Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

RandomFerret posted:

Honestly, the joy cons are packed so tightly you won't see it except for the rail, and that's something that you should consider keeping stock anyway rather than introduce a potential weakness

From the videos I watched, the kits don't seem to come with a new rail, all the videos have you taking the stock rail off and moving it over.

I'll have to go back and watch again to make sure you can get to the bottom layer of circuits without disassembling the middle layer. If you can, I'll probably just use the stock middle for stability's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Golden Sun Anthology?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I wonder what the legal and financial stuff around Eternal Darkness is because it would be really cool to see that again, bonus points if they updated the insanely effects a little to reflect being on a Switch.

Its main character did appear as a Spirit in Smash Bros. I figure Nintendo owns it fully, it's just been stuck in limbo like most of the Gamecube library.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

man nurse posted:

I wish that Eternal Darkness sequel or spiritual successor or whatever had gotten off of the ground. The ideas for it seemed neat.

It's a shame that Silicon Knights was ran by a con artist and professional rear end in a top hat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Its main character did appear as a Spirit in Smash Bros. I figure Nintendo owns it fully, it's just been stuck in limbo like most of the Gamecube library.

As far as I know, Nintendo may own the rights but Silicon Knights still owns the patent on that type of psychological horror mechanics.

So Nintendo can parade around the characters but can't actually release the game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Inzombiac posted:

As far as I know, Nintendo may own the rights but Silicon Knights still owns the patent on that type of psychological horror mechanics.

So Nintendo can parade around the characters but can't actually release the game.

Does Silicon Knights even still exist?

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Pretty sure they went down with the Too Human ship.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Does Silicon Knights even still exist?

The studio ceased to exist after Epic won the lawsuit.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Inzombiac posted:

According to Google Patent, Nintendo of America is the one that originally filed the claim.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man nurse posted:

I wish that Eternal Darkness sequel or spiritual successor or whatever had gotten off of the ground. The ideas for it seemed neat.

I wish the first game was actually good and not just the one grown up game that little kids brothers wouldnt let them play so they never stop talking about it. cause its just a piece of poo poo game full of red blue green rock paper scissors puzzles and sloppy combat that constantly repeats the same mechanical beats over and over cause every new character needs to discover their power and be scared by monsters etc.
The insanity system is broken as heck too you just run in a circle to build mp and cast sanity magic. Its a loving trainwreck game let it go and please also i'd like pickles on my burger ok i'll pull up thanks.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In Daemon X Machina if your robot gets blown to poo poo and you eject is there any way to call down a new one? I hosed up the big boss mission and there's not much a basic dude can do on the ground in that one.

Game is real good though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I wish the first game was actually good and not just the one grown up game that little kids brothers wouldnt let them play so they never stop talking about it. cause its just a piece of poo poo game full of red blue green rock paper scissors puzzles and sloppy combat that constantly repeats the same mechanical beats over and over cause every new character needs to discover their power and be scared by monsters etc.
The insanity system is broken as heck too you just run in a circle to build mp and cast sanity magic. Its a loving trainwreck game let it go and please also i'd like pickles on my burger ok i'll pull up thanks.

It's good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My post? Thanks

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Eternal Darkness is absolutely terrible and I implore anyone who has fond memories of it to go back and try to get through 1/3 of it today.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

My post? Thanks

You're welcome

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

THE loving MOON posted:

I will be wildly disappointed when F-Zero FX doesn't land this year, with Fox as a guest character :shepface:

Has it really been 15 years since we had a console F-Zero game? How is this possible...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Pierson posted:

In Daemon X Machina if your robot gets blown to poo poo and you eject is there any way to call down a new one? I hosed up the big boss mission and there's not much a basic dude can do on the ground in that one.

Game is real good though.

I'd like to know this too. In my second attempt at the 3rd mission, I got my mech blown up and ended up spenind the rest of the mission running away. Apparently I did enough work that the ally CPUs were able to mop up, because that's how I can found out you can win even if you get blown up. :shepface:

Seriously though, everybody should try the Daemon Machina demo. I'm completely sold, provided they can do something to even out the framerate. I'm not the type to freak out over a game not having the best framerate, but it's really, really really bad in the demo. It's just a demo though, I remain optimistic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would love an fzero animal crossing hybrid where you need to fix the energy pads on big blue between races and pay off tom nook for your car

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

THE loving MOON posted:

I'd like to know this too. In my second attempt at the 3rd mission, I got my mech blown up and ended up spenind the rest of the mission running away. Apparently I did enough work that the ally CPUs were able to mop up, because that's how I can found out you can win even if you get blown up. :shepface:

Seriously though, everybody should try the Daemon Machina demo. I'm completely sold, provided they can do something to even out the framerate. I'm not the type to freak out over a game not having the best framerate, but it's really, really really bad in the demo. It's just a demo though, I remain optimistic

Your supposed to get in hijacked mechs with X but I can never get it to work and the last mission has no other mechs so yeah I can’t figure it out either.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I've replayed Eternal Darkness a couple times over the years, and it remained pretty good, but with some big, noticeable flaws. If anything, I'd love a sequel specifically because it would present an opportunity to fix those flaws and make a better game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Eternal Darkness is absolutely terrible and I implore anyone who has fond memories of it to go back and try to get through 1/3 of it today.

I'm actually playing it right now and it's pretty neat.
The magic system is incomprehensible though

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Astro7x posted:

Has it really been 15 years since we had a console F-Zero game? How is this possible...

Nintendo decided that people must not like F-Zero when they didn't buy the really lovely GBA games that played like bad versions of the SNES game

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Eternal Darkness was great. Augustus was the boss that I feared and respected. Not only could he cast the same spells as you, but he was twice as fast casting them. Even if he missed on a swipe with his staff, he still killed me a few times from the sanity drain. The Elder Gods battling at the same time was cool as hell too.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Real hurthling! posted:

Ma'am, this is a Dairy Queen drive through. We do not serve burgers here.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Remaster Snowboard Kids 1 & 2 and Wetrix for the Switch. Wetrix 99.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

poonchasta posted:

Ma'am, this is a Dairy Queen drive through. We do not serve burgers here.

They sell burgers at the Dairy Queen where I'm from :colbert:

Mystery sequel is Earthbound 64.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Circle Nine posted:

Remaster Snowboard Kids 1 & 2 and Wetrix for the Switch. Wetrix 99.

Tetrisphere 99

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CYBEReris posted:

I don't think DMC-style action combat ever really ages that much if it's tight. My PS2 copy of Devil May Cry 1 still feels really good to play barring a tiny handful of annoyances like the fixed camera, and I feel the same way about games like Revengeance and Bayonetta.

Changes to the formula have worked pretty well and contributed a lot to these games but they don't retroactively make previous action games bad. A lot of the core of attacks/combos/cancels/specials remains the same after almost two decades of iteration.

This, I beat DMC1 and 3 for the first time this year and they both hold up amazingly well, and Bayonetta plays even better and has more intuitive controls.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

It's obviously going to be Uniracers.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Finished Deamon machina demo, it was good, though the game felt really slow for some reason

The boss throwing up its energy shield every 3 seconds was really annoying

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Astro7x posted:

Nintendo doesn't know what new thing they could do with it. At least that's the most recent reason I've heard.

F-Zero 99 is the obvious answer. F-Zero was already a battle royale in racing form anyway, so just let me murder 98 strangers to become first place out of one. :black101:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Finished Deamon machina demo, it was good, though the game felt really slow for some reason

The boss throwing up its energy shield every 3 seconds was really annoying

I banged my head against that fight until I figured out where the weak points were. Once I blew off the laser, well

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I banged my head against that fight until I figured out where the weak points were. Once I blew off the laser, well

The weak points are the pylons on the side right? I didn’t know those destroyed the laser.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

The weak points are the pylons on the side right? I didn’t know those destroyed the laser.

There are a set of weak points underneath the main body of the boss, and three along each side of the laser itself. The laser ones only pop out after it fires, for a short time until the boss jumps. If you destroy all six on each side of the laser, it pops off, and you can pick it up and fire it once back at the boss, in easily the coolest moment of the entire demo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

There are a set of weak points underneath the main body of the boss, and three along each side of the laser itself. The laser ones only pop out after it fires, for a short time until the boss jumps. If you destroy all six on each side of the laser, it pops off, and you can pick it up and fire it once back at the boss, in easily the coolest moment of the entire demo

Man this game rules.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bleck posted:

Nintendo decided that people must not like F-Zero when they didn't buy the really lovely GBA games that played like bad versions of the SNES game

Why were those games so horrible? I remember getting one and just being really disappointed in it, but can't remember why

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

F zero would be a great battle Royale, ram everybody, start with 100 cars, once it's down to 30 the arena Gates open up and you drive out to jump onto the track then you race

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I downloaded the Lets Go demo and I can't play it in dock mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want the following in “99” form:

-Excitebike
-Snake Rattle and Roll
-Marble Madness
-Pinball
-Paperboy