Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I want that clear blue/green shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tall Tale Teller posted:

So all this talk about Starlink makes me want it.

But what about Everspace? It looks really cool and possibly up my alley. Anything I should know?

Also, pooping and peeing in Okami? Yellow thunder? Brown rage? Holy poo poo how did I not know this?

Get Starlink on the cheap. If you can deal with toys I swear I've seen it as low as 15 euro. Otherwise hold out for a good digital sale. It's rarer but it happens. And then just get Standard.

Like we say it's very repetitive and there's no sense of danger especially if you 100% planets as you hit them, but it is very relaxing. Also if you're a fan of Star Fox, they've worked it in more than well. I love how they know it only sold because of Star Fox, to the point that only the Switch version is getting a free DLC update focusing on the rest of the crew. I put it on hold just to play with those dudes at the same time.

It seems that Falco's special is a Smart Bomb. Kinda curious to see what they did for Slippy and Peppy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I would destroy people for some GameCube purple joycons. People talking poo poo about the GameCube because of that awesome color was the day I knew gamers were mostly trash

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Spice orange was also a strong color. RIP GameCube

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Oh gently caress, been playing a lot of trials beta and wasn't gonna get it because I thought they were gonna ask for $60. But for $25, i might be that rear end in a top hat who buys a ubi game day one.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dr Cheeto posted:

Spice orange was also a strong color. RIP GameCube

Hard jealous of Jeremy Parrish's spice orange console

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I only had a regular old black GC :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Left joycon: spice orange
Right joycon: grape soda purple

Grey x and y buttons, green A, red B

Monkey's Paw edit: you get a proper dpad, but it's the GameCube's dpad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
GameCube dpad is too big for a joycon.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

American McGay posted:

GameCube dpad is too big for a joycon.

in the sense that it's as thick as it is wide, yeah it's too big.

what an awful dpad

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nintendo, give me a massive joycon with the Gamecube's ABXY layout you cowards.

When the Switch was first announced was sure every first party game would get a special edition with its own unique joycons - either different skins or different shapes/layouts. Kind like how every game had an amiibo edition during the Wii U era (I miss that).

Obviously that would be both mad, expensive and dumb.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Steve2911 posted:

Nintendo, give me a massive joycon with the Gamecube's ABXY layout you cowards.

When the Switch was first announced was sure every first party game would get a special edition with its own unique joycons - either different skins or different shapes/layouts. Kind like how every game had an amiibo edition during the Wii U era (I miss that).

Obviously that would be both mad, expensive and dumb.

Of the joycons where 40-50 a pair it wouldn't be. $20 for the custom one would be cheap and you'd naturally fill out your joycons using 4 left and 4 right games.

It seems like something they wanted but couldn't get the pricing to work.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Since here doesn't seem to be a Splatoon 2 thread, did anyone else have the issue of Nintendo sending you a wrong-region copy of Splatoon 2? This apparently only matters if you try to access the Octo-expansion, which I purchased in anticipation of being able to happily play it, but it turns out I can't play, and I can't order it in the game because the game doesn't match my Switch's region. So I'm apparently completely boned out of the Octo Expansion unless I buy another copy of Splatoon 2... and hope they actually send me a US copy, huh?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Kchama posted:

Since here doesn't seem to be a Splatoon 2 thread, did anyone else have the issue of Nintendo sending you a wrong-region copy of Splatoon 2? This apparently only matters if you try to access the Octo-expansion, which I purchased in anticipation of being able to happily play it, but it turns out I can't play, and I can't order it in the game because the game doesn't match my Switch's region. So I'm apparently completely boned out of the Octo Expansion unless I buy another copy of Splatoon 2... and hope they actually send me a US copy, huh?

Splatoon Thread is this way

I think you can shop other regions' games on the e-Shop, but I don't know how it'll help if you've already got the games. Maybe give Nintendo a call to see if they'll help.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's an excel spreadsheet game?

Monster Hunter World, Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, _____ Souls

poo poo where you grind for a thousand hours to get hundreds of different pieces to craft one item that is part of a tier of upgrades.

Games where playing them is basically the same thing as having a second job.

Rolo posted:

Ok cool, actually I think I’ll just play Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild again anyways because it’s the best game of all time.

Rolo posted:

Ok cool, actually I think I’ll just play DOOM (2016) again anyways because it’s the best game of all time.

I can never decide.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I don't think Dark Souls is one of those. Monster Hunter doesn't have to be one either, unless you want it to.

Also I literally used an Excel spreadsheet to map out the levels in La Mulana 2 :shobon:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Gonna wait for that magnesium silver Nintendo used to have. :cool:

lol if you haven't gone down to your local machine shop and had them CNC mill you a new Switch enclosure out of solid aluminum.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Is there any word of la-mulana 2 on switch. I thought there was a good chance because the first (remake) started life as a Wii game iirc. but I haven't heard anything

C.M. Kruger posted:

lol if you haven't gone down to your local machine shop and had them CNC mill you a new Switch enclosure out of solid aluminum.

I can't connect bluetooth controllers anymore but the look is worth it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

C.M. Kruger posted:

Aluminum? I don't want that trash tier metal.

Although, I will admit I'd be tempted by the hardened anodized grey that pots and pans have.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Elman posted:

I don't think Dark Souls is one of those. Monster Hunter doesn't have to be one either, unless you want it to.

Also I literally used an Excel spreadsheet to map out the levels in La Mulana 2 :shobon:

I'm old and cranky. I like straightforward stuff like DOOM and Wolfenstein and Metroidvania.

Just give me my new gear. I don't want to fuss around in menus.

Breath of the Wild is about the extent of my patience for accounting simulators.

"You need 3 X parts to get the ninja outfit".

"Ok, those are over here. Be right back, lovely 40 foot tall drag queen."

Stuff like No Man's Sky where it takes a week of farming and resource management and crafting to put a new booster engine on your ship is my idea of gaming hell. Minecraft is literally what awaits me in hell. I know people love that stuff, and I'm not dragging them for liking it, but that is SO not my thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/vecchitto/status/1099748313862234114

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tetris confirmed for Smash????????

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm orange Ricky

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cleveland Z and Rhode Island Z are the ones I'm having the most trouble with

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Everyone knows RHode Islanders write their Zs backwards.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

b_d posted:

Cleveland Z and Rhode Island Z are the ones I'm having the most trouble with

Gerrymandering is timeless?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

It's cool that you know what you like but you should probably know that souls games are more or less metroidvania/Zelda games and are nothing at all like what you're describing

There's zero grinding for one, it's just you exploring awesome hosed up ruined fantasy worlds and beating bosses to check out new areas. Combat is very pattern based, think classic Castlevania or even mega man (but melee vs guns) in a 3d space.

poo poo owns hard

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 24, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I got a Starlink question; If I build more armories on planets, will they be able to repel bad guy attacks by themselves?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

poo poo where you grind for a thousand hours to get hundreds of different pieces to craft one item that is part of a tier of upgrades.

Games where playing them is basically the same thing as having a second job.

I can never decide.

I see. I wouldn't say Starlink is a complete enough concept to even qualify as that. The game is grinding only because there's only a couple of things to do, and even that boils down to "press button, make explosion". It's easy enough that you don't really have to grind to get better.

What it is is very relaxing.

Gripweed posted:

I got a Starlink question; If I build more armories on planets, will they be able to repel bad guy attacks by themselves?

I'd like an answer for this too. I build two per planet because it doesn't seem to make a difference. Warping back there to knock out the Alpha or whatever isn't that big of a deal. Again, the ease of the game means I usually do things from the Top Down, if only to feel a bit of challenge.

I suppose the game is easy because I don't switch Pilots out as much as they'd want? So my Fox is massively overleveled, but I'm not even sure if he gets stats, just skill points to unlock some seemingly pointless attributes. What breaks the game is Fox's special ability, since it send a very competent AI ally. Seeing as your attributes serve to extend the length of that ally, and lessen the special requirement, he's there practically the whole time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smashboy was my father

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

There's nothing complex about MHW's material farming for gear though. Armor is made directly and weapons have very clear and simple progression trees. :confused:

Spreadsheet games are games like EVE Online. Not "this game has options when crafting."

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Tetris would be an awesome character.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I'm old and cranky. I like straightforward stuff like DOOM and Wolfenstein and Metroidvania.

Just give me my new gear. I don't want to fuss around in menus.

Breath of the Wild is about the extent of my patience for accounting simulators.

"You need 3 X parts to get the ninja outfit".

"Ok, those are over here. Be right back, lovely 40 foot tall drag queen."

Stuff like No Man's Sky where it takes a week of farming and resource management and crafting to put a new booster engine on your ship is my idea of gaming hell. Minecraft is literally what awaits me in hell. I know people love that stuff, and I'm not dragging them for liking it, but that is SO not my thing.

this doesn't describe dark souls at all, please delete your post

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rolo posted:

Tetris would be an awesome character.

Uhhh, his name is Cleveland Z Smashboy :colbert:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can’t really grind in Dark Souls, it’s way to ineffective

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Grinding in Dark Souls owns because a single lovely zombie can instantaneously undo hours of collecting souls with no recourse whatsoever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The iron golem is so trash easy and gives like 40,000 souls that i always kill him a dozen times and roll into anor londo like an absolute boss

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I get Tarkus to solo him while I lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Real hurthling! posted:

The iron golem is so trash easy and gives like 40,000 souls that i always kill him a dozen times and roll into anor londo like an absolute boss

Just lol if you're not doing an slvl 1 pyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

b_d posted:

Everyone knows RHode Islanders write their Zs backwards.

I just wrote a Z and this is a drat dirty lie :colbert: