Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I miss the rain. My car looks like a giant mobile block of salt and sand with some icicles clinging on to defy all science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Tab8715 posted:

Whatever happened to the "Lets help D&D Debate and Discuss" Thread?

In casual political conversation or just in general I keep getting to what I call the "Equivocation Argument". Essentially, over any topic I will argue for or against something and I'll get back "Well, both Democrats and Republicans suck. They're really just the same!".

Which is obviously not accurate but I'm curious what's the best strategy to cut this down? I feel like if I just get more detailed my audience gets lost.

“The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.”

— Julius Nyerere

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol the local unitarian church scrapped a planned screening of get out in favor of sorry to bother you

Et tu Unitarian chan?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

exmarx posted:

“The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.”

— Julius Nyerere

This is an amazing quote.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol the local unitarian church scrapped a planned screening of get out in favor of sorry to bother you

I mean both are powerful black movies 🤷🏾‍♂️

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

he's some dude. he gets very angry about comic books

dickeye is a lady who gets very angry about comic books, pretty sure

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's sometimes very difficult to keep track of people through namechanges

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

dickeye is a lady who gets very angry about comic books, pretty sure

It's pretty flexible tbh

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While we're being civil, I still feel really bad about my outburst from last october.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That's cool, I still wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like drat I'm glad you feel bad about one instance of you being a shithead call me when you work on the rest of it too

Me, I'll never feel bad, and I'll never apologize

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

"This above all: to thine own self be true"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lmbo I decided to look up what your outburst was because you occupy so little of my brain that I had forgotten about which time you were a prick with a victim complex and it was you wishing I would kill.myself because I told you that you don't get to decide what does and doesn't count as sex work

This is like the third or fourth time I can think of that you've gone off about my existence and weirdly every time everyone yells at you about how wrong you are it's incredible

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

quote:

When you finally off yourself I'm going to host a weekend long party, and pay someone to desecrate your grave. I'll buy an ad in the newspaper to tell everyone what a joyous day it is. I'll donate thousands to charity in thanks to the lord.  

haha sorry guys this one instance of me breaking out of my pass agg she'll to just be an obnoxious shithead was actually just because of my brain worms

And you tried to justify it with someone posted this death threat at me and maybe it was Dickeye but I don't think so like that's remotely in character for me to hide behind a parachute

Bitch rear end. Coward. Weakling. Eat my butt.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 18, 2019

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Another Colorado low coming in, Im tired of snow, make it stop.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I could go for one big snow and then springtime. But instead we'll get mudwinter and in three months start the transition to swamp furnace.

edit: this is in New York, Colorado actually has a decent spring

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hello dickeye did you unionise the comic book store yet

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

V. Illych L. posted:

hello dickeye did you unionise the comic book store yet

In my wildest dreams, comrade

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
We did take in a collection with a comic book history of the Russian revolution and the rise of the Soviet Union tho and one of the guys wanted it and I very quietly reminded them that as the ancom I get first dibs

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
First dibs is not very anarchy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yeah dickeye sounds like a cop

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Volkerball posted:

:ironicat:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drilldo squirt posted:

First dibs is not very anarchy.

Neither is working for someone but I live in a society and not the glorious ancom utopia

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

pangstrom posted:

I could go for one big snow and then springtime. But instead we'll get mudwinter and in three months start the transition to swamp furnace.

edit: this is in New York, Colorado actually has a decent spring

NY weather varies quite a bit depending on where you live. Buffalo gets pretty much the same weather I do on the other side of Lake Ontario. Hell winters, hot humid summers, and spring/fall being way too short.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Volkerball posted:

Big words for the Elliot Abrams Fan Account to post.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

of course he is

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

I know this should shock me, but it doesnt.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lightning Knight posted:

I like how I have no idea if this is true or not but it’s the kind of thing we all want to believe before even seeing it

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

ooh link that poo poo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Oh VB would never admit to such a thing, he’ll just condemn Abrams and Trump and then cheerlead their regime change politics anyway.

but no one would be surprised if he did

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the venezuela thread is real bad

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Neither is working for someone but I live in a society and not the glorious ancom utopia

Such is our sin.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Cease to Hope posted:

the venezuela thread is real bad

Yes, it’s terrible. I mostly only read the reports now. PPJ volunteered to deal with it.

I almost kind of miss Iron Rose. She was honest about being a huge piece of poo poo neoconservative.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Anyway since VB isn’t around to get extremely fuckin’ mad about CSPAM tankies, have a cat.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Anyway since VB isn’t around to get extremely fuckin’ mad about CSPAM tankies, have a cat.

this is some high-quality content

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

We only have one tankie tho

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

We only have one tankie tho

is it me

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh VB would never admit to such a thing, he’ll just condemn Abrams and Trump and then cheerlead their regime change politics anyway.

but no one would be surprised if he did

what a bullshit post

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what a bullshit post

Lmbo gently caress you if you don't think vb supporting interventionism is believable and hell even probable given his garbage ideas in this thread over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what a bullshit post

VB has been supporting the intervention in Venezuela in the thread. I don’t know his particular stance on Abrams but supporting the intervention but condemning Abrams is a nonsense stance.