Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I thought they said this would be in at launch.

Well yeah, it hasn't actually launched yet. The game is still in beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

WILD APPALACHIA
RELEASE: SPRING 2019
New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
They kinda already have all the tapes and this just sounds like a daily thing of go kill a monster.
New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
Another lovely daily quest located at BFE part of the map no one goes too.
New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
This should have totally be in the game in at launch.
New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
I thought they said this would be in at launch.
New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
So basically the nuka distillers from nuka world? Kinda should have already been in the game.
New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
A new event that happens with useless masks, meh.
New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Pvp in the game is just awful.

NUCLEAR WINTER
RELEASE: SUMMER 2019
New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
This will just be warmth and wet modifiers to go with food and drink. So maybe something they could have cannibalized from mods already.
New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
Snore super duper mobs that take millions of bullets.
New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
More skills to not balance or maybe to fix their awful skills.

WASTELANDERS
RELEASE: FALL 2019
Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.
The fireworks will be wet.

lol a ton of this stuff either should have already been in at launch or was literally a part of the launch videos

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
also, that wastelanders one... are they adding npc's?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can't believe todd has saved fallout yet again

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

i flunked out posted:

lol a ton of this stuff either should have already been in at launch or was literally a part of the launch videos

So a lot of these new features are actually poo poo that should've been in the game 5 months ago? What the gently caress?

The people who are responsible for this piece of crap game truly have no shame.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Marginally more believeable then Star Citizens roadmap

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

I can't believe todd has saved fallout yet again

I'm not sure Todd even knows the game is still running, honestly

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

i flunked out posted:

also, that wastelanders one... are they adding npc's?

What does your heart tell you?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
like, it would make sense with that name and description... so no.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

When they added Christmas stuff to the atom shop they added placeholder data for Christmas until 2027 and I love that not being a round number because it really means they really expected this to run that long at some point.

"How long will the servers be up ?"
Pete Hines: "forever"

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

F76 would benefit hugely by allowing player run servers. Then folks could keep to themselves if they wanted, not need to be always online and best of all, could build things with groups of friends and keep some permanence. The idea that nothing you do matters and building stuff is pointless because when you log off it's gone is absolutely bonkers to me. That's like playing the Sims, but you have to make a new Sim every time you start the game an move them/build them a new house. Every time. What even the gently caress?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Seriously though, why is the Fall 2019 stuff greyed out? What is that supposed to indicate?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ariong posted:

Seriously though, why is the Fall 2019 stuff greyed out? What is that supposed to indicate?

its cancellable

bungie did the same thing with * in a lot of their timeline stuff for Destiny 2 saying that it MIGHT be cut (most of the things on those lists were cut)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

This heat's enough to make you wish for a nuclear winter.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

wow this is gonna shape up to be another early access success story

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
when's the release date supposed to be, i'm excited to collect all the pip boy badges and become a pip scout

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Siljmonster posted:

its cancellable

bungie did the same thing with * in a lot of their timeline stuff for Destiny 2 saying that it MIGHT be cut (most of the things on those lists were cut)

TO be Honest, Destiny didn't make me want to play Destiny 2.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

when's the release date supposed to be, i'm excited to collect all the pip boy badges and become a pip scout

Winter 2019, when it's feature rich and f2p (free 2 pipboy)

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Iron Crowned posted:

TO be Honest, Destiny didn't make me want to play Destiny 2.

Destiny 2 isn't making me want to play Destiny 2 anymore. In fact no video game is good now except Caves of Qud

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

catlord posted:

I don't remember having much issues with Mothership Zeta, beyond the "punch your way out of the cell" at the beginning with a character with no melee skills. I wanted to like Point Lookout more than I did, I still want a Fallout Louisiana after all, but by the time I got there the level scaling was absolutely hosed. Actually, why is Bethesda really bad at level scaling? Broken Steel's high level enemies were the worst, and spending minutes back-pedalling from albino radscorpions was the antithesis of fun.

Did you not have the dartgun? I always do Tenpenny Tower first so I can get it ASAP and trivialize the rest of the game

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The best plans of Todd and Pip.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vinylshadow posted:

Did you not have the dartgun? I always do Tenpenny Tower first so I can get it ASAP and trivialize the rest of the game

I had no idea there was a dartgun in the game until reading this. How does it trivialise the game?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

catlord posted:

I had no idea there was a dartgun in the game until reading this. How does it trivialise the game?

Instantly breaks the legs (it's supposed to be some kind of poison... that only affects legs?)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Similar to the legendary weapon ability to break legs in FO4. Stick that on a sub machine gun and combat is done.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Magmarashi posted:

I'm not sure Todd even knows the game is still running, honestly
“Sorry I only talk about ES: Blades and Starfield now”

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol at how much more the game will be broken by adding all this bullshit

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

LingcodKilla posted:

Similar to the legendary weapon ability to break legs in FO4. Stick that on a sub machine gun and combat is done.

I am sad the cripple modifier didn’t make it into the game. Would make sb and sbq fights more fun.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
"This game may just make the biggest comeback in the history of gaming.

The new roadmap looks amazing"

Lol. I must have high standards or something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is it good yet

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
nah

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Didn't Bethesda say that the latest bans over having too many toys were temporary? Do they think people are going to come back in a month or whenever they feel like lifting the bans?

I mean I know gamers have stockholm syndrome and can't quit their abusers but culling their playerbase and then hoping they will come back or somehow attract more customers at this point is a bit optimistic.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

What a game that shits itself when you do simple stuff needs is more content.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Plan Z posted:

What a game that shits itself when you do simple stuff needs is more content.

Also more bans for junk hording.

ZeusCannon posted:

Tei this is disingenuous and you know it. Fallout 76 cant be a home. And if it was it would delete it the moment someone else tried to enter and replace it with theirs.

And then you would get banned for duping somehow.

Also unless Anthem is also the absolute trashfire of a game that caused a 3 hour video of bugs to be created i think it comes out looking better.

poo poo its the first game in a "new" series so there isnt even a pattern to emulate. Unlike 76 where the pattern is well established and still got hosed up amazingly.

The only thing that fallout 76 has going for it over anthem is that this dumpster fire is possibly funnier.

Always remember that FO76 is a game where 99% of the features are direct ports from other Bethesda games or mods, and they still hosed it up this bad. I don't know what kind of drugs Tei is spending Todd's money on, but they must be good.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 23, 2019

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Liquid Communism posted:

I don't know what kind of drugs Tei is spending Todd's money on, but they must be good.

Tei just likes all games and wants them to be good. Hence his posts in here and the Anthem thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tei is a treiasure

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Tei just likes all games and wants them to be good. Hence his posts in here and the Anthem thread.

How come he never posts in threads about good games though

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Fallout 76: What were Tei thinking!?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fallom posted:

How come he never posts in threads about good games though

unfortunately all bad games are required by law to be 100 hours long or be a live service nightmare where you have to stay logged in at all times or you'll miss content so he just doesn't have enough time to play the good stuff

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

*Makes game in which the only point is to collect plastic spoons and broken clocks*

*Bans players for having too many plastic spoons and broken clocks*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Anyone read that there's some new Fallout pre-order listed in Amazon? Apparently it has a countdown video with a green tint or something. Maybe it's a F3 remaster.