Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was at Costco last night and bought a 7.1 surround sound system (Vizio) for my TV. Day and night difference in sound quality from the weak TV speakers to the soundbar/subwoofer. Red Dead Redemption 2 sounds incredible and there are so many sound effects that I never heard before, turning it into practically a whole new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
How loving sick would it be if there were a Titanfall VR and every mission started with you dropping in from low-orbit.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if memory serves that's how every mission started in mdk

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

PantsBandit posted:

How loving sick would it be if there were a Titanfall VR and every mission started with you dropping in from low-orbit.

This was probably the pitch

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

would there be much cannibalization going on between a single player first person shooter campaign and a battle royale though?

Presumably they wouldn't just make a single player campaign without the multiplayer since there's no way that's gonna be profitable plus people really like the titanfall multiplayer

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

titanfall xcom would whip also don’t tell me about battlemech

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought they took out the multiplayer component in 2 or something because 1 had campaign process gated behind it and there was a big backlash and then there was a big backlash about it not being there or something along those lines

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

i thought they took out the multiplayer component in 2 or something because 1 had campaign process gated behind it and there was a big backlash and then there was a big backlash about it not being there or something along those lines

You have it backwards I think, TF1 had no singleplayer and the story was all in the multiplayer, in TF2 they had the proper campaign in addition to the multiplayer

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm more excited for the star wars game knowing I'll probably be able to run it based on Apex's performance.

Which Star Wars game is still in development? Honest question, I remember the Visceral one was axed and they killed another couple of months ago.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MMF Freeway posted:

You have it backwards I think, TF1 had no singleplayer and the story was all in the multiplayer, in TF2 they had the proper campaign in addition to the multiplayer

oic

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I'd be 100% in for a Titanfall Tactics

Has Squeenix ever talked about an actual Front Mission after Left Alive or can we consider the franchise dead?

Yeah Titanfall Tactics would be really cool. That's the kind of thing I'm hoping for actually.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Samuringa posted:

Which Star Wars game is still in development? Honest question, I remember the Visceral one was axed and they killed another couple of months ago.

harvest moon moisture farmer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Has Squeenix ever talked about an actual Front Mission after Left Alive or can we consider the franchise dead?

The franchise is dead, and Left Alive isn't the mech game fans were hoping for. :/

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's a mech game out for VR. I should try it..

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Samuringa posted:

Respawn is working on a Jedi game, presumably a take on outcast that will be revealed later this year, and some speculated it was the reason ea bought them. Now we can see it was Apex all along.

I think the title was Jedi fallen order

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 18, 2019

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It'd be badass if Left Alive turned out to be good

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Harrow posted:

Anthem's kind of an odd situation for EA, I guess, which is why I'm not quite ready to assume BioWare's about to be sent to a farm upstate. It's not a single-player game, nor is it a live service game that's already planned to have another sequel in a couple years, or anything like that. It was always going to be a long-term investment for them.

I mean, this is EA we're talking about, so they might not really draw a distinction there, but if there was ever a time I could see them giving a game time to be fixed up before deciding whether or not to pull the plug, it'd be their big live service pseudo-MMO title.

I hope Bioware still has a Dragon Age: Andromeda in them at least. I know people on this forums will say literally any video game is double cancer hitler but I liked Inquisition and I think it was pretty popular. My main gripe with that game was the "everyone is covered in vaseline" art style.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

surely if they made another dragon age game you wouldn't want it to follow in the footsteps of mass effect andromeda

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Inquisition was definitely double cancer

maybe even triple cancer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dai was actually triple cancer, get it straight

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I liked DAI okay outside of the massive amounts of filler.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I enjoyed all three dragon ages but I never want to replay any of them. Same with the Witcher and Divinity.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

surely if they made another dragon age game you wouldn't want it to follow in the footsteps of mass effect andromeda

I want them to make a fourth Dragon Age. It's possible it would be good!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Titanfall XCOM would own

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Samuringa posted:

Harrow posted:

Yeah Titanfall Tactics would be really cool. That's the kind of thing I'm hoping for actually.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Titanfall XCOM would own

https://store.steampowered.com/app/553540/Phantom_Brigade/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm more excited for the star wars game knowing I'll probably be able to run it based on Apex's performance.

If they used source engine again for their big budget starwars game it would be pretty funny.

Im curious what they use. I hope its not frostbyte.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

What weapon should I play as in God Eater 3? The Tira Switch Axe?

Edit: Sorry, what GOD ARC should I play as

Like with monster hunter, whatever you think is coolest. I've been using the heavy moon and it's pretty rad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I played the Daemon x Machina demo yesterday and thought it was p fun but I'm not a mech nerd so idk how it compares to other stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I played the Daemon x Machina demo yesterday and thought it was p fun but I'm not a mech nerd so idk how it compares to other stuff

It plays a lot like the later Armored Cores. Like, almost 1:1, which is cool, because From probably isn't making a new AC ever again.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

In Training posted:

It plays a lot like the later Armored Cores. Like, almost 1:1, which is cool, because From probably isn't making a new AC ever again.

They announced one like a year ago.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cowcaster posted:

andromeda was at least better than inquisition

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

andromeda was at least better than inquisition

That's.. not correct

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

man nurse posted:

That's.. not correct

I seriously have no idea why people on this forum hate Inquisition so much. Probably has something to do with the personalities of the characters.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

I seriously have no idea why people on this forum hate Inquisition so much. Probably has something to do with the personalities of the characters.

I think everyone hates on it because it has a bunch of admittedly pretty filler side quests in its sprawling maps. The most common argument I've seen is that it gives off a single player MMO vibe.

I loved Inquisition though, so what the hell do I know.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I dislike it because it's bad.

At best it reaches the glorious heights of average but wallows in being bad most of the time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there's a certain subsection of people who love all the bioware rpgs not so much for the game part but for the making barbies kiss part and in that respect i think dragon age inquisition was the pinnacle of bioware games for them

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I assume people dislike it because it's largely emblematic of games from beloved but maybe niche genres being pounded into a dull everygame for the most mass appeal. Plus the filler.

It also had multiplayer right? Did anyone try it, was it any good?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

no one tried it and it was bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The multiplayer for Inquisition was super imbalanced. Everything would one shot you, and matchmaking was god awful; 3/4ths of the time there would be some jackass that would never mark themselves as ready so you would have to sit endlessly at the lobby screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Remember how a key feature of Inquisition was a waiting game with times of more than an hour to unlock stuff