Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Is Arbeitnehmerüberlassung something I should avoid at all costs, or is it actually an ok thing? Me being the Arbeitnehmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

pidan posted:

Is Arbeitnehmerüberlassung something I should avoid at all costs, or is it actually an ok thing? Me being the Arbeitnehmer.

It really comes down to "at which Firma" and "for which client", and no one can really predict that for you, outside of ausschließing certain employers based on experience. Some are absolute personnel-mills with pretty much no soul, but depending on the client, they're almost always a sprungbrett into any industry since you can build your resume there. The question is whether you're okay with working in less-than-optimal environments with no guarantee to get übernommen.

A friend of mine did the grind for two and a half years, and eventually landed the perfect job with Brose back home, but listening to his story about the way there schreckt me ab quite a bit about the whole concept.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Yo Duzzy I'm gonna be umtopfing this big girl sometime this week probably. Should I just get some Kräutererde and one of those small little Anzuchttöpfe at this stage and don't fertilize until I'm ready to move it into the bigger, final Topf at a later date? I'm a bit concerned about buying the wrong kind of Erde.

The jalapeño right behind it started sprouting too, so I have at least two plants so far :kimchi:

Drone fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 25, 2019

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yay! :neckbeard:

Also I just realized I’m an idiot and picked up non-bio torfige Erde when I topfed um. This won’t kill them, will it? :ohdear:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

pidan posted:

Being a Leiharbeiter should generally be avoided, yes. If you are both in a position to avoid those Kinds of offerings, however, it is still preferable to the deliberately engineered hellscape that is the job center bureaucracy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Drone posted:

Yo Duzzy I'm gonna be umtopfing this big girl sometime this week probably. Should I just get some Kräutererde and one of those small little Anzuchttöpfe at this stage and don't fertilize until I'm ready to move it into the bigger, final Topf at a later date? I'm a bit concerned about buying the wrong kind of Erde.

I think I effortposted about it somewhere earlier in the thread, getting a bunch of plastic cups, drilling a few holes in the bottom, and using them for the first Auspflanzing is perfectly fine. I grabbed a bunch of 50-cent Töpfe from my local Pflanzen Kölle, because I'm going to re-use them, but it's more of a "whatever works for you" thing. If you don't want to umtopf multiple times, you can also just immediately umtopf into the final pot, but then you shouldn't fertilize until the plant is "healthily big", and there's a chance you could over-water it which it doesn't like.

No real "danger" to it, honestly.

The reason most people do two umtopfings is because on the second umtopfing, you can choose the perfect mixture of Erde with fertilizer substrat already added in, so you're hands-off for quite a while, and then can easily work your way through the rest of the year with liquid Dünger. Having trockendünger mixed into the Erde of the first Topf you auspflanz your little seedling into might actually have a really unhealthy PH Wert for it, I think.

Zwille posted:

Yay! :neckbeard:

Also I just realized I’m an idiot and picked up non-bio torfige Erde when I topfed um. This won’t kill them, will it? :ohdear:

Generally try to look up if your seeds like torf-reiche Erde, and if there are some that really don't like it, you could shell out 4 bucks for some torf-free Kräutererde. Erde with torf won't kill something that has already sprouted, it just may not be the ideal Erde for your Pflanze. Hell, I think torf-reiche Erde like the Jiffy Pods will still work with seeds that don't like torf, it just may take longer and reduce your spawn rate or something.

Most of the work you see people put into growing Chilis isn't "to make the plants survive", because they're pretty loving resilient species, it's mostly establishing the perfect conditions for the highest possible yield/flavor/spice/growth/etc.
So I'd rather say don't think of whatever you do as making mistakes, because it's more likely just "not doing the PERFECT thing" in any situation. And by your spawn rate and the looks of your chilis, you've been doing perfectly well so far without being close to an expert, you're essentially in the same position I was with Pods and Anzuchthäuser a year ago. All my previous chili growing experience was low-effort trial & error.

When in doubt, just google the specific kinds of chili you have and look for people that figured this poo poo out for the exact type you have, and then just go along with it. Growing chilis is a fun and rewarding hobby, try to not massively overthink it. :)

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Speaking of chilies, my habanero from last year that I überwinterte has grown a new 1cm fruit already. Yay.

Less good, the new ones haven’t sprouted anything yet, but it’s only been 3.5 days so I remain hopeful.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Germany Discussion: I have never even seen a (Gewächs)haus

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Today in extremely cursed images:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Holy poo poo you can überwinter these fuckers? I’m set for life. Alright I’ll just go with „don’t overthink it“ as well. Thank you!

e: chilis, not Jens Spahn

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Thanks for the edit, I was thoroughly confused

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Today in extremely cursed images:

That suit is gonna give me nightmares. The Scheitel too. I really you hadn't posted this, or rather that this picture didn't exist

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6K3l0SDyU

Ein Lied für Männer mit Spahnschädel und Sturmscheitel.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Smirr posted:

That suit is gonna give me nightmares. The Scheitel too. I really you hadn't posted this, or rather that this picture didn't exist

Suit is fine

Scheitel is how my dad would have looked had he been 65 in 1950

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

The longer you look at this guy, the more he appears to be melting like a candle. Also his shirt has prison stripes and no collar, which is a bit too fashion forward for the JU IMHO

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6K3l0SDyU

Ein Lied für Männer mit Spahnschädel und Sturmscheitel.

Good god, now that's a blast from the past. Wow, Eisregen are actually still around. That's mystifying

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Good god, now that's a blast from the past. Wow, Eisregen are actually still around. That's mystifying

Mit der Drumline von Ronny für Ronnies.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Do they breed these Amthorites or what? Why do they all look the same?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Wengy posted:

Do they breed these Amthorites or what? Why do they all look the same?

It's the modern ideal to look like that. It's not easy to get support in an old party when you're not old yourself, you instead you look like a nice boy that old people would give a dollar to.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hart aber fair reviews are rolling in

Hmm ok but let's go to Peter Braun eins at GMX Punkt confoederatio helvetica for the rebuttal

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Goons Are Great posted:

It's the modern ideal to look like that. It's not easy to get support in an old party when you're not old yourself, you instead you look like a nice boy that old people would give a dollar to.

It's this. Old people can get really scared of funny looking youth, idk why. And they really appreciate if they are ordentlich looking.

There is probably some deep insight about AfD popularity here that I don't care digging for

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Opferwurst posted:

It's this. Old people can get really scared of funny looking youth, idk why. And they really appreciate if they are ordentlich looking.

There is probably some deep insight about AfD popularity here that I don't care digging for

Well there's Diana Kinnert

Who is kind of borderline weird looking in a CDU way and also some variety of LGBT

But maybe women have a bit more Freiraum there

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Did the CDU think it was underrepresented in the child sexual predator demographic?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Zwille posted:

Holy poo poo you can überwinter these fuckers? I’m set for life. Alright I’ll just go with „don’t overthink it“ as well. Thank you!

e: chilis, not Jens Spahn

You can. My experience has been that the thicker the Stamm and more solid the branching, the easier they pull through, and you get thick Stämme in large pots, because if the plant can keep expanding its rootwork continually, it will focus a decent amount of its effort on growth. It doesn't work out that well in the 10-12cm pots I'm aiming for in this season, but since I'm going for more diversity, I'm pretty okay with that.

Also, regarding Dünger, check out this guide on what to watch during the individual Phasen of your plants: https://www.chilli-diy.com/chilipflanzen-duengerratgeber/

It boils down to basically two things: 1. During Wachstum, you'll want to have a Stickstoff-heavier Dünger 2. once it starts blühing proper, you'll want to switch to a phosphor/Kalium-heavier one to give it more Nährstoffe and reg an the Fruchtbildung
Keep in mind that most Dünger-guides assume an ungedüngte Erde, so they recommend Dünging even right after Auspflanzing, but the Kräutererde/Tomatenerde you buy in the Baumarkt is an already angemischtes Substrat that easily has enough Nährstoffe for the early Wachstum of your little ones. If you're looking for a one-fits-all Dünger that you don't really need to switch around, Flüssigdünger for Gemüsepflanzen is available everywhere for kleines Geld, and it has everything your Chilis need.

It's basically an All-season tire of Dünger, with decent performance in all stages, and you don't need to worry about rear-ending other cars in the winter because your Bremsweg is considerably worse.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

pidan posted:

Well there's Diana Kinnert

Who is kind of borderline weird looking in a CDU way and also some variety of LGBT

But maybe women have a bit more Freiraum there

Well I wouldn't deny that there can be people looking less like a "Guter Junge", as the CDU still has a younger average than some other parties, but if you actually win some big elections looking like this might be questionable.
Not only for the CDU, but at some point in federal politics you might want to appear Staatsmännisch/fräuisch? and for most conservative eyes this might not do the trick.

You rarely hear about other youngsters trying to rise ranks without looking Spahn-ly in the CDU though so there's little comparison if this is a consensus or just people being, let's say, pragmatic about their looks.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

You can say whatever you want about Amerika, but I really admire the progressive attitude toward self expression. Outside the Großstädte of Berlin and Munich you still often collect judgemental looks if you appear +- 10% out of normal range. It can feel outright oppressive sometimes. (I guess that's one of the reasons why I often feel so uncomfortable around >40y old bougies)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/Tieresindfreaks/status/1100311066192556032

:allears:

Something else: when I moved mack to Bavaria I decided to subscribe to the Facebook feeds of all major parties' local branch to get a bit of a feel what is going on. The AfD feed was comparatively tame until recently, when either the Facebook algorithm decided to massively push their poo poo or they got someone new for their social media presence who constantly pushes out new stuff, I don't know. In any case my FB feed is now a constant barrage of racism and climate change denial and it sucks and I don't know whether to unsubscribe them and sanitise my feed somewhat or to keep checking on them to see what the far right is cooking up atm.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The best thing to do is to delete Facebook. No, not your account. No, not the app either.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You can. My experience has been that the thicker the Stamm and more solid the branching, the easier they pull through, and you get thick Stämme in large pots, because if the plant can keep expanding its rootwork continually, it will focus a decent amount of its effort on growth. It doesn't work out that well in the 10-12cm pots I'm aiming for in this season, but since I'm going for more diversity, I'm pretty okay with that.

Mine is now in a 15 * 100 or so and the Stamm is like 1.5cm. Some of the Blätter look a bit weird (brown places), but let’s see what happens.
I think potentially there are some which are only einjährig, but who knows. As long as they have warm (inside in the winter) and wet, just try it. I mean it’s not as if their original place really has seasons.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aw yeah. Seeds are from last year's chili plant we bought, we specifically bought additional seeds this year but they haven't sprouted yet.

Bonus: two pots of Thai basil are coming up, too!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mano posted:

Mine is now in a 15 * 100 or so and the Stamm is like 1.5cm. Some of the Blätter look a bit weird (brown places), but let’s see what happens.
I think potentially there are some which are only einjährig, but who knows. As long as they have warm (inside in the winter) and wet, just try it. I mean it’s not as if their original place really has seasons.

I don't think there's such a thing as "einjährige Chilis", since they live through the winter in whichever climate they are originally from, so it's usually just about trying to approximate those conditions for them as close as possible during the German winter, which is basically keeping them inside. The prep you need to think about is cutting them back because if they enter the German winter with their full blatt-Pracht right after a summer, it fucks with them because that's not what happens in their native climate, so they just die.

Post some pics if you have some. My thai / Indian chilis had some solid growth and Stämme, and due to the Blattlausplage I had to combat, they lost all their leaves, but I'm not giving up on them, because the Stamm/branchstruktur is still reasonably fine and it's only a few more weeks until the weather allows for them being put back outside. I'm still a little apprehensive.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Aw yeah. Seeds are from last year's chili plant we bought, we specifically bought additional seeds this year but they haven't sprouted yet.

Bonus: two pots of Thai basil are coming up, too!

drat, I didn't know you were in the pool of Chillgoons as well, what kind of basil are you growing? And did you keep last year's chili plant "pure" in terms of germination, or do you think it may have been cross-pollinated and you're now looking at some form of hybrid?
Because that's something I have scheduled in my head at the moment for this season, I'd love to cross-pollinate one of my lemon drops with a chocolate habanero just to see what happens.

I'll keep the Carolina Reapers to themselves, though, because...well...Caronlina loving Reapers

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So that's like 5 Chiligoons now, drat.

We should do a Germany thread hot sauce swap at some point or something :flame:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Smirr posted:

Hart aber fair reviews are rolling in

hart aber fair knows exactly that them putting nazi stuff in the title would draw people, and they also know exactly what kind of image this is:

https://twitter.com/hartaberfair/status/1100163304385904640

https://twitter.com/hartaberfair/status/1100182379744890881

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hard to say, it already bore fruit when we bought it. They were small and purple, ripened red, and packed a punch. Also it's more my girlfriend than me actively caring for these, I'll have to ask about the deets on the basil.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

hart aber fair knows exactly that them putting nazi stuff in the title would draw people, and they also know exactly what kind of image this is:

https://twitter.com/hartaberfair/status/1100163304385904640

https://twitter.com/hartaberfair/status/1100182379744890881

The statement "Man muss den Leuten ihre Sehnsucht nach der Heimat lassen" would probably not have moved me as a 12-year-old, but seeing an old white Austrian (tm) using this as a disclaimer for his arguments...well...this poo poo honestly doesn't surprise me anymore.

gently caress Hubert.

To compensate emotionally, here's my choice of plugging the remaining lemon drop, white fantasy, chocolate and red habanero seeds into my Anzuchthaus, because I figured making some more of my Arbeitskollegen/Friends/Family happy with a setzling they'd be happy about helps us all just a wee bit. It also statistically reduces our carbon footprint, I guess :downs:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
I keep seeing cupcakes in all those little plantnugget images.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Opferwurst posted:

You can say whatever you want about Amerika, but I really admire the progressive attitude toward self expression. Outside the Großstädte of Berlin and Munich you still often collect judgemental looks if you appear +- 10% out of normal range. It can feel outright oppressive sometimes. (I guess that's one of the reasons why I often feel so uncomfortable around >40y old bougies)

True, a friend of my sister (who only seldom leaves their tiny village), apparently got panic attacks after she noticed the "many" black people living in Hannover. They were apparently too far outside that +- 10% range of normal for her. :v:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Opferwurst posted:

I'm very judgemental towards the Amiphilie in this post and think you should be oppressed for it.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Drone posted:

So that's like 5 Chiligoons now, drat.

We should do a Germany thread hot sauce swap at some point or something :flame:

Yeah I’m totally making some hot sauce if the Setzlings keep up like they have and would be down for a swaparound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Attac ist nicht mehr gemeinnützig.