Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What the hell is a cuddle party? Is that just doing mdma with a bunch of folks and hugging it out?

Well that's a bad snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

lol what a stupid rear end in a top hat

Is this findom????

Whether or not he knows it, yes

ilmucche posted:

What the hell is a cuddle party? Is that just doing mdma with a bunch of folks and hugging it out?

yeah but with that polyamory kind of sex-positivity that makes loving sound like a cult thing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For telling my mother and husband to gently caress off?

Some background: My husband and I generally have a loving happy relationship. We are compatible and rarely argue. My mother and I have a normal relationship, some minor issues, but nothing serious.

My daughter (26) got out of a terrible long-term relationship and moved back home with us about a year ago. She has been diagnosed with clinical depression. When she moved in, she struggled with even getting out of bed or showering. Since then, she has done a 180. She got a new full time job, she also is back in school full time because a degree will (hopefully) help her move up in her company, she has also been going to therapy once a week. In my opinion, she is doing fantastic and I am incredibly proud of her. My husband knows all of this.

The issue is that she can be a bit of a slob. She wasn’t like this before, I think she got into the habit of it at some point when she became depressed. This really annoys my husband, but honestly she has so much on her plate that I, admittedly, cut her some slack.

My mother came to visit yesterday and somehow she and my husband got on the topic of my daughters messiness IN FRONT OF my daughter. My husband was venting about this and my mother was agreeing with him. He brought up her cat and how I am the one who has been cleaning the cats litter box. They both started berating my daughter, saying she was too old for that and asking her why she was keeping the cat if she can’t take care of it.

My mother went outside to smoke a cigarette and my daughter (who was now crying) told her dad that he hurt her feelings. My husband did not apologize. I went over to my daughter to console her because at this point she was sobbing. She kept quietly repeating to me “I’m a piece of poo poo. Everyone thinks I’m a piece of poo poo.” I’m telling her that is NOT true when my mother comes in.

And the pair of them keep going on about it! This is when I lost my temper. I yelled at both of them. I told them to either be respectful toward my daughter or gently caress off and that they could have dinner by themselves.

I then took my daughter to get some food and calm down.

I have never spoken to either of them like this. Neither of them have spoken to me since yesterday and I haven’t put forth the effort to speak to them either. I do feel bad for losing my temper, but I am also scared for my daughters mental health and I do not want her to go backwards because dad and my mother make her feel bad about herself.

AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA? Terrified and chased charity workers

Allow me to open with a little disclaimer here; I am totally the arsehole in this story, but was it my fault?

At the time this happened I had just moved to a lovely little flat in Mississauga, right on Lakeview.

One morning (I think it was a Sunday) there was a knock at the door, a little bemused as I wasn't expecting anyone I opened the door to find two young, attractive people there in smart clothes. Both blonde and blue eyed (this will be relevant later)

SG, Smart guy, SW, Smart Woman, SEG, Stupid English Guy (me).

SG, Good morning sir, we were wondering if we could talk to you for a moment

I naturally assume that a bible is about to be involved and start to give the standard response of

Me, yeah, I have all the god I need right now ...

SW, Oh, don't worry, we're not here about that

SG, No no, we're collecting for the National Front and ...

I looked at these two and I. Saw. RED.

See, in the Uk the National front are a collection of incredibly violent Neo-Nazis who generally travel around in gangs breaking things and attacking anyone who isn't their (very limited) version of pure.

I chased these two out of the building Effing and Blinding at them. How dare these racists pricks come to my home and ask for money!!!

That evening I was telling my friends about what had happened over a beer expecting them to be as outraged as I was.

They stared at me like I had shot a puppy and this is when I learned that they were in fact collecting for the National CHILDREN'S Front, which was just usually shortened to National Front.

I was mortified and went down to their offices the next day to apologise (and make a guilt donation) and explained what had happened to the manager.

She was actually really cool about it all and was glad I had gone down because she couldn't figure out why two of her Door Knockers had been chased out of a building for being "filthy racist anti-semetic effing scum"

TLDR: I accused two charity workers of being racists because of a cultural overlap

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For telling my mother and husband to gently caress off?

Some background: My husband and I generally have a loving happy relationship. We are compatible and rarely argue. My mother and I have a normal relationship, some minor issues, but nothing serious.

My daughter (26) got out of a terrible long-term relationship and moved back home with us about a year ago. She has been diagnosed with clinical depression. When she moved in, she struggled with even getting out of bed or showering. Since then, she has done a 180. She got a new full time job, she also is back in school full time because a degree will (hopefully) help her move up in her company, she has also been going to therapy once a week. In my opinion, she is doing fantastic and I am incredibly proud of her. My husband knows all of this.

The issue is that she can be a bit of a slob. She wasn’t like this before, I think she got into the habit of it at some point when she became depressed. This really annoys my husband, but honestly she has so much on her plate that I, admittedly, cut her some slack.

My mother came to visit yesterday and somehow she and my husband got on the topic of my daughters messiness IN FRONT OF my daughter. My husband was venting about this and my mother was agreeing with him. He brought up her cat and how I am the one who has been cleaning the cats litter box. They both started berating my daughter, saying she was too old for that and asking her why she was keeping the cat if she can’t take care of it.

My mother went outside to smoke a cigarette and my daughter (who was now crying) told her dad that he hurt her feelings. My husband did not apologize. I went over to my daughter to console her because at this point she was sobbing. She kept quietly repeating to me “I’m a piece of poo poo. Everyone thinks I’m a piece of poo poo.” I’m telling her that is NOT true when my mother comes in.

And the pair of them keep going on about it! This is when I lost my temper. I yelled at both of them. I told them to either be respectful toward my daughter or gently caress off and that they could have dinner by themselves.

I then took my daughter to get some food and calm down.

I have never spoken to either of them like this. Neither of them have spoken to me since yesterday and I haven’t put forth the effort to speak to them either. I do feel bad for losing my temper, but I am also scared for my daughters mental health and I do not want her to go backwards because dad and my mother make her feel bad about herself.

AITA?

You are the rear end in a top hat for enabling your daughter

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for Objecting to "Female Employee Only" Parking Spaces at My Workplace?

So theres not too much to say, I guess I'm more curious in others opinions on this. I am an approx 22.5 year old man, I recently snagged a really really good job. I work as a corporate level administrator in the trucking industry. It's been a pretty sweet gig so far and have no complaints as of yet (2 months in). I would also like to preface the following with saying that I work with a very diverse staff of coworkers who are all as professional as they can be, rarely is it that someone cant pull their own weight.

About a week ago I was walking through the parking lot to my car after the end of the day, and I was looking at the sunset through the chain link fence. As my eyes darted around i happened to notice a pink metal plate bolted onto the fence, I thought to myself "woah, what's that and how did i not notice it before?" So i started reading it and I was immediately greeted with slight disappointment. Basically, it read as follows "FEMALE EMPLOYEE PARKING SPACE ONLY!" with a large symbol in the middle of the sign which is also seen on women's public bathrooms.

Now, let me clarify I am not "Irate" or "fuming" about it, but I dont really buy into the whole chivalry, white knighting culture that the men of previous generations upheld fedora intensifies. I even asked my fiance when I got home, just to get a female insight on it. She said she thought it was stupid. I guess I'm just coming from the territory of you can show that your a diverse company dedicated to equality, without making tedious or unimportant decisions like special parking. Just my two cents on it though.

lol

I'm not sure if this is real, but it is pitch-perfect.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He really hosed up but I would totally be cool with this guy living in my building.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

waah posted:

So lets do the math here with a few assumptions:

Boob surgery: $7.5k per boob (assumption for high end boob job/complications)
Furniture: $2k (assumption, she's probably not getting cheap furniture this is probably low)
Rent/Utilities: $15k (assume roughly $1k/month and 1st/Last and a year of living rent free in new apartment)

GFE rate plus tip: $1k (based on what the current rate went up, she knows what she can get)
GFE "visits": 20 (assuming 2x per month, minus surgery/recovery/personal times)

GFE costs: Likely $20k

This dude has spent upwards of $50k on a sex worker in less than 2 years.

Which tech company does he work for?
He's definitely a techbro. Also, he's in "one of the largest urban centers on the West Coast" so $1K is really low for a month's rent even in a shitbox studio in a sketchy part of town in Seattle/San Francisco/San Diego.

lolling at knifecrime island's anti-racist crusader

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Doc Hawkins posted:

lol

I'm not sure if this is real, but it is pitch-perfect.

and with a glance through the fence, it was done; so began Stable Genius Dan's slow but inevitable slide into the alt-right

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Allow me to open with a little disclaimer here; I am totally the arsehole in this story, but was it my fault?

At the time this happened I had just moved to a lovely little flat in Mississauga, right on Lakeview.

One morning (I think it was a Sunday) there was a knock at the door, a little bemused as I wasn't expecting anyone I opened the door to find two young, attractive people there in smart clothes. Both blonde and blue eyed (this will be relevant later)

SG, Smart guy, SW, Smart Woman, SEG, Stupid English Guy (me).

SG, Good morning sir, we were wondering if we could talk to you for a moment

I naturally assume that a bible is about to be involved and start to give the standard response of

Me, yeah, I have all the god I need right now ...

SW, Oh, don't worry, we're not here about that

SG, No no, we're collecting for the National Front and ...

I looked at these two and I. Saw. RED.

See, in the Uk the National front are a collection of incredibly violent Neo-Nazis who generally travel around in gangs breaking things and attacking anyone who isn't their (very limited) version of pure.

I chased these two out of the building Effing and Blinding at them. How dare these racists pricks come to my home and ask for money!!!

That evening I was telling my friends about what had happened over a beer expecting them to be as outraged as I was.

They stared at me like I had shot a puppy and this is when I learned that they were in fact collecting for the National CHILDREN'S Front, which was just usually shortened to National Front.

I was mortified and went down to their offices the next day to apologise (and make a guilt donation) and explained what had happened to the manager.

She was actually really cool about it all and was glad I had gone down because she couldn't figure out why two of her Door Knockers had been chased out of a building for being "filthy racist anti-semetic effing scum"

TLDR: I accused two charity workers of being racists because of a cultural overlap

This is just funny. You might be the rear end in a top hat, but so far you're not AN rear end in a top hat based on just this.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

cumshitter posted:

He really hosed up but I would totally be cool with this guy living in my building.

His question is ridiculous though. "Is it really my fault for instantly flying entirely off the handle when I heard the wrong words?!"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Doc Hawkins posted:

His question is ridiculous though. "Is it really my fault for instantly flying entirely off the handle when I heard the wrong words?!"

it's not his fault British society has engineered the joke setup equivalent of the Ku Klux Kidz Klub

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For telling my co-workers to step on a Lego?

I recently received a promotion at work, a feat not everyone agrees with. A man, let's say Eric, has been less than enthused.

He feels he deserved the promotion even though he does less than anyone else and comes in late nearly every day. He constantly tries to undermine me and refuses to follow orders.

Anyways, I was divvying up tasks yesterday and he just flat out says "Get someone else to do it, bitch."

To which I responded, "Go step on a Lego." I know, it was not a proportionate response. I should have just written him up. He did what I told him to do, but now he wont make eye contact with me. AITA?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Thrifty boyfriend recycled "love" wrapping paper from a past girlfriend's gift and wrapped my VD gift in it. I was mildly annoyed.

Wrapping it in latex would have prevented this.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's not his fault British society has engineered the joke setup equivalent of the Ku Klux Kidz Klub

No, it's just his fault he didn't even say "excuse me?!" or "what the hell are you doing in the US?!" one time before chasing them out of the building.

It's not a high crime, it's just foolishly impulsive. Aim, then fire, you know?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I work as a corporate level administrator in the trucking industry.

What's the bet this place has a history of sexual harassment and this was put in place so woman could quickly get into the building after hours or something.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Girlfriend who received a VD gift should break up with boyfriend for giving it to her

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So theres not too much to say, I guess I'm more curious in others opinions on this. I am an approx 22.5 year old man, I recently snagged a really really good job. I work as a corporate level administrator in the trucking industry. It's been a pretty sweet gig so far and have no complaints as of yet (2 months in). I would also like to preface the following with saying that I work with a very diverse staff of coworkers who are all as professional as they can be, rarely is it that someone cant pull their own weight.

About a week ago I was walking through the parking lot to my car after the end of the day, and I was looking at the sunset through the chain link fence. As my eyes darted around i happened to notice a pink metal plate bolted onto the fence, I thought to myself "woah, what's that and how did i not notice it before?" So i started reading it and I was immediately greeted with slight disappointment. Basically, it read as follows "FEMALE EMPLOYEE PARKING SPACE ONLY!" with a large symbol in the middle of the sign which is also seen on women's public bathrooms.

Now, let me clarify I am not "Irate" or "fuming" about it, but I dont really buy into the whole chivalry, white knighting culture that the men of previous generations upheld fedora intensifies. I even asked my fiance when I got home, just to get a female insight on it. She said she thought it was stupid. I guess I'm just coming from the territory of you can show that your a diverse company dedicated to equality, without making tedious or unimportant decisions like special parking. Just my two cents on it though.

This doesn't sound real. And I hate people saying things are fake. A goddamn pink sign saying a parking space of all things is only for women.

I'm trying to think of why you might even have that. It's EXACTLY ONE parking space just for ladies?? If there's one woman at your company, just put her drat name on it. If there isn't, I still don't know why you have it.

ilmucche posted:

Well that's a bad snipe.

Look up the F Plus episode on it and weep. It's a party that talks a lot about how people are touch starved, so cuddle with strangers! They say a thousand times it's not sexual, but it feels much creepier.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Midnight Voyager posted:

This doesn't sound real. And I hate people saying things are fake. A goddamn pink sign saying a parking space of all things is only for women.

I'm trying to think of why you might even have that. It's EXACTLY ONE parking space just for ladies?? If there's one woman at your company, just put her drat name on it. If there isn't, I still don't know why you have it.

I think you're missing the obvious answer here: it wasn't put up by the company. It's a corporate building, if they wanted to mark it it would probably be via paint on the asphalt. This a pink sign stuck onto the fence. Somebody put it up themselves, either as a joke or to "personalize" a parking space they already had.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Assuming it even happened, I think he just got pissed off at a novelty parking sign. Like "This space reserved for Cubs fans" or "This space for the #1 mom" or something equally stupid.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Someone probably got the sign as a joke gift and it got put up.

e: f;b

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

it's the equivalent of one of those reddit fwds about hearing that one of your kids' classmates was scolded by a teacher for being a white male. who the gently caress knows what happened, if there's actually a good reason for it that the OP is leaving out, if any of it even happened at all, they briefly glimpsed a thing that sounded like it could possibly be PC CULTURE GONE WILD and they're maaaad, like and share

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I've seen "pregnant woman only" parking signs at both retail and corporate locations (IL, TX, CA, NC, at least, probably other states) but they're not too common. I sort of think this is someone getting outraged at the idea that :females: get any sort of accommodation but realizing that saying "pregnant women shouldn't get closer parking spots" doesn't have the best optics, so this is what he dials the truth to. But I could be totally off.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
He really didn't sound very outraged.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

To be fair if you're angry enough to post about this dumb poo poo on the internet you're decently outraged

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Chomp8645 posted:

When I'm outraged, I tend to give less precision than this for my age: "approx 22.5 year old"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

When I'm outraged, I tend to give less precision than this for my age: "approx 22.5 year old"

22.69420 year old

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

cumshitter posted:

I am way behind on this thread but holy lol the grandparents just giving your kid unfettered access to millions once they turn 18.

I once met a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend who turned 18 and managed to piss away his inheritance renting a four story building in downtown LA with the idea that he would run it as a charity for runaway models. Like, the idea was that he would create a safe space for beautiful women to come and presumably bone him. They had a 24/7 security service and, as you probably guessed, it was an immense failure that went under after several months because they were paying $10's of thousands of dollars to rent out an empty building.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but it happened. I visited the building and spent a night drinking there. I think after a certain point people just started moving in and living there because what kind of moron sets up the world's least needed charity and actually keeps tabs on what's going on in their building?

Was this your friend of a friend?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AZ/NV just found out my wife was married as a ‘joke’ in Vegas in 1997

quote:

I never thought I’d be posting here but I need some help on where to go from here. My wife and I are about to celebrate our 15th anniversary in a few weeks. Long ago when we first got together she told me she married one of her gay guy co-workers in Vegas as a joke when she was a teen. Honestly, I thought she was full of it and that it probably wasn’t anything legal anyway.

Well, now I read another post on LA about a guy who might have gotten married to a stranger in Vegas. Someone on his post added a link to the Clark County marriage record search. I put her name in and holy poo poo if a certificate didn’t pop up. She is sitting next to me ready to puke. She didn’t think it was a legal marriage either.

So now what? She didn’t even really know the guy. Has no idea what happened to him. She is frantically searching Google and Facebook for him with no luck.

So I guess our marriage is invalid? We have two kids! What does this mean. Were they adopted fraudulently because our marriage certificate is invalid? I will get an attorney tomorrow but would like to know what to expect.

* What if we can’t find this guy?
* What if we do?
* How much poo poo are we in for: filing taxes together, getting our names changed, adopting our kids under the pretense that we were married?
* Best case scenario- quickie paper divorce, right? And then what, do we have to get remarried?

To clarify: we live in AZ, marriage happened in 1997 in NV

Thanks in advance!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If they haven't caught you yet just ignore it and hope for the best.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

girls joke-marrying their gay friends in vegas is apparently common because I know a dude and a girl who did it too.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m fascinated by even the thought process that a Las Vegas marriage wouldn’t count. I thought the whole point was that’s where you could get a cheap legally binding marriage.

MasBrillante fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 20, 2019

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

MasBrillante posted:

I’m fascinated by even the thought proves that a Las Vegas marriage wouldn’t count. I thought the whole point was that’s where you could get a cheap legally binding marriage.

Someone took "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" a little too seriously.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So this one is interesting. On the face of it it sounds like total bullshit but as someone else pointed out it sounds like there might be a history with the women who work there having issues while they walked to their car and this seemed like the most logical step to take.

Also it’s a trucking company and we all know how professional truckers are....

Dumb? Probably. It’s probably was the easiest way to safe guard the women who worked there.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MasBrillante posted:

I’m fascinated by even the thought proves that a Las Vegas marriage wouldn’t count. I thought the whole point was that’s where you could get a cheap legally binding marriage.
IIRC in most states lack of consummation is sufficient grounds for annulment of the marriage, so they're probably not screwed because she never screwed. Still, probably embarrassing AF to explain why you need to do this.

If the first marriage is annulled, does that mean the second one is valid? Or how does that work?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

So this one is interesting. On the face of it it sounds like total bullshit but as someone else pointed out it sounds like there might be a history with the women who work there having issues while they walked to their car and this seemed like the most logical step to take.

Also it’s a trucking company and we all know how professional truckers are....

Dumb? Probably. It’s probably was the easiest way to safe guard the women who worked there.

last time i saw something about a women only parking place it came with larger spots because "women are not as good at parking".

and unless the parking space is fenced off with a gate and some sort of security i dont see how a "here are all the women" parking spot is gonna help against unwanted attention

datajugend fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 20, 2019

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Admiralty Flag posted:

IIRC in most states lack of consummation is sufficient grounds for annulment of the marriage, so they're probably not screwed because she never screwed. Still, probably embarrassing AF to explain why you need to do this.

If the first marriage is annulled, does that mean the second one is valid? Or how does that work?

They are going to lock her rear end up for polygamy and the other polys are going to be outraged

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

datajugend posted:

last time i saw something about a women only parking place it came with larger spots because "women are not as good at parking".

and unless the parking space is fenced off with a gate and some sort of security i dont see how a "here are all the women" parking spot is gonna help against unwanted attention

Well he said the sign was on a fence so I assumed it was.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Haifisch posted:

AZ/NV just found out my wife was married as a ‘joke’ in Vegas in 1997

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Well he said the sign was on a fence so I assumed it was.

yeah i missed that the first time, was still focused on the "im 22 AND A HALF"