Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Warmachine posted:

I disagree.

Man I can't even imagine what that'd look like. The best I can imagine is some Saturday morning cartoon-style Newtype-lab-raid-of-the-week with weaponized-newtype-of-the-week as the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kanos posted:

This would literally be Bright sitting in a room talking to people with a bunch of jump cuts to flashback sequences, so the production values could be super low and involve a lot of recycling old footage.
Which means they could fart it out in a week with almost no effort, but still manage to milk the time periods for more revenue. A win-win for Sunrise.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

also somebody tell me what was in the HF teaser. i had too much cherry coke so i had to go to potty when the credits rolled, and forgot to go back in!!

Hathaway sits on a beach. There were some white words on a black screen. That's pretty much it.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Midjack posted:

Hathaway sits on a beach. There were some white words on a black screen. That's pretty much it.

You forgot the 3DCG Penelope Gundam.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Vord posted:

I too wooted and had way to much cherry coke. Ice is for suckers.
i've never felt more affinity for a filthy lurker

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Argas posted:

And the base jabber sliding across the screen like an Adobe after effect.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Argas posted:

Yeah, something about the animation of the trailer just rubs me wrong. I am looking forward to seeing Hathaway get owned though. CCA punched his ticket for me, and he should have died to some stray beam. The Gundam failson.

Argas posted:

Man I can't even imagine what that'd look like. The best I can imagine is some Saturday morning cartoon-style Newtype-lab-raid-of-the-week with weaponized-newtype-of-the-week as the fight.

Honestly it's big enough to warrant talking about, but you could take care of it in the span of a movie. The runtime is devoted to showing them going after some Feddy/Zeon/Anaheim bigshot who beg/borrow/stole the files on Newtypes, built a new psycho machine, and stuffed a Cyber Newtype Mk 2 in it. The heroes put together a crack team, there's a big fight, and maybe Liuo & Co chimes in to help them keep an eye on things going forward. Roll credits, show a stinger of a news report talking about a mysterious accident claiming the life of someone who started sniffing around for Newtype research some ten years later.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

i've never felt more affinity for a filthy lurker

I'd post more but usually by the time I catch up with a thread someone's said or asked whatever was on my mind more eloquently then I could have.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vord posted:

I'd post more but usually by the time I catch up with a thread someone's said or asked whatever was on my mind more eloquently then I could have.

Sounds like the work of an enemy newtype.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol forgot to mention that the last gundam movie i was in a theater was A Wakening of a Trailblazer with the adtrw/gattai crew at NYCC 2009 and oh boy was NT better than that!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Airspace posted:

My personal theory is that they'll eventually reach the point F91 happens and they'll pave right over it with more Zeon stuff.

They wouldn't have bothered to include F91 in the "UC Next 100" chart announcing NT, Hathaway's Flash and Unicorn 2 if they were going to do that.

Just like they're unlikely to bring Amuro back after confirming he died, since there's no point in including a detail like that, with no external pressure to do so, if they planned on using him in future. Unicorn and it's sequels are profitable they have no need to do so anyway, by my understanding.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
Got a link to this chart?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

Vord fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 20, 2019

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Shouldn't stardust be a little behind the start of Z gundam. It ends in the formal creation of the Titans.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

AradoBalanga posted:

Which means they could fart it out in a week with almost no effort, but still manage to milk the time periods for more revenue. A win-win for Sunrise.

Yeah, the only real problem is that there's no real new model kit for them to hawk from it.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Shouldn't stardust be a little behind the start of Z gundam. It ends in the formal creation of the Titans.

It is. Note where the blue line coming from it goes on the timeline compared to Zeta. Which also makes me thing there is nothing planned for f91 considering it also has a blue line and everything in the red highlighted portion that represents a new work has a red line. Though I could be reading to much in to it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

It gets pretty absurd in the last few episodes. She's not even allowed to kill random grunts solo.

Hayato got more respect. Hell, I've seen random GM pilots give performances that but the whole team to shame. Everyone in 08th is so slow in combat.

I will say, in the positives, I did like Kojima, the officer in charge for most of the show. Dude had his head on straight. Someone whose response to Shiro is "I'm going to court martial that stupid gently caress." is someone whose survival is a net good for the Federation, even if his "we're both the same" was kinda obnoxious. (Not that I entirely blame him when Ryer was suggesting using soldiers as unwitting human bombs.)

For once, it seems like the Federation brass's tendency to die in droves actually left things better than before.

(And yes. The last episode definitely does suck.)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Saw NT last night. Wasn’t super into it, wasn’t feeling the main characters. To be fair I’m less into the cat drugs parts of Gundam and more into the gritty space war elements. I was getting into the bad guy forwards the end and I wish we had more of him in the Neo Zeong, honestly.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

NT didn't have a parent/authority figure you were supposed to be mad at.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly I would have rather watched a 2 hour docudrama about all the design meetings and presentations for the Neo Zeong 2.0

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I don’t think any of the complaints about NT are unreasonable, but I have to say it was a lot of fun to see Gundam on a big screen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

I don’t think any of the complaints about NT are unreasonable, but I have to say it was a lot of fun to see Gundam on a big screen.

That was a nice treat.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm not a fan of dubs but this wasn't a bad dub and it looked good which was also neat.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Honestly I would have rather watched a 2 hour docudrama about all the design meetings and presentations for the Neo Zeong 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Okay yes this exactly. But with giant robots.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The more I think about it, the more I like Michelle's story. She's got two families and feels like she betrayed both so she thinks that catching the Phenex will let her make it up to both of them at the same time. That works really well as the driving impetus of the story
It's really frustrating that the movie didn't have any scenes setting up her relationship with the Luios, just like one scene where she meets and talks to her sister and her gay manservant would've drastically improved the movie.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
How about a series on the life and times of a plant worker at anaheim, ala Gundam Developers.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ka0 posted:

How about a series on the life and times of a plant worker at anaheim, ala Gundam Developers.

Can we have regular guest appearances from the Federation Survey Service?

I hear they've got some pretty good test pilots.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Actually, his name is Mufti Nabiyu Erin.

He owns as a terrorist.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

net work error posted:

I'm not a fan of dubs but this wasn't a bad dub and it looked good which was also neat.

Have there really been bad dubs of Gundam though? Except for the dubs of the 0079 movie trilogy holy poo poo. Gundam "came of age" in the United States just as anime was hitting the mainstream, so I can't really remember anything that had obnoxiously bad English dubbing. This might all be nostalgia though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A movie/series about Anaheim would only be worth it if it's about the company finally imploding on itself. I wanna see those bastards fall

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shinjobi posted:

A movie/series about Anaheim would only be worth it if it's about the company finally imploding on itself. I wanna see those bastards fall

The Smartest Guys In The Room but with robot fights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6duQhWuVk

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Warmachine posted:

Have there really been bad dubs of Gundam though? Except for the dubs of the 0079 movie trilogy holy poo poo. Gundam "came of age" in the United States just as anime was hitting the mainstream, so I can't really remember anything that had obnoxiously bad English dubbing. This might all be nostalgia though.

Some of them have janky moments that were probably mandated by need to fit flaps, but I can't recall any that were unwatchable or anything.

Even the bad moments are balanced out by the amazing ones.

Plus, you know, Mark Oliver as Rau Le Creuset:

https://youtu.be/0Awfq95GSSo

I never get tired of that performance, even after I decided I didn't like SEED anymore.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Some of them have janky moments that were probably mandated by need to fit flaps, but I can't recall any that were unwatchable or anything.

I never get tired of that performance, even after I decided I didn't like SEED anymore.

Agreed on Mark Oliver. I love watching people eat scenery like they're at the Golden Corral. And boy howdy Rau has his feasting pants on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Would you expect anything else from Makaan the Sajuukhar?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

English Rau and General Septum is my powercouple.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Would you expect anything else from Makaan the Sajuukhar?

I never made the connection, shamefully.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Dub Rau dramatically improved the otherwise incredibly doofy episode where Rau gives Kira an extended tour of his own backstory.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Warmachine posted:

I never made the connection, shamefully.

Well I hope you recognized Campbell Lane in Gundam Wing.

The new dubs for Gundam have been really good, but part of me misses the Ocean/Blue Water dubs. Having Scott McNeil scream in your show is never a bad thing.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 21, 2019

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Warmachine posted:

When I watched CCA for the first time I was a dub boi coming off of Gundam wing and Evangelion, and Quess' VA was irritating enough for me to really get comfortable watching it and other things subbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ka0 posted:

They actually already made it into a manga, Anaheim Record.