Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nybble posted:

Has anyone been able to actually watch Formula E in the US? The FE website says it’s on Fox Sports 2 today, but my schedule only has college basketball. And then of course it’s region-locked on YouTube, even on replay. Great stuff.

The website says it's on fox sports canada which isn't even offered here.

I'm not chasing that poo poo down, if they want to hang themselves with lovely broadcasting deals, good riddance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

The website says it's on fox sports canada which isn't even offered here.

I'm not chasing that poo poo down, if they want to hang themselves with lovely broadcasting deals, good riddance.

Maybe stop pretending and fantasizing you were American you loving moron and check the Youtbue channel to realize it's not region locked for Canadians and hey perfect trash for you to watch amongst your endless wishing you swore allegiance to the almighty gun and dollar down south instead of the Queen up here. Get the gently caress out.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sorry. That was rude.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Sorry. That was rude.

Expected from Ford Nation.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Drink more of those buck beers mate

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

Expected from Ford Nation.

1500quidpoocati posted:

Drink more of those buck beers mate

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gonna be honest I’d probably pick that up if they offer it here. I’m like 99% sure it’s gonna taste like poo poo but I’ll give it a go.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Looks like the race is region locked in Canada.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidpoocati posted:

Gonna be honest I’d probably pick that up if they offer it here. I’m like 99% sure it’s gonna taste like poo poo but I’ll give it a go.

They'll probably sell it at loblaw's liquor stores.

Based on the fact that it's $10.45 normal price in ontario, it's probably just relabeled molson. If it was a microbrew or anything of that nature, it would probably be cheaper.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Looks like the race is region locked in Canada.

no loving poo poo

not sorry, don't @ me

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
loving e-Sports has more penetration than Formula E lmao loving just end it. What a joke series.

Maybe try racing on some real tracks instead of a repurposed industrial park in the loving slums you loving morons

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
To be fair the favelas they race in make for entertaining random track incursions by trash and feral animals

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

They'll probably sell it at loblaw's liquor stores.

Based on the fact that it's $10.45 normal price in ontario, it's probably just relabeled molson. If it was a microbrew or anything of that nature, it would probably be cheaper.

Even if it was it probably would just be some Big Rock brewed poo poo they do for Coop as well and the stuff they brew for grocery stores is absolutely garbage.

Bring back Coop Gold, that poo poo was loving great.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To be fair the favelas they race in make for entertaining random track incursions by trash and feral animals

That's a mean way to talk about Felipe Massa and Pascal Wehrlein

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Please enjoy this German video of Germans celebrating Germans winning championships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsEDSF6MV_8

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Please enjoy this German video of Germans celebrating Germans winning championships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsEDSF6MV_8

Please enjoy this similar video from the Austrians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A335hSqh5M

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You mean RedBull? I will not be clicking that

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You mean RedBull? I will not be clicking that

you're loss

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Looks like a decent crowd for the FE race.

Waffles continuing his form from last year, sitting in last place already 11s behind Wehrlein in the lead.

Edit: And red flagged already

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 16, 2019

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I watch a FE race once every year and a half and like five minutes in realize why it’s been a year and a half since I’ve watched one. This race is no different lol.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Why the gently caress aren't they stopping the race clock during a red flag? That's so stupid even F1 doesn't do that (well, obviously it doesn't apply to races, but at least F1 stops the clock if qualifying is red-flagged)

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 16, 2019

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

The Williams film is on BBC2 tonight for the UK goons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002p1x

And it's pretty good

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well that's a bit harsh seeing as everyone is parked in the pits while they clean up the crash.

But yes, I'm the same. I used to get annoyed people would talk about the races in the F1 thread before I had a chance to watch the race so I never bothered. When I do remember to watch live, well..... I lose interest after the first 2 laps and go and do something else.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Doc M posted:

Why the gently caress aren't they stopping the race clock during a red flag? That's so stupid even F1 doesn't do that.

Commentators mentioned that it's most likely going to be reset back to the time when the race was stopped.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

freeranger posted:

Commentators mentioned that it's most likely going to be reset back to the time when the race was stopped.
I'm assuming your feed has a competent commentary team instead of two doofuses like the ones Eurosport trotted out for the Finnish broadcast.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Doc M posted:

I'm assuming your feed has a competent commentary team instead of two doofuses like the ones Eurosport trotted out for the Finnish broadcast.

I'm streaming the US Fox Sports 2 feed, it has Bob Varsha and I think Dario Franchitti.

Edit: and Jack Nichols. Apparently that's the world feed commentators.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Okay, they're resetting the clock. I'm not sure why they didn't just stop it as soon as the red flag hit (probably because FE is a bin series), but whatever.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

djssniper posted:

And it's pretty good

Frank just seems like a massive piece of poo poo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

Frank just seems like a massive piece of poo poo
His only real flaw is he hurries too much getting to the airport sometimes

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is such a bad race and bad series.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

His only real flaw is he hurries too much getting to the airport sometimes

The thing that stood out from the documentary was that he treated his wife like poo poo for the entire time they were together and is barely interested in finding out how she felt about it all, even after she died.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That was a pretty crazy end to the race

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alright this was a pretty good race

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Glad I found a stream, drat the Nissans completely miscalculated and dropped from 3&4th to out of the points because they ran out of battery! And what a great finish

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Formula e once again entertaining through incompetence

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tsaedje posted:

I mean, we do have Ferrari

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

F1 doesn't even manage that most of the time so I'm fine with this

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

iospace posted:

I mean, we do have Ferrari

I wonder how many times The Worst Team will gently caress things up this season, but nothing will ever top

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Hamilton will be 25 points ahead of Vettel after round one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Thanks Ants posted:

Hamilton will be 25 points ahead of Vettel after round one

Nah the way it works is they'll be neck and neck for the first like 4 races so we all suddenly get hope that the season will be competitive only for ferrari to completely choke halfway through the season.