Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

god i wish i knew what it would be like to be such a loving guppie. just opening my mouth and swimming through sewage, completely unphased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

THS posted:

starving a nation with sanctions and then offering aid is an extremely pro good-faith move

No, it's not. It's extremely how we do though. Does it matter if it was good faith as long as people get fed?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Relevant Tangent posted:

No, it's not. It's extremely how we do though. Does it matter if it was good faith as long as people get fed?

yea because we’re gonna loving kill them you goddamn moron

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

depends, can the kids that don't get their heads cut off and survive the warlords we're arming's mass rape campaigns eat bullets? because that's what we're sending

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

here's an excellent rundown of what the guy in charge of this whole operation is all about

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/unlocked-287-killy-elliott-feat-jon-schwarz-2719

bear in mind that he said during his congressional hearing on the subject that he felt everything he did was justified and would do it all again

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

bernie's platform is almost 100% about domestic policy anyway and it's enough reason to vote for him imo. it would've been nice, but i don't really expect him to solve the issue of millions of US bases and invasions everywhere given the limited time of his two terms

THS
Sep 15, 2017

this doesn’t mean sanders is “cancelled” or whatever, he was exactly as disappointing on anti-imperialism in 2016 in exactly the same way. i was prepared for this

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS posted:

this doesn’t mean sanders is “cancelled” or whatever, he was exactly as disappointing on anti-imperialism in 2016 in exactly the same way. i was prepared for this

admittedly, I hoped he'd still be better about this and I do feel like just him being there will reduce the scale of it. but yeah this is incredibly disappointing.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

THS posted:

yea because we’re gonna loving kill them you goddamn moron

If we were sending food that wouldn't be bad, right?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Relevant Tangent posted:

If we were sending food that wouldn't be bad, right?

yes if we lived in an alternate reality where the US wasn’t a Hell country things would be better I agree.

I am disappointed but not mad.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

i was unaware that people could eat guns, big if true

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

THS posted:

it sucks really bad, but all that can be done is he gets "dragged"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nonsense posted:

it sucks really bad, but all that can be done is he gets "dragged"

the dems won't drag him because they also really love war, this only hurts him with the left who uh he kinda needs

not saying he's cancelled either but this is Not Great

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

in his defense i think he was just genuinely fooled by dumb propaganda rather than having a rager for war, since he's said the usa should be hands-off of venezuela

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Yinlock posted:

i was unaware that people could eat guns, big if true

uh HELLO does the phrase "eat lead" ring any bells??,

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

could be tactical too, immunity to the venezuela attacks that will come later

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bernie: I am a YUGE supporter of human rights and the right to all free people to have elections

*crowd goes wild*

bernie: Thats why, I support the united states led coup in venezuela

*crowd goes quiet and confused looks are exchanged around the rally hall*

bernie: Because Maduro didn't go far enough in the revolution, and he too must be purged as a filthy liberal

*crowd roars with approval*

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bernie: "Venezuelan cops shouldn't massacre people"

A million insane twitter people: NOOOO! BERNIE HOW COULD YOU BETRAY US LIKE THIS!?!?!?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

RIP Syndrome posted:

could be tactical too, immunity to the venezuela attacks that will come later

yeah dude nobody's going to call him a commie now

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Bernie believes we should help them
Bernie also believes that we should not incite a coup

Publicly stating one of those doesn't negate the other. Especially when the circle of politics both relies on and negates any narrative of benevolence.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't have been better in how he said things if so.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"Surely this is a strategic deception. Bernie Sanders, whom I support for president, actually loves murdering protesters"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"Surely this is a strategic deception. Bernie Sanders, whom I support for president, actually loves murdering protesters"

I hope Elliot Abrams organizes a relief effort for you

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

really queer Christmas posted:

I hope Elliot Abrams organizes a relief effort for you

i could use some relief... from your posting!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

A million insane twitter people: NOOOO! BERNIE HOW COULD YOU BETRAY US LIKE THIS!?!?!?

lol gently caress off.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i could use some relief... from your posting!

is your gimmick coming into threads with some lovely take, and then instead of arguing in any good faith, dismiss anyone who reacts with lazy shitposting

extremely spot on, if so, the DCCC could use talent like yours

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Juchero posted:

is your gimmick coming into threads with some lovely take, and then instead of arguing in any good faith, dismiss anyone who reacts with lazy shitposting

extremely spot on, if so, the DCCC could use talent like yours

extremely insulted that you think i'm not already getting that sweet sweet DWS cash

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
stfuh

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
Anyone have donation recommendations for other progressive groups? Right now, I’m leaning towards Justice Democrats.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There is a carrier group parked off the coast of Venezuela, and the only thing needed for it to start bombing Caracas is an order from Bernie "Warbringer" Sanders, the main hawk of the US establishment.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

extremely insulted that you think i'm not already getting that sweet sweet DWS cash

remember when you were All In for Hillary Clinton and every single thing about your lovely worldview was disproven and you learned nothing because you’re a loving moron

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

There is a carrier group parked off the coast of Venezuela, and the only thing needed for it to start bombing Caracas is an order from Bernie "Warbringer" Sanders, the main hawk of the US establishment.

donald the dove watches in horror, clutching his nobel peace prize

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"If u criticize Israeli Venezuelan cops, u r a monster who wants to enact a genocide of the Israeli Venezuelan people"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

shut the gently caress up, you’re not arguing this in any kind of good faith and you know full well that you’re missing the point of the criticism. you would have been just as fooled by the same rhetoric over libya or iraq if this is seriously your take on buying into the “humanitarian aid for venezuela”

tbh from your history i would think you’d know better, you should feel ashamed for being this dumb

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jaybeware/status/1099423564988600320

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hey I know CC posted a Bernie Sanders job application link, but is there any proof that's real? Like, whered it come from

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

the nearest aircraft carrier currently at sea is the USS Abraham Lincoln, currently on quote-unquote "training exercises" off the eastern coast of North America, suspiciously close to Venezuela, which is on the continent of South America. The USS Lincoln just happens to be named after a wartime Republican president. Very curious.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

in a completely different world, devoid of any context, you could believe that the current ploy by Elliot Abrams, literally the latin america death squads guy, was a Humanitarian Relief Effort. the world where the United States is not a demon cracker nation that exports death and cynicism

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Studio posted:

Hey I know CC posted a Bernie Sanders job application link, but is there any proof that's real? Like, whered it come from

Well, I applied, so uh, if I get murdered now you know

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bernie hosed up with this one and i hope he was just kinda ignorant of what was really going on and took 'humanitarian aid' at face value, but he should really know better so i dunno, this sucks.

this is the worst mis-step he's had since letting hillary clinton's email scandal get away from him, and this is definitely worse than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Fallen Hamprince posted:

This is like repeating over and over Muslims shouldn’t kill people. It’s true that they shouldn’t but it does feed into a certain narrative. By repeating the veracity of the statement you’re definitely supporting US hegemony even if you don’t mean to. Nuance is key