Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

the "i'm gonna getcha this time rovert" crowd needs to cool it. poo poo's tired.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

coconono posted:

the "i'm gonna getcha this time rovert" crowd needs to cool it. poo poo's tired.

https://twitter.com/bronzehammer/status/782408312730095616?lang=en

except about rovert instead of trump

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i won't stop until this subforum is deleted

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown is covered pretty heavily by Observer podcasts, just usually not on WOR because Bryan covers it with Tom (and NXT with Vinny) - since Dave's injury he has "reviewed" the show with Garrett a couple of times as well.

It's also completely valid to discuss Dave's coverage, that said:

Joey McChrist posted:

idgaf who the first person to post scoops are

Seriously, it's basically the least important thing in the world and I don't understand why people get so fired up about it. If there's a story, post it, that's really all there is to it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert had let me in the loop. im sorry rov but im going to have to scoop you here. i know you wanted to wait for a more appropriate time/venue for this.

jeff jarrett is also joining the wwe creative team for smackdown.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

STONE COLD 64 posted:

jeff jarrett is also joining the wwe creative team for smackdown.

Ban this guy for not saying Jeff Jarrett is bringing The Force to smackdown.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

coconono posted:

This is funny given that Rovert's gimmick is him constantly trying to "get" Dave.

That said, don't go after him for not breaking a story but knowing one exists. There's lots of reasons to do that, Dave does it all the time, and isn't uncommon at all. It sucks when he plays the coy, "I know something you don't know", card but sitting on information and breaking it in the right way at the right time is a part of journalism.

Regarding Dave's cultivation (or his lack) of new sources, I think that a natural product of him being knowledgeable about the past and spending time and effort reliving it. For the Observer as an entity it would be good if they had some new guy that was more connected to the younger wrestling scene but there's a TMZ aspect of it as well that I think we're better off without because of that, too.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The younger scene seems to get on with Dave just fine. The only scene that doesn't is explicitly not allowed to talk to him publicly or is the group who are forbidding it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does Arn Anderson have a podcast? spinning a yarn with arn.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

This is funny given that Rovert's gimmick is him constantly trying to "get" Dave.

That said, don't go after him for not breaking a story but knowing one exists. There's lots of reasons to do that, Dave does it all the time, and isn't uncommon at all. It sucks when he plays the coy, "I know something you don't know", card but sitting on information and breaking it in the right way at the right time is a part of journalism.

Regarding Dave's cultivation (or his lack) of new sources, I think that a natural product of him being knowledgeable about the past and spending time and effort reliving it. For the Observer as an entity it would be good if they had some new guy that was more connected to the younger wrestling scene but there's a TMZ aspect of it as well that I think we're better off without because of that, too.

There's no gimmick. Everyone is open to criticism.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

does Arn Anderson have a podcast? spinning a yarn with arn.

Shittin’ in the Barn with Arn

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What In T-Arn-ation

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Arn’dt You Glad I Didn’t Say Ole

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

rovert posted:

There's no gimmick. Everyone is open to criticism.
"If Meltzer is a journalist, why isn't he reporting on this inside information he should have?"
"What's the story?"
"I'm sorry, as a journalist I cannot divulge this information."

sure feels like something even if it is not a "gimmick"

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
arnal knowledge

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
My Spot with Arn Anderson

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Scissor Sisters featuring Arn Anderson and Sid

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
AA with AA: Boozebuster

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1099037454512807937

:ohdear: That poor couch!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Did they let Tom bring the MLW belt?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I personally find F4D when Tom is on quite a bit more entertaining than listening to Meltzer and Bryan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

remusclaw posted:

The younger scene seems to get on with Dave just fine. The only scene that doesn't is explicitly not allowed to talk to him publicly or is the group who are forbidding it.

Yeah, even if they brought in the world's best journalist who for whatever reason decided,"gently caress it, I'm gonna work for the Observer now", it wouldn't make any difference because WWE people are forbidden from appearing on their shows or openly talking with them. The only exception is for the 1-2 guys in a strong enough position to ignore that (Jericho, basically) or when they do a runaround by having a book publisher arrange an interview as a 3rd party, which is how they got to interview Daniel Bryan and Charlotte Flair the last few years. Or when Dave does the NXT Conference calls with HHH because those are completely open to the media.

The wrestlers and behind the scenes people still talk to them, they just aren't allowed to do it openly. Bryan actually brought up a crazy story the other day about how he was trying to figure out a way to disguise/fake a guy's voice so he could call in and talk on the show without outing himself to WWE, but they finally made the smart call that this wasn't going to work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Have them be The Masked Superstar, and have Bill Eadie listening to the call and repeating what the WWE guy says.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dave's sources are like steroids: you know who does it, but you can't tell who who doesn't do it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

Dave's sources are like steroids

Bruno Sammartino is disgusted by them? :ohdear:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So this post aged well between the Corino and Arn news

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838843&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=165#post492768746

Corino's ascension and influence being removed from the Observer and Torch has been baffling to me. It is like they have no NXT sources or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey don't take this the wrong way, but I'm reading those back and I think it's either a typo in one of your previous posts or maybe (more likely) a lack of reading comprehension on my behalf. It reads like you're saying the Observer Newsletter is full of information on changes in WWE production, but then you continue on talking about how the Observer (and the Torch) doesn't seem to have any sources and is missing out on stories including the changes in production.

rovert posted:

There have been lots of internal changes in the company Creatively the last 2 months that hasn't be reported.

rovert posted:

Meltzer has reported why WWE has taken on so many producers and what WWE's succession plan is.

Just trying to figure out exactly what you're saying, sorry.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Im gonna take a stab but i think he's saying

It's the wall brother

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Hey don't take this the wrong way, but I'm reading those back and I think it's either a typo in one of your previous posts or maybe (more likely) a lack of reading comprehension on my behalf. It reads like you're saying the Observer Newsletter is full of information on changes in WWE production, but then you continue on talking about how the Observer (and the Torch) doesn't seem to have any sources and is missing out on stories including the changes in production.

It was a typo because he's jerking himself off all over twitter and on here about Dave not having it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

Im gonna take a stab but i think he's saying

It's the wall brother

Well if he wants some.... COME GET SOME!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was a typo because he's jerking himself off all over twitter and on here about Dave not having it.

Yep, that's exactly it.

Jerusalem posted:

Has is clearly hasn't.

Where has Corino's influence has ever been talked or written about by the Observer or Torch?

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 23, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just rarely see anything about/from the Torch these days in general tbh

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
What else do you call "oh boy oh boy I got big info this week. Oh man I wanna share it but I can't. Tee hee". Just shut the gently caress up or post the scoop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Has is clearly hasn't.

Where has Corino's influence has ever been talked or written about by the Observer or Torch?

I wasn't saying you were lying dude, I was just confused about exactly what you were saying.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tato posted:

What else do you call "oh boy oh boy I got big info this week. Oh man I wanna share it but I can't. Tee hee". Just shut the gently caress up or post the scoop.

I am with you man.

Jerusalem posted:

I wasn't saying you were lying dude, I was just confused about exactly what you were saying.

Sorry for the typo. Meltzer would never.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Actually he frequently makes typos... why you've never even READ an Observer newsletter! :aaa:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

rovert posted:

I am with you man.

It's all good, love ya rovert. The scoops will flow in good time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The new Dune movie is gonna replace the spice with copies of the Observer in a fannypack.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I think it's been showing that Dave's biggest sources of reportable wrestling backstage news are in the midst of doing a ton of work to set up a new hopefully major promotion, and don't have much to say that wouldn't sweep their own feet out from under them or take time away from building a business.

Maybe the newer people coming through NXT just don't care that much about getting news to him? I can't imagine he's getting out there and making connections on the indies before they go as much as he used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Dave needs to learn how to slide into DMs. Catch up old man.