Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
NONE OF THIS IS REAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

Good.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://i.imgur.com/yRDJyAz.gifv

Blind Sally posted:

> You are Dash Rendar
> No, that isn't right...
> Consciousness slowly returns to you
> You are Dash Rendar
> You are

> You are Blind Sally
> It's been you all along
> You open your eyes
> "Blind" is not an adjective, it is your first name
> You--you remember exactly what is going on
> Are you where you're supposed to be?

> You open your eyes
> You're in the thread
> You ache all over
> How is the LP going?
> You feel sick
> You swallow the bile
> Where are you?
> You're in the thread

> You seem to be lying down on the thread's floor
> You're looking at the thread's ceiling
> You look up

> You see something CJacobs did going on in the other room
> Looks like you've broken it
> Has it been that long?
> It's been a year
> It's been a loving year
> You feel like death
> What were you doing?

> Oh yeah
> You were supposed to be doing a Dash Rendar thread LP
> Instead you did nothing
> Well no more
> It's time to get back to basics

> Sorry, Emily is Away 2, but you're just a gimmick
> Gonna have to bring it back to Dash proper
> And Galactic Battlegrounds mod?
> You were pretty okay, but it's been a real drag to LP you

> It's time to move on

> You've let this thread down for too long
> What have you done in the past year that has been more important than Dash Rendar?
>
>
>
> Well, you suppose that becoming a Let's Play mod again has been time consuming
> But it's time to tell the thread the truth
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> The truth about why you've been too busy to update the thread...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> The truth is you got too big for the LP

> It was the Chrono Trigger MSPaint Let's Play that was at fault
> It was a big hit in the world of German academia

> Once you became an internationally renowned, academically cited Let's Player, you knew it was next level poo poo

> And it's been a wild ride, but all good things must come to an end
> The money has run out and it's time to return home
> It's time to return to Dash
> But first, there's something you have to do...

> D A S H
> R E N D A R
> W I L L
> N E V E R
> D I E

:ovr:

>update let's plays in a fit of spontaneous free time and creative enthusiasm

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 21, 2019

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it's real. all of it.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
I knew I could count on Dash Rendar to pull through.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

it's real. all of it.

Does that mean you beat the game on Hard difficulty?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Dash Rendar is a myth.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

goatface posted:

Dash Rendar is a myth.

They haven’t recanonized him yet so actually, he’s still a Legend :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
alright, which one a you changed the status of this LP to "Abandoned" on the LP Master List Database? Dash Rendar is most definitely not abandoned!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

alright, which one a you changed the status of this LP to "Abandoned" on the LP Master List Database? Dash Rendar is most definitely not abandoned!

prove it!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The first tantric let's play

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren::siren::siren:IT'S OFFICIAL!!! DASH HAS HIS OWN "CANON" PAGE ON WOOKIEEPEDIA!!! https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dash_Rendar:siren::siren::siren:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

:siren::siren::siren:IT'S OFFICIAL!!! DASH HAS HIS OWN "CANON" PAGE ON WOOKIEEPEDIA!!! https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dash_Rendar:siren::siren::siren:

The best thing to come out of Solo outside of that bitchin Darth Maul cameo.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's like a dream come true. :unsmith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

we don't want Dash to be a carbonite copy of Mr. Solo. Our suggestion is that rather than thinking of him simply as a mercenary, Dash is more like a swaggery Top Gun-style fighter pilot. A guy with real talent but a bit of a braggart and a blowhard, too.

Wait... that's just Han Solo, though. YOU HACK FRAUDS

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
when can we expect Disney to release a Dash Rendar feature film

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I can't believe we did it! Thanks to this thread, I'm sure, Dash is canon again! This wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for every single person who followed it!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

florida lan posted:

when can we expect Disney to release a Dash Rendar feature film

Rendar: A Star Wars Story

quote:

INT. AN IMPERIAL CHECKPOINT

DASH ATTEMPTS TO BOARD A STARSHIP OFF OF CORELLIA

IMPERIAL AGENT: Name?

DASH: Dash.

AGENT: Full name?

DASH: It's just Dash. I don't have a last name.

AGENT: Is anyone traveling with you?

DASH: It's just me. I'm alone.

AGENT: Hmm? Solo? ...Blast this this is taking too long to render. Hmm.

THE AGENT HANDS DASH A COPY OF HIS TRAVEL PAPERS, THEY BEAR THE NAME DASH RENDAR

Breaking news: I was just fired by Kathleen Kennedy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

Rendar: A Star Wars Story

Breaking news: I was just fired by Kathleen Kennedy.

No, you twit! His name is -!

The reason it took so long to create the database entry is because it kept returning an invalid search prompt when looking him up in Imperial personnel files!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

quote:

DASH: This is where I sign up to be a pilot, right?
OFFICER: If you apply for the Imperial Navy, but most recruits go into the infantry.
DASH: I’m a pilot. Better than Han Solo, too.
OFFICER: Who?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

quote:

DASH: So what’s your name, anyway?
LEEBO: LE-BO2D9
DASH: Uhh...
LEEBO: That's LE-BO2D9.
DASH: There's a, uh, an, uh, an "L" in there, right?
LEEBO: Am I--am I not speaking Basic? LE-BO2D9!
DASH: Uhh... suh... suh... Cee Dee, uhh...
LEEBO: Oh, for--ELL EEE BEE OH TWO DEE NINE!
LEEBO: It's Leebo! Leebo's fine!

Sally fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 26, 2019

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

quote:

[QI'RA makes contact with her boss, and MAULappears in hologram]
MAUL: Yes?
QI'RA: I regret to inform you that Dryden Vos is dead, murdered by the thief he hired to steal the coaxium shipment, his friend, Tobias Beckett.
MAUL: Is that so? Where is the shipment now?
QI'RA: Gone. Beckett took it. Slaughtered the others. I alone survived.
MAUL: One man couldn’t have done this alone.
QI'RA: I wasn’t there, but if I had been, perhaps I could have saved him.
MAUL: [chuckles] Bring the ship and come to me on Dathomir and you and I will then decide what to do about the traitor, Beckett, and his accomplices.
QI'RA: I’m on my way.
[MAUL fires up his lightsaber]
MAUL: Qi’ra, you and I will be working much more closely from now on.
[There is a flush from off-screen. DASH enters, tucking in his pants]
DASH: So, uh, I hope you have a las-plunger. I don't think your toilets are up to code. Fancy place and all, but not up to code. Let me tell you, no Corellian toilet would crumble so easily before Dash's droppings. You should look into getting Corellian toilets. Like, I don't want to tell you how to run this place, and I'm also certainly not apologize for what comes naturally, but this never would have happened with a Corellian toilet. Oh hey, Qi'Ra who's that?
[MAUL, whether due to the man's sheer audacity or his oozing charisma, is transfixed by DASH, unable to look away.]
[An awkward silence falls over the group. There is a beat, then toilet water begins to seep out from the door just entered from]

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So when are we getting a dramatic reading of the canon appearance of our boy who once danced with the angels?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
life is good

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Blasphemy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dash Rendar posted:

life is good

So when's the Dash Rendar mention review going to happen? Also, cookbook review.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Alright Dash Rendarites, I hope you're ready for another exciting Jedi Academy mod! Wooo! Yeah

WOoo!

WOOO!O

WOlsdoo1!

Check this, straight from the mod's description:

quote:

Ultimate victory lies within the grasp of the dreaded Galactic Emperor Palpatine as the tattered remnants of the Rebel fleet desperately seek sanctuary and time to muster new allies.
A grim Luke Skywalker, reeling from Darth Vader's revelation on the cloud city of Bespin ponders his own destiny and that of the Rebel Alliance. Meanwhile, the search ensues for Han Solo, captive of the notorious bounty hunter, Boba Fett.

To deal a final blow to the Rebellion, Palpatine has hatched a new plan of which even Lord Vader is unaware. To aid him, the Emperor had enlisted the services of the vast criminal underworld that lurks within the Shadows of the Empire…

Overview
This mod is a retelling of the Star Wars Expanded Universe story, Shadows of the Empire (also referred to as "SOTE"). This chain of events takes place between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The Shadows of the Empire story was originally told in 3 media forms: the novel, the comic books, and the video game. Each version was originally very different. This mod is combining all three accounts into one storyline.

Features
The Shadows of the Empire mod will feature all of the original levels from the SotE game (made for Nintendo 64, and later ported to PC). In addition, we plan to integrate elements from the comics and novel by adding more levels which tie together the three originally very different storylines. This makes for one sizable mod. At this time, we plan to have thirteen playable levels. Players will control Dash Rendar as he helps the Rebels track down the captured Han Solo, and guide Luke Skywalker on his path to Jedi Knighthood. Can you prove you have what it takes and save the Rebels from the Shadows of the Empire?

Applications
While Team Jedispy is currently well staffed with talented personnel, we are always happy to accept applications from interested persons. The greatest need we have right now is level design/mapping, and modeling (characters, vehicles, weapons, and props). Any people interested in applying may post applications on our forum.

Links
SOTE Mod News
SOTE Mod Forums

Aw hell yeah, I'm getting stoked for this mod already, aren't you? It's all coming back to me! We're gonna replay the entirety of Shadows of the Empire, but this time on the Jedi Academy engine! Awwwww yiss! Just check out how excited these people were way back in 2006 when they were getting hyped to play this:

Man, you said it zombieOnion!

Haha, yeah! Give us the release date! Hahaha, oh man, I can't imagine having had to wait. I'm so glad it's 2019 and the mod is out!

Whoa, some wacky jokes going on here. Man, people sure were stoked for this game. Speaking of the model, check out what dvg94 was peepin':

Pretty darn wicked Star Viper. I can't wait to see it in action when we finally get to the end of the mod!

Oh, and those Outrider shots?

Sublime.

Just...

Sublime.

Man, going through these comments really starts to paint a picture. Project must have been going pretty well if it got so big that they had to reboot their site and get a new one going.

Gotta say, I know this is ancient history at this point, but I too am glad jedispy is still at it!

Oof, fair question SPTX, but perhaps a little blunt. I hope jedispy isn't offended...

Hahaha, oh heck yeah, jedispy is really about the people. Woot woot! Jedi Academy SOTE mod!

Hope you in the Dash Thread are getting pumped for this! It's gonna be good!

Yeah! Woo! Track that mod development!

Haha, yeah, don't worry about it, we got lots of time! You tell'em, jedispy, assure them of the mod's continued existence.

W-wait...

Don't tell me this died in 2014.

Where are you jedispy? W, where are you!?

Oh dear...

This is the last comment.

Wha...

Hmmm... well, perhaps we can check those mod site links in the descripti--

Nope, nevermind, those links are dead.

Can we... can we check out some archived versions of the site?

Huh. This must be their old site, the one that moved.

Let's check a later grab:

Uh, yup. Old site.

What about the last archive...

Uh, yikes. That is certainly some kinda forum. It's, uh, not as active as I would have hoped.

The last registered user. They would know what happened to our SOTE mod. They would be able to tell us what they saw.

What did you see, mistertitanic?

What did you see?

mistertitanic

what

did

you

see?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
A beautiful gift that man was not ready for, and was judged accordingly.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
I cannot believe that Dash Rendar's mod is dead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
RETURN

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
OF

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
SHEEV

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
No one's ever truly gone...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:barf:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Skip Movie. Read Spoilers once they are posted. In all probability, pretend bad movie made in the name of money was never made and Return of the Jedi, a great film, was never ruined by greedy idiots.

You can have your Star Wars plans. These are mine.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
God dammit JJ. Can't you ever, just once in your life, move a plot forward?

Sheev is cool, Ian McDiarmid is cool, but that character is fuckin dead and his story was already told over five fuckin movies. That character is done and resurrecting it is fuckin stupid.

achtungnight posted:

Return of the Jedi, a great film

:hai:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm really enjoying this trailer.

It's allowing me to prepare for disappointment so very very early.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DontMockMySmock posted:

God dammit JJ. Can't you ever, just once in your life, move a plot forward?

Sheev is cool, Ian McDiarmid is cool, but that character is fuckin dead and his story was already told over five fuckin movies. That character is done and resurrecting it is fuckin stupid.

:hai:

Rain Johnson: Let the past die. Nostalgia is bad. All the heroes from your childhood are old and hosed up and can’t help you. Look to a new generation of heroes to save you from a new generation of villains.

JJ Abrams: REMEMBER PALPATINE?! REMEMBER LANDO?! REMEMBER THE DEATH STAR... AGAIN?! REMEMBER ALL THOSE THINGS YOU LIKED FROM THE PAST?! NOSTALGIA FOREVER AND EVER AND NOTHING’S EVER REALLY GONE OR MOVES FORWARD!

:manning:

I mean, it’s gonna be better than whatever batshit Book of Henry-esque cartwheeling trainwreck Colin Treverrow was going to poo poo all over the screen, but man I’m glad that Star Wars is done* after this.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 13, 2019

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
George Lucas consulted on the script.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ahh what the heck crow! who let crow in here? hes gotten all this loving palpatine crap everywhere.

thats not dashing at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
But Palpy in a pirate suit would be quite dashing!