Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

that account is painfully cringe

the first casualty of war is any level of dignity, at all

see our good buddy the Definitely Constitutional Interim President of Venezuela, who was supposed to lead a human wave to bring the aid into the country and then, uh

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

see our good buddy the Definitely Constitutional Interim President of Venezuela, who was supposed to lead a human wave to bring the aid into the country and then, uh

welp

Wow what a surprise it turns out he's a power hungry oval office using populism for support

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Western "journalist" claiming she was attacked by a pro-maduro mob and was posting from a stranger's phone.

Forgot that Twitter tags where you send your tweets from:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Western "journalist" claiming she was attacked by a pro-maduro mob and was posting from a stranger's phone.

Forgot that Twitter tags where you send your tweets from:

where is the tweet from?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If you post from mobile web Twitter calls it "Twitter Web App" or "Twitter Mobile"

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008

frajaq posted:

God I hope Brazil doesn't decide to join in on this shitstorm

Before the days drama you had a quite a few reports of successful aid shipments from Brazil through the border checkpoint and the police down there getting attacked by a native tribe.

Police killed a few people down there over today/yesterday.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bip Roberts posted:

where is the tweet from?

Probably the US embassy, from one of their desktops

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Reality Winter posted:

Your gf is likely dead and half frozen, devoured by the madurista cannibals who are overrunning the region.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

freeasinbeer posted:

I mean random dude parachuting in worried his gf is gonna die in another country deserved to be mocked a bit.

Like most likely his gf is way more likely to come home with an STD, from all people she’s loving at the coke fueled orgys, as compared to being caught up in a border skirmish between Columbia and VZ.

It would be good if neither of you posted in this thread anymore.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It would be good if neither of you posted in this thread anymore.

or like ever

I mean if we want 4chan we can just go visit 4chan

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Mackers posted:

Wow what a surprise it turns out he's a power hungry oval office using populism for support

i'm not gonna blame him for deciding "actually that would be dumb as hell," because jesus, that would have been dumb as hell. great PR stunt, but you REALLY need to know that the people with the opportunity to shoot you aren't going to do it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bullfrog posted:

that account is painfully cringe

The twitter account's pretty horrendous too.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
If you are a retard in this thread agreeing with anything Trump or Bolton says, know that you are the exact kind of stupid mug cunts that gave the world the Iraq war.

Not that it'll matter probably. Saddle up motherfuckers, its times for browns to die.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

welp

See our good buddy the bus driver, President of Venezuela, who was supposed to provide for his country instead steals gold bars to give to his family while the children of the citizens starve.

Welp.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

If you post from mobile web Twitter calls it "Twitter Web App" or "Twitter Mobile"

so your proof that someone isn't tweeting from the app on their phone is because they're logged in from some sort of browser?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mackers posted:

It's a US gov parroting bot that targets shitters like dnd posters.

They're gonna fuckin eat that poo poo up here

no, it's extremely pro-maduro (and mostly consists of retweets, so I guess that could be a sign of bot-hood)

i mean, i guess you could say it's so pro-maduro it's clearly parody meant to discredit real criticism of US policy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

exploded mummy posted:

so your proof that someone isn't tweeting from the app on their phone is because they're logged in from some sort of browser?

Twitter Web Client tagged posts will only appear if you're logged in from a desktop or laptop browser. In conclusion, the "journalist" is lying

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Twitter Web Client tagged posts will only appear if you're logged in from a desktop or laptop browser. In conclusion, the "journalist" is lying

could you source this? google's not being helpful

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Or they just used an old / cheap android phone and used the web browser.

But really we shouldn't believe her. Its not like there is a history of journalists being abused there.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

zapplez posted:

No, because mobile.twitter.com would display as "Twitter Web App" or "Twitter Mobile"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

zapplez posted:

But really we shouldn't believe her. Its not like there is a history of journalists being abused there.

i figure this is it, but i'm giving caps lock a chance to source this:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

No, because mobile.twitter.com would display as "Twitter Web App" or "Twitter Mobile"

so he can justify his "lol lying CIA spy"

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Probably the US embassy, from one of their desktops

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What I find more fascinating is how he arrived at this, of all things, to seize on and share. Think about the information ecosystem he's gotta be immersed in that this pattern of unsourced propaganda and random conspiracy Western Agent Takedowns is what he posts to the thread.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sounds ominous

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1099491369330995200

I'm sure the US has a solid plan behind their action on how to stabilize the country

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

orrrrrr they used the desktop site on a cheapass phone that didn't automatically load the mobile version

because I just was loving around and got a tweet to appear as "Twitter Web Client" from my phone doing that

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/elizondogabriel/status/1099473323053010945

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
I was hoping to take the rest of the night off, but I saw these tweets and ran back here:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1099500136068202496

https://twitter.com/jguaido/status/1099497510836547585

Guaido says: "What happened today has forced me to make a decision: to formally propose to the International Community [sic] that we should keep all options open to achieve the liberation of our Homeland which is fighting and will continue to fight. Hope was born to never die, Venezuela!"

Guaido also said that he's attending the Lima Group meeting on Monday, which is taking place in Bogota, so it sounds like he'll formally make that request there.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

exploded mummy posted:

orrrrrr they used the desktop site on a cheapass phone that didn't automatically load the mobile version

because I just was loving around and got a tweet to appear as "Twitter Web Client" from my phone doing that

you can also specifically request the desktop version of many web pages in most browsers

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Twitter Web Client is used exclusively by desktop browsers:

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

According to what good sources?

Have you tested this out on any old android phones? Have you heard of forcing desktop webpages? Are you an iphone guy?

I used to force the desktop site for webpages all the loving time. I didnt want app popups.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

it's weird that the provocative political aid convoy from the US had a predictable result that is almost immediately leading to calls for military intervention

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Chuck Boone posted:

I was hoping to take the rest of the night off, but I saw these tweets and ran back here:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1099500136068202496

https://twitter.com/jguaido/status/1099497510836547585

Guaido says: "What happened today has forced me to make a decision: to formally propose to the International Community [sic] that we should keep all options open to achieve the liberation of our Homeland which is fighting and will continue to fight. Hope was born to never die, Venezuela!"

Guaido also said that he's attending the Lima Group meeting on Monday, which is taking place in Bogota, so it sounds like he'll formally make that request there.

This is really loving bad.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

brugroffil posted:

it's weird that the provocative political aid convoy from the US had a predictable result that is almost immediately leading to calls for military intervention

i know. how odd also that guaido continues to associate with the trump administration. almost as if this is a coordinated coup attempt...

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

zapplez posted:

According to what good sources?

Have you tested this out on any old android phones? Have you heard of forcing desktop webpages? Are you an iphone guy?

I used to force the desktop site for webpages all the loving time. I didnt want app popups.

I'm sure a shook journalist is going to force a desktop webpage on an ancient HTC hero. It doesn't make any sense. The easiest explanation for why twitter is reporting it being sent from a desktop is that it was sent from a desktop, not because someone on the run from a maduro goon squad chose to load a graphics and media rich version of the site to type out her plea for help.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I think I'm pretty much where noted tankie Sen. Chris Murphy is at:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1099478257534144513
https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1099479848085610497
https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1099481385927143424

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

I'm sure a shook journalist is going to force a desktop webpage on an ancient HTC hero. It doesn't make any sense. The easiest explanation for why twitter is reporting it being sent from a desktop is that it was sent from a desktop, not because someone on the run from a maduro goon squad chose to load a graphics and media rich version of the site to type out her plea for help.

She might be if loading the mobile site gives popup to install the app, which if already installed on someone elses phone is logged in for someone else. And if not installed, is a loving waste to install on someone elses phone and leave your login info on.

She might be bullshitting, but I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt when they have robbed journalists before.

edit : Its an option that takes literally 0.1 of a second to select. I am assuming you are an iphone guy, because most android users try it on a daily basis on all sorts of websites that once they detect you are mobile they try to force you to download their app.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Condiv posted:

i know. how odd also that guaido continues to associate with the trump administration. almost as if this is a coordinated coup attempt...

I mean, Abrams totally intended this, but to be fair to Guiado, he has to deal with the US given that they refine all of Venezuela's oil and oil is Venezuela's only industry. They've got his and Maduro's nuts in a vice.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

zapplez posted:

edit : Its an option that takes literally 0.1 of a second to select. I am assuming you are an iphone guy, because most android users try it on a daily basis on all sorts of websites that once they detect you are mobile they try to force you to download their app.

Citation Extremely Needed

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

zapplez posted:

She might be if loading the mobile site gives popup to install the app, which if already installed on someone elses phone is logged in for someone else. And if not installed, is a loving waste to install on someone elses phone and leave your login info on.

She might be bullshitting, but I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt when they have robbed journalists before.

You're talking in circles. The source I linked to shows that the new "lite" twitter site accessed from mobile browsers is now called the Twitter Web App, which is distinctly different from Twitter Web Client.

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial

Lightning Knight posted:

This is really loving bad.

Yes. All the more bad because earlier in the thread I said that the Venezuelan Constitution does not allow for the National Assembly to authorize foreign military operations in Venezuela, but I was just looking at that section again and I think that I was wrong. Here's the text of Article 187(11) in Spanish:

quote:

187. Corresponde a la Asamblea Nacional:
(11) Autorizar el empleo de misiones militares venezolanas en el exterior o extranjeras en el país.

Which translates to:

quote:

187. The National Assembly can:
(11) Authorize the deployment of Venezuelan military missions abroad or foreign [military missions] in the country.

And now I'm off for the night.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

You're talking in circles. The source I linked to shows that the new "lite" twitter site accessed from mobile browsers is now called the Twitter Web App, which is distinctly different from Twitter Web Client.

You don't understand useragents in HTTP requests and how easy it is to change them or have them misconfigured. It's not even that obscure, Chrome for Android has this as a toggable setting in the options menu.

Seriously

You see that "Desktop site" box? It makes Chrome start sending HTTP requests with desktop chrome as the user agent, to force the server to serve the desktop version instead of the mobile site.

And because you're using this desktop user agent, Twitter will serve up Twitter web client as your source, even if you are on a phone.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Red Minjo posted:

Citation Extremely Needed

I do it all the time :shrug: