Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fI7zm7RXHs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Brainamp posted:

Highlander ladies are great and having amazing emotes, but roe ladies also got style.

Don't get me wrong. She great, but I dunno... I think I'm still cuter.

Since I'm new to this, how are people taking screenshots like that last one that effectively gets the whole character in frame but doesn't make them tiny as gently caress?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tashilicious posted:

i try to double my holy spam with DRK and none of them have complained yet which saddens me

Since you don't need to DA Abyssal Drain when you're not taking damage, the little bit of Blood Price and the occasional Quietus after the stuns have wore off are usually more than enough for MP

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Adus posted:

Since I'm new to this, how are people taking screenshots like that last one that effectively gets the whole character in frame but doesn't make them tiny as gently caress?

If you're not using it, definitely try out /gpose. It's got a whole bunch of camera tools you can use by pressing whatever your autorun button is by default, I think? The answer to your second question is that Roes never look tiny as gently caress. :v:

Minrad posted:

yoshida wrote a gigantic post about hydatos

tl;dr of google translate: they are making more content like it, they plan to buff the support fate, the portal keys are getting cheaper, portals from support fate will probably be blue instead of instant red, they're changing ovni to make portals spawn a few minutes after he dies, feedback is very different betwee NA/EU and JP forums (likely related to NA/EU clearing it 'easily' with premades and discord and the JP preference for pugging getting kind of hosed due to how BA is designed), also he mentions that the content was inspired by wizardy and d2 hardcore.

Blehhh, I'm not sure how I feel about any of those as someone still trying to get his first clear. The ludicrous cost of portal keys is one of the few things letting you reliably organize a competent party via discord.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

There's a vendor on the west side of Rhalgr's, north of the scrip NPCs, who upgrades the various crafted sets.

ETA: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/J%27tandhaa

Thanks! This was driving me insane. I have some gil to burn so this will help me boost up my ilvl a bit.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Jose Valasquez posted:

He always jumps the way he is facing. So you always go behind him and then left or right depending on which way the aoe is rotating

Zack Ater posted:

Unfortunately he can jump either north or south. We had more trouble with archive all than we did with HW2.

e:f,b

What a dick. Thank you for the responses. I wanted to check because there really isn't much time between him turning and you needing to get away.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

To be fair I usually need a call out for Archive All because his fat rear end is sitting on top of the rotation direction and if I try to eyeball it I'll often go left when I should have gone right. (Always pop sprint there just in case).

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Players, dumb and entitled: Trying to get 48 people into the same instance sucks rear end.

Yoshi, wisely: Now you can buy five times as many stabilizers. Please look forward to it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I was hoping the patch would increase the drop rate for the extra magicite, but we can't have everything we want I guess.

Maybe when we get closer to Shadowbringers launch.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

30 Crystals for the support fate is really good at least

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Alder posted:

What could have been a sweet glam but forever locked behind PVP.

A few pages back, but what chest piece is this?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Minrad posted:

yoshida wrote a gigantic post about hydatos

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/360414?p=4895993&posted=1#post4895993

tl;dr of google translate: they are making more content like it, they plan to buff the support fate, the portal keys are getting cheaper, portals from support fate will probably be blue instead of instant red, they're changing ovni to make portals spawn a few minutes after he dies, feedback is very different betwee NA/EU and JP forums (likely related to NA/EU clearing it 'easily' with premades and discord and the JP preference for pugging getting kind of hosed due to how BA is designed), also he mentions that the content was inspired by wizardy and d2 hardcore.

The wizardry comment makes me want an etrian odyssey esque dungeon crawl mode. Like PotD but with statically designed floors and exploration focused.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Bolow posted:

30 Crystals for the support fate is really good at least

I guess, but literally everyone who has ever looked at the design of this content except for the developers has said "why doesn't it just give a few eureka fragments??"

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Baldman Arsenal is TBC-era boss design and trash kept afloat solely by the fact that getting a sufficient amount of brain cells into the instance is a pain in the rear end. In that light, ensuring that five times more randos can sneak in and get pasted by Art and Owain makes perfect sense.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I didn't realize that weeping city and ridorana lighthouse bosses existed in TBC

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

homeless snail posted:

I didn't realize that weeping city and ridorana lighthouse bosses existed in TBC

Ozma literally casts Flame Wreath, but go off king

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I will not move when Black Hole is cast or the raid’s sucked up

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Is there a resource for crafting rotations to use as I'm leveling/gain more CP?

Currently at level 54 for all crafts so I have all the cross-skills but not sure what would be optimal at this point.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

What races have the best mohawks? This is important

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

DontMindMe posted:

Is there a resource for crafting rotations to use as I'm leveling/gain more CP?

Currently at level 54 for all crafts so I have all the cross-skills but not sure what would be optimal at this point.

https://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/simulator

Enjoy. (I mean that unironically! Figuring out crafting rotations as you level and clear stat thresholds is probably the most interesting part of crafting.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I decided to start working on completing my fishing log because I'm an insane person and started in earnest over the weekend using a tracker site that allowed me to filter by patch/expansion. I filtered it to only include ARR fish to help my inventory space and keep stress over missing things low and made some decent progress.

Then I made the mistake of filtering by "uptime" and popping the HW and SB fish back in out of curiosity and oh my god there are so many fish that are only even possible to obtain 1% or less of the time :stare:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

jalapeno_dude posted:

https://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/simulator

Enjoy. (I mean that unironically! Figuring out crafting rotations as you level and clear stat thresholds is probably the most interesting part of crafting.)

Yeah I'll have to mess with this. A shame I can't import (it appears broken right now) and have to setup each crafting tab separately.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bleu posted:

Oh dang you found one point of similarity, you nailed it.

The bosses in Baldesion Arsenal are totally standard FF14 24 man fare boss. Every single one of them with the exception of one or two mechanics in Proto Ozma are poo poo we have seen before.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

Yeah I'll have to mess with this. A shame I can't import (it appears broken right now) and have to setup each crafting tab separately.
http://xivdb.com/ closed earlier this year, and that's what it's set to import from. So until it gets updated to pull from a different site, it'll stay broken.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I filtered it to only include ARR fish to help my inventory space and keep stress over missing things low

:allears:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I mean it worked until I looked at the other stuff

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Bleu posted:

I will not move when Flame Wreath is cast or the raid blows up.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Xaitil posted:

A few pages back, but what chest piece is this?

Field Commander's Coat from 100 seal rock wins

default color: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/4551a07ab65/

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Bleu posted:

Iiiiiii will not move when Flame Wreath is cast, or the raaaaaaaid willl blow uuuuuuuuup~

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i was the first one to reference that ytmnd and i DEMAND recognition

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

World War Mammories posted:

You're the man now, dog.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Found something called, Final Fantasy XIV: Lalafell-sensei Will Teach You

It's a gag strip on exactly what NOT to do.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

I recognize that I shouldn't move when Flame Wreath is cast, or the raid blows up.

Bleu fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 26, 2019

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Truth

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

ImpAtom posted:

Oh lord, it's coming (to mogstation now.)

Whoa that's hilarious and good.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Today is the day. The day I reach rank 8 with the Vanu Vanu.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering with this, since I already have the mount and I don't think they give anything neat at rank 8. But it's gotta happen. Next I will focus on the Kobolds, since I will have completed all Heavensward and Stormblood beast tribes and Kobolds have a cool mount.

DontMindMe posted:

I think I mentioned this a while back, but if you're leveling them all together, I would recommend focusing one up to 60+. As is you're basically wasting the Namazu and Custom Delivery experience you could be getting each day/week.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The best dance in the game is locked behind the HW allied beast tribes quest

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure why I'm bothering with this, since I already have the mount and I don't think they give anything neat at rank 8.

You're doing it because the allied beast tribe quests are fantastic :D

e:

homeless snail posted:

The best dance in the game is locked behind the HW allied beast tribes quest

Yeah, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I thought I was on the homestretch for Eureka Pagos a couple of days ago, just having to get 8 more forged crystals for the relic and knowing of "the strat" that involves abusing the Bunny FATE.

My plan got derailed because people have suddenly started doing the Bunny FATE, even though it is the least lucrative of all the available Bunny FATEs, just because its main reward gives people the chance to get a hat from one of the NMs.

I have been stuck in Pagos for two days because some clowns want a hat. :catstare: