Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

You can just make the buff icons big and move them around the screen. You don't need an addon for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Currently working through Heavensward crafting/gathering.

Any tips on when I should craft a HQ gear set for both to help make it to Stormblood?

The ones on market are super expensive

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

DontMindMe posted:

Currently working through Heavensward crafting/gathering.

Any tips on when I should craft a HQ gear set for both to help make it to Stormblood?

The ones on market are super expensive

Chimerical Felt is considerably less expensive, at least on Excal - HQ crafting vest is like 7k when Ironworks chest is over 100k. Chimerical HQ at 60 (along with comparable main/offhand) should get you to Ruby Cotton/Gyuki Leather at 62-63. Ironworks Crafting/Gathering still takes a bit of time to make and I wouldn't be surprised if some sales are for glams.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Let me guess: Yukinko Snowflake and Conditional Virtue are probably from Hydatos's Water-Sealed Lockboxes, huh?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Grimace posted:

Let me guess: Yukinko Snowflake and Conditional Virtue are probably from Hydatos's Water-Sealed Lockboxes, huh?

Yukinko Snowflake can drop from regular lockboxes. (At least I got one from one!) Conditional Virtue is a random drop from Absolute Virtue.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

ImpAtom posted:

Yukinko Snowflake can drop from regular lockboxes. (At least I got one from one!) Conditional Virtue is a random drop from Absolute Virtue.

Oh, kick rear end, thank you. I was afraid I'd never have any chance of ever getting those because there's no way I'm farming those lovely boxes. I ended up just buying the Wind-up Elvaan because I've already spent enough time in Pyros.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

Hogama posted:

A main reason 1 isn't considered a prime number is because it's more elegant to express formulas involving prime numbers without it than to include it and then explicitly exclude it from all these formulas; for example, the fundamental theorem of arithmetic: Any integer greater than 1 is either a prime number or can be represented as the product of prime numbers, and this representation is unique up to the order of the factors. (e.g. 12 = 3 x 2 x 2; however this is expressed, it will always have exactly two 2s and one 3. If 1 was a prime, it could be expressed as 3 x 2 x 2 x 1, or 3 x 2 x 2 x 1 x 1, or 3 x 2 x 2 x 1 x 1 x 1, and so on ad infinitum).

It's simpler to just consider a number prime if it has exactly two unique divisors: the number itself and 1.
(Also the writing just before the boss even gives a full list of the prime numbers possibly relevant to the fight.)

Still...

(Patch 4.3 was May 22)

Yeah it only tripped me up once but I was taught 1 was a prime number in school so the first time I had 1 hp I was like 'Ha, I'm safe.' and promptly was told I was wrong. I hadn't read the note because I knew my math going in, or at least thought I did. I DID probably contribute to the google thing after it when I went to look up why 1 isn't a prime number anymore.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

CJ posted:

I did some searching and it's a plugin for that damage meters addon.

https://github.com/anoyetta/ACT.Hojoring/

There's also a job overlay component for cactbot, the bossmod addon for ACT. It's here: https://github.com/quisquous/cactbot

I didn't like it much personally, but it's there and does basically weakauras. The boss addon part of cactbot is undoubtedly very good, to the point where I hope squeenix blocks the poo poo out of it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It's ok, I guess and when ACT breaks it makes everyone that uses it absolutely worthless. The DRG in my static was unable to do o10s for a week or two because he depends on it to read the spins correctly and it was the most frustrating thing.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Axle_Stukov posted:

[jumps out of the arena again 30 seconds later after returning]

That double jump of Belial's messes with everyone and it's great.

Chaeden posted:

Yeah it only tripped me up once but I was taught 1 was a prime number in school so the first time I had 1 hp I was like 'Ha, I'm safe.' and promptly was told I was wrong. I hadn't read the note because I knew my math going in, or at least thought I did. I DID probably contribute to the google thing after it when I went to look up why 1 isn't a prime number anymore.

I'm pretty sure it tripped everyone who actually knows up to the first ten or so prime numbers (either from reading the note or from memory) but I always thought it was a programming thing that 1 was excluded. Now I know that it's not just a programming thing but also a notation thing!

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Xerophyte posted:

I didn't like it much personally, but it's there and does basically weakauras. The boss addon part of cactbot is undoubtedly very good, to the point where I hope squeenix blocks the poo poo out of it.

As a dumb console idiot I agree. Heck one of the big reasons I think fight design is so good in this game is that they aren't balanced around third party addons being the norm like in wow

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I refuse to use third party overlays because the meters are pretty much always really ugly.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Yeah I'm glad when other people parse for me and give me a heads up for where my DPS is at but I'm never gonna touch ACT myself.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

that's insanely stupid

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I just memorize my DOT timings and check them on the boss (I disable other debuffs aside from my own so I can easily see my DOTs) debuff list periodically to make sure I haven't desynced. Same for regen. You get an implicit feel for exactly when you need to refresh after practicing a fight for a while.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I too do not use parsers or any in-game third party tools.

I have accepted that in exchange for not knowing how much I suck, I also don't know how much other people suck.

Because sometimes people really, really suck.

And sometimes they suck honestly (as compared to sucking because of latency or disconnects or whatever.)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

EponymousMrYar posted:

I too do not use parsers or any in-game third party tools.

I have accepted that in exchange for not knowing how much I suck, I also don't know how much other people suck.

:same:

Although I don't do EX or Savage content so even if I am an average tank, it's not going to affect the run too much.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I'm 2 scales from finishing my Eureka weapon and it won't have been worth it. Still need 190 crystals for the armor too...

The fact that the gear won't really be "complete" unless I do the dungeon a bunch is probably gonna drive me crazy, too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Eh you get the achievement for making the Eureka weapon, not the Physeos. The only difference it even gives you is the ability to be stronger in Eureka. I wouldn't worry about it unless you plan on doing a lot more eureka weapons or farming BA (or farming boxes or whatever I guess)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Physeos weapons are a genuine waste of time and fragments unless they make Eureka gear give you a headstart on the shadowbringers eureka 2.0 business (which would probably be a bad thing to do)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Physeos weapon+elemental gear let you do some pretty absurd damage in the lower areas. I can solo the Anubys that mutate for cold-warped lockboxes as a Dragoon comfortably in full gear, using a 4/1 split on my magicite. Takes me roughly 40 seconds per kill?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

johnny park posted:

that's insanely stupid

no it not

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

johnny park posted:

that's insanely stupid

dont sign an empty post

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

So after pulling my party through Mustadio and Agrias using only Clemency and tears, I had to ask. And there was no response.

Our healers were bots.

Kick attempt failed.

Cid.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Nothing makes me angrier than trying to kick a troll/griefer/bot and it failing.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
You ever get a roulette and just know that it's gonna be a bad time?

I ran an AV as a DRK for ldr, and got a healer that only used Cure.

At least three wipes were had, and I don't think he knew how to Swift Raise me either, because whenever I died due to tanking all those morbol spawn or Diremites I only got cure 1s. Also nice was me tanking in the corner of the first room and before the 2nd boss and the healer being as far back as possible to aggro the whole room anyway, upon which he would flee like the dickens as soon as he got aggro. (Now, I was using my CDs and even was in tank stance)

Kudos to the ninja and bard who whittled down the trash instead of fleeing though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Bolow posted:

The Physeos weapon+elemental gear let you do some pretty absurd damage in the lower areas. I can solo the Anubys that mutate for cold-warped lockboxes as a Dragoon comfortably in full gear, using a 4/1 split on my magicite. Takes me roughly 40 seconds per kill?

I suspect you could get an insanely fast light farm going in Pagos if you could find just a few people (mostly a tank to make it safer/possible to aoe pull) with Elemental gear from Hydatos and do griffins or whatever the morbols are called.

It's the most time consuming step by far, so I imagine anyone who wants to pick up other relics would want to to it, so organizing a pug via eureka discord might not be impossible??

I don't think anything solo is going to be more efficient for light than wolves, though, no matter how geared. Solo farming cold boxes is kinda neat!

Minera fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 25, 2019

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

sooo I'm wrapping up my eureka relic farm and I'm looking at getting some actually cool relics instead (heh), any tips if I go for a HW relic grind? I know it uses up like 7000 poetics or something, can I spend and stockpile poo poo ahead of time or am I gonna be waiting to gather poetics on each individual step?

basically what can I work on now, if anything, before I go through the individual dungeon and light grinds?

Minera fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 25, 2019

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Minrad posted:

sooo I'm wrapping up my eureka relic farm and I'm looking at getting some actually cool relics instead (heh), any tips if I go for a HW relic grind? I know it uses up like 7000 poetics or something, can I spend and stockpile poo poo ahead of time or am I gonna be waiting to gather poetics on each individual step?

basically what can I work on now, if anything, before I go through the individual dungeon and light grinds?

5 Aether oils, a bunch of umbrite, the unid stuff (although I do beast tribes for those), and crafting/gathering scrips for sand just off the top of my head. I think all of the materials can be stockpiled ahead of time.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

oh cool, if scrips are a currency in there I should probably do my weekly hand ins again and stockpile whatever that is. Thanks.

I'll probably just write myself a checklist of poo poo I can knock out weekly and whenever I've got all or most of the currency, just power through dungeons and light farm in a power weekend or something.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Some of them don't show up until you reach the corresponding anima quest for the first time.

Most of the items will be on the poetics vendors under "tomestones of poetics - special weapons". You'll need to buy the following items:
  • 10 unidentifiable bone/shell/ore/seeds each, these might show up at any time (they're also sold by other vendors for eg. hunt seals and beast tribe daily tokens)
  • 0 to 5 aether oil (depending on how many you have or plan to farm through the Crystal Tower weekly quest), not sure if they're available without reaching the anima step (you always get the item from the weekly even if you never touched anima quests before)
  • thavnairian mist + superior enchanted ink should be unlocked already, and can be used for crystal sand (umbrite step) later, it's 5 each for 2 crystal sand and you'll need 35 to 40 turn-ins for up to 80 crystal sand total (depends on RNG), don't do this if you have access to red scrips
  • umbrite probably doesn't unlock until you reach the step, you'll need about 70-80 of those, too
  • singing clusters won't show up until you reach the anima quest step, you'll need 50 of them
  • pneumite and archaic enchanted ink are used for late anima steps and don't unlock until you reach them

Other items you can buy/farm in advance:
  • the "crafted" items that go with the unidentifiable materials are sold on the market and by the GC, you need 4 of each type (80k seals if you buy all of them from your GC), ie. adamantite francesca, titanium alloy mirror, dispelling arrow and kingcake (IIRC)
  • various mats to trade in for crystal sand, like moonstones (GC vendor), amber encased vilekin (contained in HW leve chests, you can start a leve, search for the chest and reset the leve if you loot it or it doesn't spawn), certain materia, other mats, and tokens you buy with red scrips

E: And everything starts with FATE farming, if you plan to do more than one anima you can actually keep the quest (pick it right up again on another job if you progress your first anima) and farm/stockpile the crystals for later use.

E2: I listed how many poetics you have to spend on what item earlier, maybe that helps

orcane fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 25, 2019

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ah cool. I'll probably just do a relic "manually" to unlock all the steps and familiarize myself with all the currencies then.

Now to decide which....

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I use ACT solely to watch my and my party's DPS. It is especially useful as AST, since I used to decide balance recipients by threat-- whichever DPS had more threat probably meant they did more damage but then really good DPS people were using diversion, etc.

I understand other people use it to watch server ticks for MP and junk like that, but that seems too much.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I dislike ACT power creeping into boss mods, cuz the same arms race in wow lead to making GBS threads all over some boss mod functions that broke unrelated useful addon functions on top of balancing encounters around people using boss mods (to some extent), and it would really suck if square started shutting out ACT and we lost access to a useful DPS meter.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
No but seriously, what's wrong with Construct 7? I can understand beef with another "whoaaaaa get sucked into a room with a dps check minion" but the core mechanics of the fight (math, that spin attack) always came off as super neat to me.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
his jaunty dance is offensive

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

People think they want (or just think they like) fights that give them an opportunity to not do anything but watch their hotbar and do their rotations. So when a boss comes in that requires a bit of math, it's the antithesis to what they like about fights.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Zokari posted:

I'm 2 scales from finishing my Eureka weapon and it won't have been worth it.

I am incredibly disappointed with the appearance of my final Eureka axe but after some thought I realize I shouldn't have expected anything different for the ultimate result of this entire accursed venture

I am, however, happy with my Ozma mount and Kirin's Osode so Eureka ends for me as it began - desperately trying to rip some small comforting victories from the jaws of a terrible system

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

It's like 16,000 poetics total. 8 Dungeons or so and like 75 A1S runs for light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Putting the oldest quest in my journal to bed. Had it since 2.1 because I'm lazy as gently caress.

I should have turned in during daytime. Will I ever use a yumizono again? Probably not, but at least I have 50 more now.