they do) so the gating factor really is more gear than skill. Some builds require higher skill (to avoid being oneshot) or fishing for rift spawns, but if you're not in fully augmented, all ancient, optimally rolled gear with 1k+ paragon levels, you're going to see quicker progression turning the dial down and farming better gear from GRs you can farm quickly, unless you're really jonesing for "the highest possible GR you can hit in suboptimal gear" or something.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

So I’ve only been playing a bit since seasons were introduced and this season have had lovely luck with jewelry and was having trouble farming with an incomplete build, what to do? Hm people say avarice/boon of the hoarder/gold wrap and gold skin can help. I have those. Ok let’s try (on a DH, dps wasn’t a problem, living was getting hard). Hahaha. Holy poo poo is this fun. Why yes treasure dude, 27.7 billion armor does sound fun! If you haven’t done this (I know everyone here probably has) it’s hilarious. I wish gold meant something but combining gems is no longer a concern! Obviously no good for GR but for getting deaths breath shards and such? Awesome.

E; still haven’t had a single loving compass rose drop though, or a unity ring. Last season I had like 4 of each. gently caress u RNG, gently caress u.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 18, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

squirrelzipper posted:

E; still haven’t had a single loving compass rose drop though, or a unity ring. Last season I had like 4 of each. gently caress u RNG, gently caress u.

This season has been complete loving bullshit for rings. No conventions of the elements, no skull grasp, and for the longest time no Band of Might (until I read about the gambling on a level 8 character trick). Oh and I’ve had FOUR Bul-Kathos’s Warrior Blood and ZERO Solmen Vow. Let us re-roll 2 piece sets, you loving cowards.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This season has been complete loving bullshit for rings. No conventions of the elements, no skull grasp, and for the longest time no Band of Might (until I read about the gambling on a level 8 character trick). Oh and I’ve had FOUR Bul-Kathos’s Warrior Blood and ZERO Solmen Vow. Let us re-roll 2 piece sets, you loving cowards.

They should allow 2-pc set conversion, if you put two of the same thing in the cube. Seeing five or six of the same fuckin set item drop over and over again without its partner is supremely irritating.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

squirrelzipper posted:

So I’ve only been playing a bit since seasons were introduced and this season have had lovely luck with jewelry and was having trouble farming with an incomplete build, what to do? Hm people say avarice/boon of the hoarder/gold wrap and gold skin can help. I have those. Ok let’s try (on a DH, dps wasn’t a problem, living was getting hard). Hahaha. Holy poo poo is this fun. Why yes treasure dude, 27.7 billion armor does sound fun! If you haven’t done this (I know everyone here probably has) it’s hilarious. I wish gold meant something but combining gems is no longer a concern! Obviously no good for GR but for getting deaths breath shards and such? Awesome.

I had trouble with the Endless Walk set, too, until someone asked me if I was upgrading yellow gear. I was like "uh, what?" and then learned that I could turn a massive pile of DB and some blood shards into a full bag of legendary rings/amulets, and I had the set in a few hours.

Dunno if you tried that or not, but figured I'd pass on what I learned this season.

Same for 1h Mighty Weapons, I imagine. I told my buddy that with BK problems and within 30 minutes he was ready to spin.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Zarin posted:

I had trouble with the Endless Walk set, too, until someone asked me if I was upgrading yellow gear. I was like "uh, what?" and then learned that I could turn a massive pile of DB and some blood shards into a full bag of legendary rings/amulets, and I had the set in a few hours.

Dunno if you tried that or not, but figured I'd pass on what I learned this season.

Same for 1h Mighty Weapons, I imagine. I told my buddy that with BK problems and within 30 minutes he was ready to spin.

Also when you get your first drop it might be worth it to reroll it a few times to get some decent stats. After that you can wait for a proper drop.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’ve got through probably close to 50,000 shards trying to get the Compass :iiam:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
EU Challenge Rift is a nightmare to get started with.
Very squishy Necro and 3 elite packs - at least two of which are Illusionist - just inside the rift entrance.

I tried at least half a dozen times, but it's awful. I loving hate glass cannon builds.

[edit]
I did just get two Menagerist Goblins while doing some A1 bounties, though.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 18, 2019

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
What's the lore behind the goblins? Are they evil or just evil-adjacent? Should I feel bad about killing them for loot? It's not like they even fight back.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 18, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Just kill everything that is killable and move on.

But they are unaligned with the major poles in the game. They are their own thing and at least neutral in that they are bad to everyone, if not outright evil.

The leader is a personification of one of the deadly sins, soooo.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

A theory I saw was greed was kicked out of hell or something dumb.
Also why is there no achievement for cubing everything? I’m so close but for what ends!?!

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Snacksmaniac posted:

A theory I saw was greed was kicked out of hell or something dumb.
Also why is there no achievement for cubing everything? I’m so close but for what ends!?!

Your OCD.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

tetsuo posted:

What's the lore behind the goblins? Are they evil or just evil-adjacent? Should I feel bad about killing them for loot? It's not like they even fight back.

They piloted the bonus UFO's in Space Invaders.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Outside pl-ing, what's your favorite class to fresh start level? Sure it depends on what you find, but I've found monk the most boring.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Rinkles posted:

Outside pl-ing, what's your favorite class to fresh start level? Sure it depends on what you find, but I've found monk the most boring.
Barbarian has a bunch of fun skills that rarely get used in endgame but are good for non-PL leveling, like the Cleave rune that explodes enemies.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Any build that has a low resource cost / damage over time skill so you can power level through kill streak bonuses.

Monks are probably the worst class in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Blizzard should ban the guy who played this week's build in a gr and also fire anyone who greenlighted picking this gr if there's any manual oversight.

I wanted to uninstall diablo about 20 seconds in.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 19, 2019