Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is your build 100% done, meaning do you have all slots filled with recommended items? Some slots are flexible, like just using your best-rolled ring instead of CoE, but most slots on most builds really really need all the gear in place. After that, it's getting them ideal stats and ancient. Thorns is nice because it's not as critical for you to roll an ancient pigsticker since you don't give a gently caress about weapon damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Dameius posted:

If you have 6pc Innas then you need to play I6 Bell monk. Without even having ancient gear you'll clear a 100.

I was yalking to WolfCryer at the start of the season and he told me that he got his first 104 with only one ancient weapon.

I'm going to guess the build insists on TKG hat that I don't have yet. All good though, WoL still fucks poo poo up without relying too much on Zei's ranged contribution, when you're starting out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

some blue post said season 16 is being extended.

"Season 16 has proved to be our most popular Themed Season yet, and we’re glad to hear so many of you are enjoying experimenting with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff. We’ve seen some really cool and unique builds come out of community theorycrafting and seeing them play out in practice has been exciting! We have plans for Season 17, but they are going to need some time for us to test both internally and via PTR closer to launch.

To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12.

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme."

Interested to see what comes of that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know they won't, but they really should make the RORG Buff permanent.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Yeah I'm really hoping they drop RoRG from the game & change set breakpoints from 2/4/6 to 2/3/5, the drop in power next season is definitely gonna be felt if they don't.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Season 17: You can dump a complete 6-piece set into the cube to equip the full set of bonuses into a fourth cube slot :unsmigghh:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I was actually thinking the same thing. Or make it even more monstrous and you need to dump in 6 pieces for each level of set power for a total of 36 :getin:

Allow a fourth slot in the cube to socket a legendary gem that you can no longer level kind of like caldessans despair. Maybe limit it to defensive only or something to keep everyone from becoming massively overpowered.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Everything on the cube is active all the time but all characters are hardcore.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suburban Dad posted:

some blue post said season 16 is being extended.

"Season 16 has proved to be our most popular Themed Season yet, and we’re glad to hear so many of you are enjoying experimenting with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff. We’ve seen some really cool and unique builds come out of community theorycrafting and seeing them play out in practice has been exciting! We have plans for Season 17, but they are going to need some time for us to test both internally and via PTR closer to launch.

To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12.

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme."

Interested to see what comes of that.

Reading between the lines, it looks like they were running out of original ideas for s17's theme, and pushed back the deadline.

All good, net gain, I really haven't gotten everything I want out of the season yet.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Eh, there's going to be a PTR so guessing that means more balance changes if nothing else. Better than "season of automatic nemesis bracers" or something.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

Season 17: You can dump a complete 6-piece set into the cube to equip the full set of bonuses into a fourth cube slot :unsmigghh:

Finally! A use for Blackthorne's Battlegear. :haw:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

5er posted:

Reading between the lines, it looks like they were running out of original ideas for s17's theme, and pushed back the deadline.

Layoffs may have been a factor too.

I myself was ready for a new season.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang, I was hoping for Season 17 to come along so I could go all in on making a Bombardment Crusader.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My read is “were internally testing just making this permanent since RoRG doesn’t contribute to game health and actually bottlenecks 85% of builds” so now whatever they were going to do in 17 they are going to rebalance around RoRG perma-buffs.

But Jesus Christ the season is going until halfway through May? That’s gotta be the longest season yet, and yeah losing 800 people from Acti-Blizzard probably impacted that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Free nemesis bracers would be amazing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nemesis Bracers but the effect can happen on every single action in the game. Open a chest? Elite pack pops out. Kill an elite? Just kidding, now you got more elites. Socket a gem in town? More elites, baby.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
That does remind me that there aren't mimics in this game. It'd be fun to open a chest only to have it turn into an elite.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

Nemesis Bracers but the effect can happen on every single action in the game. Open a chest? Elite pack pops out. Kill an elite? Just kidding, now you got more elites. Socket a gem in town? More elites, baby.

Won't lie, I'd be in heaven.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Moist von Lipwig posted:

That does remind me that there aren't mimics in this game. It'd be fun to open a chest only to have it turn into an elite.

Greed's Strongbox will be chomping on more than just Greed.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
An I the only one who clicks Breed's Strongbox a good couple dozen times each vault? It's such a weirdly satisfying animation.

Also I just ran into two goblin packs on one floor of the same rift, I didn't even know that was possible.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

exquisite tea posted:

That would be delightful. :allears:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

exquisite tea posted:

And the only way to stop them from multiplying is with Sever equipped :getin:

Moist von Lipwig posted:

An I the only one who clicks Breed's Strongbox a good couple dozen times each vault? It's such a weirdly satisfying animation.

I click that thing until the game boots me back to town.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just made 11 60% rolls and failed 10 of them. That's a new record.

E: failed 13 of 15 now. But finally got my gem of ease to 100. Time to make an alt!

bamhand fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 23, 2019

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

bamhand posted:

Just made 11 60% rolls and failed 10 of them. That's a new record.

E: failed 13 of 15 now. But finally got my gem of ease to 100. Time to make an alt!

Lol

I've hardly had that much rolls in total

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

I would just join pubbie games forever and have the afk players get murdered in town.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Back in the old days... You could kite monsters into A1 town and get idle players murdered, always a fun time.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Now that the season is going to extend I guess I’ll work on some group push builds instead of the Actual end game (complete cube). Trying to set up the three Z chars, rat necro and impale I guess if anyone wants to run 100+. I’m just learning pull barb and wouldn’t mind some patient teammates versus pubs.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

VodeAndreas posted:

Back in the old days... You could kite monsters into A1 town and get idle players murdered, always a fun time.

Very fun in hardcore mode lol

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Hate how every season i'm absolutely lousy with ramaladni's and nothing to even remotely good to use them in.

pair them up with a ridiculous amount of gold and forgotten souls as a cube recipe, reroll item as primal or something.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

tetsuo posted:

Hate how every season i'm absolutely lousy with ramaladni's and nothing to even remotely good to use them in.

pair them up with a ridiculous amount of gold and forgotten souls as a cube recipe, reroll item as primal or something.

They would be so much more useful if they added sockets to more than just weapons.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm sure this is probably old hat but I'm just smitten.

Damned Thorns Crusader.

Custodian Sweep and Steed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
from what i understand, chance to block is more about procing certain crusader abilities than a meaningful effect on defense, correct?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rinkles posted:

from what i understand, chance to block is more about procing certain crusader abilities than a meaningful effect on defense, correct?

Yes.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Finally got compass rose, after 1000s of shards and upgrades one dropped (last season I had a dozen). Mediocre and no socket. Next rift? Great ring with socket. Ahhhahhhh. This loving game.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
If you really want to hate the RNG, come visit the Rainbow Goblin hunting community.

Someday...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Turambar posted:

If you really want to hate the RNG, come visit the Rainbow Goblin hunting community.

Someday...

I haven't quite worked myself up to joining one of those yet. I look at them, pick one, hover over the button to join, then close the window, and go back to playing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Turambar posted:

Someday...

I'm not even hunting them and I've found two recently. :nyan:
And I keep getting into Nephalem Rift zones populated with ponys, teddy bears and flowers... I feel like this is related but no way of knowing for sure.

The RNG I am hating right now is for the staff of herding materials, the gibbering gemstone specifically. Back when I was first playing D3 I managed to farm up each difficulty level of the bell, shin bone, mushroom and liquid rainbow but the gemstone NEVER dropped.
So far on my seasonal characters I've got the bell and the staff plans but the other materials are refusing to show up! :sludgepal:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My regular play group is 3 people. This season, two of us (me +1) have gotten about 5-6 primals combined. This is with us doing 4-5 minute 100s, which gives you 12 legendaries a run, which converts out to roughly 244-360 every two hours, depending on our efficiency. The third person in the group has gotten more than double that. In fact, over last weekend and this one, they have literally gotten double that. None of us have a useable one.

Turambar posted:

Someday...

Got my wings last season (or was it the season before that) without ever having to specifically farm rainbow goblins. :smug: It only took me about 800 hours of gameplay. :eng99:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

I'm sure this is probably old hat but I'm just smitten.

Damned Thorns Crusader.

Custodian Sweep and Steed.

Oh if we’re sharing characters, this is a pretty typical example of all of mine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

The RNG I am hating right now is for the staff of herding materials, the gibbering gemstone specifically. Back when I was first playing D3 I managed to farm up each difficulty level of the bell, shin bone, mushroom and liquid rainbow but the gemstone NEVER dropped.
So far on my seasonal characters I've got the bell and the staff plans but the other materials are refusing to show up! :sludgepal:

Snacksmaniac is have the opposite problem: Got the Gem, can't get the recipie:

Kheldarn posted:

Both that, and the Gibbering Gemstone, are the hardest to get the RNG to drop. One takes a little effort, but the other takes forever.