Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Len posted:

I don't actually know what it is but it was free and by downloading it I made people angry. What is it?

Same. Still not quite sure how to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
It's just an app version of a board game. I have only played the board game once or twice but it was fun so I would have liked to get it on my phone.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

a7m2 posted:

kairosoft games with IAP and ads are always a hard pass

Beastie bay (which I think was their first f2p) had the option to buy no ads for the price of one of their regular games, I remember enjoying that quite a bit. But yeah subsequent ones seem to lean way harder into getting you to buy stuff constantly.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Overminty posted:

Beastie bay (which I think was their first f2p) had the option to buy no ads for the price of one of their regular games, I remember enjoying that quite a bit. But yeah subsequent ones seem to lean way harder into getting you to buy stuff constantly.

This one has it too for I think $7.49 but it's buried in one of the 15 menus.

I also hate the controls on this game and have deleted it.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Are there any Android games with deep randomized loot itemization like Diablo 2/3 or Path of Exile? I look around every once in a while, but don't really seem to find much.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

space marine todd posted:

Are there any Android games with deep randomized loot itemization like Diablo 2/3 or Path of Exile? I look around every once in a while, but don't really seem to find much.

Dungeon Quest should fit this bill. I don't think it really gets updated much but it scratched the loot itch for me for a while.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Len posted:

I don't know anything about it but the game Suburbia is free right now. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suburbiagame.suburbia&hl=en&rdid=com.suburbiagame.suburbia

It's a port of a boardgame and apparently people are angry it's free because "only kickstarter backers are supposed to get it free" even though it's free on a public app store :shrug:

I picked this up when it was free and it seems like a pretty interesting game but having no tutorial whatsoever combined with a zooming/scrolling issue that could force you to restart the game and no updates since like 2017 it seems pretty avoidable even for $free. I guess they might be working on a new version judging by some of the reviews but who knows.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Eternium. There's also the Titan Quest port, but it has some pretty significant control issues which prevented me from enjoying it.

Dungeon Quest is also decent, don't be put off by the cartooniness, it's actually a pretty deep game.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

FlareX is probably the most recent attempt at a Diablo clone, but it does seem like it's more D1 than D2. It is a pretty nice attempt, though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The mobile port of the rhythm game Thumper is out on the Play Store.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

The mobile port of the rhythm game Thumper is out on the Play Store.

What's the game's musical style like?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Reiterpallasch posted:

Percussive and violent. It's a great game but it's not like Rez as far as catchy music goes. Look up some videos on YouTube and you'll quickly get an idea.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Reiterpallasch posted:

loving good

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Anybody know of any big upcoming anticipated freemium games? I have an itch but I don't want to start from scratch with older games such as FF Brave Exvius or PAD. I would like to start at equal level with everybody else.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Although it's older, Final Fantasy Record Keeper's 4th Anniversary is right around the corner, and there's going to be 2 free 40x Draws, each with 2x 6* Relics guaranteed. There's also a Kingdom Hearts Collab going on, where you can get Sora, Riku, Roxas, and Axel, along with the brand new Awakened Soul Breaks for Sora and Riku. Since this collab is happening at the same time in Global and Japan, they actually didn't get the new type of Soul Break before us.

Getting characters is easy as can be, and RNG is pretty good. I stopped playing a few months after the game launched, then came back near the end of June last year. I've spent exactly $2.00 USD on this game, and I have some pretty good gear. It seems to be pretty decent at giving good gear to new/returning players.

If you really want a new gacha game, according to the gacha tag on Android Police, the newest ones are King Crusher, Dragalia Lost, and SMT Liberation D×2. (The Freemium tag's last entry is for Fire Emblem Heroes. Also, this may not be what you want at all. It's just what I think of when I think of freemium, and from what I can tell, freemium has trasnitioned into gacha...)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

10000000 is on sale for $0.99.
Crashlands is on sale for $4.49.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011

ijii posted:

Anybody know of any big upcoming anticipated freemium games? I have an itch but I don't want to start from scratch with older games such as FF Brave Exvius or PAD. I would like to start at equal level with everybody else.

Just came out but you've got a couple days left to hit up the release bonuses for Another Eden, or Totally Not Chrono Trigger. It's entirely single player, so not quite the same as FFBE or PAD but it's pretty good and the gacha isn't necessary. There's also boosted chance for the best healer in the game that's ending soon, but you should have time to take advantage of everything.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Yo, thanks for the Thumper link. I didn't know it was coming to Android - I played the hell out of it on Switch. This game rules, if you're on the fence about it.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Yo, thanks for the Thumper link. I didn't know it was coming to Android - I played the hell out of it on Switch. This game rules, if you're on the fence about it.

How does it translate to mobile phones?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
You could always come play Epic 7, which is a decent gacha with good art and a horrifying grind. I am enjoying it (there's also a goon guild!) https://discord.gg/ZrgjcAE

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Years ago, I remember playing a word puzzle game on my phone that was basically hangman, but every time you guessed a word, it would unlock more nodes on a tree graph. The connected nodes would be words that were related to each other somehow. It's been so long that I can't remember the name of the game.

Does anyone remember what the heck it was called or if it's even available for download anymore? I'm pretty sure it was Android.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Montalvo posted:

How does it translate to mobile phones?

Visually, very well. It makes my phone feel like it's playing a prerendered video, like in a commercial.

Controls-wise, pretty good. My brain is really stuck in the switch's controls so it's taking me a bit to adjust, but it's not the game's fault. You can choose to swipe or tilt to control your lane. Swipe and hold to grind left or right. Probably as good as it could be with a touch screen.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

ijii posted:

Langrisser's like a month old, so it's probably not too hard to catch up. Game owns too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mogomra posted:

Years ago, I remember playing a word puzzle game on my phone that was basically hangman, but every time you guessed a word, it would unlock more nodes on a tree graph. The connected nodes would be words that were related to each other somehow. It's been so long that I can't remember the name of the game.

Does anyone remember what the heck it was called or if it's even available for download anymore? I'm pretty sure it was Android.

I don't have an answer for you, but (genuinely asking) can't you go through your apps on the Play store and find it there? I realize there are probably hundreds to go through but unless you removed it from your account history, it should be there.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Mogomra posted:

I vaguely remember something like that, can't remember what it was called.

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

Maybe iAssociate?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Shadowhand00 posted:

You could always come play Epic 7, which is a decent gacha with good art and a horrifying grind. I am enjoying it (there's also a goon guild!) https://discord.gg/ZrgjcAE

Yeah, it's probably the best pokemon-like team building gacha on the market these days if that's the kind of thing you're into.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Finally, I am free.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Stardew Valley is out for Android on March 14th:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1100439231732674561

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Whelp, there goes my free time. Gotta play it on a 3rd system now.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Anyone playing Alliance vs Empire?

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Sulphagnist posted:

Finally, I am free.

I gotta ask, how long did it take?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So I picked up Rebel Inc.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

edgy bro

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It all worked out in the end and MAGA got wrecked by insurgents.

I think I preferred Plague Inc because destroying the world with Party Rock felt better than stabilizing the middle east with Party Rock

Also these events are very limited. I've seen that exact one in all my games so far.

Len fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 27, 2019

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

BrianRx posted:

I gotta ask, how long did it take?

I tried to find out but the game doesn't seem to store this info. My best guess is two years. I would have periods where I wouldn't touch it for weeks, but usually I would check in daily. Just to give an idea I've got 33 golden eggs from contracts so I've been doing a fair amount of those. I think I cracked the piggy three times all in all, and I got the silo licence.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What are some good sims/management games in the same vein as Motorsport Manager 3 (besides Kairosoft)?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I've been having a hankering for Baldur's Gate lately. The Beamdog remasters pretty much all require you to have an actual tablet because of the UI, right? Or would the experience be OK on a larger phone (like a Note 9)?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

kingdom rush vengeance got an update with a set of new levels. Also another paid hero and another paid tower. Looks like they're continuing to do much the same as with previous games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Drone posted:

I've been having a hankering for Baldur's Gate lately. The Beamdog remasters pretty much all require you to have an actual tablet because of the UI, right? Or would the experience be OK on a larger phone (like a Note 9)?

Regular Galaxy phones are a little small, a phablet might work.