Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Something something trump still runs his poo poo and no one cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Actually, I think most people care but not the people in charge, since it sets a precedent where they can be more openly corrupt.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Recovery from neurological disease, usually disc disease surgery, is a very large reason. Honestly I've never heard of it more commonly being used in paw surgery, mainly because immediately post-op you don't want anything to do bad things to the incision site and long post surgery, most animals would need hydrotreadmill therapy for other reasons (like building muscle mass as a fight vs. arthritis and muscle wasting) but not specifically because they had paw work done.

It's a nice system for back dogs, because their incision is on the top so it can remain protected.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meanwhile, poor children starve on the streets of our richest cities.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
E- wrong thread sorry

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Kobayashi posted:

Yes, that is what happens.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Animal healthcare - compassion or tool of the bourgeoisie?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Kobayashi posted:

just lol that you think a water treadmill for a dog is a sign of terribleness in an unequal society

Wait until you read about the $50,000 heart valve replacement surgeries happening in dogs with a genetic predisposition to heart disease that people keep breeding and paying thousands of dollars for, knowing that it is highly likely their dog will die of an inherited condition... with a waiting list.

or just about any bulldog, really. depending on type, many can't even reproduce naturally and cost thousands of dollars (after paying thousands to purchase the puppy) due to all their varied genetic predispositions

or how about people who breed mutts and call them designer names with -poo at the end and sell them for $5000 a pop.

Like seriously, you're gonna, "but the starving children in an unjust society!" a water treadmill for a dog? lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

awesmoe posted:

dangerously close to crying 'fake news', here

It’s fake news have a great day.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kobayashi posted:

And yet you selfishly hoard resources to pour carbon into the air while using a box full of toxic materials to post on the internet. Have you no heart?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

HelloSailorSign posted:

just lol that you think a water treadmill for a dog is a sign of terribleness in an unequal society

Wait until you read about the $50,000 heart valve replacement surgeries happening in dogs with a genetic predisposition to heart disease that people keep breeding and paying thousands of dollars for, knowing that it is highly likely their dog will die of an inherited condition... with a waiting list.

or just about any bulldog, really. depending on type, many can't even reproduce naturally and cost thousands of dollars (after paying thousands to purchase the puppy) due to all their varied genetic predispositions

or how about people who breed mutts and call them designer names with -poo at the end and sell them for $5000 a pop.

Like seriously, you're gonna, "but the starving children in an unjust society!" a water treadmill for a dog? lol

He's better than us because he is aware of that thing and it makes other things bad.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
If you oppose dog medical care you're a Republican

MFAD or bust

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Universal animal healthcare is a step too far for me! I support ACA4P. Though I have reservations about the way they refer to our animal companions as "pets".

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1098366103510634496

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

VitalSigns posted:

Is this actually accurate or important.

Idk anything about campaign finance enforcement but I feel like if he uncovered evidence of a no-poo poo crime he'd be reporting it to the FEC not blogging it like "she's totally a criminal you guys but the biased media is covering it up" as if WaPo isn't constantly on her rear end for anything and everything waiting for her to mispronounce a word so they can publish a dozen "aoc is CANCELED" op-eds

It's wrong.

https://twitter.com/PaulBlu/status/1098295735500619778
https://twitter.com/PaulBlu/status/1098304802843475973

Her campaign manager is also all over the comments on the article pointing out assertions he says are wrong.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

HelloSailorSign posted:

I should have known, there is always more and it is always worse.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

youre dick posted:

you cant just leave that here with no explanation. my need to know more is intensifying
I propose a new rule: one good animal per 5 tweets.

Glazius posted:

Proprioception is the body's ability to judge its own balance and movement based on distributed feedback from all its parts. The good boys have booties on so their toesies won't freeze outside, but it's messing with learned patterns of proprioceptive feedback, resulting in the observed variation in locomotive gait.
Thank you, Lt. Cmdr. Data. That will be all.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Kobayashi posted:

The only way this isn't a non sequitur is if those children are starving due to resource scarcity rather than economics and indifference. Otherwise we can feed the children and help the dogs.

But I think you know this and just want to start poo poo.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Welp:

https://mobile.twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1098554290497601536

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

predicto posted:

I hate to be that guy but I can't help it

My first thought is that this feels like that McCain campaign worker who pretended to be assaulted by a black Obama supporter, but the "B" on her face was backwards and she made it all up. Or when Morton Downey Jr. claimed that he was attacked in a bathroom at an airport by nazis but the swastika on his face was backwards. Or when Ryan Lochte claimed he was robbed at the Rio Olympics.

So it's 2 am, its well below freezing in Chicago, and two bad guys who just happen to be out wandering around wearing ski masks looking for a black or gay man to harass while carrying... bleach? Of course, it is possible, but I've become completely cynical about these things.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

predicto posted:

My first thought is that this feels like that McCain campaign worker who pretended to be assaulted by a black Obama supporter, but the "B" on her face was backwards and she made it all up. Or when Morton Downey Jr. claimed that he was attacked in a bathroom at an airport by nazis but the swastika on his face was backwards. Or when Ryan Lochte claimed he was robbed at the Rio Olympics.

So it's 2 am, its well below freezing in Chicago, and two bad guys who just happen to be out wandering around wearing ski masks looking for a black or gay man to harass while carrying... bleach? Of course, it is possible, but I've become completely cynical about these things.

lmao

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Amazing, amazing - CNN’s Wolf Blitzer

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

predicto posted:

dnd eating their own smh

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Hell of a username/post combo there. Jesus.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lmao at the replies to that post.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought it was a little fishy when it turned out the maga chuds yelling racial slurs and using lynch imagery were black Nigerians but I didn't say anything because doubting victims isn't a good look.

I suppose this outcome is better than lynchmobs on the street but it's just a sad affair any way it could have gone :negative:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
To change topics a little bit:

The head of security for a major metro agency was just charged with Human Trafficking and rape.

https://seattletransitblog.com/2019/02/21/head-of-metro-security-charged-with-rape-human-trafficking/

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Flat Daddy posted:

Lmao at the replies to that post.

A comedy website would have turned it into a toxx for both the skeptics and the believers.

Let me guess....

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 21, 2019

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

A comedy website would have turned it into a toxx for both the skeptics and the believers.

I feel this would have fixed some of the worst debate threads in GBS in the last 8 years.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

BattleMaster posted:

I thought it was a little fishy when it turned out the maga chuds yelling racial slurs and using lynch imagery were black Nigerians but I didn't say anything because doubting victims isn't a good look.

I suppose this outcome is better than lynchmobs on the street but it's just a sad affair any way it could have gone :negative:

Same.

My brainbroke ex is claiming he got paid by the Russians for all this. I'm like, honey...the levels of incompetent fuckery are already way off the charts here, let's not over complicate it more than it already is.

I mean, hiring Nigerians to allegedly shout MAGA poo poo are you loving kidding me.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Same.

My brainbroke ex is claiming he got paid by the Russians for all this. I'm like, honey...the levels of incompetent fuckery are already way off the charts here, let's not over complicate it more than it already is.

I mean, hiring Nigerians to allegedly shout MAGA poo poo are you loving kidding me.

Wait hold on, the Nigerians claim thing isn't a joke?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BattleMaster posted:

I didn't say anything because doubting victims isn't a good look.

I agree, and for the record, I only got that twinge of doubt because Smollet is a celebrity and the story seemed unlikely. I'm wholly on board with always starting from the assumption that victims are telling the truth.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

predicto posted:

I agree, and for the record, I only got that twinge of doubt because Smollet is a celebrity and the story seemed unlikely. I'm wholly on board with always starting from the assumption that victims are telling the truth.

I said it a page or two back, but a high profile fake is just really awful for real victims. Confirmation bias being what it is this becomes the one that sticks out in people’s memories and makes it easy to dismiss every poorly reported event with minimal detail as “sounding odd.”

It’s good that there isn’t a MAGA crew running free in Chicago and it’s good that the horrible thing didn’t actually happen, but now he’s just made the lives of actual victims that much harder and given the folks who want to pretend this stuff doesn’t happen custom made earplugs. It’s a pretty drat selfish thing to do and just makes everything harder.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

HelloSailorSign posted:

Wait hold on, the Nigerians claim thing isn't a joke?

These two guys did it:

The 2 men seen on surveillance video before the attack had a previous affiliation with Smollett

quote:

Law enforcement sources tell CNN that police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two brothers to orchestrate an assault on him.

Surveillance video from Jan. 28 obtained from a Chicago-area beauty supply store appears to show the two men connected to the incident purchasing a ski mask, sunglasses, a red hat and other items the day before the alleged assault.

They paid for the items in cash, according to the owner, who did not want to be identified.

The two men questioned by police — identified as brothers Olabinjo Osundairo and Abimbola Osundairo — were initially arrested on Feb. 13 but released without charges after police cited the discovery of "new evidence." They've met with police and prosecutors at a Chicago courthouse, police spokesman Tom Ahern said.

The two are no longer suspects at this time, Chicago police have said. The brothers' attorney, Gloria Schmidt, told reporters Wednesday that her clients had not accepted a plea deal or immunity. Police sources said the brothers are cooperating with law enforcement.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 21, 2019

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

he scammed Nigerians? wow

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1098606559138115588

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, come on.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/argumentwinner/status/1098613150096781312?s=19

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

predicto posted:

fau said ya the probation was bad in qqcs if that's any consulation, it's really the same trump conundrum from Trump and 2016. All racists believe Smollet was faking, but not all people who doubted Smollet are racist.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So its likely the Smollet thing is the racial equivalent of the UVa fake rape?

Not good bob