Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Batterypowered7 posted:

I am laughing so hard at "growing a new layer of penis over the old penis"

the fanfucker has a unique and brilliant mind

quote:

I am really uncomfortable with a new development at my office and I feel like quitting is the only option now.

I’m an administrator for a private recovery and mental health center, not a clinical or medical staff member, so I’m not at risk for emotional burn-out. We were notified last year that we now have a mandatory group therapy session as a staff first thing in the morning (8 am) and before we leave (5:30 pm) and that all staff must participate. I’m a salaried employee and I don’t get overtime. I come in at 7 am and leave at 3:30. We’re expected now to stay until the 5:30 session, but I can’t alter the time I come in. I’m essentially working for an extra two hours for free daily. But that’s not all, this new policy is so screwed up for the following reasons:

1. We’re expected to fully “therapize” in the session — it’s not just checking with everyone on how their day was or like a morning meeting. We had to fill out paperwork about our childhood and life trauma that asked if we were sexually abused. I was horrified at the personal things our manager is expecting us to divulge to him.

2. Being forced to go to therapy at work, twice a day, performed by my own boss and in front of my coworkers feels invasive and kind of abusive. In short, it feels batshit. I have no idea where my boss got this idea – it’s not a state or executive board requirement.

3. It impacts my schedule in unfixable ways: each session is an hour so my day is a mad scramble of trying to fit in my important tasks around what I’ve started to call “my daily brow-beatings.” It makes me start my days on edge, and it makes work feel unsafe and weird.

I’ve reported my boss but our executive branch and board of directors are very, very slow to respond on almost anything. I rely on my job because the insurance is amazing but this is insane. I’m usually great at keeping my work life and home life separate but the idea of going to work now makes me nauseous. I actually vomited on the way to work last week just thinking about it all. I actually called in sick today because I just can’t.

I think I need to quit. I don’t think I could come back from this kind of mental warfare — this feels like a power play or some kind of mental game my boss is playing because he can. That being said, I feel like I should report him to the state board — this is an abuse of his license. Am I wrong here? Am I mistaking concern for the health of our staff for something else?

I wrote back and asked: “What do your other coworkers seem to think about this? Is your sense that there are others who would join you in pushing back on this? Also, how strong of a position are you in to quit without something lined up (in terms of finances and other job options)?”

We’re a small team of 15, so we know each other fairly well. We’re kind of split down the middle: half of us hate it and think it’s abusive at worst and a time waster at best, the rest of the staff either aren’t vocal about it or have openly said they think it’s great for team building.

I’m safely in a position where I can leave if I need to and just use my husband’s health insurance. I took this job after getting head-hunted for it and don’t want my resume to look like I’m flighty, but I also don’t feel that staying is healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

My middle name is spelled wrong on my birth certificate (like spelling it Brande rather than Brenda), but it's spelled right on my SSC. It's spelled wrong on my license, too, because after I found out about the BC, the DMV told me I HAD to spell it like it is on my BC. So anyway it has literally never been an issue, just a cute story to tell people. And then I applied for FinAid through a credentialing program and they literally DEMANDED I get a new SSC. Haha no.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mungtor posted:

This has been the best derail in a long time because it's so obviously just the micro-penis guy trying to be "guys with big dicks are terrible in bed and don't care about anybody but themselves". Holy poo poo... the only thing missing was "and I left him for a 1.5-incher and I've never been happier".

You just blew my mind like a less-endowed but attentive and giving lover

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Amnizu posted:

Same poster:

:ironicat:

can you provide links, I desperately need to see this guy's life advice

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

mungtor posted:

This has been the best derail in a long time because it's so obviously just the micro-penis guy trying to be "guys with big dicks are terrible in bed and don't care about anybody but themselves". Holy poo poo... the only thing missing was "and I left him for a 1.5-incher and I've never been happier".

Haha yeah it's just unbelievable that a man would ignore the emotional and physical state of a woman during sex and just continue until they are personally satisfied.

Here are a couple from legaladvice:

Only going to post the title of this one:
A 32 yo man picked up my 16 yo daughter from school (with her consent, obviously without mine) and they had sex shortly after. Do we have any legal recourse? [MI]

And also the makings of a great tree law post, hopefully it gets updates:

Neighbor cut down century old Oak tree on our property. [LA]

quote:

Good afternoon r/legaladvice I need some assistance. Over the course of the past week my family and I have been out of state due to a family matter, while we were gone our neighbor decided to remove a 130+ year old oak tree that is on my property but is near his as well. The tree’s branch’s does not hang over anything of his (buildings, fences, etc) and does not effect any of his piping with the trees roots. The stump is still there and I have the businesses name and phone number that was contracted to cut down the tree. Any advice will be appreciated

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Willfrey posted:

Thats fuckin impossible

I don't think there are hard and fast rules. Ultimately, the cookie mom/dad is responsible for paying the council whatever they owe for the boxes they take possession of. I don't know that I would give a stranger money up front but door to door isn't really a thing anymore.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Yea, whenever I get girlscout cookies it's because they've set up a stand at the entrance of the grocery store.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

Xik posted:

Haha yeah it's just unbelievable that a man would ignore the emotional and physical state of a woman during sex and just continue until they are personally satisfied.

Haha yeah... just like women are completely unable to communicate their discomfort, say "stop", or have an actual conversation because they're just dumb broads. But what are you gonna do, they gotta have that horse cock, amirite?

quote:

. He was bad at kissing, bad at foreplay, bad at sex. I know from my experiences and those of friends that well endowed guys are typically subpar in bed, but he said he's slept with 8 girls before me! How can someone be so clueless after 8 partners?

He's even fixated on the number 8.... as in the 8" he wishes he had. It's bullshit.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

god drat that's hosed up

even moreso than a grown rear end woman too dumb to just go ahead and call herself "Allison" without getting a federal permission slip first

writing the wrong name on the wrong state form can have Disastrous Legal Implications.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Penis size is inversely proportional to emotional intelligence. Once you hit the 10"+ range you are basically Data. This is also a good way to find the well endowed men at gay bars, they do not use contractions.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
*feverishly writing down the gay secrets*

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

cumshitter posted:

Penis size is inversely proportional to emotional intelligence. Once you hit the 10"+ range you are basically Data. This is also a good way to find the well endowed men at gay bars, they do not use contractions.

Obviously this only applies to verbal communication.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Leon Einstein posted:

Obviously this only applies to verbal communication.

You're the only person who communicates through farts, LE.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

cumshitter posted:

This is also a good way to find the well endowed men at gay bars, they do not use contractions.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

You're the only person who communicates through farts, LE.
cumshitter is right here dude

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Splicer posted:

Have you ever tried to talk with your mouth full

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Blade Runner posted:

Have you ever tried to talk with your mouth full

Once.

Splicer posted:

gays don't fart they quip

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My (27M) girlfriends (27F) grandfather's dying wish was for her to dump me.

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other off and on for about two years. Last night my girlfriend told me that her grandpa told her family "And tell my granddaughter to stay away from that man from California" on his death bed right before he died. I am from California and the reference was clearly directed towards me. It was one of the last things he said before he died.

My girlfriend and I have a rocky relationship. Recently she hit me over the head with a picture frame while I was brushing my teeth. It was an isolated incident and I forgive her for it. I want our relationship to work. I think I'm a good boyfriend but I admit I'm not super good at communicating and I drink and smoke weed after work. My girlfriend is from Oklahoma and I'm from California. In her culture smoking weed and drinking is considered "white trash". In California it's normal to have 2 beers and a joint after work.

I'm willing to look past her domestically abusing me and her complaining of my boozing... I can't handle that her family has such a low opinion of me. I've been super cool with them. I didn't realize her bad mouthing me got as bad as it did. I don't think she's venting to her family. I think she's exaggerating and making me sound like a dick head. How do I get past this? Am I disrespecting her dead grandfather by continuing to see her? Sex is weird now. The idea of her grandfather rolling over in his grave popped up into my mind last night as we were getting intimate. Is this fucker gonna haunt me?

tl;dr My girlfriend's grandfather requested she breakup with me before he died. My girlfriend has been badmouthing me to her family. I don't know what to do.

Lol owned from beyond the grave, but also he should dump her post haste.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

writing the wrong name on the wrong state form can have Disastrous Legal Implications.

I'm pretty sure you're like 50,000x less likely to wind up in jail for writing your name as Allison when some form somewhere dictates that it has an extra space in the middle your normal-rear end WASP name than they are for you having your first name absolutely, flawlessly typo-free everywhere it's ever been recorded and it's Hassan

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 21, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

I'm pretty sure you're like 50,000x less likely to wind up in jail for writing your name as Allison when there's a form somewhere that says it's actually Al lison than they are for having your first name absolutely, flawlessly typo-free everywhere it's ever been recorded and it's Hassan

sure yeah whatever but here's the other issue: Allison Lastname at SSN XXX-XX-XXX has no credit history. Al Lison Lastname at that same SSN has a credit history. You, landlord, unaware of the situation, assume this person is attempting some kind of Highwayman Trickery, and have them locked up in Guantanamo where they're crammed full of fish eggs and forced to birth horrible wriggling atrocities once a fortnight, till they are but gibbering, broken things.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

neat, chuck palahniuk is workshopping a sequel to guts

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the fish egg treatment is kinda overblown tbqh, I do it all the time myself it helps exfoliate your colon

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
a foot peel but for a man's calloused and chapped boi-hole

edit- this isn't the toxic masculinity thread.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

sure yeah whatever but here's the other issue: Allison Lastname at SSN XXX-XX-XXX has no credit history. Al Lison Lastname at that same SSN has a credit history. You, landlord, unaware of the situation, assume this person is attempting some kind of Highwayman Trickery, and have them locked up in Guantanamo where they're crammed full of fish eggs and forced to birth horrible wriggling atrocities once a fortnight, till they are but gibbering, broken things.

I was only there for like three days quit exaggerating

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
[Vancouver, British Columbia] How can I (31/F) cope with angry woman (36/F) who alleges I had an affair in place I've never been to and is insistent I am not in her kids' lives?
I had a woman come to my house last week, out of the blue.

quote:

She was wearing official ID and dressed in a suit, had some ID badge with official "Social Services ID", and turned up at my house, said she had something I needed to discuss with her.

What she said she'd found out I was the "other woman" and wants me to never have contact with her kids again and says if I contact her kids or husband again, she'll call the police.

She alleges I had an affair with her husband for the past 5 years, claims I romanced him in Dallas and Houston, and that I let him wear her bikinis (she even showed me photos of this supposed affair, with him wearing a bikini).

The woman also told me that she's a social worker in Texas in a major city there and that I was an idiot for being with her husband.

Here's the thing; I've never met this woman's husband, and never been to Texas either. How could this have happened?

The woman had flew all the way from Texas to my neighborhood here in British Columbia.

I politely told her that there's no such affair, I've been in a committed relationship for four years, but she insisted my relationship was fake and told me I was mad.

My boyfriend was working away that week in Ontario on business and doesn't know.

She also alleges her husband wore my bikini and showed me an Instagram photo on her iPhone - it looked too fake, as if it was Photoshopped. I suspect she'd stolen a photo I'd taken on Instagram and photoshopped her husband in, it looked very Photoshop-y. I could clearly tell it was my bedroom in the photo due to a distinctive owl mini-statue I'd got for my 21st birthday (my mom bought me that).

Eventually, I threw the woman out, but she yelled at me, "I'll see you in court. The divorce courts that is, for ruining my marriage. gently caress you, bitch. You're worse than Ava Max, the sweet psycho girl. loving psychotic bitches like you and Ava Max should go to hell"

I've had worries since this, how did she get my address? I try carefully not to post too much on Instagram, but I'm also a public figure by nature of my job as social media manager and writer for a small blog in my city (popular on social media).

Why would a woman travel from Texas to my neighborhood just for this? Especially a social worker.

I haven't told my boyfriend and don't know how to without worrying about what he'll think.

Please just help me. I don't know what the hell to do.

TL;DR: Angry woman turned up at my house and alleges non-existent affair.

Amnizu
Nov 3, 2003

TELL ME WHY HILLARY INJECTED A MARIJUANA

can you provide links, I desperately need to see this guy's life advice

Sadly, the post has no text, just the title: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/at7d70/had_a_gpa_of_19_in_hs_and_now_in_my_last_year_of/
But he did reply that his masters is in Accounting (lol).

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blade Runner posted:

Again, she told him she was willing to do it again but she wanted more foreplay, which he 100% did make an inept and worthless attempt at

She didn't ask him to stop and explicitly mentions that she doesn't really blame him because she didn't ask him to stop

The man is obviously a moron who traded in his ability to comprehend hints and to even try and gently caress well in order to get a lead pipe for a dick, but there's nothing at all that indicates he did anything intentional on the level of sexual abuse, which is what was being claimed, and it's a bit extreme

It's very likely it wasn't actual alimony, it was just him giving her money while they lived together

I meant that she asked him not to pound as hard as he can, the way he did the first time. He then did that again. Not that she asked him not to gently caress again.

mungtor posted:

Haha yeah... just like women are completely unable to communicate their discomfort, say "stop", or have an actual conversation because they're just dumb broads. But what are you gonna do, they gotta have that horse cock, amirite?

He's even fixated on the number 8.... as in 8" he wishes he had. It's bullshit.

lmfao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for firing employee of 20+ years for calling my niece "Princess"

My niece is kind of... a useless intern at the moment. She was super sheltered by her mother, my brother travels for work... so she has no real life skills.

I own a business and took Ally [18] under my wing. She lives in my basement apartment [I live above her] and I am pretty much building an adult from the ground up. Everything from how to dress in the workplace to how to use a computer properly outside of Facebook and Instagram.

It's working. It's just frustrating for Ally because she should know a lot of this stuff. But her mom is very, very controlling. I expect I am going to do this with my other niece Savannah when she graduates in a few years.

But it's working out well. Ally is going to start community college in September. But until then I am having her sit in my office and do various small tasks, take an online Microsoft Word tutorial, and catch up on various life goals.

I have been running my own business for six years now. I took it over from my Mother when she retired. My brother has no interest in the business, though he was offered some stake.

My mother ran the business for 37 years before I took it over. She hired a woman named Belladonna [54F] who has worked there for 24 years. As such, Belladonna feels she is pillar for the company and has asked to become a manager. She has tried to take on managerial roles before, but I wouldn't give her that job if someone paid me.

She is a little snarky, but I had no issue with it. Until I caught her calling Ally "Cinderella" and "Princess." She was also ordering Ally to get her coffee. When Ally said she was working on something, Belladonna told her "well, I guess you just sit down and do nothing then."
I fired her on the spot.

My Mother thinks I was an rear end in a top hat for doing that. But I don't tolerate people who think being older means they have a right to be snarky. I told people what Ally was doing at the job, and that she was not an intern. She was simply my niece assisting me on stuff I needed help with.
AITA?

Shitposting while I catch up on the last...uh, thousand? posts.

Good luck on the job search, Spinster.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

You just blew my mind like a less-endowed but attentive and giving lover

Remember the ol saying,

Big as an arm? Will cause you harm
Small as a wick? Now thats a nice dick

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
scare off future settlers from living near radioactive areas by breeding a race of radiation-resistant huge dicked fucklords who glow with radiation and teach children rhymes about the huge dicked glowing radioactive mutants that live near the place without honor, such that it becomes folklore long after the knowledge of science has fled the lands

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

Remember the ol saying,

Big as an arm? Will cause you harm
Small as a wick? Now thats a nice dick

I thought it was the rule of thumb.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if that were the case only you could beat off though

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

scare off future settlers from living near radioactive areas by breeding a race of radiation-resistant huge dicked fucklords who glow with radiation and teach children rhymes about the huge dicked glowing radioactive mutants that live near the place without honor, such that it becomes folklore long after the knowledge of science has fled the lands

Pretty sure this is a Piers Anthony story... maybe the 6th Xanth book or something.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

mungtor posted:

She’s complaining about 1 idiot person.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

She’s complaining about 1 idiot person.

No.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=4134#post492779701

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
[SERIOUS] I (26m) can't handle being a single parent. Should I give my daughter (3f) up for adoption?

(self.relationship_advice)
submitted 9 hours ago * by nkjk098

quote:

My girlfriend passed away two years ago unexpectedly. It was all far to quick for me to process. We were both estranged from our parents. It was hard work raising our child together but we were happy. I just can't cope anymore. I'm finding it too difficult to raise a child on my own. I work all day with two different jobs, most of that going on childcare. I spend maybe a few hours a day with her before I put her to bed. I'm ashamed to say, I don't know if I want her. I love her but I just can't handle all this pressure on my own.

If anyone has been in a similar situation, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Edit: Thank you for all the comments and replies. I am so grateful for all the support. The advice you have provided is amazing.

It really looks like OP is only considering this for financial reasons.

I'm in debt because of I can't afford to provide the basic necessities for my daughter. I live off paychecks and take cash in hand jobs. I skip meals. I don't regret any of it. I would take a bullet for her. This is a really hurtful comment. I just want her to have a better childhood than I did.

Edit:

I'm ashamed to say, I don't know if I want her.

I want to clarify this. I don't know if I will be a good dad. I'm not the model dad. No real education and a criminal record to my name. I think I'm still depressed and I can't get over the fact that my other half is not here with me. I am going to act on the advice and get some therapy. However, I am still not sure if I can raise her.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sounds like a sad dude :smithfrog:

hope he just bumbles along like every clueless idiot that raises a child but does it with love

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

CheesyDog posted:

[SERIOUS] I (26m) can't handle being a single parent. Should I give my daughter (3f) up for adoption?

(self.relationship_advice)
submitted 9 hours ago * by nkjk098

"I can't get over the fact that my other half is not here, but I definitely want to get rid of the last connection I have to her."

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Bogus Adventure posted:

"I can't get over the fact that my other half is not here, but I definitely want to get rid of the last connection I have to her."

That's pretty harsh, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Bogus Adventure posted:

You're an rear end in a top hat and this is a gross misrepresentation.