Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Choyi posted:

Only do this if you dislike fun and wants anyone who ends up in same ADR que as you to be bored out of their minds running LotA for the millionth time(which often isn't any faster due to trolling/afking/stupidity). Its a real dumb exploit.

Dunno, Dumb Scaith feels like a huge drag with a lot of mechanics that are easy for people to gently caress up. Weeping City is a tossup, Void Ark is usually pretty simple. On the other hand LotA is boring but you can sleep walk through it, Tower is almost always easy, WoD is a bit of a tossup but usually goes smooth.

That said, they should probably fix it because it defeats the point of the roulette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Good luck trying to "fix" item level based lockouts without hilarious side effects in this game where you can't move items between inventories if your queue has popped. Does vendor gear in your bags count? What about stuff you have on the market board? Or does it have to be bound? What if the gear is in your glamour chest or the chocobo bag? What if you put your best gear on your retainer?

Choyi posted:

Only do this if you dislike fun and wants anyone who ends up in same ADR que as you to be bored out of their minds running LotA for the millionth time(which often isn't any faster due to trolling/afking/stupidity). Its a real dumb exploit.
It certainly is fun to spend 30+ minutes wiping to the easiest stuff because of a few of the 23 other people you have zero control over in roulette. At least randos can finish Circus Tower in twenty minutes or less without repeat wipes to bosses they haven't seen in a year. And yeah LotA is definitely faster most of the time even if it's a run that needs to do Atomos twice because the game's "teleport to boss" feature is bad for that fight. Wiping City takes ages unless it's a very good group (so never) and Dun Scaith takes forever even if your group only wipes to Deathgaze Hollow once. If I want to risk a 45 minute run I'll queue in level 70 gear, at least the gear I won't win will be good!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Cheese every roulette every time, imo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Cheese every roulette every time, imo.

:hai:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rainuwastaken posted:

Instead of trying to sneak through the Wall of a Million Elephant Men, take the passage to the east a little bit south of them. You have to walk past the sound-sensor wood golems and bees either way and the eastern path has a dragon, but after that it's just a couple of treants (easy to sneak past) and a straight shot to Penny's little moth-infested pathway (also easy to sneak through).

The elephants aren't too bad to sneak past, though.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Last ADR I did we went into Syrcus Tower, and we actually wiped to Xande. 80% of the alliance died to ancient quaga. Usually a few people dead isn't a big deal but this...

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I haven't played in nearly two years. Logging in, I have no idea what is going on, or what all of the crafting poo poo in my inventory does. I did a dungeon, and apparently cleric stance isn't a toggle anymore. I also had a bunch of abilities on my bar which are apparently no longer things.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/13664634

If I stick with it, I assume the best strategy is mostly to focus on leveling jobs to 70 to be prepped for the next expansion? I have 12 million gil, but I have no idea how far that goes anymore, what with time and expansions.

I put in an application for TPT, which is the FC I used to be in. Are they still a thing? I noticed the house had moved. I spawned outside of the old house location, which looked like it was something else.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 20, 2019

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheShadowAvatar posted:

What's the level 68 MCH quest name??

Snouts Down,Tail's Up

Thanks Koji

The final Vanu quest, where two rival factions of birds dance fight, is called Nest Side Story

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Filthy Monkey posted:

I haven't played in nearly two years. Logging in, I have no idea what is going on, or what all of the crafting poo poo in my inventory does. I did a dungeon, and apparently cleric stance isn't a toggle anymore. I also had a bunch of abilities on my bar which are apparently no longer things.

Cleric Stance is dead and the world is a far, far better place for it. They essentially just gave you all the upsides all the time with none of the downsides, as all of your damage spells on a healer job scale with Mind.

12 million gil is a whole bunch and will last you until the end of time if you're just spending it on teleports, repairs, and that sorta stuff. You'll only really burn gil on silly important things like housing and dressup.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

If I stick with it, I assume the best strategy is mostly to focus on leveling jobs to 70 to be prepped for the next expansion? I have 12 million gil, but I have no idea how far that goes anymore, what with time and expansions.

I put in an application for TPT, which is the FC I used to be in. Are they still a thing? I noticed the house had moved. I spawned outside of the old house location, which looked like it was something else.

Yeah, they changed it so you do damage without worrying about cleric stance. 12 Million gil is exactly 12 times the minimum amount you want to hold on to & is more than enough for anything other than buying and decorating a medium+ size house. If you're sticking around, get a class to 70, then do whatever looks fun. I would focus on getting an average ilevel that'll let you do the expert roulette, then figure out your goals from there.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Control Volume posted:

The final Vanu quest, where two rival factions of birds dance fight, is called Nest Side Story

Brought to you by the same people who thought the description text for the Moenbryda minion was totally okay and not at all creepy.

Wind-up Moenbryda posted:

This anatomically accurate representation of Moenbryda was secretly crafted by none other than Urianger immediately following the untimely passing of his beloved companion. What he did with it before it passed to your hands is a tale best left untold.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Filthy Monkey posted:

TPT moved to a mansion in Japan

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

Cleric Stance is dead and the world is a far, far better place for it.

wrong

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Brought to you by the same people who thought the description text for the Moenbryda minion was totally okay and not at all creepy.

Urianger has a collection of wind-up Scion minions he plays pretend with during his days hanging out at the Waking Sands. He makes them all say "Oh Urianger you're the best and smartest Scion and we all love the fancy way you talk! You're so much cooler than the Warrior of Light!"

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

koji fox looooves this joke tbh similar implications show up on multiple of the wind-up [female character] minions

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

DizzyBum posted:

"Oh Urianger you're the best and smartest Scion and we all love the fancy way you talk! You're so much cooler than the Warrior of Light!"

This but unironically. I wish he actually got to do things.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i have high hopes for the new sexy urianger in shadowbringers

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Welp, just scraped by against Mist Dragon with a pair of DPS who just wouldn't stop dying and then got berated by the tank for not raising them after a certain point. I guess MP and cast times just don't exist!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DizzyBum posted:

Urianger has a collection of wind-up Scion minions he plays pretend with during his days hanging out at the Waking Sands. He makes them all say "Oh Urianger you're the best and smartest Scion and we all love the fancy way you talk! You're so much cooler than the Warrior of Light!"

Now I want for Urianger to be voiced by Rick Moranis.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Thundarr posted:

Now I want for Urianger to be voiced by Rick Moranis.

Honey, I Shrunk the WoL!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you’d think that thancred would be the one who’d get horny on main, but shockingly doesn’t.

it’s actually urianger that’s sliding into everyone’s DMs/linkpearls

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I assume some people here have cleared UWU? My static's starting to attempt it this week, I was wondering if anyone had any particularly good guides/videos to recommend, or any helpful tips or anything.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the cleric stance defender has logged on

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Cleric Stance was good and I wouldn't mind if it was kept as long as it had a few QOL and mechanics worked out.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cleric Stance is the path that leads to honest healing.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
This last week every non-me healer I ran with was so honest they wouldn't even use Assize if enemies were on the field. I helped a couple people power level 50-60 by dungeon spamming and by the end it was meme worthy that honest healers have taken over.

Removing CS didn't help.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I liked cleric stance, but also I feel like encounter design has changed in general since they removed it. Even dungeons in SB seem to require more healing throughout and managing CS would be a pain in the rear end for a lot of recent fights.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Cleric stance was the best part of playing a healer, and whoever decided to remove it probably thinks hitler was right.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cleric stance was a good way to weed out the goods from the bads.

The issue is that it made it be a ratio of 1:50 good to bad ratio, and nowadays it's at least a bit more muddied.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

This last week every non-me healer I ran with was so honest they wouldn't even use Assize if enemies were on the field. I helped a couple people power level 50-60 by dungeon spamming and by the end it was meme worthy that honest healers have taken over.

Removing CS didn't help.

There will be people who will honest heal no matter what, but then there’s people like me that gently caress up CS, and then feel miserable and bad when someone dies as result. It’s nice having one less point of failure in playing an important role well. CS is the kind of mechanic that pushes players towards play safe rather then play risky, at least IMO.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I have infused my body with Mountain Dew and ascended to the realm of godhood

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Phone posted:

How to level up fast:
- Roulettes
- Command Squad runs
- Doing the Challenge Log
- Running the highest level dungeon you have open to you
- Spending $20 on the skip potion

If the skip potion were cheaper I might actually try it. But you don’t get to see the job storyline if you do that right?

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Cleric Stance is still in the game? I have on my hotbar whenever I spam holy and and frantically spam both it and Presence of Mind asap to chain everything together.

Edit: If you want a level skip potion at this point, it depends whether or not you want to play Shadowbringers come Summer. If you do, pre-ordering it now will get you 30%+Exp Earrings that Ilvl scale until 70 as soon as March 1, so that may be cheaper overall. If you are just playing the game and did a story skip and want to continue now, that may be the better deal for you.

Rastan Beeza fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 20, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Oxyclean posted:

There will be people who will honest heal no matter what, but then there’s people like me that gently caress up CS, and then feel miserable and bad when someone dies as result. It’s nice having one less point of failure in playing an important role well. CS is the kind of mechanic that pushes players towards play safe rather then play risky, at least IMO.

I get where you're coming from. I wouldn't mind some middle ground compromise CS that lets healers optimize from riskier play, but still have functional dps without.

My only issue with OG CS was double tapping it when trying to queue it off, thus turning it back on. Even having an internal cooldown of .5s or something would stop that at least. Then for me it would be reliable enough that it's more comfortable.

It's existing incarnation is just meh. 5% is pretty lacklustre. It and Protect might as well get deleted.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its not the same thing, and barely does anything now

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Rastan Beeza posted:

Cleric Stance is still in the game? I have on my hotbar whenever I spam holy and and frantically spam both it and Presence of Mind asap to chain everything together.

There's a thing called Cleric Stance, it increases your DPS, and it's nice (sometimes I even remember to use it!), but it's not even a little bit similar to the old Cleric Stance.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I decided to change from being a catgirl to a midlady on a whim.

Pro tip: If you're gonna have the nvidia overlay on, you should probably use that to take screenshots instead of assuming the in-game screenshots wouldn't grab said overlay.
What's this torso piece? It's good.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
The failure of killing Cleric Stance is they also overly simplified all of the healers offensive output at the same time. Double the number of offensive abilities each healer has I say.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My favorite part of eureka is how I haven't needed to queue for expert in weeks.

My least favorite part is the 200k protective 'grams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's existing incarnation is just meh. 5% is pretty lacklustre. It and Protect might as well get deleted.

I'd be happy if they just allowed Protect to hit party members that are still viewing the intro cutscene so that I could have it on them before the tank runs off and pulls the trial boss