Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ehud posted:

Here is a pretty handy schedule:

but enough about Bob Kraft's date book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is psychological testing: where teams ask if you're gay or mom's a hooker

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it’s weird that they only make DBs do the bench and hands workouts on the same day

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The combine is stupid and no one should watch it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

I always get excited for it and then I start watching it and it's so boring.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just remembered Mike Mayock can't host because he's with the Raiders now.

who will tell me about bubble butts??

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I would watch the Combine if Major Lazer is hosted it.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Kalli posted:

I would watch the Combine if Major Lazer is hosted it.

With special guest host LaRoux.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm just gonna stream some certain relevant parts... it can be fun to watch the QBs and receivers. And then check out the 40s for a few positions and yeah that's about it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

I always get excited for it and then I start watching it and it's so boring.

All it is to me is a sign that free agency is close

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't actually watch it but I love the information that comes out of it.

Get on board for Kyle Murray being fat to weigh over 200 but measuring 5'8 1/2 without shoes.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

in honor of the combine i measured my hands and they're just under 9 1/2 inches. my comparables are aaron rodgers and jameis winston

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hifi posted:

in honor of the combine i measured my hands and they're just under 9 1/2 inches. my comparables are aaron rodgers and jameis winston

You have very large hands. How tall are you?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Watching Rich Eisen run the 40 every year is amazing. Also occasionally guys fall over or their junk pops out or other dumb things. It’s awesome background noise for a few days.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you think that's great you should have seen Chris Jones run it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The announcing is loving horrible. I remember last year Maurice Jones-Drew was just getting all awkwardly butthurt the entire time and carrying on some dumb loving argument instead of actually discussing what was taking place in front of him. That guy is such a jackass

fartknocker posted:

Watching Rich Eisen run the 40 every year is amazing. Also occasionally guys fall over or their junk pops out or other dumb things. It’s awesome background noise for a few days.

The 40s are kind of fun to watch in general. It's interesting the different running styles people have and it's one of those things where you can really learn something about what kind of player they'll be

hifi posted:

That's pretty legit, how do you measure that? I'd like to compare my hands (and by extension my dick) to the famous athletes' I look up to and admire

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'm 6'1. you measure from thumb to pinky

edit: alternatively, with a ruler

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

hifi posted:

What's the measurement? Pinky to thumb? Middle finger to wrist?

e: since I always have a tape measure near me, mine is 10.25in. I am also 6'1"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just a shade under 10. 5'11.

I hear that translates to an NFL wang.

I hear.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

Also comparable to my dick :c00lbutt:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I just remembered Mike Mayock can't host because he's with the Raiders now.

Mayock slowly going crazy over the course of the week until his brain is obviously mush on the last day was one of my favorite combine things.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Mayock slowly going crazy over the course of the week until his brain is obviously mush on the last day was one of my favorite combine things.

the same thing will happen only stretched out over two years as Raiders gm. patience young one

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Close your eyes and just listen to some pumpin'

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1100576490796666880

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That's insane. Had to look it up some dude named Justin Ernest threw 51 reps in '99 :stare:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

That's insane. Had to look it up some dude named Justin Ernest threw 51 reps in '99 :stare:

Some people are just really good at bench.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Samuel Gold on Kyler Murray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aIJrj_RTag

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Samuel Gold on Kyler Murray

That's a pretty good review. The criticisms are all tendencies, too, which are fixable. You can't fix Haskins' movement issues, but you can teach a guy how to step up into the pocket and avoid pressure while keeping eyes downfield. Love the arm, love the speed, love the passing accuracy

I think he should be the first QB taken

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think he should go #1 to Arizona and they should trade Rosen to New England and take a tight end with the 32nd pick

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

I think he should go #1 to Arizona and they should trade Rosen to New England and take a tight end with the 32nd pick

Couldn't agree more, I've loved that scenario for a while. Not sold on Rosen, yet. The opposite in fact. Let New England try to turn him into Tom Brady 2.0 while you draft the new hotness and instantly make your team watchable and interesting.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Arizona would get kyler murdered with that line

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well they're getting Rosen murdered with it now so maybe they should put someone in there that can actually avoid pass rushers?

Also they have a lot of picks (11, 12 minimum if they trade Rosen) to work on the line.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kyler Murray would definitely handle a poor line better than Rosen. One of the things I didn't realize properly about Rosen until he actually started playing in the NFL is that his movement skills are really subpar compared to Darnold and Mayfield. New England is actually a team capable of making something out of him, they did the same for Tom Brady who also sucks at escaping under pressure and is slow

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the big issue with arizona is coaching. their line was bad even after they signed all those free agents a while ago.

from a player standpoint they got rid of iupati and aq shipley is old and tore his acl and they never really replaced veldheer so that's RT/G/maybe C they need starters at. I'm fine if they stand pat with the draft spots they have now and the good free agents available slip through their hands but they need to start being average instead of underachieving.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Will you assholes not try and trade QBs that have potential to New England? That would be great.

Waiting 25 years for them to have an empty cupboard at QB will be for nothing if you just hand them another.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Will you assholes not try and trade QBs that have potential to New England? That would be great.

Waiting 25 years for them to have an empty cupboard at QB will be for nothing if you just hand them another.

You know McDaniels is getting one before Bill leaves.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah but it'll be like Clayton Thorson in the 4th round. Don't give the Pats a top 10 talent just because.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol

https://twitter.com/scottzolak/status/1100852386707456005?s=19

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

motion carries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well Steve Keim just assured everyone that Josh Rosen is their quarterback at this exact moment in time