Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.

bEatmstrJ posted:

This thread is moving way too fast so I'll probably have to space out my responses to all of your very important questions a bit. Can't wait for the next 200 "Your bathroom is poo poo" posts though... Very constructive guys.

right now, your bathroom and house need a lot of "constructive" in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

bEatmstrJ posted:

I'd bet an idiotic idea never stopped you from building what your customers asked you for.

im not a contractor, but in my line of work if a client demands we do something really fuckin dumb we make sure to explain why they're being real loving dumb so when it works out poorly, they can't claim its our fault

this is, likely, what your own contractor did

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Skyelan posted:

i think the most magical thing about this is that he really did think swaggering back in here and posting those pictures would show everyone who made fun of him before how right he was. like. no one gets this sour grapes if they think everyone will just be a """"hivemind"""" and not like it. :allears:

I had to spend tens of thousands more than I would have had I not hosed up terribly because of ignorance, but THIS will show them!

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I don't see why you all are so shocked by the lack of a toilet.
This bathroom is meant to swoon females and we all know that females are biologically incapable of pooping.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

power botton posted:

did you swoon when you saw his tub?

well i AM on the floor

AdinaAstra
Feb 28, 2019

SilverSupernova posted:

I don't see why you all are so shocked by the lack of a toilet.
This bathroom is meant to swoon females and we all know that females are biologically incapable of pooping.

I'm sure he's embarrassed by the fact that he has to poo poo. He can't have anythign in his house that suggests that people poop. He waits until night and shits in his yard.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
TOILET

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

somepartsareme posted:

the toilet described by an earlier poster appears to be the first image on the wikipedia page for toilet

Mods I think we need some enforcement here

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

bEatmstrJ posted:

I know you're 9 figure contractor guy or whatever, but there's certainly no need to assume everything in my bathroom was done incorrectly, unless you just assume all contractors don't know what they are doing and cut corners, in which case I only assume you know that because you do it as well. I certainly doubt it would have passed inspection (on several occasions, with no failures) otherwise. But I do appreciate your concern.

not to pile on but as someone with experience in trades "passed inspection" sometimes doesn't mean much depending on where you live. especially since you only have to comply with the legal minimum of standards/practices of your region's code to pass

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

somepartsareme posted:

the toilet described by an earlier poster appears to be the first image on the wikipedia page for toilet

that's so witty of him wow

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

RoboRodent posted:

I thought you were taking your ball and going home?

People in this thread have raised some really serious questions which you've flat out ignored, except to be weird and smug about it. You'll probably ignore this post too, because you tend to do that, but let me try:

1. How was the floor fixed? No, not just "it was done don't worry about it." Actually, what was done, by yourself or a contractor, to fix the damage you did to your floor joists? How does the future owner of this house know that the tub won't fall through the floor?

2. How do you clean the pebble tray? Specifically, what provisions against mould have you made in this room, re: the rock wall in the shower and the pebble tray?

3. Why are you being weird about your toilet? If it isn't done yet, you could have said that.

I mean, if you really want glitter damask wallpaper paired with ultra-modern tapered pebble tub, that's your style, sure, but you came into this thread today looking to show us how wrong we are to have mocked you, and your nose is out of joint because we still don't like it.

The reason I don't respond to most of the things that are said is simply because everyone is quick to assume that everything is a problem that only exists in my bathroom and nowhere else. I usually ignore these things because there's no way for me to prove anything that will be satisfactory to the apparently hilariously high standards of the average person in this thread.

1. Large 8x10 beams were sistered in next to the existing joists. This was engineered appropriately and is very uninteresting.
2. The pebble tray is full of very lightweight plastic rocks. The bathtub doesn't get used much and even when it does there is no water or spillage onto said rocks. Aside from a few random hairs here and there they don't get moist or dirty. Any vacuum with a hose attachment would work fine for cleaning. If I really needed to I could easily load them up in a bucket for a gentle washing.
3. I'm not being weird about my toilet. YOU GUYS are being weird about my toilet. Its a loving toilet. In a tiny room. With some grey tile on the floor and unpainted walls. It's completely uninteresting.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I think my favorite part of this is he spent so much money and decided the symmetry of his bathroom rock feature was more important than the faucet reaching the tub.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

bEatmstrJ managed to trick us goons into posting pictures of our totally average bathrooms we didn't spend more than $23,000 renovating, thereby owning us all

AdinaAstra
Feb 28, 2019

bEatmstrJ posted:

3. I'm not being weird about my toilet. YOU GUYS are being weird about my toilet. Its a loving toilet. In a tiny room. With some grey tile on the floor and unpainted walls. It's completely uninteresting.

If it's really that uninterestign then why don't you just humor everyone and post it? People would have stopped making a big deal about it if you weren't such a coward about it honestly.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I bet the toilet isn't even finished. Behind that door is just a bunch of stripped beams and lack of floor.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Dude you know you could have just not been weird about this whole thing and just said that without like being a cryptic vampire larper about it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

bEatmstrJ posted:

2. The pebble tray is full of very lightweight plastic rocks. The bathtub doesn't get used much and even when it does there is no water or spillage onto said rocks. Aside from a few random hairs here and there they don't get moist or dirty. Any vacuum with a hose attachment would work fine for cleaning. If I really needed to I could easily load them up in a bucket for a gentle washing.

I thought your original "vision" was that the bath would be overflowing onto the rocks constantly.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

bEatmstrJ posted:

The reason I don't respond to most of the things that are said is simply because everyone is quick to assume that everything is a problem that only exists in my bathroom and nowhere else. I usually ignore these things because there's no way for me to prove anything that will be satisfactory to the apparently hilariously high standards of the average person in this thread.

1. Large 8x10 beams were sistered in next to the existing joists. This was engineered appropriately and is very uninteresting.

Nice meltdown.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

To that end, some people are impossible to dissuade and will throw infinite money to get what the want. Take, the OP for example

I certainly don't have infinite money, but I do like to do unconventional things sometimes. And to your point, yes, the rock wall is difficult to clean. It's sprayed with sealant regularly. I've been using the shower for over a year and have had no issues with mold or mildew, but yes, it's difficult to clean.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

sliami posted:

well i AM on the floor

Which is where I am, as those pics of the tub make my back hurt. That may just be the angle from which it was shot, though.

OP, I get that it's unpleasant being dog piled over something in which you take pride (justifiably or not), but you are making things worse for yourself. We are goons and we are drawn to blood in the water.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Three Olives posted:

I think my favorite part of this is he spent so much money and decided the symmetry of his bathroom rock feature was more important than the faucet reaching the tub.

my favourite part is where spent 23000 dollars and yet is using plastic loving pebbles

if you want to cheapen the already cheap looking bathroom, look no further

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

AdinaAstra posted:

I'm sure he's embarrassed by the fact that he has to poo poo. He can't have anythign in his house that suggests that people poop. He waits until night and shits in his yard.

Likely more accurate is that the toilet is the only thing in that bathroom that sees any use and he doesn’t want to show that he never cleans it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bEatmstrJ posted:

There is one of those too. It's right behind the towels.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

bEatmstrJ posted:

This actually sounds really interesting. Did they use steel or wood?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

bEatmstrJ posted:

Post it then and we'll stop

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

bEatmstrJ posted:

I certainly don't have infinite money

No, we got that.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

bEatmstrJ posted:

I certainly don't have infinite money, but I do like to do unconventional things sometimes. And to your point, yes, the rock wall is difficult to clean. It's sprayed with sealant regularly. I've been using the shower for over a year and have had no issues with mold or mildew, but yes, it's difficult to clean.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

I thought your original "vision" was that the bath would be overflowing onto the rocks constantly.

This was the vision dreamed up by a collection of goons who are quick to make assumptions. This was never anywhere near my vision.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bEatmstrJ posted:

This was the vision dreamed up by a collection of goons who are quick to make assumptions. This was never anywhere near my vision.

Post your log

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Where do I click in the bathroom to set up the cat-hair mustache trap?

>use razor on grey rug

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

xcheopis posted:

Which is where I am, as those pics of the tub make my back hurt. That may just be the angle from which it was shot, though.

OP, I get that it's unpleasant being dog piled over something in which you take pride (justifiably or not), but you are making things worse for yourself. We are goons and we are drawn to blood in the water.

Aint that the truth.

It is unpleasant being dog piled on for something you take pride in. I can confirm this.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

bobmarleysghost posted:

my favourite part is where spent 23000 dollars and yet is using plastic loving pebbles

really it’s probably north of $30k, the 23 was just ostensibly just labor for installation and fixing his fuckups sawing through his floor and the granite vanity alone probably ran a couple thousand

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Beatmastr this is all very interesting. What you think is uninteresting isn't. You're a man out of time and space.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
holy poo poo plastic rocks

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

bobmarleysghost posted:

And until I pointed that out, no one made a single mention of it. So apparently it's not an issue.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

bEatmstrJ posted:

And until I pointed that out, no one made a single mention of it. So apparently it's not an issue.

Post the toilet

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i got a copy of the picture of his toilet

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What if the toilet is untouched? Still the original white porcelain and those cream tiles, just taking shelter in the shame cupboard. It's hiding from the destruction that awaits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Question:

When you were designing the dream makeup vanity what made you think harsh, uneven, indirect light?