Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Is the new gun in the training mode, or just live gameplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Telyra posted:

Is the new gun in the training mode, or just live gameplay?

It's in training as well.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Holy Moly! For some reason the Radeaon fps counter wasn't working in Apex so I turned on Origin-in game feature and just had two games in a row with no crashes

I'm probably jinxing myself here but gently caress it, Try turning on Origin-in Game I guess...

eames
May 9, 2009

I’m not into BR games but the ping system is absolutely genius and should be the new industry standard. Fast and efficient communication and you can leave chat/voip off without missing out on much.

The balancing of squads vs single players is also spot on, having a team member quit/dc makes things harder but never hopeless.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
This game is so good why is this thread so bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

we're bad at the good game.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

This game is so good why is this thread so bad

The only thing separating the average goon from the average pubbie is a forums account

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Guys guys guys I got to play with streamers DrDisrespect and LyndonFPS it was the highlight of my life. We lost of course, with me being pretty much deadweight. What an exciting story that was.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 21, 2019

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Just played my first game of Apex Legends.

We won. Kind of feel like I should just quit while I'm ahead.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I’m surprised people can use AHK with this running at all for that peacekeeper thing. How is it not detected?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Morphix posted:

I mean that's the thing, I did and plenty of others did as well. The kind of control you had to have to excell in Quake3 was far beyond what most games call for these days, like can you imagine if today's games had loving rail guns lol

I think it has more to do with how large your hands are and whether you claw the mouse or you rest your palm on it. I don't rest, I claw and my forearm rests on my desk, so the weight isn't resting on my wrist or anything.

I think it’s more that most people will be more successful with a low sensitivity, and games like apex legends aren’t really fast enough to require a really high sens. Playing with a huge inches/360 would probably be a really bad idea in quake, but in Apex Legends and most BRs you usually have a very good idea of where people will be and don’t usually have to do crazy spins unless you’ve hosed up. Whereas in quake that’s part and parcel of playing the game well (and I think it’s just generally a lot harder mechanically). Ofc if you’re already good at wrist aiming and are a crazy rail gun savant stick with it; this is more advice for people who haven’t played FPS games for awhile or who don’t feel their aim is great yet.

E: now I want to play a BR with quake style mechanics and rail guns

tildes fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 21, 2019

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, the havoc, any good without attachments or does it require either the turbo charger or select fire to be worth using? hasn't felt good when I picked it up.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Telyra posted:

The only thing separating the average goon from the average pubbie is a forums account

Not like you tho, you're the cool one

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, the havoc, any good without attachments or does it require either the turbo charger or select fire to be worth using? hasn't felt good when I picked it up.

It needs one or the other to truly be a good gun.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

I’m surprised people can use AHK with this running at all for that peacekeeper thing. How is it not detected?

They probably didn't know they needed to detect it. A lot of things like this are easy to detect, but only if you're actually looking. Honestly though, they should just fix the bug rather than trying to detect people and ban them.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Duck and Cover posted:

Guys guys guys I got to play with streamers DrDisrespect and LyndonFPS it was the highlight of my life. We lost of course, with me being pretty much deadweight. What an exciting story that was.

That’s.....rough

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
RONPAUL ITS HAPPPPENNNING!!!!!!!!!!

GANG

GANG

I'VE PLAYED 4 GAMES SINCE LAST POSTING

THATS 6 GAMES IN A ROW NO CRASHES BABAAAY!!!!!!!!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Morphix posted:

RONPAUL ITS HAPPPPENNNING!!!!!!!!!!

GANG

GANG

I'VE PLAYED 4 GAMES SINCE LAST POSTING

THATS 6 GAMES IN A ROW NO CRASHES BABAAAY!!!!!!!!

I've always had it enabled and I've crashed. Only once, though, and I've put probably well over 40 hours into the game. YMMV.

I suspect all these "bad_module_info" crashes might very well not be the same bug either; my understanding is that the message "bad_module_info has crashed" is just Windows saying that the application crashed in such a way it couldn't get a stack trace useful enough to even point out which module (DLL, .exe, whatever library or application) the crash occurred in, much less at what offset or at which symbol. All crashes regardless of source would get the same error message, is what I'm saying.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 21, 2019

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Loot box #404, time to knife some nerds. And no I don't feel bad about it. Not being poor is doooope.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

You can only see the knife while running without a weapon out, right? Even divorced from the cost, which may be insignificant based on a persons level of disposable income, that’s still a time commitment to open 404 loot crates.

Tryke
Jun 27, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

Ha, this happened to me around the same time. Spent the whole game just trying to keep up.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I opened a free box and got a staggeringly ugly plaid outfit lol

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

kung fu jive posted:

Loot box #404, time to knife some nerds. And no I don't feel bad about it. Not being poor is doooope.

:yikes:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I wish they had a little bit more interaction with the other Legends so that Mirage would yell "me too!" since that seems right up his alley.

Mirage is racist against robots so probably not

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

TheFluff posted:

I've always had it enabled and I've crashed. Only once, though, and I've put probably well over 40 hours into the game. YMMV.

Two more games and no crashes....

New gun is pretty good

key to game is not hunting for your perfect gun, but perfectly adapting to what's available - New Art of War Morphix, Who Has Not Crashed in What Some Describe as Almost Ten Games in A ROW!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thumbtacks posted:

It's probably detectable but they aren't treating AHK in and of itself as bannable. The scripts for the exploit (I assume) just generate keypresses and I don't think you can differentiate an AHK-generated keypress and an actual keypress.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I like:

Bangalore - because her passive is extremely good for close range fighting and her tactical is extremely good for a lot of different things. I always forget to use her ult

Pathfinder - grapple is huge

Bloodhound - real good but hard to use because you don’t have an escape ability and just because you got the tracking info doesn’t mean you’re going to use it correctly

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Elysiume posted:

It's probably detectable but they aren't treating AHK in and of itself as bannable. The scripts for the exploit (I assume) just generate keypresses and I don't think you can differentiate an AHK-generated keypress and an actual keypress.

Blizzard claimed too be able too and there was a round of bans when the Soldier was found to be able to do the same thing by just tapping fire real quick.

I think it's fairly easy for them to figure out if your key presses are perfectly timed each and every time, or whether there is some timing variation to it.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017
It’s pretty rare I get squadded up with a Bloodhound that isn’t a total potato. Same with Gibraltar. These little kids who play them seem to never use their abilities either. I mean props to you if this doesn’t apply to you. No offense to any DECENT Bloodhound/Gibraltar mains here.

Pathfinders are unpredictable. I gently caress with Mirage lowkey but his ult ability is not great

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Duck and Cover posted:

Which one were you? I watched a bunch of that today.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Morphix posted:

Blizzard claimed too be able too and there was a round of bans when the Soldier was found to be able to do the same thing by just tapping fire real quick.

I think it's fairly easy for them to figure out if your key presses are perfectly timed each and every time, or whether there is some timing variation to it.
You can randomize timings in AHK which obfuscates it a bit. That said, the timing window may be narrow enough for the Peacekeeper exploit that it’s not possible without cheating; I don’t know how it works.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
ON THE 9TH GAME OF APEX LEGENDS THE GAMING GODS CAME CRASHING DOWN ON ME

AND I SANG 1 OUT OF 9 AINT BAD

...if you notice 5 squads left and I was about to pounce on someone, I had a mastif and havoc ready, it was going to be good. i had just remarked to my friend about how i had fixed my crashing bug, because our teammate had just left....

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Big shock that Apex Legends is fab but Origin remains terrible.

Edit: Early on there were multiple goons complaining of mouselook problems - it turns out that is a known issue with the origin ingame overlay, and turning it off fixes it. The origin overlay related crash bugs also don't surprise me.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 21, 2019

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Spacedad posted:

Big shock that Apex Legends is fab but Origin remains terrible.

i like that you can add your steam friends, a tacit admission that nobody uses origin friends lists

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

corn in the bible posted:

This game looks fun how lovely is the cash shop

Let's put it this way:

Currently there is a weapon skin for a supre rare gun that basically only randomly drops from supply packages (or with a low chance in a high tier loot zone?).

That skin is 18 bucks (1800 "Apex points")

Previously people were complaining that skins were priced at 1100 AP when the lowest amount you can buy is 1000 - so you needed to at least spend $20 to buy a skin (with 900 AP to spare, which then again, won't get you anything other than 9 lootboxes with 3 random items)

So I guess they indirectly addressed this by jacking the price of skins to 1800 AP. Phew, crisis averted.

Good news though is you don't really need to spend a single dime on the game. New Legends/Heroes are moderately priced at $7.50 (again, you will need to spend at least $10), but you can earn points ingame to unlock them as well.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Holy gently caress stability was bad tonight. I played with a group of 3 people and all 3 of us got the "Party Leader Has Quit the Match" bug in separate games. When I crashed to desktop again I just decided to call it.

Wtf is going on, they need to fix this poo poo.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

PantsBandit posted:

Wtf is going on, they need to fix this poo poo.

When you drop into an area with 3+ or more squads do you get the molasses serrver / game running with what feels like half speed?

Because hoo boy am I getting that.

EA is terrible at online games.

e- I mean drat just go look at the browse games section of the store, Apex legends is listed as the 6th most popular game, wut

Morphix fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 21, 2019

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Hit 24000 apex game bux and bought mirage but I think I’m gonna see who comes next cause chubbo doesn’t seem great

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

zelah posted:

Hit 24000 apex game bux and bought mirage but I think I’m gonna see who comes next cause chubbo doesn’t seem great

He can be. Every character can be in my opinion actually. I have won at least 5 games with every character except Bangalore and wraith (99% of the time someone mains those two so I let em)

Every single character has a kit that you WILL find a use for their abilities at some point in the game.

As far as power goes mirage and caustic are equivalent. Fun factor tho..... mirage is endlessly entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morphix posted:

When you drop into an area with 3+ or more squads do you get the molasses serrver / game running with what feels like half speed?

Because hoo boy am I getting that.

EA is terrible at online games.

e- I mean drat just go look at the browse games section of the store, Apex legends is listed as the 6th most popular game, wut

Apex is popular but you are massively under-estimating the Sims market and the FIFA Market. I'll give you Anthem because of all the bad press and the weird EA Origin thing but don't sleep on Fifa/Sims