Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Remember Revenge? Remember when that was mandatory in May of 2012?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I think I am done for this season I can't beat Gr106 because my damage is too low and I kinda can't be arsed farming for more perfect parts.
Or is 106 already in fishing territory where I need to fish for the perfect high density rift for my bell monk?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's definitely a point at which you should have some +500 augments and all ancient or very well-rolled normal gear to advance. Some rift fishing may be required but a bell monk should still be able to brute force most comps at that level.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
A 106 means you need to fish more the worse your skill is at clearing high level GRs specifically.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tahirovic posted:

I think I am done for this season I can't beat Gr106 because my damage is too low and I kinda can't be arsed farming for more perfect parts.
Or is 106 already in fishing territory where I need to fish for the perfect high density rift for my bell monk?
Paragon levels are an easy way to get a lot of power. Going from paragon 1k -> 2k is 5000 main stat.

But yeah, "I can't be bothered to play the game" means it's time to call it quits.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 19, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The twitch port is very very good.

Switch. Whatever

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone link me to that sheet with the seasonal set rotation? I want to see what I'm playing next season

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone link me to that sheet with the seasonal set rotation? I want to see what I'm playing next season

Seasonal Set Rotation

Next season is: Leapquake, Invoker, Sunwuko, Shadow, Inarius, JH, Firebird. Basically can't go wrong.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Firebird is in fact, really awful to play.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Leveling a DH sucks but starting with shadow is :fap:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Barb is too fun but I might have to try monk again. Sure as poo poo not playing wiz again until tals set comes back around.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Not sure whether to go demon hunter or witch doctor next season. I went wiz this season and channelling meteor is great but building off the haedrig gift set is a needless pain in the arse.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

bamhand posted:

Firebird is in fact, really awful to play.

am i incorrect that 3 of the 4 wizard sets are (effectively) gonna have you channeling all the time?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah that's right. The reason FB in particular is bad is because your defensive buff relies on enemies being on fire and alive. So you're just going to constantly get 1 shot by things because stuff dies too fast before GR 70 or whatever (I made up that number).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rinkles posted:

am i incorrect that 3 of the 4 wizard sets are (effectively) gonna have you channeling all the time?

More like 4/4 baby!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

More like 4/4 baby!

i must've been using dmo wrong.

channeling lasers is cool. i'd just like some more variety.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DMO you can also use Orb but there is a very strong channeling build for twisters.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Invoker you say...

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lmao some guy in a pub bounty game triggered a bandit shrine without telling anyone and tried to blame it on someone else.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I have accidentally done that before. Twice. In the same game. I felt so bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In the grand scheme of things those goblin packs are not that special. Just killing all of them at once is a lot of fun.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah they only matter if they pop a vault, in which case it doesn't matter if anyone is there for it, or if someone needs the pet goblin, in whoch case that kind of sucks but owell.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

big cummers ONLY posted:

I have accidentally done that before. Twice. In the same game. I felt so bad.

Oh I've done it too, but I didn't know what it was and I apologized profusely afterwards and used a puzzle ring to open a vault for everyone rather than trying to blame someone who was in a different act? lol

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Snacksmaniac posted:

Invoker you say...

Don't do it. You just ride your horse from elite to elite because you can't kill huge groups of trash mobs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Started the campaign with my son on the couch using a twitch. It’s pretty good coop.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Star Man posted:

Don't do it. You just ride your horse from elite to elite because you can't kill huge groups of trash mobs.

Alternatively: do it. You just ride your horse between exploding groups of elites.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

Alternatively: do it. You just ride your horse between exploding groups of elites.

I have invoker built right now I love it for all those reasons.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

DMO you can also use Orb but there is a very strong channeling build for twisters.

Don't do Twister on console. Orb is way less frustrating. DMO is frustrating enough as it is on a console version as you can only spawn time bubbles either on yourself directly, or on a targeted enemy. Energy Twister's already unwieldy movement nature makes the Raging Storm rune on just about every dmo twister build out there rather tricky to reliably exploit, and the console's target methodology makes it a headache and a crapshoot to combine tornadoes. Frozen Orb is far more reliable/less stressful.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Pack it up, boys. I beat the game.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wtf I've been playing this game for years and I didn't know bandit shrines existed until now

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I've gotten roughly 2 every season.

They don't show up in rifts, iirc.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

5er posted:

Don't do Twister on console. Orb is way less frustrating. DMO is frustrating enough as it is on a console version as you can only spawn time bubbles either on yourself directly, or on a targeted enemy. Energy Twister's already unwieldy movement nature makes the Raging Storm rune on just about every dmo twister build out there rather tricky to reliably exploit, and the console's target methodology makes it a headache and a crapshoot to combine tornadoes. Frozen Orb is far more reliable/less stressful.

While targeting sucks on console, twister is so broken it doesn't really matter. It's more a game of staying alive and throwing twisters. I put together a tal FO for rifts and GRs to get gear and gems until I had enough DMO pieces and I easily jumped from g70s to g90+ with lousy gear.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Rinkles posted:

I've gotten roughly 2 every season.

They don't show up in rifts, iirc.

I've only seen them in Bounties I think.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I'm kind of stuck around GR106 as a N6M4 DH. Should I just be grinding CD up to LVL 100 for all my gear at this point or gambling for primals? Every piece of my gear is ancient or better and a couple pieces could maybe do for better rolls but nothing significant I think.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I got the urge to play again after a few years and booted it up on my 2015 MacBook. It used to run smooth as butter and now I’m getting like 5FPS. I know this was never a gaming computer but I was still a little bummed. I wonder why the performance got so much worse over time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was in a Solo NRift, and found a pack of about 20 Goblins just sitting there, no shrine, waiting to be killed. So, I did the needful. :black101:

Also, a Condemn Crusader, with all 4 skills on Auto, is pretty friggin' easy. poo poo just explodes as you walk by.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

dantheman650 posted:

I got the urge to play again after a few years and booted it up on my 2015 MacBook. It used to run smooth as butter and now I’m getting like 5FPS. I know this was never a gaming computer but I was still a little bummed. I wonder why the performance got so much worse over time.

I noticed a huge performance drop across the board a few updates ago on my 2015 mbp for what it's worth. It chugs on a ton of poo poo. There's a known gpu fault with a ton of machines from that generation and I think that might be part of it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kheldarn posted:

I was in a Solo NRift, and found a pack of about 20 Goblins just sitting there, no shrine, waiting to be killed. So, I did the needful. :black101:

Also, a Condemn Crusader, with all 4 skills on Auto, is pretty friggin' easy. poo poo just explodes as you walk by.

Random goblin packs in nrifts are always so satisfying :allears:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i only seem to run into them in T6 rifts when I'm powerleveling people out of bordem :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Goblin packs are a normal rift thing while Bandit Shrines are bounty (open world) exclusives.

They are mostly great if you get good blue goblins from them anyway. And I am not sure if shrines can contain Rainbow gobs.