Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tahirovic posted:

Goblin packs are a normal rift thing while Bandit Shrines are bounty (open world) exclusives.

They are mostly great if you get good blue goblins from them anyway. And I am not sure if shrines can contain Rainbow gobs.

I think it’s possible but either very low chance or capped at one. I know I’ve got vaults from bandit shrines more than once, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The only time you'll ever find a bandit shrine is when you're in a public bounties game and some dumbshit activates it without warning and you're in the middle of a boss fight and can't get to it in time.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
These days I use the teleport shoulders for bounty games, for a reason.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
So I recently got the Switch version and I've fallen back in love with this game after casually playing it on PS4 a couple years ago. I started a Demon Hunter on solo campaign/adventure just to get my feet wet again, but I'm now ready for more. I've never played seasons before, is that pretty much the way to play now? Is it too late to start this season new? Also, do I need a Switch online subscription to fully enjoy playing a season?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

BisterdDave posted:

So I recently got the Switch version and I've fallen back in love with this game after casually playing it on PS4 a couple years ago. I started a Demon Hunter on solo campaign/adventure just to get my feet wet again, but I'm now ready for more. I've never played seasons before, is that pretty much the way to play now? Is it too late to start this season new? Also, do I need a Switch online subscription to fully enjoy playing a season?

No it's not too late at all, I don't know about the switch online stuff though.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Nah, you don’t need the switch online to really have fun.

It’s good if you want to play with other folks, and if you have it one of us Switch goons can powerlevel you, but you don’t NEED it. I have it and aside from playing with a few specific people, I generally play offline.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You need an online Nintendo account to start a character in seasons but you don’t need to be online 100% to play seasons.

You 100% want to be in seasons doing adventure mode.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh really? Guess I didn’t notice

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Star Man posted:

The only time you'll ever find a bandit shrine is when you're in a public bounties game and some dumbshit activates it without warning and you're in the middle of a boss fight and can't get to it in time.

Nah. I found 2 on Tuesday, playing solo.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I found the gibbering stone by chance so I decided to hunt down the rest of that recipe.
Now I can’t get the recipe to drop.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

I found the gibbering stone by chance so I decided to hunt down the rest of that recipe.

Yeah, he's a rear end when it comes to dropping it.

Both that, and the Gibbering Gemstone, are the hardest to get the RNG to drop. One takes a little effort, but the other takes forever.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Snacksmaniac posted:

I've been hunting the stone for months. I have at least 2 of everything else and the recipe :whitewater:

I started a WW barb for fun and got three bovine bardiches as natural drops in 24 hours.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

euphronius posted:

You need an online Nintendo account to start a character in seasons but you don’t need to be online 100% to play seasons.

Well poo poo, looks like I'm finally getting an online sub then. Thanks for the info!

Also, when starting a new season character solo, should I start with the campaign and rush through to level up and get basic gear, or should I just jump right into adventure mode?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You don’t need a sub, you just need an account.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

BisterdDave posted:

Also, when starting a new season character solo, should I start with the campaign and rush through to level up and get basic gear, or should I just jump right into adventure mode?

You'll level faster in Adventure Mode most likely but you can do either.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do at least one set of all bounties because you need the bounty mats for the season journey. You will probably need to do 2-3 sets actually.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Just to clarify your switch needs be connected to the internet to start a character but you don’t need the Nintendo online service at all.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BisterdDave posted:

Well poo poo, looks like I'm finally getting an online sub then. Thanks for the info!

You should get one for Tetris 99 anyway.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
RIP DiabloFans

https://www.diablofans.com/news/49102-diablofans-says-farewell

quote:

It is with great sadness that I must announce the closure of DiabloFans. Our site has been a pillar of the Diablo community for many years, but due to the fading interest in current Diablo products and business realities for Curse, it is time for DiabloFans to say farewell.

On March 21st, DiabloFans will be transitioned into Archive Mode. Users will still be able to view content on the site while it is archived, but will be unable to create or edit any existing builds or posts on the site.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Hope someone makes a workalike build tool, d3planner is too complicated

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

drat, that sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dang, that sucks big time, DiabloFans was a great site. But with Diablo 4 no where in sight, Blizzard putting D3 into maintenance mode, and Diablo Immortal being a stillbirth; I agree with the decision that shutting the site down is necessary financially.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I just hope they either keep the servers for d3 on forever like for d2 or that when they kill it, they patch it so it can run entirely clientaide. Even if it's just single player. I was so bummed when Marvel Heroes got scrapped and is just loving gone no matter what you do. You can't play that game anymore and it's sad.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Well.... gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

I just hope they either keep the servers for d3 on forever like for d2 or that when they kill it, they patch it so it can run entirely clientaide. Even if it's just single player. I was so bummed when Marvel Heroes got scrapped and is just loving gone no matter what you do. You can't play that game anymore and it's sad.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but Diablo III isn't going anywhere. DiabloFans.com is shutting down, but Diablo 3 probably isn't far behind with the way things are going at Blizzard. :P

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Oh sure I just mean in ten years or whenever the company decides it is no longer worthwhile to keep the servers

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can still play Diablo 1 on Battle.net, D3 isn't going to go anywhere.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I'm not worried I'm just interested in the eventuality whether it's near future or 2119 and dweebazoid academics are the only people who want to access it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anyone playing necro this season? I just geared one and it seems a lot harder than last season. Buffs got me spoiled.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
"business realities for Curse" I didn't realize hosting a wiki was a major financial commitment for a networked backed by–

Oh apparently Wikia just recently bought them from Amazon

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

"business realities for Curse" I didn't realize hosting a wiki was a major financial commitment for a networked backed by–

Oh apparently Wikia just recently bought them from Amazon

Yeah shutting it down just exposes it as a corporate project not a community project.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Snacksmaniac posted:

Anyone playing necro this season? I just geared one and it seems a lot harder than last season. Buffs got me spoiled.

I started as necro. Tried various flavours of tragoul & rathmas.

It was quite terrible for anything challenging while solo - ludicrous damage, but too squishy, and either horribly reliant on cooldowns, or non-regenerating essence, and the cheat death passive just screws you if minions are important.

The inarius grim scythe generator build is ok, if not very powerful. Really good for T13 farming though, and it gives no fucks about cooldowns or essence, and deliberately kills minions as fast as possible:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/generator-necromancer-speed-farming-variation

I used that to get DBs & shards to gear up a wizard. Have no regrets.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

The console versions are fully playable offline

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was messing around with Inna’s Tempest Rush this morning and was surprised by how sturdy it was. Cleared a GR90 in no time with crap gear. Further experimentation is needed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got back into this game after a goon friend got me the Reaper of Souls expansion when they saw me trying to play lvl 60 legacy character poo poo like an idiot.
Rebirthed some characters and just deleted some others to reroll them for this season. Feels like I'm playing a top-down clicker version of DOOM 2016 now with these set bonuses just ripping and tearing through Rifts. :black101:

My strongest character so far is a Thorns Crusader, ended up gearing him with stuff someone I was powerleveling said was a hybrid of a legacy 'eternal horseman' build and thorns. Was using the set 2H flail and shield with a mix of Light and Invoker. The Light set helm and shoulders are amazing, they make the crusader into a Black Templar or Legion of the Damned :vomarine:.
Focused it down to the current favored Thorns setupI found on Diablofans site but I have the previous setup saved in the armory. Nothing like riding a horse through hell while dragging demons to death in circles around their pals. :black101: :horse:

Though I do kinda feel stuck in between Torment 12 and 13. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but 12 and a few notches above is cake and a half but 13 is a brick wall. :gibs:

And that gif for Demeon Hunter in the op :popeye: , first set bonus I got was to Impale. I paired that with ALL THE PETS, 3 wolves and sentry guns that when they shoot beesarrows at you they also shoot knives at you. :ese:

I like this game now WAAAAAAY more than I ever did before.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm not worried I'm just interested in the eventuality whether it's near future or 2119 and dweebazoid academics are the only people who want to access it.

There is still a community playing Diablo 2, there's even a overhaul mod that looks really cool. Saw someone streaming it and decided to try it out...

- but when I dug out my Diablo 3 collectors edition soulstone usb thing with D2 on it I had, in the years between buying it and now, misplaced the D2 and Lord of Destruction keys :suicide:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 22, 2019

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

- but when I dug out my Diablo 3 collectors edition soulstone usb thing with D2 on it I had, in the years between buying it and now, misplaced the D2 and Lord of Destruction keys :suicide:

Is the key listed here for you? https://account.blizzard.com/games It is for mine

e: both keys are, I mean

5er
Jun 1, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

I was messing around with Inna’s Tempest Rush this morning and was surprised by how sturdy it was. Cleared a GR90 in no time with crap gear. Further experimentation is needed.

Intriguing! I'm gambling up on a monk, trying to get into a good ol' SWK build, and of course the desire sensor being what it is, I'm up to 6pc Innas already with only 2pc of SWK. It'll go faster if I can run T13's quickly, and ~GR60's for shards. What build have you been following, if I may ask?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Holy crap, set bonuses make such a crazy difference. I was dicking around with 2 set bonus for the falling sword + blessed hammer build and I did okay, was soloing GR25 comfortably; it was hard but doable. I got 4 pieces of the roland set and I can do GR33 easily.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

5er posted:

Intriguing! I'm gambling up on a monk, trying to get into a good ol' SWK build, and of course the desire sensor being what it is, I'm up to 6pc Innas already with only 2pc of SWK. It'll go faster if I can run T13's quickly, and ~GR60's for shards. What build have you been following, if I may ask?

If you have 6pc Innas then you need to play I6 Bell monk. Without even having ancient gear you'll clear a 100.

I was yalking to WolfCryer at the start of the season and he told me that he got his first 104 with only one ancient weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

myron cope posted:

Is the key listed here for you? https://account.blizzard.com/games It is for mine

e: both keys are, I mean

Nope!
At least I still have the soundtrack, artbook and other useless crap.

e;
Addendum: My thorns crusader can do everything in Torment 13, bounties, rifts and the greater rifts. It's the hike up beyond that that's killing me.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 22, 2019