Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

FAUXTON I want to consult with you sometime about making a white collar crime heist.

Sounds good, though it'll necessarily have to be a fully quiet mode with no guards who can even spot you

Also most of it would be holding F to edit spreadsheets, pressing E to write a check, then holding F again to lie to investigators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Sounds good, though it'll necessarily have to be a fully quiet mode with no guards who can even spot you

Also most of it would be holding F to edit spreadsheets, pressing E to write a check, then holding F again to lie to investigators

That would be a great April fools heist/meta commentary on white collar crime.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FAUXTON posted:

That's pretty much exactly what I'm visualizing- sit in an office and occasionally hold F at a computer and phone while the reward increases.

Also Crackdown is entering final testing for the next release. We're going to be looking for folks to run some sessions for last-minute stress testing over the next week- getting screenshots and impressions. The new version has rebalanced, not terrible, not spammy, semi-intelligent enemies with custom stats for every single difficulty and enemy in the game, including scripted enemies and turrets.

With Crackdown installed, Payday 2 is decently challenging on Overkill, actually playable on Death Sentence, and less of a joke on the lower difficulties. Enemies are recognizable at range and have expanded AI and communication functions. There are also much fewer of them and they are at least 85% less brain-dead.

You can join a crew to run heists and experience a better Payday 2 than ever before by installing the mod and join us on the Goo Co-op server.
https://discord.gg/mWeUnvQ

Installing Crackdown:

To get the mod running, first go to this website and follow the simple instructions to install the base mod hook:
https://superblt.znix.xyz/

Second, download each of these mods and place them in the "mods" folder that will appear in your payday 2 directory.
https://github.com/Crackdown-PD2/deathvox/archive/experimental.zip
https://github.com/Crackdown-PD2/voiceline-framework/archive/master.zip
https://github.com/simon-wh/PAYDAY-2-BeardLib/archive/master.zip

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 24, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I found a new worst stealth heist.

It's the White House.

Solely because you can get instantly detected before touching the ground by all the guards outside and have to restart through absolutely no fault of your own

What the gently caress man :psypop:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Check your mods; it's a bug related to third party mods.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

UnknownMercenary posted:

Check your mods; it's a bug related to third party mods.

I'm doing this purely vanilla, no mods which makes it even stranger.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's a bug tied to some sort of desync/spawning inside chopper thing. It's rare, but unpatched.

In better news, Crackdown's about ready for release- my thanks to those of you who helped identify and squash bugs.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
That is super cool. Saluting you from an Xbox. For all xboxers.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel posted:

I found a new worst stealth heist.

It's the White House.

Solely because you can get instantly detected before touching the ground by all the guards outside and have to restart through absolutely no fault of your own

What the gently caress man :psypop:

White house stealth update: Now whenever I get to the oval office, one of the murkies for the helicopter greeting just drops dead in front of his friends, if not sets off a pager.

This is the most compelling case I've ever seen for a steam achievement manager :suicide:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

EorayMel posted:

White house stealth update: Now whenever I get to the oval office, one of the murkies for the helicopter greeting just drops dead in front of his friends, if not sets off a pager.

This is the most compelling case I've ever seen for a steam achievement manager :suicide:

Okay, that's new to me-there's nothing that should be able to do that. What mods do you have installed?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Okay, that's new to me-there's nothing that should be able to do that. What mods do you have installed?

I'm not using any mods, never have. Pure vanilla payday 2.

Which is funny since this is last OD thing I need to do, then I will feel obligated to play around with crackdown's official release. :v:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

After dozens of extremely lovely attempts I got to my best run yet...and I think I found the problem. Here's proof that I'm not crazy. No mods used, vanilla payday 2.

It seems to go off around the ten-minute mark.
The ten seconds on the chopper don't seem to count, so this more accurately happened around 10:10. I don't know if it happens if 10 minutes pass and the game checks if the west wing is open/next step is getting the oval office keycard, or if it will happen if you just loiter on the white house lawn and wait long enough. Or maybe if you wait on the lawn nothing happens, then if you do some objectives the murkies will automatically drop dead due to amazing code.

Is it even possible to do the whole thing in under 10 minutes or at least before the alesso heist-recasing mode escape to prevent this from happening? Or is the best bet to just do it half-stealth, half-loud like No Mercy forces you to "fairly"?

Best stealth mission in payday 2 10/10.

:allbuttons:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Murkies spontaneously dying is a known (or at least, widely reported) issue.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you wanna hop into the goon discord I (and I'm sure others) will be more than happy to help you do this one loud.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a bug tied to some sort of desync/spawning inside chopper thing. It's rare, but unpatched.

In better news, Crackdown's about ready for release- my thanks to those of you who helped identify and squash bugs.

I'm sad that this doesn't include me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm sad that this doesn't include me.

join the discord server already!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

join the discord server already!

I'm pretty sure I'm on there.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

One down. No more to go.

Also apparently the heart attack glitch is related to the wandering stealth bot glitch? I finally got this done when I turned off AI teammates and snuck through everything. Expected a murky to drop dead outside but, didn't happen. Not even 30 minutes in the heist.

Now I never need to do that again :toot:

swims
May 5, 2014

Console update out today. First time I get to customize the AI

Will I be able to mod the guns they use? If so can the AI crit or should I just max out the weapons?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

swims posted:

Console update out today. First time I get to customize the AI

Will I be able to mod the guns they use? If so can the AI crit or should I just max out the weapons?

Mods will be cosmetic- there's a set of default weapon type stats that AI use. You generally want to give the AI thanatoses or powerful shotguns (I don't remember which shotguns, sorry).

edit: see below for unknownmercenary's post, I stand corrected.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 18, 2019

swims
May 5, 2014

Cool. I’m hoping the crime spree mode is gated behind completing the story mode? Is story just running all jobs on normal?

Are continental coins used only for buying mods or something? I started with 10 and don’t know how to earn more or even spend them. I have multiple of all mods and stuff so maybe these mean nothing to me.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

Cool. I’m hoping the crime spree mode is gated behind completing the story mode?
It's gated behind being level 60 or infamy 1. If it's the same, then on Crime.net there should be a yellow icon that looks like a 3-chevron rank insignia with a skull inside it.

quote:

Is story just running all jobs on normal?
It escalates to Overkill over the course of the whole thing, eventually but you can just look at what job needs to be done to progress and go find a lobby playing it on a less tedious difficulty.

As for the Continental Coins deal, the answer to that hinges heavily on whether or not Overkill have added things yet - mainly Safehouse "customisation" stuff. You may be stuck with only ever earning them through XP gains (1 per 1,000,000) and spending them on the few AI passives that exist and one-shot Crime Spree advantages.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Coins get you mods as well as upgrading your safehouse and some other poo poo I can't remember since I haven't played since the finale

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Coins are, iirc, also used for some other interface system unlocks.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Mods will be cosmetic- there's a set of default weapon type stats that AI use. You generally want to give the AI thanatoses or powerful shotguns (I don't remember which shotguns, sorry).

R93 or whatever the AA-12 is called in game.

R93 lands on breakpoints and the extra damage on the Thanatos is wasted on most units.

swims
May 5, 2014

Thanks all. FYI no new safehouse on console. The coolest thing about the update is probably that it is free and there are all kinds of old school players online because of it. For tonight... Mostly dudes are running same gear and same missions, but still.

Console has no gun skins or anything like that.

The update did apparently make it so if you swap profiles in the preplanning screen it doesn’t gently caress up the assets anymore. I still need to confirm first hand.

There is a deep patch note which is kinda underwhelming. Mostly small graphic adjustments. The way it’s presented I thought Xbox would have crimenet search like it used to. (Since the first update there is no “live map” of players hosting. It always looks like when you are host.)

With that said the DS cops do look like complete badasses now.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

How? what assets did they use? The final DS assets they used on PC are kinda infamous (also the ones in crackdown mod are much better)

PS:

Everyone should watch John Wick 3. There is a sequence in the film that will immediately remind you of the DSOD experience.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 18, 2019

swims
May 5, 2014

Assets like ammo bag and escape driver. Think Election Day 1 stealth rush and then day 2 changing to shootout loadout. If you changed profiles between days the ammo and health asset can’t (can be) bought but won’t show up.

It could be any player swapping loadouts including new players joining the lobby.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Everyone should watch John Wick 3. There is a sequence in the film that will immediately remind you of the DSOD experience.
John Wick converts two cops and hides for half an hour? Hard pass.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I just need to know which heister Halle Berry is supposed to be a stand in for.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

maswastaken posted:

John Wick converts two cops and hides for half an hour? Hard pass.

:actually: the scene is John Wick sneaks through a trainyard at night, then does it again except the cameras are slightly different

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

swims posted:

Assets like ammo bag and escape driver. Think Election Day 1 stealth rush and then day 2 changing to shootout loadout. If you changed profiles between days the ammo and health asset can’t (can be) bought but won’t show up.

It could be any player swapping loadouts including new players joining the lobby.

Sorry, I was referring to "With that said the DS cops do look like complete badasses now."

swims
May 5, 2014

All console zeal units had a makeover for sure. They used to be generic gray and black and all specials were the same as usual. They have updated skins now. Mostly brighter so you can tell them apart.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I thought this game was dead. Glad to see it's still kicking... kind of, maybe. I guess.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Still more alive than the company that birthed it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

swims posted:

All console zeal units had a makeover for sure. They used to be generic gray and black and all specials were the same as usual. They have updated skins now. Mostly brighter so you can tell them apart.

Does this match the changes?

Be warned that this is what you have to look forward to:

swims
May 5, 2014

Top pic is what we have now.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

You'll see the bottom picture in Beneath the Mountain. If not now, eventually.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The devs added those units, meant to be Murkywater, to several heists right before the last story updates. You might notice they are almost all identical shades of muddy green. This is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

The devs added those units, meant to be Murkywater, to several heists right before the last story updates. You might notice they are almost all identical shades of muddy green. This is terrible.
No see it adds challenge to identifying your enemies! It makes the game harder without needing to actually code anything!