Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The whole fake illness thing seems pretty prevalent in court these days. There's Manafort with the cane and I recall reading just last year about the East Area Rapist showing up to court in a wheel chair and looking as haggard as he possibly could.

I mean I guess it's always been a tactic and I'm just noticing it more lately but it's pretty shameless. Of course shame is the last thing a lot of any these :crimes: people feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

The Glumslinger posted:

I also think the part where he admits to destroying the evidence about the photo from his phone is highly underrated

I am also a little surprised that the judge didn't ask, if none of the volunteers would "fess up" to it, that they could all come into the courtroom and answer under oath whether they had passed the picture to Roger Stone. I mean, the entire story about "someone else did it" is something that is pretty easy to ascertain, in a court of law. Unless all four of them "can't recall".

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

glowing-fish posted:

I am also a little surprised that the judge didn't ask, if none of the volunteers would "fess up" to it, that they could all come into the courtroom and answer under oath whether they had passed the picture to Roger Stone. I mean, the entire story about "someone else did it" is something that is pretty easy to ascertain, in a court of law. Unless all four of them "can't recall".

Lol sorry friend took my phone

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Guze posted:

"Hey jdge u up?"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Guze posted:

He should have gone for the Scott Brown "I posted that by butt dialing, by mistake" excuse.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Ginette Reno posted:

The whole fake illness thing seems pretty prevalent in court these days. There's Manafort with the cane and I recall reading just last year about the East Area Rapist showing up to court in a wheel chair and looking as haggard as he possibly could.

I mean I guess it's always been a tactic and I'm just noticing it more lately but it's pretty shameless. Of course shame is the last thing a lot of any these :crimes: people feel.

Junior Soprano too.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

DrNutt posted:

I'm pretty worried about Epstein getting killed before he can narc on all his rich and powerful friends tbh.
His actual co-conspirators, the people who actually procured the girls he trafficked, all received immunity. One of them is now married to a NASCAR driver.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
TB is a better poster and human than most of you.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

glowing-fish posted:

It's a show cause hearing, the burden's on Stone to prove what he wants to prove. The lack of knowledge and control over his own communications that Stone is fessing up to, whether true or not, doesn't help him, and the judge will be well within rights to take obvious bullshit as bullshit.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

Like my 4 year old who all of a sudden claims illness when I tell him to pick up his toys.

No, it's not that! The crimes are what keep them healthy, just like Manafort!

Crimes are natures best medicine!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I wish I was in the room when stone announced his genius "apologize" plan to his attorneys, "guy's I'll apologize, say I'm really, REALLY sorry and, as long as there are no further follow up questions, I'll be fine!"

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

TheScott2K posted:

TB is a better poster and human than most of you.

Okay, I cave. This has been going on for two full pages. Who the heck is TB?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

He's going to get a reprimand (lol) and an boosted gag order (that means nothing because he has his chud media friends to make noise for him). I really hope the actual probe has more teeth, because if this is the MO, he'll be laughing about this in 6 months and using it to boost his cred. 'See, I fooled them liberal judges good!"

If you're a wealthy old guy you can pretty much give game-streamer excuses and the judges will go "Huh, sounds reasonable." My aide messed up my phone, lag hosed me over, my back was hurting, the detractors are just relentless, your Honor!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hi, just popping in to ask: why the gently caress is Roger Stone not already in jail? He's so bad at crimes yet has done so many.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ummel posted:

Junior Soprano too.

drat, I was gonna say this!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Xarthor posted:

Okay, I cave. This has been going on for two full pages. Who the heck is TB?

Tiny Brontosaurus, a poster who got perma'd. Her specialty was setting off fragile whites and, unfortunately, telling people to kill themselves.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1098681332937445377
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1098685348178219013
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1098683382958034947

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hi, just popping in to ask: why the gently caress is Roger Stone not already in jail? He's so bad at crimes yet has done so many.

Hold on, I'm looking into this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ahahahahaha what an rear end in a top hat Roger Stone is. How on earth has been allowed to do this for so long?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Roger Stone is going to throw a smoke bomb to escape if he has to go to jail

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1098685783337250816

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Holy poo poo this dogwhistle. I totally called this.

A Celtic symbol like that? Say, like, some sort of cross? A Celtic Cross if you will

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Failson posted:

No, it's not that! The crimes are what keep them healthy, just like Manafort!

Crimes are natures best medicine!

Someone tweeted a week or two ago that It's like the speed bus. If they dont do at least 50 crimes a day they explode.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I remember at my wedding, when I wanted to include some of Irish roots, I had my family paint a crosshairs on me and tell a bunch of conservatives that I was an Obama appointee.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

My Twitter Account posted:

His actual co-conspirators, the people who actually procured the girls he trafficked, all received immunity. One of them is now married to a NASCAR driver.

You mean the fellow abused girls who were also raped by Epstein and most often hooked on a steady stream of drugs and alcohol that he kept flowing? I mean personally I'd rather they use Epstein to take down the people raping young girls alongside Epstein, most of whom are rich, powerful white males who will likely never see justice. But I guess we all have priorities.

e: One of the "co-conspirators" you mention was 14 when Epstein started raping her.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
C’mon Stone end up in jail you miserable gently caress

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CuddleCryptid posted:

Holy poo poo this dogwhistle. I totally called this.

A Celtic symbol like that? Say, like, some sort of cross? A Celtic Cross if you will

I thought it was Roger confessing that he was Zodiac

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Koalas March posted:

How bad did she drag you?

Are we talking a wig snatch or did she read you for filth lmao

Same.. it's like the only thing I am looking forward to day. Besides HTGAWM.

She got me good once, really made me examine how I spoke about female public figures.

She was a force for good, ya'll.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I just can't stop laughing at Roger Stone's Wheel of Crimes. I think he actually might be more shameless than Manafort. (If that is even possible.)

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1098686714019762177

Come on 7s!

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Shes not buying it.

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1098687196930940928

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I guess this is going to happen a lot

https://mobile.twitter.com/daveevansabc7/status/1098627638594363392

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Throw him under the jail!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao this is the proper construction. i'm dyin.

You want to have a good time, you look at posters in the monetary theory thread who think "payed" is the past tense for exchanging money for goods and services. That one's actually found in the wild across SA. Lot of discussion about immigrants at the "boarder" in this thread, too.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

In regards to the past few pages in this thread: Sad to hear Tiny Brontosaurus got banned, and Koalas March you're cool and I'm sorry you've been feeling sad. Depression will trick your brain into thinking things can never get better, but they will if you just keep going. I know it's hard, but the world is a better place with you in it.

Now, let's get back to talking about Roger Stone because seriously how the gently caress is he so dumb?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

^^^ Thank you :) yeah, depression sucks.

It's gone?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope the Judge concludes by telling him that he can drink his crocodile tears, because it's the only water he'll have where she's sending him.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Get in the jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Oh man that judge is gonna tighten the gently caress out of Roger Stone's media contact restrictions and be sent on his way