Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t know the skelly horses evaporated at dawn and now I’m sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Riatsala posted:

So my partner's playing through BotW right now and came to me looking fairly distraught. She told me that she had rescued a skeleton horse from a skeleton bokoblin, and rode it around as her new mount. However, when she took it to the stables to register it, they called it a monster and wouldn't keep it. So she fed it apples until the sun rose, comforted by the fact that it got to experience being a free horse for a few minutes before it turned to dust.

I have a very sweet girlfriend.

That is v wholesome.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Played some more tonight and sheezus it took me an hour and a half wandering around Hyrule Castle proper trying not to get killed (and failing a couple times) to find the loving dock, and the shrine therein

I am bad at exploring :saddowns: but at least I got me my shield, a shrine and a bunch of other misc crap on 3 hearts, stealth gear and bloody gumption

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Riatsala posted:

So my partner's playing through BotW right now and came to me looking fairly distraught. She told me that she had rescued a skeleton horse from a skeleton bokoblin, and rode it around as her new mount. However, when she took it to the stables to register it, they called it a monster and wouldn't keep it. So she fed it apples until the sun rose, comforted by the fact that it got to experience being a free horse for a few minutes before it turned to dust.

I have a very sweet girlfriend.
I, meanwhile, having stumbled upon the horse fairy for the first time, decided immediately to take my horse that I'd had for dozens of hours and formed 100% bond with, and murder him just to see what would happen.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inferior Third Season posted:

I, meanwhile, having stumbled upon the horse fairy for the first time, decided immediately to take my horse that I'd had for dozens of hours and formed 100% bond with, and murder him just to see what would happen.

:catstare:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've done all the beasts and hit the 60 hour mark, and I'm starting to think I've found all the cool poo poo there is to find? I haven't really explored the majority of the left side of the map but it seems like it's basically just shrines and Koroks going forward.

Guess I'll do the DLC and crack on to the castle.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

I've done all the beasts and hit the 60 hour mark, and I'm starting to think I've found all the cool poo poo there is to find? I haven't really explored the majority of the left side of the map but it seems like it's basically just shrines and Koroks going forward.

Guess I'll do the DLC and crack on to the castle.

I mean you do you but unless you've been using a guide or just bullet running past everything at full speed you probably haven't seen half the things in 60 hours

Get the DLC and check the heros path

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Is there any post game content? I also just finished the fourth divine beast and could head to Hyrule Castle right now. Should I wrap things up first though?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Did you find all the Memories?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Smol posted:

Is there any post game content? I also just finished the fourth divine beast and could head to Hyrule Castle right now. Should I wrap things up first though?

There is no real post-game content. You get a star on your savefile, Kilton starts offering medals for subboss kills (Hinoxes, Moldugas, and Taluses( and the game stars the ones you've already defeated. It's also the most consequential single event in advancing enemy difficulty, but other than that the game after a completion is identical to the game before.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yo if you've been holding off on picking up the Creating a Hero book it's over 40% off on Amazon right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda...&language=en_US

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

botw is a fun great video game imho and I’m super excited to see what the team does next with this next level of game design behind them :]

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Is there anything fun to do when you're really rich? In Master Mode I'm just drowning in rare gems, but I can't think of anything interesting to do with a big pile of rupees.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

nrook posted:

Is there anything fun to do when you're really rich? In Master Mode I'm just drowning in rare gems, but I can't think of anything interesting to do with a big pile of rupees.

Upgrade armor sets?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

SeANMcBAY posted:

Upgrade armor sets?

Buy ridiculous weapons from Robbie?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they should release a postgame DLC that’s just Animal Crossing Hyrule where you build new furniture for your house/the castle and dress Ritos and Zoras up in cute little outfits

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

indigi posted:

they should release a postgame DLC that’s just Animal Crossing Hyrule where you build new furniture for your house/the castle and dress Ritos and Zoras up in cute little outfits

I'd play the hell out of that DLC

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

indigi posted:

And rebuild the wrecked houses/villages so people move in.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And farming! Big hearty truffles are too rare imo

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

indigi posted:

I would pay $60 for this.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1099125805412638720?s=21

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mameluke posted:

Hearty Durians (+4 bonus hearts) are where it's at. A tree can hold up to three of them, and Durian Trees can be found in groves. Nothing else that does four bonus hearts (Big Hearty Truffles, Hearty Bass, Hearty lizards) or five (Big Hearty Radishes) can be gathered as efficiently.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Mameluke posted:

There's that one couple you sometimes find in the woods looking for rare mushrooms and it bugs me you can't just give them some so they can open a store or something and stay off the roads so they don't always end up in trouble.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

(fake edit: unexpectedly long Twilight Princess HD thoughts)
I'm replaying Twilight Princess for the first time since release, and while there is some good stuff (namely the later dungeons), the game has some major problems that extend beyond the tutorial, which is what everyone talks about. Mainly, the entire game up until you get the Master Sword, 3+ dungeons and 10-15 hours, is kind of a joyless, semi-on rails slog. I don't think a remaster could have addressed this even if they wanted to, it would need a full remake taking a lot of creative liberties.

- Not only do the tears of light hunts suck, but those are just the capstones to lengthy sequences in which you explore each new area without color or anything interesting to do, and stuck as a wolf, before you then get to go to them "for real"
- Even in between wolf sections you can't warp and sometimes can't access large parts of the map as a human. They couldn't just rip either of the above sequences out of the game due to the plot and gameplay stuff that's threaded into them, but man they drag.
- The one thing they DID change, 12 tears instead of 16, is such a minor adjustment it barely impacts anything (you still have to go through each sequence in full, there are just a few less doodads to grab).
- I appreciate what they were trying to do with the plot, but a lot of the characterization, particularly with the early townsfolk, Ilia, and the kids (besides Malo), really falls flat, and the game would have been better off trimming that fat to let you get to the good stuff. In this way TP almost feels like a response to the popularity of Serious Story Heavy RPG's as much as a response to Wind Waker's reception.
- Not really a "problem", but the game clearly had a much stronger animal theme for a chunk of its development that got left behind, and based on the pieces still in there I would have liked to see that game.

It feels like an entirely different game once you have all of Hyrule field opened up and can freely shift between wolf and human. And at that point the dungeons get really interesting and fun too: Arbiters Grounds and Snowpeak Manor are two of the best 3d dungeons. There are also alot of quirky and fun NPC'S that fit into the Weird Zelda mold despite the game's reputation as Serious and Dark.

Finally, there are some weird annoyances that were inexplicable decisions at the time and could have been easily fixed but weren't:

- Poes can only be seen and caught at night, but there's no way to force day/night.
- Epona can only be summoned by horse grass until the end of the game.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Just give me Hyrule Snap, and put in photo quests where you have to induce specific events to happen, like a Hinox fighting a Guardian, or Cuccos attacking a Moblin, etc. And add some special unique photo ops too!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Tender Bender posted:

(fake edit: unexpectedly long Twilight Princess HD thoughts)
I'm replaying Twilight Princess for the first time since release, and while there is some good stuff (namely the later dungeons), the game has some major problems that extend beyond the tutorial, which is what everyone talks about. Mainly, the entire game up until you get the Master Sword, 3+ dungeons and 10-15 hours, is kind of a joyless, semi-on rails slog. I don't think a remaster could have addressed this even if they wanted to, it would need a full remake taking a lot of creative liberties.

- Not only do the tears of light hunts suck, but those are just the capstones to lengthy sequences in which you explore each new area without color or anything interesting to do, and stuck as a wolf, before you then get to go to them "for real"
- Even in between wolf sections you can't warp and sometimes can't access large parts of the map as a human. They couldn't just rip either of the above sequences out of the game due to the plot and gameplay stuff that's threaded into them, but man they drag.
- The one thing they DID change, 12 tears instead of 16, is such a minor adjustment it barely impacts anything (you still have to go through each sequence in full, there are just a few less doodads to grab).
- I appreciate what they were trying to do with the plot, but a lot of the characterization, particularly with the early townsfolk, Ilia, and the kids (besides Malo), really falls flat, and the game would have been better off trimming that fat to let you get to the good stuff. In this way TP almost feels like a response to the popularity of Serious Story Heavy RPG's as much as a response to Wind Waker's reception.
- Not really a "problem", but the game clearly had a much stronger animal theme for a chunk of its development that got left behind, and based on the pieces still in there I would have liked to see that game.

It feels like an entirely different game once you have all of Hyrule field opened up and can freely shift between wolf and human. And at that point the dungeons get really interesting and fun too: Arbiters Grounds and Snowpeak Manor are two of the best 3d dungeons. There are also alot of quirky and fun NPC'S that fit into the Weird Zelda mold despite the game's reputation as Serious and Dark.

Finally, there are some weird annoyances that were inexplicable decisions at the time and could have been easily fixed but weren't:

- Poes can only be seen and caught at night, but there's no way to force day/night.
- Epona can only be summoned by horse grass until the end of the game.

Yeah, the HD version really should have allowed free Link->Wolf->Link transitions the whole game outside of Twilight sections. And the night poe situation also should have been addressed.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

What about the thing where you have to learn how much each rupee is every time you load the game. Did they fix that?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

b_d posted:

What about the thing where you have to learn how much each rupee is every time you load the game. Did they fix that?

You found a mauve rupee.

That's 37 rupees.

And that's terrible.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

b_d posted:

Wasn't this a Skyward Sword bug, not Twilight Princess? In any case, I don't think the HD remaster had that kind of a problem, at least.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It was in the original release of TP as well as Skyward Sword, and they did fix that! Also just got to the temple of time and walking into its past form for the first time is still a really, really cool moment. The Forest Temple was a neat starter dungeon, Goron Mines and Lakebed were kind of too simple to be interesting, but Arbiters/Snowpeak/Temple of Time are an incredibly solid stretch of dungeons.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

It was in the original release of TP as well as Skyward Sword, and they did fix that!

Oh yeah, true, now I remember. Skyward Sword just had it even worse, what with all the bugs and monster parts and other nonsense you could collect, and you always got the info text for every one of them again after a restart.

Zat fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 24, 2019

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I got all the memories and magic robots on my side. The champions ballad seems like horseshit and I am going to give the trial of the sword an honest run next.

Also ancient cores are hard to find. I've been mauling guardians and they always drop a dozen screws/shafts/springs and never cores. What am I doing wrong?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Molybdenum posted:

I got all the memories and magic robots on my side. The champions ballad seems like horseshit and I am going to give the trial of the sword an honest run next.

Also ancient cores are hard to find. I've been mauling guardians and they always drop a dozen screws/shafts/springs and never cores. What am I doing wrong?

I found them more often from the flying guardians and walking guardians, but they're still rare as poo poo.

If you're working towards the ancient armor (and it's upgrades) at least the cavalcade of gears/shafts/etc is welcome.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Molybdenum posted:

The champion's ballad shrines, beast and final boss are really good. It's dumb that you have to do the OHKO tuning fork challenge thing first; that stuff is alright but should have been a separate challenge in case it doesn't appeal to you.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Zat posted:

Oh yeah, true, now I remember. Skyward Sword just had it even worse, what with all the bugs and monster parts and other nonsense you could collect, and you always got the info text for every one of them again after a restart.

Yea, I was convinced it was just a bug in TP, like your save file didn't include flags for having picked up rupees before, but then they repeated it in SS so who knows!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm just starting BotW and it's already got me hooked. This will keep me occupied for some time, I think.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zat posted:

I think I only turned off my console for SS like twice, which probably led to me liking the game a lot more than most.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I forgot how much the really good weapons from Hyrule Castle trivialize much of the rest of the game, at least on normal mode (wanted to try Master still but gently caress regen mechanics). Chumped all of Vah Medoh in like ten minutes, maybe one of which was on the blight.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I beat the stahlnox in Hyrule castle lockdown when I went in for that memory.

Is the hylian shield unbreakable or just really tough? Usually when I parry the guardian lasers they don't go perfectly back, they go off to the side or something and I break a lot of shields that way.

The castle seems like a pretty cool final dungeon from what I've seen.

Edit: also is there just a list of all the ingredients and how many of each need to be collected for all the armor upgrades, quests, etc. ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Tender Bender posted:

The champion's ballad shrines, beast and final boss are really good. It's dumb that you have to do the OHKO tuning fork challenge thing first; that stuff is alright but should have been a separate challenge in case it doesn't appeal to you.

I’m really bad at stealth and one hit mechanics. I tried the very first area like five times, then whipped out my stockpile of ancient arrows. THAT made it a lot of fun!

Hyrule shield is just really tough. There’s a way to get a replacement if it ever breaks though.