Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

LIGHTS OUT, AND AWAY WE POST!

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Whoever makes the reg season thread please use that as a title. Thanks and gods bless.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Also, just noticed Wicka's name change again... So good!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The best part of this? No Crofty. Gave me chills.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:italy:

Italy really does have one of the best anthems.

Oh huh, LeClerc is straight up from Monaco? I assumed he was French. I wonder what the Monégasque anthem is like...

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 21, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh huh, LeClerc is straight up from Monaco? I assumed he was French. I wonder what the Monégasque anthem is like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeXatquVqAc

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hahahahaha if only

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Toro Rosso: Honda is good now.
Toro Rosso: <breaks down before leaving the pit lane>

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

:vince:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
lmao lando immediately binned it

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rhopunzel posted:

Ehh. Too early for me.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Feb 21, 2019

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those honda glory runs seems okey. i wonder at what % Ferrari and Mercedes are pushing their cars.

edit: also twitter people from soy motor are telling that the mercedes is trashing his tyres again

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 21, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lol @ Lewis mistaking the Williams in front of him for an actual F1 car and almost ploughing into the back of it because of the speed difference

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Big Huski Boi posted:

sick, i get this reference

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-der-neue-bottas-11005121.html

Lol, Lewis must be pooping his pants thinking of the might of Valtteri “makes Rosberg look like a good driver” Bottas

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rhopunzel posted:

Lando Norris? More like Blando Smellpiss

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Big Huski Boi posted:

This is too good for this thread.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually is bad, just like sky f1, the british press and the british "people" in general

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

poty posted:

https://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-der-neue-bottas-11005121.html

Lol, Lewis must be pooping his pants thinking of the might of Valtteri “makes Rosberg look like a good driver” Bottas

Bottas has got a fat face in that pic

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

everybody's been running laps under Ricciardo's 2018 race lap record but still off the qualifying time (which I think was 1:17 something last year) and also Alonso's all-time record though that was before the chicane in the last segment. So while this is all very much so Bacon Briefcase land, I think the only team that looks absolutely hopeless is Williams, and everybody else looks various shades of competent.

one interesting note is how Mercedes is getting more laps aggregate by having drivers split the day. Wonder how much work it takes to change the chassis over from one driver to another (seat, pedals, etc), because it seems worth it given how much more they can run.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Ferrari smokes a lot on takeoff...

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Can’t wait for the season to start and Mercedes loads the race program and walks away with a 1-2 pole and finish for every race

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

harperdc posted:

everybody's been running laps under Ricciardo's 2018 race lap record but still off the qualifying time (which I think was 1:17 something last year) and also Alonso's all-time record though that was before the chicane in the last segment. So while this is all very much so Bacon Briefcase land, I think the only team that looks absolutely hopeless is Williams, and everybody else looks various shades of competent.

one interesting note is how Mercedes is getting more laps aggregate by having drivers split the day. Wonder how much work it takes to change the chassis over from one driver to another (seat, pedals, etc), because it seems worth it given how much more they can run.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had both cars, unless I'm out of the loop and regulations only permit one car present at testing.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Frond posted:

The Ferrari smokes a lot on takeoff...

That's the Marlboro sponsorship part of the car. Blatant tobacco advertising, ban Ferrari.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everyone loves ferrari and cigarretes

#missionwinnow

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

everyone loves ferrari and cigarretes

#missionwinnow

I don't

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont lie or troll please

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I like things that DON'T catch fire :smugbert:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

I like things that DON'T catch fire :smugbert:

Beer?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

I'm pretty sure every team but Williams got aero correlation work done on the morning of the first day and have been able to do long runs to their heart's content.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

dos cervesas por pavor

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

dos cervesas por pavor

you are deadly scared of beer? weird

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

apparently :shrug:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

These aren't great times but it's still incredible after four years of calamity that this stupid team can actually run so many laps

https://twitter.com/f1debrief/status/1098594466456354816
https://twitter.com/f1debrief/status/1098594569225191424

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Powershift posted:

apparently :shrug:

As long as it doesn't catch fire, it's all good and fine for drinking!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

dos cervesas por pavor

dos cervezas por Pastor

Big Huski Boi posted:

These aren't great times but it's still incredible after four years of calamity that this stupid team can actually run so many laps

https://twitter.com/f1debrief/status/1098594466456354816
https://twitter.com/f1debrief/status/1098594569225191424

Good post OP, looking forward to a great McLaren season with an excellent car!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

actually is bad, just like sky f1, the british press and the british "people" in general

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the gently caress Pinochet and Maggie were pals

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is actually a really good run
https://twitter.com/f1debrief/status/1098608306942300160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

harperdc posted:

This is a pretty hot take, are you describing McLaren as a shade of competent?