Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh poo poo, the combine's on? Now? poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
No, the first on field stuff starts tomorrow at 9 EST.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1101132259376201728

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
9 4/8"...

Break that poo poo down NFL!

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Pretend I went back and quoted all the idiots that said Kyler was really 5’7” or 5’8”

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Pretend I went back and quoted all the idiots that said Kyler was really 5’7” or 5’8”

This is better than that, but...well it's not like 5'10" is bragging rights according to NFL GMs. Like, he's less of a midget than we feared isn't going to convince anyone who cared about his height.

His weight being over 200 seems like the bigger deal.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kyler so tall so big

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Metapod posted:

Kyler so tall so big

you forgot the hands. the hands are important. big beautiful hands

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gargantuan 9 and 1000/2000ths inch hands

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I wonder if he hung upside down on one of those no gravity things to get taller like the dudes who get the hand massages to measure bigger there (this is also him)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Pretend I quoted the people who said he was not comparable to Russell Wilson in stature.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Everyone was telling him he needed to be bigger so he focused really hard and grew bigger. Incredible

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder if he was wearing shoes or barefoot like the NBA.

He's going to go top 5 now, btw.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

His weight being over 200 seems like the bigger deal.
The 200 pounds would be a big deal if he were participating in drills at that weight. As such it could just be he bulked up for show.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I know absolutely nothing about Kyler Murray, but Pat White was 6'0 and 205 lbs and he got hit once so hard that his soul left his body.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

I know absolutely nothing about Kyler Murray, but Pat White was 6'0 and 205 lbs and he got hit once so hard that his soul left his body.

Kyler is a small bodied qb who also happens to be the greatest Texas high school QB ever and produce one of the best college football seasons ever. His size is a major issue but the talent is off the charts

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uauae4JQ7MY

51 not even waiting to talk poo poo first before calling everyone over.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
drat.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The 200 pounds would be a big deal if he were participating in drills at that weight. As such it could just be he bulked up for show.

why would people think it's anything but this?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

I wonder if he was wearing shoes or barefoot like the NBA.

He's going to go top 5 now, btw.

He's going number one overall when all this is done. Book it

Kalli posted:

On the other hand, it's a very different NFL these days in terms of quarterback hits and injuries. The kid gloves that defenders have to put on would benefit Kyler Murray, and his speed and low running stance should help him avoid the really big hits.

I'm also not sure I see how being larger would necessarily protect you from injury either. The longer your limbs the more leverage they create, to me a tall guy would be more likely to tear an ACL while planting a foot or being contacted low by pass rushers. A guy lower to the ground and more compact is a bit more protected in that way, although obviously if your limbs are too thin then there's less to keep them from bending in a way they shouldn't. Another worry would be how easy it would be to slam him into the ground, causing concussions. Still I don't believe he's every been seriously injured, so that's promising, and I don't see why he'd be any more likely than another running QB to tear an ACL for example

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play posted:

I'm also not sure I see how being larger would necessarily protect you from injury either. The longer your limbs the more leverage they create, to me a tall guy would be more likely to tear an ACL while planting a foot or being contacted low by pass rushers. A guy lower to the ground and more compact is a bit more protected in that way, although obviously if your limbs are too thin then there's less to keep them from bending in a way they shouldn't. Another worry would be how easy it would be to slam him into the ground, causing concussions. Still I don't believe he's every been seriously injured, so that's promising, and I don't see why he'd be any more likely than another running QB to tear an ACL for example

The fat/muscle takes the beating instead of the organs and bones. That's the logic behind QB's having dad bods.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

weird Asian candy posted:

9 4/8"...

Break that poo poo down NFL!

But does he have the range to jump the length of 2 car garages?

Have his genetics been evaluated yet? What's his wingspan? What's the physics projection of the maximum torque his arms can generate in a throw with the additional rotation of his body?

This poo poo needs to go next level for scientific evaluation.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just look at all the pass rushing and dline talent in this draft then compare it to the OL talent. It's been this way for a minute now and soon all QBs are gonna die or the NFL is going to have to protect them even more.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Just look at all the pass rushing and dline talent in this draft then compare it to the OL talent. It's been this way for a minute now and soon all QBs are gonna die or the NFL is going to have to protect them even more.

I'm convinced the resources being poured into the AAF in the short term are to teach up usable offensive linemen.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm convinced the resources being poured into the AAF in the short term are to teach up usable offensive linemen.

You're probably not wrong at all and it's definitely one of the biggest reasons the AAF needs to succeed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The fat/muscle takes the beating instead of the organs and bones. That's the logic behind QB's having dad bods.

Mahomes really does have it all.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1101244673211932673

quote:

Murray is the best of the bunch by a mile. Better than former Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins, who McCloughan describes as "Byron Leftwich to a 'T'." Better than Missouri's Drew Lock, West Virginia's Will Grier and Duke's Daniel Jones, too. However, stacked up against last year's QB class, Murray would rank fifth, McCloughan says, behind Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen, but before Lamar Jackson.
Someone (Giants) please move up to #3 for the right to draft the next Byron Leftwich.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hmm

https://twitter.com/TheJCCornell/status/1101260113493573632?s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Cardinals please do the dumbest thing since the Bears traded up for Trubs. Do it you loving cowards

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
i hope the cardinals trade rosen and he instantly has a amazing season and makes them look like big dumbs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know I said trade rosen to the Pats but now that it seems possible this is the worst thing all of a sudden.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Or they're gonna have to be really fast....

hell hath no fury like a QB scorned

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Wherever he goes will be an improvement, unless it’s Washington. Then he’s really hosed.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Josh Rosen is shook as hell.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Why does Rosen care about Kingsbury

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Why does Rosen care about Kingsbury

kingsbury is probably banging his girl.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/josh3rosen/status/1099892911259279368
https://twitter.com/josh3rosen/status/1099898485552214017
https://twitter.com/josh3rosen/status/1101272956926214144

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rosen was pretty enthusiastic on the cardinals offseason youtube show thing, he was out there cleaning up the ocean and said he'd be back in april? to work with kliff

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1101244673211932673
Someone (Giants) please move up to #3 for the right to draft the next Byron Leftwich.

Reminder that this dude was literally one of the best FO dudes for the 2010's. He's a huuuuuuuuuuuge alcoholic and rear end in a top hat, but the dude knows his drafting.

He's incredible.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Reminder that this dude was literally one of the best FO dudes for the 2010's. He's a huuuuuuuuuuuge alcoholic and rear end in a top hat, but the dude knows his drafting.

He's incredible.

Bring him back to Seattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Today starting at 9 we get these on field workouts

Kickers
Special teamers
Offensive linemen
Running backs