Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still horrified that Abcde is real. Mum was like "omg there's an Abcde in this class I'm teaching", I'm like "mum no that's a racist joke" but I came in to do some helping out at the school and saw the roll and yeah there's a girl called Abcde :psyduck: If it's not on her birth certificate it's at least how she was enrolled at the school.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Who cares what people name their kids tbh, at best you're perpetuating lovely classist hangups

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

Who cares what people name their kids tbh, at best you're perpetuating lovely classist hangups

Abcde's middle class classmates consist of eight Mackenzies (five girls, three boys), two Dakotas, two Siennas, nine Jacks, three Skylers and one Danaerys.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Acute Grill posted:

Don't most places have special areas for management to park? Like, my work has all the choice spots reserved for top management, and then the second-tier parking is for supervisors, a very small number of spots near the public entrance for visitors, and then it's the thunderdome for everyone else.

I think big companies with deep pockets do but I've literally never worked in a place where management got special parking spots. The closest to special parking was that I worked at a place where you either got provided with an all you can ride bus pass or a card for the nearest parking garage. There were no special spots; it was just a park there free as much as you like as long as you need sort of thing.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

RoboRodent posted:

Not turning wine bottles back doesn't inconvenience middle class customers. It inconveniences the store staff making minimum wage who have to go look for and then turn them back around, because management is on their case about the "mess."

I work at a liquor store so this is exactly what I meant. They leave trash in displays or on the floor, leave bottles in the beer cooler they got from the wine aisle across the store when they change their mind, leave sample cups from wine tastings on the shelves, pick something up then put it in front of another product literally right next to it, leave six packs dangerous dangling over the edge of a rack, shove six packs back sideways, take product from the cooler and leave it condensating and lukewarm elsewhere, throw their money on the counter at checkout, not brush out their shoes on the carpets at the door and track in dirt/snow/paint/dogshit, pull sweaty money out of their tits, leave broken poo poo lying there and tell no one if it seems like it wasn't heard, etc. etc. etc.

Thank gently caress I get paid way above minimum wage or I would have lost my mind long ago. Customers aren't just verbally or emotionally obnoxious, they do everything in their power to be as completely inconsiderate and lazy as possible.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that if you were watching them they'd never do 90% of this poo poo since they know it's rude and inconsiderate, but when no one is watching, of course.

Just pisses me off especially because my parents very deliberately and specifically disciplined me to be as considerate as possible in stores and public spaces.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Feb 24, 2019

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I work at a liquor store so this is exactly what I meant. They leave trash in displays or on the floor, leave bottles in the beer cooler they got from the wine aisle across the store when they change their mind, leave sample cups from wine tastings on the shelves, pick something up then put it in front of another product literally right next to it, leave six packs dangerous dangling over the edge of a rack, shove six packs back sideways, take product from the cooler and leave it condensating and lukewarm elsewhere, throw their money on the counter at checkout, not brush out their shoes on the carpets at the door and track in dirt/snow/paint/dogshit, pull sweaty money out of their tits, leave broken poo poo lying there and tell no one if it seems like it wasn't heard, etc. etc. etc.

Thank gently caress I get paid way above minimum wage or I would have lost my mind long ago. Customers aren't just verbally or emotionally obnoxious, they do everything in their power to be as completely inconsiderate and lazy as possible.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that if you were watching them they'd never do 90% of this poo poo since they know it's rude and inconsiderate, but when no one is watching, of course.

Just pisses me off especially because my parents very deliberately and specifically disciplined me to be as considerate as possible in stores and public spaces.

My absolute pants shittingly rude favourite is when customers come in, a parent and a kid, and the parent drops some rubbish on the floor (rubbish acquired outside your store, obviously). Kid's like "oh no mummy pick it up that's littering! :ohdear:" And the mum just says "no, leave it, the lady will pick it up" and just... Walks off.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I saw a photo from a paper where they had named their daughter KVIIItlin.

I really hope that’s stdh.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Zenithe posted:

I saw a photo from a paper where they had named their daughter KVIIItlin.

I really hope that’s stdh.

I was delighted to find out Germans online say "gute n8" to say good night to each other :kimchi:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Really that's just working in a store in general. The place I worked couldn't sell booze because Pennsylvania but you'd have customers doing poo poo that was just as inconsiderate. Sometimes it's on purpose because some people are just dicks. Somebody once hid an entire fish behind a shoe display that we didn't find right away. The craziest part is that we didn't sell entire fish. Other than that people would decide they didn't want something they'd get in the meat department and just throw it on any old shelf, refrigerated or not. The frozen aisle would constantly have random crap that shouldn't be frozen just stuffed in the freezer. People would also sneakily eat things then just leave the container hidden somewhere.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Really that's just working in a store in general. The place I worked couldn't sell booze because Pennsylvania but you'd have customers doing poo poo that was just as inconsiderate. Sometimes it's on purpose because some people are just dicks. Somebody once hid an entire fish behind a shoe display that we didn't find right away. The craziest part is that we didn't sell entire fish. Other than that people would decide they didn't want something they'd get in the meat department and just throw it on any old shelf, refrigerated or not. The frozen aisle would constantly have random crap that shouldn't be frozen just stuffed in the freezer. People would also sneakily eat things then just leave the container hidden somewhere.

I really hate that “oh the employees will pick up after me” poo poo. Yeah, they WILL, but it means taking time out of their actual normal work to do it. Their job is not to do the sort of basic picking up and putting thinga back we teach four-year-olds.

I work at a vet’s office so it’s a step above retail hell but it still happens. Coffee cups, spills, indoor dog piss they xouldn’t be bothered to even mention so it dries and smells instead being a fast easy cleanup job!!, fast food trash, etc. The worst is people leaving dog poop outside, sometimes in places where other loving patrons can easily step in it, when there’s multiple signs pointing to our dog poop bag dispensers and associated trash cans. Yes we will do it for you but it means someone whose job is making your dog not die gets sent out of the hospital to go waste time on poop patrol. You fucker.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I really hate that “oh the employees will pick up after me” poo poo. Yeah, they WILL, but it means taking time out of their actual normal work to do it. Their job is not to do the sort of basic picking up and putting thinga back we teach four-year-olds.

I work at a vet’s office so it’s a step above retail hell but it still happens. Coffee cups, spills, indoor dog piss they xouldn’t be bothered to even mention so it dries and smells instead being a fast easy cleanup job!!, fast food trash, etc. The worst is people leaving dog poop outside, sometimes in places where other loving patrons can easily step in it, when there’s multiple signs pointing to our dog poop bag dispensers and associated trash cans. Yes we will do it for you but it means someone whose job is making your dog not die gets sent out of the hospital to go waste time on poop patrol. You fucker.

Inevitably these are also the same people that will bitch that the place is in disarray. They walk through like a tornado and gently caress the place up then are all "oh my goodness, who made this atrocious mess?!? What do I even give you money for if you can't clean this place? Why I'm leaving a bad review."

You did you fucker. You and everybody like you that chooses not to have basic loving decency. Why yes I did work for a decade with the public doing various retail, restaurant, and convenience work and am now at record setting levels of generalized misanthropy, why do you ask?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I'm still horrified that Abcde is real. Mum was like "omg there's an Abcde in this class I'm teaching", I'm like "mum no that's a racist joke" but I came in to do some helping out at the school and saw the roll and yeah there's a girl called Abcde :psyduck: If it's not on her birth certificate it's at least how she was enrolled at the school.

It's originally a Hawaiian name iirc. No idea if that kid's Hawaiian, but that's where a lot of the Abcdes come from.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Zipperelli. posted:

I hate being in healthcare and hearing nurses swear up and down that they were on a unit where a patient was named La-A or some lady named her kids Orangello or Lemongello or Fe-male or other racist, dumb poo poo.

You would think that with everyone knowing someone who knows someone who knows La-A or whatever, that meeting someone with these names would be a bit more common, but alas...

Is it only white nurses who say it, or do even POC do it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I worked at a Gamestop for a year and it was bad enough to ensure that I will never work retail again.

Highlights included spending all morning re-alphabetizing the PS2 section (this was like, a decade ago) only for people to immediately come over when I was finished and get it all out of order again, having to explain to people why they were only going to get twenty cents for their traded-in copy of Madden '01, and literally watching someone walk out of Wal-Mart with a handful of stolen games, come across the parking lot to us, and want to trade them in for cash. :argh:

...do we have a 'retail worker nightmare stories' thread anywhere?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The rest sounds terrible, and I'm sure there was a bunch of other indignities, but I can't imagine giving a poo poo about people shoplifting from a different store.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

The rest sounds terrible, and I'm sure there was a bunch of other indignities, but I can't imagine giving a poo poo about people shoplifting from a different store.

Probably a lot of paperwork if you take stolen goods

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Len posted:

If the theft is reported and they catch the thieves and they trace it to the Gamestop.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Len posted:

Skwirl posted:

If the theft is reported and they catch the thieves and they trace it to the Gamestop.

There was literally nothing we could do about it. Gamestop couldn't turn down trade-ins with a legit reason, and we couldn't accuse of them stealing them without 100% concrete evidence that they were stolen. Otherwise we'd be opening ourselves up to a lawsuit.

Wal-Mart didn't give a poo poo either. They lose so much money in shoplifting every year, but it's a drop in a bucket compared to how much they make in profits. It's kind of ridiculous.

Our manager would call the head manager of the Wal-Mart whenever it happened, and the guy would just shrug and tell us not to worry about it.

Skwirl posted:

It's more the principal of it. I don't give a poo poo if you steal from Wal-Mart, but this older man and woman was doing it consistently two or three times a week. One of them would come in with the same stack of stolen games from the discount bin at Wal-Mart. It was poo poo that was never going to sell so it was just clogging up our limited store space.

It didn't help that it was just the discs, too, so we had to print labels and make cases for them and it was really just a giant pain in the rear end.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I also intern at an animal hospital so lol, I can relate to this too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The labels and cases does sound more annoying. I was just assuming you slapped a sticker on the case it was in and put it on the shelf.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Took too long to reply nothing to see here

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Len posted:

That's fair. But if the guy working across the street knew they were stolen from Walmart you think Walmarts senior bouncer doesn't know?

Walmart seriously doesn't care.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Walmart seriously doesn't care.

They cared enough to fire me for eating one banana of a literal ton that was marked as waste headed for the compost. It just matters who you piss off.

The guy who was standing beside me also eating a banana is still there 5 years later.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

GameStop must have changed their policy because I legit bought a game that I never opened for two years and figured, I’ll never play this, I’ll just take a hit and sell it to buy another game I want that’s been out a while.

They wouldn’t buy it because it was still in the packaging.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

life is killing me posted:

GameStop must have changed their policy because I legit bought a game that I never opened for two years and figured, I’ll never play this, I’ll just take a hit and sell it to buy another game I want that’s been out a while.

They wouldn’t buy it because it was still in the packaging.

That's still the policy. That's always been the policy as far as I know.

The people stealing games from Wal-Mart were cutting the cases open and sliding the discs out, and then just bringing us the discs.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Vandar posted:

That's still the policy. That's always been the policy as far as I know.

The people stealing games from Wal-Mart were cutting the cases open and sliding the discs out, and then just bringing us the discs.
They wouldn't buy it because it was still in the packaging.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
knowing them, there is probably some policy saying they have to pay near full retail for an unopened game instead of their standard offer of 1-5 dollars in store credit even if the game came out yesterday.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Splicer posted:

They wouldn't buy it because it was still in the packaging.

Yeah, their logic is that unopened games have a higher chance of being stolen.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Some games just sell like hot cakes. I once got about $20 for a game I don’t even remember what it was, expressing surprise that I was going to get that much. It’s all about how many used copies of whatever game they have been selling lately, and they said this one had been really popular still.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I remember long ago there was a post on these forums about how a goon was doing vague white powder ">0.001milligram dosages will irreparably gently caress you up" tier drugs and his dad found his drug stash and rubbed some of it on his gums thinking it was sugar or something.
Then several hours later said goon finds his dad in his underwear in the kitchen asking him if he wants eggs for breakfast while an entire loaf of bread in the plastic wrap and a full carton of eggs was burning in a frying pan on the stove long enough to become a fire hazard.

Unfortunately I cannot find the post or story :smith: If anybody had the vaguest idea what I'm talking about or a link to it, that would be most appreciated.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who rubs sugar on their gums

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

Who rubs sugar on their gums

The kind who thought the 'sugar' was 'cocaine'

Amnizu
Nov 3, 2003

TELL ME WHY HILLARY INJECTED A MARIJUANA

EorayMel posted:

I remember long ago there was a post on these forums about how a goon was doing vague white powder ">0.001milligram dosages will irreparably gently caress you up" tier drugs and his dad found his drug stash and rubbed some of it on his gums thinking it was sugar or something.
Then several hours later said goon finds his dad in his underwear in the kitchen asking him if he wants eggs for breakfast while an entire loaf of bread in the plastic wrap and a full carton of eggs was burning in a frying pan on the stove long enough to become a fire hazard.

Unfortunately I cannot find the post or story :smith: If anybody had the vaguest idea what I'm talking about or a link to it, that would be most appreciated.

I can't find the post, but it was about carfentanil or one of the other opiates that can kill you if you touch too much of them iirc.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Amnizu posted:

I can't find the post, but it was about carfentanil or one of the other opiates that can kill you if you touch too much of them iirc.

Opioids are loving awful and no one should try them, but mainlining fentanyl and poo poo similar or worse than it just makes you dead. There’s no median wacky stage.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Feb 25, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Opioids are loving awful and no one should try them, but mainlining fentanyl and poo poo similar or worse than it just makes you dead. There no median wacky stage.

I was mainlining fentanyl last year and it was great

because I had surgery and it sorted out a bunch of problems

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

kimbo305 posted:

Is it only white nurses who say it, or do even POC do it?

No POC has ever laughed at any child or adult's name directly in my presence, unlike white people, who are unabashedly flippant.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pretty sure white people and POC can come together in laughing at Reince Priebus.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

No POC has ever laughed at any child or adult's name directly in my presence, unlike white people, who are unabashedly flippant.

There is literally a thread on this forum where people do nothing but make fun of names. It's the most :psy: poo poo ever and I do not understand why it's allowed here, or the ugly thread, but I'm a softy I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Vandar posted:

...do we have a 'retail worker nightmare stories' thread anywhere?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3323091 Here's the retail thread!