Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Illuminti posted:

"This one is just to hard for me to accept. It would take way too many people to hide it, including supreme court justices."

This is a trait I find particularly annoying when it crops up in conspiracists. The lack of cognitive ability required to take a thought and apply it to something you are not currently thinking about.

That thought is literally the only thought you need to basically disprove all the major conspiracies.

I think a lot of staying power in conspiracy theorists and their clinging to it regardless of evidence is sunk cost fallacy.

"I have devoted so much time and effort and lost personal relationships over this, surely I can't be wrong" keeps a lot of realization out, because realizing you have ruined your life over the last year and a half over loving nothing is a very bitter pill not a lot of people can handle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Q

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Q!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Didn't someone do a study that proved something like "if more than 2000 people know a secret, it's exposed within five years"? I feel like something like that is all you to disprove every conspiracy.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

:siren: Look at the alarm light :siren:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
The mighty, powerful president is nonetheless in mortal danger from numerous tiny and pathetic (but strong) enemies

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I feel like Q has an obvious sell-by date, like I dunno how this persists beyond the end of the Trump presidency in 2024

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

zoux posted:

I feel like Q has an obvious sell-by date, like I dunno how this persists beyond the end of the Trump presidency in 2024

Our savior voluntarily gave up power to continue the war in secret, and later faked his own death to lead the forces of light in secret campaigns down below in the hollow Earth.

The second one could also be: he gave up his life to take the fight into the realm of the dead, leading a host of angels in eternal war. This is why the world hasn’t ended. Every sunrise is proof of victory against the demiurge in a different battle.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

nepetaMisekiryoiki
Jun 13, 2018

人造人間集中する碇
The Qanon follower already recycles many old failed prophecy thing, and beside has much room to say "no this post was the fake Q, this one the real Q". Easy for it to persist as much as it persist now.

That is flipped version of how it always seem like conspiracy believers are dedicated, most who believe are only active a short time. But who bothers to pay attention when someone passively stops believing Q if they don't go to trouble of denouncing their old belief? It is instead real easy to see that site stays somewhat busy, or a few people username keeps showing up.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

zoux posted:

Remember that he's a time traveler.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Donald John (Titor) Trump

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EdithUpwards posted:

Remember that he's a time traveler.

Dear God

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MadJackal posted:

I'm so upset that the greatest political cartoonist of the modern age is also a crazy guy.

I just noticed the belt buckle.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Garrison sucks, not least because he feels the compulsive need to label everything. Like c'mon man, we know it's Hillary and Obama et al.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm Auntie Maxine who has a necklace and not a rope around her neck.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

The Narrator posted:

Garrison sucks, not least because he feels the compulsive need to label everything. Like c'mon man, we know it's Hillary and Obama et al.
But would his intended audience know?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm Auntie Maxine who has a necklace and not a rope around her neck.

had to save the literal noose for McCabe I guess

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

MadJackal posted:

Qulliver's Travels

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

MadJackal posted:

Schiff is pretty funny in this

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

a7m2 posted:

Schiff is pretty funny in this

Look at how he drew Omar, Soros, and especially Rosenstein. This isn't racist as poo poo why exactly?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Look at how he drew Omar, Soros, and especially Rosenstein. This isn't racist as poo poo why exactly?

Noone's saying that Garrison isn't a racist

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

The Narrator posted:

Noone's saying that Garrison isn't a racist

Yeah, I mean in the wider world, not here. Sorry.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Qulliver's Travels

:golfclap:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Do you mean Schumer or am I unable to find Where's Soros?

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

jojoinnit posted:

Bush to the right, it took me a bit too

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

jojoinnit posted:

Lurking in the bushes off to the right like some (((puppet-master))) not willing to get his hands dirty

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Where’s we go one we go Waldo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

It is racist as poo poo, that's the point.

Garrison gets posted enough around the internet that it's easy to forget the guy doesn't run in the times or something. Everyone knows he's racist as poo poo. The guy is a somewhat prominent cartoonist solely on the basis of being racist as poo poo.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Sex Robot posted:

Where’s we go one we go Waldo

Thread title

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

RPZip posted:

Bush to the right, it took me a bit too

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Lurking in the bushes off to the right like some (((puppet-master))) not willing to get his hands dirty

Ah cheers. I have to say though, while he gave Soros and Schumer hook noses Rosenstein looks like a non-racist charicature to me?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GregStohr/status/1098236663963242496

Gah now she's authoring opinions from beyond the grave

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Donald John (Titor) Trump

Okay, I'll bite: who is John Titor exactly?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

TulliusCicero posted:

Okay, I'll bite: who is John Titor exactly?

Internet time traveler from back in the day. Made a bunch of predictions that are exactly as accurate as decoded q drops.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
John Titor was (will be) a time traveller from 2036 to 2001 — https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alternatively, just play/watch Steins Gate, its whole plot is centered around a distilled version of the John Titor myth.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Mata posted:

John Titor was (will be) a time traveller from 2036 to 2001 — https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

Why didn't he warn us about 9/11?!?!?!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AWarmBody posted:

Because America deserved 9/11 buddy.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

AWarmBody posted:

Because without 9-11, we wouldn't get Trump. :corrupt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

AWarmBody posted:

He was from the rural areas and wanted to inflict suffering on urbanites as part of the massive civil war between the two sides/he didn't want to change history because it might end up making his whole plan pointless.