Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I got those last night myself! After a long primal drought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

And they say Kadala never does anyone any favors.

Kadala is mad that we never complimented her haircut.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was really disappointed when they patched Kadala to compliment you sometimes instead of just no-selling everything.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Dameius posted:

Kadala is mad that we never complimented her haircut.

Kadala is mad for being the solitary reason for turning the npc voice slider to 0% in my settings.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Got my seasonal monk to 70, completed all the seasonal awards through chapter 3...went to chapter 4 and a rift on torment and got my crap pushed in. Short of having someone run me through these achievements to get my set (which may be the best answer) do I just keep doing rifts on the highest difficulty and try to improve my gear? I was able to kill some things in that torment 1 rift but it was taking me for-freaking-ever and was not at all sustainable.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Post your build and gear. 100% you are doing something wrong.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Dameius posted:

Post your build and gear. 100% you are doing something wrong.

You are probably 100% right. I didn't pay attention too much to build because I was flying through levels but I think I am going to go with an Icy Vein build I found last night and try it out...but does my gear super suck?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/PoopDagger-1106/hero/109028966

e:

Go easy on me, I'm still getting back into the swing of things and it's been years :ohdear:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Well it appears you are wearing no set pieces despite having completed chapters 2/3 of the journey.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I know gently caress all about monk builds but you're not wearing any set pieces? Also that paragon level seems low. You can hit me up if you want a powerlevel @ mvl#11566

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Green gem in weapon and other slots (Crit/dex) and usually diamond in helms for cooldown. Get a lvl 70 items for all your slots. Craft them or just keep grinding to get more. You have a damage reducer in your shoulders but aren't using the skill to get the effect. If you've completed the chapters of the journey, look in the lower left corner for your messages and redeem your haedrig's gift bags. That'll be a huge boost.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the entire game is centered around powerful set bonuses

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Well it appears you are wearing no set pieces despite having completed chapters 2/3 of the journey.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I know gently caress all about monk builds but you're not wearing any set pieces? Also that paragon level seems low. You can hit me up if you want a powerlevel @ mvl#11566

I've been scrambling to just get through the levels and achievements, so I have paid zero attention to set pieces. Should I just run rifts and spend blood shards on *A* set? I guess at this point, I would only need you to complete the chapter 4 achievements, I may do that.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

weird Asian candy posted:

I've been scrambling to just get through the levels and achievements, so I have paid zero attention to set pieces. Should I just run rifts and spend blood shards on *A* set? I guess at this point, I would only need you to complete the chapter 4 achievements, I may do that.

Did you claim Haedrig's gift? There should be a little lit up mail icon on the bottom left of your screen.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Are there any secret tips for levelling your first char each season, to make the process faster?

Like, I started S16 Wizard right now (playing on Switch, but I don't believe it matters?) and I'm slowly grinding bounties in adventure mode, on the Hard difficulty. After two evenings, I'm lv 44 or so and wondering if I can anything better to be more efficient there?

Or is this a "google it" type of question?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Suburban Dad posted:

If you've completed the chapters of the journey, look in the lower left corner for your messages and redeem your haedrig's gift bags. That'll be a huge boost.

:negative:

I am an idiot. I didn't even notice that and for whatever reason was assuming I didn't get the Haedrig's stuff until I finished ALL the chapters? I just claimed them and have 4 of the 6 pieces now. Such an idiot...

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Did you claim Haedrig's gift? There should be a little lit up mail icon on the bottom left of your screen.

Sure didn't! ^

Had no idea it was even there lol...I am not a smart man.

e:

Do my weapons seem ok or should I craft some better?

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 28, 2019

mewse
May 2, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Green gem in weapon and other slots (Crit/dex) and usually diamond in helms for cooldown. Get a lvl 70 items for all your slots. Craft them or just keep grinding to get more. You have a damage reducer in your shoulders but aren't using the skill to get the effect. If you've completed the chapters of the journey, look in the lower left corner for your messages and redeem your haedrig's gift bags. That'll be a huge boost.

Diamonds (all resist) in chest/pants are OP for a fresh 70

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

kaaj posted:

Are there any secret tips for levelling your first char each season, to make the process faster?

Like, I started S16 Wizard right now (playing on Switch, but I don't believe it matters?) and I'm slowly grinding bounties in adventure mode, on the Hard difficulty. After two evenings, I'm lv 44 or so and wondering if I can anything better to be more efficient there?

Some maps are better than others for leveling. Halls of Agony 3 is usually very enemy dense IIRC but there's not many other tricks I can think of.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

They really should make that 'you've got new mail' notification much more obnoxious and obvious because apparently people like me who have zero awareness of the UI fail to even notice it's there. Clearly it's blizzard's fault and not mine :colbert:

Ok, so I have 4/6 set pieces now. Will swap to the icy veins build, see if I can craft better weapons and give it another go for the chapter 4 achievements. Thank you guys!

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

For starting a season: create your character, then go do the weekly Challenge Rift. The rewards from it (gold, blood shards, 10 DBs) can be used to gamble up a Leoric's and poop pants early and craft lvl 70 2H weapons until you get a good level reduced roll (either craft lots of weapons or reroll secondaries, depending on whether you have yellow mats or gold). You can even cube one item along with leveling up your crafters.

Also go get the Kanai's Cube pretty early, you'll have to do it eventually and it's useful.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

They really should make that 'you've got new mail' notification much more obnoxious and obvious because apparently people like me who have zero awareness of the UI fail to even notice it's there. Clearly it's blizzard's fault and not mine :colbert:

Ok, so I have 4/6 set pieces now. Will swap to the icy veins build, see if I can craft better weapons and give it another go for the chapter 4 achievements. Thank you guys!

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I can help you out too. MariusLecter #1125

e;
I'm not a monk expert either but I've been trying to make a LoN build around Death's Bargain death aura from the cube. It's pretty good for power leveling people from 1-70 in Torment IV!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 28, 2019

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also this season you only need 5/6 set pieces to get all the bonuses so run rifts till your eyes bleed and then gamble for whatever piece you're missing.

Kidala is your buddy don't listen to the haters.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Field Mousepad posted:

Kidala is your buddy don't listen to the haters.

You don't need haters to learn inevitably, she is not your friend.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Also, re-reading the OP to make sure I didn't miss any community or discord info...

Haedrigs gift game my barbarian a set of Immortal King, not Sand Wastes... had to grind and gamble for my Whirl Wind set. What hell?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is a fool who mistakes their dealer as a friend.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Also, re-reading the OP to make sure I didn't miss any community or discord info...

Haedrigs gift game my barbarian a set of Immortal King, not Sand Wastes... had to grind and gamble for my Whirl Wind set. What hell?

The free set rotates every new season. This is S16, the post in the OP was from S11.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

MariusLecter posted:

That was the previous season’s set, the thread title hasn’t changed since then.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Someone read the OP? :stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

mewse posted:

Someone read the OP? :stare:

Reading makes fools of us all.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

kaaj posted:

Shift+O and search for Seasonal PowerLeveling and Rift Running groups.

You can also add me to your contacts, MariusLecter #1125.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

I can help you out too. MariusLecter #1125

e;
I'm not a monk expert either but I've been trying to make a LoN build around Death's Bargain death aura from the cube. It's pretty good for power leveling people from 1-70 in Torment IV!

Cool, I may try to hit one of you up over the weekend to plow me through the Torment IV Bounties. Thanks again.

E

Just equipping 4 of 6 pieces of set gear and updating my build made a huge difference. Was able to beat torment 1 stuff with relative ease. Also used the kube to upgrade weapons to legendary so things are looking up :shobon:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 28, 2019

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Cool, I may try to hit one of you up over the weekend to plow me through the Torment IV Bounties. Thanks again.

E

Just equipping 4 of 6 pieces of set gear and updating my build made a huge difference. Was able to beat torment 1 stuff with relative ease. Also used the kube to upgrade weapons to legendary so things are looking up :shobon:

Getting up to 4pc should make Torment 4 choppy but doable. See about knocking out those T4 objectives in your seasonal chapter requirements, because going to 6pc should put you capable of comfortably handling Torment 8, even as inexperienced as you may be.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

5er posted:

Getting up to 4pc should make Torment 4 choppy but doable. See about knocking out those T4 objectives in your seasonal chapter requirements, because going to 6pc should put you capable of comfortably handling Torment 8, even as inexperienced as you may be.

Yup, that is the current plan! Marius is gonna help me with the kill quests and I should be good to go! Looking forward to next season now that I know all this stuff I didn't previously...which was basically everything lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Not mine, someone raging in general chat linked-

e;

oh boy!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 1, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What's not to like about 30 souls!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I save all of my primals, even the bad ones, as mementos.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
Make primals give 500 deaths breaths instead of souls.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Al least that templar relic has an ideal follower trait.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Star Man posted:

I save all of my primals, even the bad ones, as mementos.

Same, I'm never short on FS anyway

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’ve been on a primal drought and what do I get? INT buff bracers.
Hopefully now that I’m knocking down 100s I’ll get something relevant. I have been lucky-ish. I got a primal leap sword (playing ww/charge) and a primal chanto (playing tal rasha).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Person in my group who is a primal sponge has nevertheless gotten three primal Compass Roses, none of them functional.