Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Zaphod42 posted:

I actually agree

Then get like some American drivers to really trigger the euros. I'd say look at indy but Bourdais and Power and Hinchcliffe and Sato....

We can't even win our own open wheel series. Why are americans so bad at open wheel? :911: silly nascar

gently caress Ryan Hunter-Reay is our best hope of an American F1 driver? Yeah nope.

Get some random fat dudes from a podunk Ohio dirt track racing series, get them up to speed with open wheel stuff, and get them their Super License. Then let the Fit Europeans watch in disgust as they pull themselves from their extradouble-wide Haas cars with McDonalds advertising prominently displayed on the distended abdominal area of their race suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SF-90 in action from today filming day:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:flashfap:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

SF-90 in action from today filming day:

That's a great picture except for the driver

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcL7I1NSQDs

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I have a feeling this was asked a few days ago, but I dont remember it being answered.

Is testing being broadcast anywhere this year? Was the F1 streaming site meant to show it? Anyone else?

Oh, and we all know the real reason Williams had to postpone their first day of testing.... they needed to change their livery!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
f1.tv will show at least the entire first day of testing. the morons running the show could show it live like indy does it for the 500 IMO

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Dr :)

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

freeranger posted:

I have a feeling this was asked a few days ago, but I dont remember it being answered.

Is testing being broadcast anywhere this year? Was the F1 streaming site meant to show it? Anyone else?

Oh, and we all know the real reason Williams had to postpone their first day of testing.... they needed to change their livery!

Normally sky has a Teds Notebook update at the end of each test day

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Sky F1's actually going all-out this year.

quote:

Sky F1 will be broadcasting live from Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya on all four days when the first pre-season test is held on February 18-21.

For our UK-based audience, coverage will commence on every day of the test at 1pm as the teams and drivers put their new-for-2019-cars to the test for the first time.

Including insight from special guests, team bosses and drivers, live coverage of the track action at Barcelona will be broadcast until 5pm UK time when the chequered flag will fall to mark the close of each day's running.
Live television coverage of the test will begin on Monday February 18 at 1pm and will continue until 6pm.

Sky F1 will also be broadcasting live coverage on Tuesday February 19, Wednesday February 20 and Thursday February 21 between 1pm and 6pm.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
help im thinking in skipping job to watch test 1 of the 2019 season of formula 1 one

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nascar was on TV at the bar I was just at and I think I will stop complaining so much about F1 being unwatchable at times because wew

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

help im thinking in skipping job to watch test 1 of the 2019 season of formula 1 one

Testing is the most boring poo poo to watch. MotoGP has broadcast the first test for years and you can compress anything meaningful into a 30 minute wrap up show.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Nascar was on TV at the bar I was just at and I think I will stop complaining so much about F1 being unwatchable at times because wew

That was a great race until it fell apart

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

For real, the end of the race took 2 hours it felt like.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Daytona 500: If you're not first, you're crashed

Important exception for Vettel: If you're first, you're crashed

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uncalled

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Serious posting:

The 2019 Mercedes livery is going on my small list of greatest all time liveries. It's loving gorgeous.

Also of note is how the Merc engine is "heavily overhauled" and practically brand new with a focus on intensive cooling and the car itself has undergone massive and aggressive weight shedding on every component.

All I'm getting from that is 2019 is gonna be an unreliable year for them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

djssniper posted:

Normally sky has a Teds Notebook update at the end of each test day

Yeah but... its Ted.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
why mclaren poo poo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rhopunzel posted:

why mclaren poo poo

Because dennis is a bastard man?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

:golfclap:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

:worship:

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Rhopunzel posted:

why mclaren poo poo

zakn't ron

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Phwoa what a car!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I do like Sauber as Alfa Romeo and I'm glad to see they don't seem to be in dire straits the way Williams is.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carth Dookie posted:

I do like Sauber as Alfa Romeo and I'm glad to see they don't seem to be in dire straits the way Williams is.

Kimi just drove the car into the gravel. First red flag thus goes to Sauber ;)

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lmfao the hondas sound like death

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

tuo posted:

Phwoa what a car!

Way to throw away its far superior launch livery

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Why are sky starting at 1pm when it’s on now :colbert:

Hello.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Delete this filth

learnincurve posted:

Why are sky starting at 1pm when it’s on now :colbert:

Hello.

Not to clash with the Antiques Roadshow viewership

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So Redbull and Toro Rosso have only set outlaps?
New Honda partnership is going exactly as predicted I see.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Did Mclaren even make it thru an outlap on their first run with Hondas?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I just found out about Williams and holy poo poo.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
May I be the first this season to say 'Kimi is poo poo'

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

wow the first mclaren since 2012 that doesn't look like a total bin man mobile

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tsaedje posted: