Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

You guys are rude and bad readers.

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i don't give a poo poo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

bowmore posted:

i don't give a poo poo

theleft.txt

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
How’s this for a new system of government:

The government has complete control over everything we do. The only thing people vote on is which politicians get the chop on Guillotine Fridays

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Schneider Inside Her posted:

How’s this for a new system of government:

The government has complete control over everything we do. The only thing people vote on is which politicians get the chop on Guillotine Fridays

How does the government handle their own MPs getting the chop?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
There's no way that would go badly with an apathetic youth and right wing corporate press nosiree

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The government positions are randomly assigned to citizens after each chop and you better fucken do a good job for 15 years (the standard term) or it's curtains

you can't decline to become the government either

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

There's no way that would go badly with an apathetic youth and right wing corporate press nosiree

Guillotining politicians would probably go a long way to resolving youth voter apathy.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Government by jury I say. You vote on one bill.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Turks posted:

Government by jury I say. You vote on one bill.

That's a terrible idea

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Turks posted:

Brisbane actually managed to avoid the heatwave this year, but if we get it next year that might finally be the push I need to move to Tassie.

In Hobart it’s forecast for 35 tomorrow and 37 on Saturday. Nowhere is safe.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Oh jesus loving christ what is the point of living in Tasmania if its going to be hot?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Perth is topping out at 35 on monday. Hobart is hotter than perth.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Endman posted:

That's a terrible idea

Not compared to our current government.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Still fewer hot days though.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You don't hear people talking about climate change anymore #thingsboomersssay

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How long for? In Adelaide it's been 37 or higher since Sunday, and it's going to be that way until this coming Sunday.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Endman posted:

Oh jesus loving christ what is the point of living in Tasmania if its going to be hot?

Is your sister good looking?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Cool my HFC installation still has the old Telecom logo.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Which means the NBN is using cabling from pre privatised Telstra?

Neat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

https://www.news.com.au/finance/rea...b5df7526c037116

What's the point of continuing to run these articles lmao

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

he earns $90K and it took him two and a half years to save $30K, yep, we should definitely listen to this guy

e: loving moved back home and everything and still

HOW

HOW

2nd e:

quote:

Mr Miles said he was previously saving over $1000 a week — or around 80 per cent of his salary — as he built up his deposit.
This story adds up.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 28, 2019

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Knobb Manwich posted:

he earns $90K and it took him two and a half years to save $30K, yep, we should definitely listen to this guy

HOW

HOW

Also his parents were guarantor for the loan

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Knobb Manwich posted:

HOW

HOW

And his parents still had to be guarantors for the loan.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He borrowed $500k and the house is down 5% at least (given the area and type of dwelling) *sad airhorn*

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

JBP posted:

quote:

Mr Miles, who earns approximately $90,000, only went to three auctions before snapping up a one-bedroom, one-bathroom flat in Dulwich Hill in Sydney’s inner west for $580,000 last July.

He had a deposit of around $30,000, which had taken him around two and a half years to save, and borrowed the rest.

He took 2.5 years to save a 5% deposit. At this rate he should only take 50 years to pay off his loan, assuming a 0% interest rate!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
RANG THE AFP SLAVERY LINE

I rang the Australian Federal Police and complained that i was being held in slavery and a debt slave. To the credit of the AFP they took all my details and listened and likely recorded my whole conversation.

I discussed National Debt and Citizenship and the International Monetary Fund and the fact that our ANZAC form the trinity of the Gods of our Fathers shown on our $100 dollar note and how that differs from the Crown on his shoulder.

A good 30 minute conversation led to this officer starting to see that i was not talking stupidly. Referring to Treaties and Conventions, Federal and Commonwealth Laws, the officer started to realise that i was actually speaking from an educated point of view.

I am now awaiting for the Australian Federal Police to contact me back so that i can discuss this further. I was very specific about not wearing Yellow Vests or showing Belligerence towards Government, not even attempting to attack them, rise against them, imitate them or in anyway attempt to stop their right of Administration under the Rules of Usufruct without attending to the Peace Treaty that is in play.

All we want Australian Federal Police IS ANSWERS THAT THIS GOVERNMENT WANTS TO REMAIN SILENT ON.

We fully comprehend this is an occupied territory under Martial Law and that Policy Enforcement only exists in a state of Martial Law. We fully comprehend the Lieber Code or United States Orders in the Field of the US Military in Australia.

We fully comprehend how this is linked to the Coronation of a Foreign Crown linked to a Flag linked to the United States Military in 1908 that became the Flags Act 1953.

We fully comprehend the Hague Conventions Status of a Belligerent, and the Geneve Conventions 1958 on the Protection of Prisoners of Warfare.

Australian Federal Police. I am still looking for answers. You are already aware of Scott Morrisons flag pin episode, you already know what a Federal Red Ensign is. You also know that we know its not a Civil Merchant Admiralty Flag.

Australian Federal Police when do we get answers?

Australian Federal Police, what if you were working for a Foreign Power in your land and not of the Commonwealth. You look at your own history. 1978 I believe you will find a change to your status as Commonwealth and it turned into the status of the United Nations State of Australia.

Why do you all remain SILENT. Silence is acquiescence. Do you actually agree with us, that you work for a foreign military power under Hague Conventions and Geneva Conventions as well as Peace Treaty at Versailles.

Are you aware of who you work for?

What would you do for your Commonwealth if you found out what was being said was actually truth. Why would you harm Nationals of the Commonwealth of Australia under the guise of Citizenship of the United Nations on behalf of a foreign power.

We know that Yellow Vests, immitating Government, increasing National Debt, Protesting, Rallies and so on are belligerent actions in nature. We comprehend this is biblical and estate driven and this is business.

Are you enabling a foreign power to administer our lands at the expense of your fellow man? Are you inn cahoots with a foreign power plundering our mines, forests, fisheries and agriculture.

WE ARE NOT PRISONERS OF YOUR WAR ANY MORE

WE ARE WAKING UP TO WHO WE ARE

AND WE WILL RETURN HOME FROM THIS CITIZEN SHIP

AND WE COME TO FULFIL THE LAW

A LAW YOU HAVE BEEN IGNORANT OF FOR 100 YEARS.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

He borrowed $500k and the house is down 5% at least (given the area and type of dwelling) *sad airhorn*

bobvonunheil posted:

He took 2.5 years to save a 5% deposit. At this rate he should only take 50 years to pay off his loan, assuming a 0% interest rate!

The only surprise is the article didn't come from Domain.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow it feels great not paying rent any more!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

So 80% of $90k is $72k.

Why did it take him 2.5 years to save up less than half of what he said he was saving?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

NPR Journalizard posted:

So 80% of $90k is $72k.

Why did it take him 2.5 years to save up less than half of what he said he was saving?

all tax mate gently caress the government bunch of thieves (~$20K per year)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

He probably wasn't working two decent jobs the whole time, it references a restaurant, uber driver, warehousing, so there was probably a point where his income jumped significantly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard posted:

So 80% of $90k is $72k.

Cheeky nose beers

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

In a shock twist I feel like the author of this totally legit journalism and not at all advertising for my mate's finance company is deliberately distorting the timeline to make it seem achievable.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Imagine paying over half a million for a 1 bedroom apartment right at the peak of the bubble and being proud enough to have the local toilet paper write about your story, especially when that story involves living with your parents at age 30 and having them bankroll your loan.

quote:

Mr Miles hopes to raise a family one day, and said he believed entering the property market now would ease that financial burden down the track.
How in the gently caress does a 1br apartment help you start a family? How does taking on a loan on an asset that has lost value help ease any financial burden?

quote:

“Don’t get me wrong, my place isn’t a mansion, but the fact that I’ve been able to afford my repayments for the last seven odd months without being kicked out or defaulting gives me peace of mind.”
Congrats on being able to afford repayments for 2% of your mortgage duration in a period of unprecedented low interest rates. I wonder how his parents will feel when they have to bankroll the repayments when rates jump a couple of % and he's unable to meet them. In his present situation, each % increase in the interest rate adds over 300/mo to his repayments. Right now it's already consuming 45% of his post-tax income ($2626 of $5750/mo), and each % increase will consume another 6% of that.

Fun fact: After the 7 months of minimum repayments (he can't afford more, lol) he's so proud of making, he's only knocked $5k off that principal. After 5 years he'll still be staring at $500k remaining.

e: All the questions in this post are rhetorical. I know the answer.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 28, 2019

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

AND WE WILL RETURN HOME FROM THIS CITIZEN SHIP

No you bloody won't, queue-jumper.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

This been posted yet?

https://www.2gb.com/barnaby-joyce-calls-for-liberals-and-nationals-to-separate-at-the-election/

quote:

Barnaby Joyce calls for Liberals and Nationals to separate at the election

Former Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce is calling for his party to separate from the Liberals at this year’s federal election.

Previously the two parties have run as a coalition on the NSW Senate ticket, but Mr Joyce says this needs to stop.

If polls remain the same when the election rolls around in May, the Nationals could miss out on a NSW Senate seat altogether.

It looks as though the LNP will only get two NSW candidates elected, and the first Nationals candidate, Perin Davey, is listed at third on the joint ticket.

Barnaby Joyce tells Ray Hadley that’s not acceptable.

“This gives us the chance, to first of all have representation for the National Party, that has had a Senator from NSW since federation.

“I don’t like the way that we’ve now been put in the position where we have to accept that maybe we just won’t have a Senator.

“That ain’t going to happen, other people might think it’s going to but I’m going to bat for our party.”

Click PLAY below to hear the full interview

Splits splits splits

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Which means the NBN is using cabling from pre privatised Telstra?

Neat.

Dude my NBN link uses cabling from the Postmaster General's era.

A fair bit of the last ~350M of cable was buried some time in 1964. And I'm one of the lucky ones. There are people down the street with more than a kilometre of 50 year old copper between them and the node, which has been cut and crimped in every PIT on the way. They all look like this:

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
This space intentionally left blank
Lmao what a dunce. Only $30k in 2.5 years while living at home and on $90k a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry