Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Boo, I liked Ted :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

freeranger posted:

Boo, I liked Ted :(

I found Ted!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is a company that employs David Croft, Martin Brundle, and Johnny Herbert, and the first person they fire is Ted Kravitz. Lmao.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Powershift posted:

I found Ted!

They’re kinda screwed for an hour of the coverage after every race. Hang on, make it an hour shorter. Sky, I want a consultant fee for that idea.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Will Buxton is an insufferable twat from Reddit who is so uncomfortable to watch in any on-TV poo poo he does

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hexyflexy posted:

They’re kinda screwed for an hour of the coverage after every race. Hang on, make it an hour shorter. Sky, I want a consultant fee for that idea.

I want a 2 hour broadcast hosted entirely by Jenson Button with him taking a shot every 5 minutes.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Big Huski Boi posted:

This is a company that employs David Croft, Martin Brundle, and Johnny Herbert, and the first person they fire is Ted Kravitz. Lmao.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Powershift posted:

I want a 2 hour broadcast hosted entirely by Jenson Button with him taking a shot every 5 minutes.

Ah, the Hunt protocol.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll miss Ted, he at least tried to give some insight into what the teams were doing or trying to do.

Sky are way to ex-race driver heavy, it's weird as heck.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

Just give Button and Brundle one microphone like back in the Walker/Hunt days where they had to pretty much strangle one another to get use of it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Zaphod42 posted:

Now just fire Croft and we're good.
And Damon. And Martin. And Herbert.

The only proper British gentleman they have is Karun Chandhok.

Jenson Karun and Nico would genuinely be a great team I bet.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Skypad Paul is OK

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I was at the Canadian Auto Show today. Got some shots of the 2019 Racing Point livery and some F1 poo poo like a race-used Alonso helmet selling for $30k lol. Will post pictures later for no one that cares.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I knew Sky's coverage is biased against Lewis, but I didn't think they'd go so far as to give Rosberg a platform. What is even the value of his opinions on what other drivers do, considering he was worse than all of them himself? It would be like hiring Tony Blair and Jeremy Corbyn as your political pundits.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Cactrot posted:

Skypad Paul is OK

Who does the other grid walk besides Martin. There is 2 of them.

Is that Paul and Will?

Whoeever it is, keep those guys just to do the grid walk because they at least have teams and drivers talk to them.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

tuo posted:

You must make it back to pit/parq ferme, and there must be a certain amount of fuel left in the tank at any time for the FIA to test it. If you fail to do either, the time doesn't count.
That happened to Lewis in the Spainish GP in 2012 and he lost his pole and went to the back. Without that it's unlikely that Pasta would have taken his one and only win.

It wasn't the first time McLaren hosed up their fuel levels. They did the same at Canada 2010. On that occasion he was allowed to keep the pole and the team got a fine and a reprimand.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

What am I looking at here?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

Imagine employing Johnny Herbert lmao

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You should buy the Jenson Button suit and wear it and never take it off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

What am I looking at here?

Wishes of a bin man

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://www.racefans.net/2019/02/23/i-dont-want-to-be-in-that-situation-again-bottas-vows-to-come-back-fighting-in-2019/

Race Fans posted:

Having taken time during the off-season to rest, cultivate a beard and drive a World Rally Car, Bottas believes he’s put distance between himself and the bitter end to last season.

He did the racing equivalent of moving to the forest to find himself

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
What bitter end? He's got the skills of a number 2 driver and he consistently finished behind his teammate?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
But enough about Nico Rosberg prior to 2016

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is he trying to cargo cult Kimi

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thanks Ants posted:

Is he trying to cargo cult Kimi

If I remember correctly, Bottas looks up to Kimi and Kimi's not too thrilled about it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Apparently the mclaren garage had a fire after the test during some extra filming session or something. oops

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Apparently the mclaren garage had a fire after the test during some extra filming session or something. oops

Anybody have eyes on Ron?

he's probably still sabotaging them from the shadows.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Powershift posted:

Anybody have eyes on Ron?

he's probably still sabotaging them from the shadows.

Ron as the Phantom of the MTC.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Teds dead baby, Ted's dead

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Minto Took posted:

If I remember correctly, Bottas looks up to Kimi and Kimi's not too thrilled about it.

lmao

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Lets all laugh at americans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmOEgpRigXU

For fairness...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVcT07YHmU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Goddamn. Stop posting gorgeous photos in this thread

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDNfFVpvZI

I'm RoboCop, the factory is the thread, and everyone else are the posters who criticized Williams.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDNfFVpvZI

I'm RoboCop, the factory is the thread, and everyone else are the posters who criticized Williams.

Specifically I'm the fat one that screams and falls over dramatically while he shoots the person next to him

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

Specifically I'm the fat one that screams and falls over dramatically while he shoots the person next to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8mkHUsiXY

Specifically this is you trying to run me down but accidentally clicking on your own post history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8mkHUsiXY

Specifically this is you trying to run me down but accidentally clicking on your own post history

be nice xaus