Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Citcon posted:

I've been trying to subscribe as a new player (i played years ago but have 0 clue of my login info.) and when I try to send a verification email it never shows. Junk mail is empty too. IS this a known issue? Its been about 15 minutes.

Yeah their one time passwords can take a while. Make sure you check your junk mail folder. Any time I've needed it I've gotten it within an hour, but people frequently report days. :(

When you do get back in make sure to attach a security key (either official app or any standard 2FA Authenticator app like Google Authenticator) and you'll never have to deal with one time passwords again (unless you change phones or lose the app)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Medullah posted:

Yeah their one time passwords can take a while. Make sure you check your junk mail folder. Any time I've needed it I've gotten it within an hour, but people frequently report days. :(

When you do get back in make sure to attach a security key (either official app or any standard 2FA Authenticator app like Google Authenticator) and you'll never have to deal with one time passwords again (unless you change phones or lose the app)

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to panic and send a ticket. Cheers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All of EA's account systems take forever to send emails.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

No he doesn't. He was introduced in 4.0 so he has the generic 'Single Gun Ranged Companion" move set.

Oh I was going based off his little bonus mission with Z0-0M where he has it.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Still haven't got that email despite multiple requests. C'mon EA I wanna voluntarily give you money.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Anyone got a decent republic guild on Star Forge? Just hit 70, but I've tried two guilds so far and both involved people congratulating eachother for every achievement. Every. Single. One.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cynic Jester posted:

Anyone got a decent republic guild on Star Forge? Just hit 70, but I've tried two guilds so far and both involved people congratulating eachother for every achievement. Every. Single. One.

That's going to be any big guild since they're largely new players or people that are story/achievement hunters. And with guild perks, you really don't want to not be in a big guild.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
sit in some pubbie megaguild and turn off guild chat. the benefits to being in a huge guild are significant, including a few million credits worth of crafting mats every week. (if you can, always take the crafting box, never an encryption.) discord or in-game chat channels are much between for small social groups.

it's not a great design, but that's SWTOR all over.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Okay, does anyone have a pubbie megaguild to recommend?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cynic Jester posted:

sit in fleet or one of the lowbie planets with general chat turned on, there's always someone spamming. make sure they appear on the conquest invasion leaderboard (ideally for a medium or large planet, not small), since they need to hit a conquest goal in order for you to get your free weekly crap.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cynic Jester posted:

These guys have both Imperial and Republic factions and they're very easy going with some hardcore members. The only real downside to them is that they are PG-13 so no swearing in guild chat

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Your Companion is also very active (20 players at peak, usually 5-10 offpeak at random times) and has the full array of perks. Plus it's a funny name.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

My game was fine and then on Tuesday every time I tried to play it would run fine but then every 2 min or so the game would just lock for up to 20 seconds at a time and then continue. No idea why. Anyone ever had that happen? Wondering if it's a server side thing since things like enemy aggro would also lock, so I wouldn't come back to a bunch of damage or anything.

Also I'm still in That's No Goon on Empire side, AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

My game was fine and then on Tuesday every time I tried to play it would run fine but then every 2 min or so the game would just lock for up to 20 seconds at a time and then continue. No idea why. Anyone ever had that happen? Wondering if it's a server side thing since things like enemy aggro would also lock, so I wouldn't come back to a bunch of damage or anything.

Are you using a Sith Warrior by chance? Hearing a lot of grumbling that Warriors have some lag.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

Are you using a Sith Warrior by chance? Hearing a lot of grumbling that Warriors have some lag.

I am. That could be it. Actually, come to think of it it might be every time I leap. Will have to check tonight.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Yeah I can corroborate that. Was happening to me yesterday. Figured it was just demand on the new zone after the patch.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Fuzz posted:

Same. I'm gonna need a few invites for some more alts, too.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

It's Vette, specifically. Put her away and you should be fine.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pryce posted:

It's happening for me with Shae Viszla too. I think it might be some creeping issue with the ranged companions.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Fuzz posted:

I'm still in That's No Goon and Goon Squad on Starforge and the old Let's Play guild Retsupurae over on Satele Shan. I'm pretty much one of those the only way I'll leave is if the guild's deleted.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Chickenwalker posted:

It's happening for me with Shae Viszla too. I think it might be some creeping issue with the ranged companions.

Hmmmmmmm, that's not good. We know why Vette's happening (has to do with some insane server calls that are being spammed when it's checking if she wants to talk to you or not), but only the 'original' companions have that issue. Shae shouldn't have any calls ever since they don't have those 'talk to you in private' conversations. Lemme pass this along, thanks.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Pryce posted:

I'm on that chapter of KotET where you're forced to use her. :gonk:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

This lag from companions is ridiculous. The game is unplayable.

Surely the one guy left maintaining the game can fix this in between updating the cash shop.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Pryce posted:

Hmmmmmmm, that's not good. We know why Vette's happening (has to do with some insane server calls that are being spammed when it's checking if she wants to talk to you or not), but only the 'original' companions have that issue. Shae shouldn't have any calls ever since they don't have those 'talk to you in private' conversations. Lemme pass this along, thanks.

The same thing is happening on your personal starship too so it’s not just a companion issue.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I haven't seen any lag, I played my Juggernaut for a bit and didn't have any issues as long as I wasn't using Vette.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Going through the original content with a new SW, almost exclusively using Vette, and so far I haven't run into any trouble.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I jugged around a bit with LS Jaesa, no problems.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Sombrerotron posted:

Going through the original content with a new SW, almost exclusively using Vette, and so far I haven't run into any trouble.

Since I'm not seeing any trouble either and only have gone through up to the Illum content, I'm wondering if it's something just effecting those in the KotFE/FT and later content.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Well there's technically two Vette's right? Pre-KotFE/KotET and post.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Well there's technically two Vette's right? Pre-KotFE/KotET and post.

My understanding is all the original companions are separated between pre and post.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

My issue is with vette on my juggernaut at around level 30. Constant freezes every few seconds of 30 seconds or more. I’ve played a lot over the years and never had issues so its frustrating

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I managed to finish chapter one and was able to switch to my new apprentice, and the freezing stopped. It still happens on the starship though. I assume because it has conversation checks. Still very frustrating.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, as said earlier there's a known issue with Warriors and Vette, you can't use her until it's fixed

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
I recently began playing this game again, last time was around the open beta back in the days and I am having lots of fun. My girlfriend seems interested aswell but I think if she wants to start playing she propably would choose one of the races that are not available in the free to play mode. I bought the Origin deluxe pack for myself and it said the code can only be redeemed once every 6 month. If I buy another code can she use it in that case?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Boggus posted:

I recently began playing this game again, last time was around the open beta back in the days and I am having lots of fun. My girlfriend seems interested aswell but I think if she wants to start playing she propably would choose one of the races that are not available in the free to play mode. I bought the Origin deluxe pack for myself and it said the code can only be redeemed once every 6 month. If I buy another code can she use it in that case?

It should be fine, but you can also get the same thing on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Re...2Brepublic&th=1

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.

Cynic Jester posted:

It should be fine, but you can also get the same thing on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Re...2Brepublic&th=1

Ah great! I'll look into the amazon bundle. One more question about outfits. Do I need to store the gear I want to use as a outfit or are they unlocked/stored someway like WoWs transmog system?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Boggus posted:

Ah great! I'll look into the amazon bundle. One more question about outfits. Do I need to store the gear I want to use as a outfit or are they unlocked/stored someway like WoWs transmog system?

Depends. The Outfit Designer tab essentially holds a copy of the gear that disappears if you replace it with a different item. You would need to store the item in your Cargo or Legacy bank to be able to use it again. If you are able to unlock the outfit/weapon into your Collections and then spend some cartel coins to make it an account unlock, you'll always be able to pop a set of it on any of your characters and be able to just toss the item for space.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Another thing with the outfit system: You can put dyes directly into an outfit slot, but the dye is consumed and will be gone forever if you put a different item in the slot. If you're using any kind of rare or expensive dye, it's better to dye the actual item, then stamp it into the outfit, then store it in your bank. That way you've got a backup if you rearrange your outfit.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Another thing with the outfit system: You can put dyes directly into an outfit slot, but the dye is consumed and will be gone forever if you put a different item in the slot. If you're using any kind of rare or expensive dye, it's better to dye the actual item, then stamp it into the outfit, then store it in your bank. That way you've got a backup if you rearrange your outfit.

This is important advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

clone on the phone posted:

The same thing is happening on your personal starship too so it’s not just a companion issue.

Yeah, that makes sense, since that space is doing a conversation check as well (on all your companions).