Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cabbit posted:

I swear to God that's David Otunga on the left. I wonder if he called Vince McMahon and asked him to send some wrestlers over to fill the place up.

Its Darrell Scott, a "pastor" of some kind of small non-denominational church who is basically a Trump employee who runs around talking about all the black pastors and people who love Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
He probably brought b dubs

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

McCabe did a radio interview with the CBC

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Holy crap Maddow is doing a bonus episode of Bag Man

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Wylie posted:

Holy crap Maddow is doing a bonus episode of Bag Man

Yeah, its kinda interesting

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Wylie posted:

Maddow implied pretty hard a couple nights ago that Mueller backed off Deutsche Bank a while back because Trump pitched a hissy when it came out that they were being subpoenaed.

Thanks! Not sure if Maddow implying something about Trump pitching a hissy fit matters though.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

ozmunkeh posted:

siamese dream is the album nirvana wished they could have made
OK this was so many pages ago and the 90s music derail is long gone but gently caress if I'm going to let this dogshit revisionist take stand. Nirvana wanted to make punk rock. Nirvana wanted to make noise rock. Nirvana had no goddamn interest in making a bloated psychedelic-shoegaze album. Kurt loving hated that poo poo.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
:catstare:

Former VP Agnew tried to get the Saudi Royal family to pay for propaganda in the US to bad mouth jews, and blames them for him having to resign.

Holy poo poo, this reads like a David Duke screed

And the Saudis gave him 2 mil in 1980 to help bankroll it

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 22, 2019

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

The Sean posted:

Speaking of that bonus, that's from Killer Mike's Trigger Warning on Netflix. Pro watch and very USPOL. I'll segue that, too, for another pro watch since Killer Mike is in the first ep. Around the Way is a great Hulu show that started to air in black history month about the black history (aka history) of various American towns. Stacey Abrams is also featured in the Atlanta episode.

Trigger Warning is indeed fantastic.

As for another political show, Hate Thy Neighbor is also fantastic. Black British comedian goes on a tour of hateful (or strange) communities and interviews members for like a week at a time.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Otteration posted:

Thanks! Not sure if Maddow implying something about Trump pitching a hissy fit matters though.

I don't think there is anything solid supporting what that person said, just that deutche bank has been shady as gently caress and it appears he didn't focus much on them. But we really have no loving idea, they could have just given him everything with no fight and we'd have never heard about it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I wonder if this is tied to that announcement from Macron.

I'm also curious about the sourcing- it definitely benefits Netanyahu in this moment.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

So to recap: in 1980, Spiro Agnew asked the Saudis for a 3 year, interest-free loan for 2 million dollars so he could "fight the Zionist menace," and they apparently gave it to him.

Oh also Bush 41 asked Agnew for advice during the 88 election.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Really excited to see the support for reparations and its pretty awesome that women candidates are paving the way for this issue to actually get any sort of attention.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Looks like Maddow is teasing something that contradicts the existing DOJ policy about presidents being immune from being indicted

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Country used to be about being a working class guy standing up to the man but somewhere along the line it morphed into unabashed jingoistic trash.

The transition was Garth Brooks.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

ZypherIM posted:

I don't think there is anything solid supporting what that person said, just that deutche bank has been shady as gently caress and it appears he didn't focus much on them. But we really have no loving idea, they could have just given him everything with no fight and we'd have never heard about it.

The Deutche Bank evidence is shady as gently caress, and I hope someone prosecutes that poo poo too, but not sure it's in Mueller's prerogative right now. The special council might have a full docket, as it is. Willing to be corrected or redirected. :)

Crimes, crimes, crimes!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Quabzor posted:

Trigger Warning is indeed fantastic.

As for another political show, Hate Thy Neighbor is also fantastic. Black British comedian goes on a tour of hateful (or strange) communities and interviews members for like a week at a time.

So I'm guessing the special isn't about out of control blue haired college kids?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

The Glumslinger posted:

Looks like Maddow is teasing something that contradicts the existing DOJ policy about presidents being immune from being indicted

How do you think that's going to pan out

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Is all this Agnew stuff coming from Maddow? This thread has become more confusing than normal.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yea, still gonna give Smollett the benefit of the doubt here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Is all this Agnew stuff coming from Maddow? This thread has become more confusing than normal.

Yeah, she's doing a "special report" digging into old documents and stuff tonight. I've only half paid attention.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Enkmar posted:

How do you think that's going to pan out

Surely Trumps DOJ cronies will see the light and arrest him immediately/

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

If the Chicago Police Department and/or parties helpful to them set the whole thing up, burn them all to the ground forever.

If Smollett set this whole thing up, I hope he gets some seriously needed help.

ETA: The CPD might be do for a bunch of protest no matter how this particular case turns out.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 22, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

What’s to tease? There’s nothing in the constitution about it. The obstacle is political.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007
New election ordered in North Carolina congressional district nine due to ballot fraud —

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/us/mark-harris-nc-voter-fraud.html

And sorry about the plain link, how do you guys get these embedded things to pop up with a picture and preview?

Cocoa Ninja fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 22, 2019

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hollismason posted:

Yes. You know, Jared Leto was chided quite a bit for his method acting, but maybe Smollet is getting ridiculed so much more because of his skin color? It doesn’t seem right

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Yes. She did a podcast last year called Bag Man that looked at how Agnew was removed from office during Watergate in his own mini parallel Watergate, and it turned out there were a lot of parallels between Agnew and Trump when it came to crimes. She’s apparently gotten a fuckton more documents and testimony from the experts and prosecutors she consulted for Bag Man especially in relation to the question of whether a POTUS can be criminally indicted so she’s doing a special tonight in advance of the Mueller Report dropping.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

My Twitter Account posted:

OK this was so many pages ago and the 90s music derail is long gone but gently caress if I'm going to let this dogshit revisionist take stand. Nirvana wanted to make punk rock. Nirvana wanted to make noise rock. Nirvana had no goddamn interest in making a bloated psychedelic-shoegaze album. Kurt loving hated that poo poo.

Cobain gave zero fucks. I'm sure he would have changed with time but it'd be funny to see him alive today and giving zero fucks about this nonsense.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Xarthor posted:

I only listen to Gregorian chants because they haven’t sold out since the 9th century.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/264763.Grunt

Hate to ruin them for you but they sold out when benadictus broke off

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Happy history reminder tax:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/complete-watergate-timeline-took-longer-realize

NOTE: An opposition party hadn't just recently pulled a Supreme Court Nomination Coup, nor successfully nominated an additional BEER! associate justice, nor shut down a significant chunk of the federal government merely to satisfy Nixon's one whim, so DECORUM was still in play, and YMMV.

BEER!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

At least we have the first trailer to Twilight Zone

https://youtu.be/29_gA_GDGvE

This is looking great! Jordan Peele is a master of horror/suspense.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/jingerbreadmin/status/1097848071189188608

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
wtf - double post

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Cocoa Ninja posted:

New election ordered in North Carolina congressional district nine due to ballot fraud —

And sorry about the plain link, how do you guys get these embedded things to pop up with a picture and preview?

Only Twitter posts (and images and youtube videos, if you don't have that turned off, I think) embed automatically. So a direct link to the article won't do it, but linking their tweet will:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1098695129886584833

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cocoa Ninja posted:

Twitter links auto-embed previews. You could find a tweet that links your article or just copy/paste a snippet in quote tags.

Edit: Er yeah, the above.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Besesoth posted:

Only Twitter posts (and images and youtube videos, if you don't have that turned off, I think) embed automatically. So a direct link to the article won't do it, but linking their tweet will:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1098695129886584833

So the criminal charges against the Republican candidate will be announced any minute now right

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Party Plane Jones posted:

how can you link all these RTJs and not link Don't Get Captured?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k7kk1lUnis

i mean poo poo it even looks snazzy

(it's this and Crown that look the best out of their music videos)

Nah, Legend Has It, Nobody Speak, and Love Again (Akinyele back) have that honor. Crown only works as a VR thing. Don't Get Captured is good, but there are a few RTJ videos I'd put above it.

Source: me, likely one of the biggest RTJ stans around these parts.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

It will be an interesting experiment on whether a campaign being visibly corrupt as poo poo is a net negative vs reduced special election turnout.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

1glitch0 posted:

Cobain gave zero fucks. I'm sure he would have changed with time but it'd be funny to see him alive today and giving zero fucks about this nonsense.

If Cobain was still with us he’d be on The Voice and guest judging Food Network’s Tiny House Halloween Wedding Cake specials and you know it. Also Status Quo > The Kinks. I mean, I could go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

ozmunkeh posted:

If Cobain was still with us he’d be on The Voice and guest judging Food Network’s Tiny House Halloween Wedding Cake specials and you know it. Also Status Quo > The Kinks. I mean, I could go on
Oh God, imagine a 52-year-old Kurt Cobain whose career followed the same trajectory as Rivers Cuomo's.