Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bushisms.txt posted:

The one example of 2077 gameplay we have revealed the worst, most trite writing since Conker's. Hope the gameplay is good this time.

That's not fair.

Conker's BFD knew what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

2077 will have 4 hours of good gameplay across a 40 hour slog of flash and glitz that will do nothing to live up to the heavily curated gameplay shown in trailers

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really don't think catering to Nazis is at all profitable for major corporations. Every instance I see of people claiming that its stuff like Pewdiepie where Youtube makes money of him but have to quietly ignore his existence because they REALLY WISH he wasn't an alt-righter. Its not catering to Nazis, its profitting off them while pretending they don't exist. Which is still lovely, but a different kind of problem.

Something that does bug me is poo poo like Farcry 5 though where I feel like they are intentionally trying to piss off alt-righter just for the sake of drumming up publicity. There's no real political message or stance to be found, its just exploiting current events to make their product seem relevant.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Pokémon Let’s Go not a mainline Pokémon game?

Also why are they still releasing two versions of the same game. I’ve been searching high and low for a Growlithe but apparently only Pikachu Edition gets them, gently caress off with that poo poo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Besides crowd density, the original prey 2 tease is way more impressive than 2077, and it will forever haunt me.

prey2

Vs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Internet Kraken posted:

I really don't think catering to Nazis is at all profitable for major corporations.

IBM did all right I think

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Also why are they still releasing two versions of the same game. I’ve been searching high and low for a Growlithe but apparently only Pikachu Edition gets them, gently caress off with that poo poo

pikachu version gets growlithe and oddish, it is far superior

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

They call it a mainline game but it's another remake, which is what they generally put out between the real sequels.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jay Rust posted:

I assume to qualify as a mainline game at this point you need to be compatible with Pokemon Bank. Let's Go also has a lot of other mechanical differences.

And the entire point of the two versions gimmick (other than too make more money) is to encourage people to trade Pokemon.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Also why are they still releasing two versions of the same game

because it costs no additional money to create and some people will double buy and they have a flimsy excuse for it as well as the clout to pull it off (unlike any franchise smaller than pokemon)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Besides crowd density, the original prey 2 tease is way more impressive than 2077, and it will forever haunt me.

prey2

Vs

i wish prey 2 was the third-party game nintendo is reviving. they could just rename it to Prey: (subtitle)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

And the entire point of the two versions gimmick (other than too make more money) is to encourage people to trade Pokemon.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Black August posted:

And while it IS self-destructive in the longterm, Nordic went for the alt-right market because a majority of social media is pro-white supremacy and does little about their Nazi demographic, which allows them to flourish and be tapped as a market by companies who give absolutely no shits about ethics or genocide or nada if it means there's people to net in for money

You will see this happen a little more and a little more as the next decade crawls on and Nazis continue to be allowed to have discourse and influence

u okay bro? I'm here if you need to talk

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

my buddy Superfly posted:

What happened to that art contest from the January game chat thread?

Sorry, I fell behind and kept putting it off. I:LL post something in the OP next month and I'll actually finish it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the horniest gamer contest continues unabated, however

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Phrasing

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

because it costs no additional money to create and some people will double buy and they have a flimsy excuse for it as well as the clout to pull it off (unlike any franchise smaller than pokemon)

Unless you're my friend from down the street who had red and blue, a link cable, and two gameboys and wouldn't trade with anyone else because he 'did it himself and so should you.'

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Unless you're my friend from down the street who had red and blue, a link cable, and two gameboys and wouldn't trade with anyone else because he 'did it himself and so should you.'

Respect his gamer power.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

an actual dog posted:

u okay bro? I'm here if you need to talk

I thought we were discussing the issue of Nazis in game stuff with Nordic's actions and offered my opinion, why are you asking weird poo poo like this? Does the topic not sit well with you?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The Colonel posted:

ace combat 04 is cool but i'm kinda glad it's short cause it's a lot harder to run in pcsx2 than the later ones and i'd like to have hardware rendering available

would be nice if they'd just rerelease these games in hd, and more than just as like pre-order bonuses or ps4 backwards compat or whatever

Ace Combat 04 Hardware rendering works pretty well now actually and it's Ace Combat 5 that is in the worst shape (if you want to watch the cutscenes) now that people know how to turn PCSX2 interlacing completely off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-z4rt3TRGA

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

the horniest gamer contest continues unabated, however

"Of all the Private Eye offices in the Poke-World she had to sway into mine.

Her hips were, well hypnotic. They Jynxed an old Pikachu like me into following her every word."

Wait, are they still allowed to use Jynx?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Black August posted:

And while it IS self-destructive in the longterm, Nordic went for the alt-right market because a majority of social media is pro-white supremacy and does little about their Nazi demographic, which allows them to flourish and be tapped as a market by companies who give absolutely no shits about ethics or genocide or nada if it means there's people to net in for money

You will see this happen a little more and a little more as the next decade crawls on and Nazis continue to be allowed to have discourse and influence

sincerely: please get therapy

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I sure hope not

Probably why Jigglypuff is the singer and not her

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

sincerely: please get therapy

Alright fine if you're gonna be weird assholes with that kind of talk then I'll take my leave

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Speaking of nazis how the gently caress do I get YouTube to stop recommending Ben Shapiro poo poo to me. All I’m doing is watching some video game reviews damnit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

nachos posted:

Speaking of nazis how the gently caress do I get YouTube to stop recommending Ben Shapiro poo poo to me. All I’m doing is watching some video game reviews damnit

Click the ellipsis next to the video and click "not interested". You'll be prompted to tell them why you don't want that video and telling it to gently caress off with the entire topic a few times will make it go away

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Click on the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner and select 'not interested'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

8chan gets less visitors than godaddy and 50% of its traffic comes from qanon boards, it seriously isnt a huge influence on the world. some idiot PR guy decided to give a shoutout to his special friends, this isn't a sign of a sinister trend that will grow and grow in video games, and nazis are not running the world. i understand it feels that way sometimes, but they're just loud and desperate, they make up an incredibly small minority. conservatism broadly is growing in the world, but we aren't going to become the 8chan states of america. conservatism and liberalism always swing back and forth in politics.

i'm not being an rear end in a top hat, i'm sincerely telling you that you are in a dark place that doesn't align with reality and you would be happier if you didn't obsess over this stuff so much.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

nachos posted:

Get a browser add-on to remove recommendations completely.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I haven't had to remove many recommendations from youtube, I think by watching more than just video game stuff I've convinced it I'm a well-rounded person and it knows that well-rounded people don't watch that alt-right stuff

Maybe, nobody actually knows how the algorithms work, not even youtube

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Random Hajile posted:

Get a browser add-on to remove recommendations completely.

I will never do that because like half of mine are animal videos and that's good. The other half are basically video games and synth.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The failures of youtube recommendation algorithms wrt video games are well-documented but they seem to work pretty well for many other topics

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I really don't think catering to Nazis is at all profitable for major corporations.

yeah for real idgi how people are acting like the majority of people are racist nazi pedophiles that will love this 8chan Q+A, get off Twitter for a while

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I just use an add-on that lets me block specific channels, which is good because you can use it to block anything, even just like, 'I don't like this channel.'

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

nachos posted:

click on the ellipsis and report it for containing hate speech

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Seventy percent of my YouTube watching is games stuff (I’m even subscribed to a hearthstone player named “Trump” which is unfortunate), the rest is british sitcoms and panel shows, and somehow I don’t get bugged about Nazi poo poo. Maybe because I’m in Canada

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

I just use an add-on that lets me block specific channels, which is good because you can use it to block anything, even just like, 'I don't like this channel.'

does it have a white list so i can block everything but music, movie trailers, and a handful of let's players/streamers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looper posted:

does it have a white list so i can block everything but music, movie trailers, and a handful of let's players/streamers

you have to block channels individually but i guess you could slowly put in every single channel that exists

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my youtube recommendations: jeopardy, anime ops, the best show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Everybody please subscribe to UncommentatedPannen