Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Happy 121 birthday to Il Drake, Il Commentatore, Ingegnere Enzo Ferrari

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1097435557691482112?s=09

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I can't imagine how much boiled steroid infused horsemeat one would have to eat thinking it's mad cow stew to come to the conclusion that Kimi is poo poo. The halo is supposed to protect you from having thoughts like that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The LMP-like lights on the rear wing look cool. 2019 season is saved. Do A-license drivers also get them in green?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Claire Williams was just on F1TV saying that the new livery should tell the world how bright and vibrant the future of Williams is.

Dear Claire, please sort out all the poo poo with your brother, and bring him in. Thank you.

e: they are calling it an "aggressive new look, which conveys the technological advancements in F1". What are they smoking at Williams, and where can I get some of it?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

tuo posted:

The LMP-like lights on the rear wing look cool. 2019 season is saved. Do A-license drivers also get them in green?

A license is blue. PLAY MORE VIDEO GAMES

Also i feel filthy saying it but ferraris front and rear wings looks absolutely amazing

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

tuo posted:

Claire Williams was just on F1TV saying that the new livery should tell the world how bright and vibrant the future of Williams is.

Dear Claire, please sort out all the poo poo with your brother, and bring him in. Thank you.

e: they are calling it an "aggressive new look, which conveys the technological advancements in F1". What are they smoking at Williams, and where can I get some of it?

williams has been poo poo and irrelevant since 2005

mclaren since 2015, 2013 at the earliest. there's still time

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

Also i feel filthy saying it but ferraris front and rear wings looks absolutely amazing

https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Testing.html

quote:

(During testing) cars being driven by drivers who do not possess a Super Licence must be fitted with a green rear light which must be illuminated at all times the car is on the track.
Article 10.8c of the 2018 FIA Sporting Regulations

Read more regulations! (actually, don't, it's super dull)

e: also agree on the Ferrari. The car looks awesome. I think we have some of the best looking grid in years (especially with Williams missing). The Ferrari is pretty orange though due to the matte finish.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

tuo posted:

https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Testing.html

Read more regulations! (actually, don't, it's super dull)

Ok well the FIA need to play more video games because A license is always blue!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

Ok well the FIA need to play more video games because A license is always blue!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

How did you get access to my webcam

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

What about the sidepods?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Why does wikipedia list the haas engine as the 062? Did they not shell out for the new model?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
'Kimi is poo poo' is not some bold new idea, he's done nothing of worth in years. Impressive only winning one race last year in the best car on the grid, and it didn't even matter because he spent the rest of the year coasting Ferrari to a glorious 2nd in the WCC. Congrats on finishing 69 points behind your teammate though Kimi, very nice.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Why does wikipedia list the haas engine as the 062? Did they not shell out for the new model?

Because Haas wrote 062 on their website, for some reason.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Rich Energy logo on the engine cover looks like poo poo on TV. That's my hot take for the moment.

e: the whole Haas looks much worse than expected. GP2 team.

tuo fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 18, 2019

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
testing and all but the sf90 runs and its not dying. very nice

Pirelli

""You might have noticed that our tyres have a more shiny look to them this year," it said on social media. "This is because we are using chrome moulds for the first time in F1 (we’ve tried them before in F2). There’s no effect on performance, but they look nice, don’t they?""

Maybe make tyres that dont loving suck ?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Feb 18, 2019

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
Just to say, Kimi isn’t poo poo. He’s had to play the game with Vettel for a while for sure, but the man has serious pace and brings a lot to F1. Having him with Alfa Romeo this year will be a lot of fun I think, as he can just focus of his drive - which is as solid as ever.

Look at his pole position lap at Monaco in 2017. This guy is talented.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mO6HyNj8Owk

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Kimi is poo poo and will do nothing of note at Alfa

He will still have cheerleaders because he swore once and was rude to his engineer on the radio like a cool cool guy

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldnt call Kimis driving as solid. Last year he always blew his hot lap at q3. On the other hand Vettel loving sucked.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Kimi is good and we should be grateful that he’s preventing some anonymous mediocre branded pay-driver from driving in F1

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
At the end of the day, the guy can drive an F1 car and consistently be on the podium. I know you chaps are saying that he’s poo poo because he’s not constantly winning. But he drives to a high standard, has charisma and isn’t Bottas. Three things we love.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Kimi is 4/5ths as good as Vettel in a year when he's acknowledged by everyone to have been poo poo

So Kimi is worse than poo poo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2017 kimi was just awful, last year he did the bare minimun: beat loving bottas. his win at USA was really nice and he should have won at Monza but Ferrari hosed it up and cooked his tyres

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I guess if the only criteria to not be poo poo is to win drat everything then the only not poo poo driver is Hamilton. Reflect on that like you didn't reflect before voting to torpedo your country's economy and world standing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Kimi gave up awhile ago and is going through the motions to continue getting a fat payday and I can’t blame him, that’s the dream

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
What's the one adjective to describe a man so famously dour, unresponsive and cold that he's nicknamed 'iceman'? I know, charismatic! :laffo:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

quote:

Claire Williams: "It is looking more likely than not that we will now not be in a position to run on track until Wednesday at the earliest. This is obviously extremely disappointing, but it is unfortunately the situation we are in. We will be getting the FW42 on track as soon as we are able."

dohohoho

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

ilmucche posted:

the only not poo poo driver is Hamilton.

Good point, op.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ok Williams should :getout: of F1 now. Not even kidding. They peaked with Mansell and Hill WDCs and they also murdered Senna which was a highlight but Villeneuves wdc ruined them as a team and now their descent is just embarrassing. Fire Claire, fire all Williams' and Red Bull can buy them for penuts and run them as a C team for all I care

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

Ok Williams should :getout: of F1 now. Not even kidding. They peaked with Mansell and Hill WDCs and they also murdered Senna which was a highlight but Villeneuves wdc ruined them as a team and now their descent is just embarrassing. Fire Claire, fire all Williams' and Red Bull can buy them for penuts and run them as a C team for all I care

nice meltdown

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Williams has disgraced the noble sport of Grand Prix racing long enough. They should be disbanded.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 18, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I am 100% in agreement with DoctorGonzo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

What's actually wrong with WIlliams?

That livery....missing all the deadlines....what the gently caress?

e: don't get me wrong, if they had an awesome livery, I'd totally give them some slack for missing all of testing. My priorities are in place.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Williams:
They hosed something
They dont have money to pay for the new parts

Really SAD! situation all around.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tuo posted:

What's actually wrong with WIlliams?

That livery....missing all the deadlines....what the gently caress?

e: don't get me wrong, if they had an awesome livery, I'd totally give them some slack for missing all of testing. My priorities are in place.

Imagine if Ron hadn't gotten fired and instead continued running McLaren for 30 more years. That's Williams.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

BMW should buy the team out fully and return to F1

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

freeranger posted:

BMW should buy the team out fully and return to F1

V6

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol the willliams isnt even en España.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

There is no Williams

e; there is a last years Williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope that after brexit Liberty/the FIA removes sky F1 from the sport. holy gently caress they are awful