Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They're pretty good, just an assortment of the hard plastic undead IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I really can't read, can I?

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 3, 2019

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

A mate at the FLGS just found a few bags of Undead from "Dwarf King's Hold: Dead Rising" that he's going to dump on me for free. Anyone have any familiarity with these models?
It's a mix of normal skeletons and revenants. I think it's a normal sprue of each, but I could be wrong.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Schadenboner posted:

Do the Warpath Mules and Hornets come with the plague parts included or were those Kickstarter-only?

They weren't kickstarter only, and the Hornet ones seem to be in the mega force, but since they don't have individual listings in the plague section and the GCPS ones don't mention it, it might be worth asking them directly. Could be as simple as waiting for a new shipment of conversion parts before going back on sale.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Has anyone here had experience with the Empire of Dust minis? I got Uncharted Empires in the clearance sale, but seeing Plastic/Metal on the product description for the skeletons is giving me flashbacks to the pain of working with the weak weak ankles of Broadside Battlesuits.

Edit: also, is Clash of Kings worth getting or can I safely ignore it?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Deleter posted:

Has anyone here had experience with the Empire of Dust minis? I got Uncharted Empires in the clearance sale, but seeing Plastic/Metal on the product description for the skeletons is giving me flashbacks to the pain of working with the weak weak ankles of Broadside Battlesuits.

I don't have them, but as I understand it the normal plastic skeles are top half/bottom half, and the Empire of Dust just gives an alternate metal top half, with the connection above/on the hips. As far as I'm aware, there's no specific issue with them, beyond standard gluing metal to plastic annoyances.

Clash of Kings, depends. It's a printed FAQ, plus new units, plus new scenarios. It's just about a necessity if you play tournaments (though you can get by without it if money is tight), otherwise up to personal interest levels.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thanks for that - I found the official unboxing video and it look like just a top half of metal like you said. Although now I'm looking at 10mm models so I'm spoilt for choice :ohdear:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I really wish 10mm was more of a thing. I'd love to have a massive green tide. But no one else around me is even vaguely interested in the idea.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

The Deleter posted:

Check out http://kow2.easyarmy.com/clash-of-kings-2019.aspx. It has all the stats, abilities, and artifact profiles, current to this year's clash of kings. The interface is a bit bad, but it saves you buying the book (mostly, there are still scenarios and such).

10mm on a ~19" x 28" board would be amazing.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Is there a reason that easyarmy doesn't track the latest faq? Is it locked to a specific version for a masters season or something?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drgnvale posted:

Is there a reason that easyarmy doesn't track the latest faq? Is it locked to a specific version for a masters season or something?

They maintain a separate database for base rules + errata, Clash of Kings '18 + errata, and Clash of Kings '19, so that people can pick which one they want to use. Clash of Kings '19 is the latest FAQ I'm pretty sure.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 28, 2019

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

I really wish 10mm was more of a thing. I'd love to have a massive green tide. But no one else around me is even vaguely interested in the idea.

I'd go for it, but my main sticking point is that a lot of 10mm fantasy model ranges are very 80s D&D. That's not an aesthetic I'm into. I might bite the bullet on some Dragonmen from Pendraken as they look alright for a Kingdoms of Men army, then sub in some Kallistra Dwarf armored cars for Steam Tanks.

Also whenever I express it to anyone, their immediate response is "painting is a bugger" which I can sort of see.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I keep telling myself that all of these games I wish I had an opponent form will finally be possible when my son gets a little bit older but I'm certain fate will make it so he's a popular athlete.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

I keep telling myself that all of these games I wish I had an opponent form will finally be possible when my son gets a little bit older but I'm certain fate will make it so he's a popular athlete.

I just started playing deadzone with my 8 year old, and he loves it. Certain minis really engage him, like the D.O.G, the sentry gun, and strider.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

The Deleter posted:

I'd go for it, but my main sticking point is that a lot of 10mm fantasy model ranges are very 80s D&D. That's not an aesthetic I'm into. I might bite the bullet on some Dragonmen from Pendraken as they look alright for a Kingdoms of Men army, then sub in some Kallistra Dwarf armored cars for Steam Tanks.

Also whenever I express it to anyone, their immediate response is "painting is a bugger" which I can sort of see.

Painting small stuff is pretty much easier. You can't do the same level of detail as a 28mm mini, and they're sculpted in exaggerated proportions to convey their shape, so it takes surprisingly little effort to get them looking good.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Seldom Posts posted:

I just started playing deadzone with my 8 year old, and he loves it. Certain minis really engage him, like the D.O.G, the sentry gun, and strider.

He's young enough right now that he's fascinated by anything I do. He's actually been patient enough to sit on my lap and watch me paint which is astounding for a 3 year old. Some evenings I open up the cabinets and just let him ask me what everything is and he if he knows what they are to begin with (dragons, dinosaurs, etc) he'll excitedly tell me. In nursery school this week he was looking at pictures of animal skeletons and came home and wanted to look at my skeleton warriors again because he had made that connection. And one afternoon he did some dice rolls for me at the end of a game of Dropfleet while he and his mother were waiting for me to wrap up a game so we could go get dinner across from the shop.

I probably have a few years of him delightedly playing games with me before he hits double digits and decides sports, girls/boys, or rock and/or roll is more interesting.

MCPeePants posted:

Painting small stuff is pretty much easier. You can't do the same level of detail as a 28mm mini, and they're sculpted in exaggerated proportions to convey their shape, so it takes surprisingly little effort to get them looking good.

Having just done some Dropfleet assets, I concur. I'd like to get some 10mm fantasy stuff just to see but I also haven't seen a range I'm particularly excited about.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So now that vanguard has been out for a bit, what do you guys think?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

S.J. posted:

So now that vanguard has been out for a bit, what do you guys think?

I haven't gotten a game yet :smith:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I found a happy medium - I'm gonna get some movement trays, stick some of my Stormcast in them and run them as Ogres. It'll be the first time my Castigators do anything :v:

Edit: At 1000 points, do you run Boomers as Regiment or Hordes? I assume I need the bodies more, but the nerve increase looks like it's worth it.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 29, 2019

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I had to cancel the one game of Vanguard I've scheduled because of family reasons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Deleter posted:

I found a happy medium - I'm gonna get some movement trays, stick some of my Stormcast in them and run them as Ogres. It'll be the first time my Castigators do anything :v:

Edit: At 1000 points, do you run Boomers as Regiment or Hordes? I assume I need the bodies more, but the nerve increase looks like it's worth it.

Depends how you want to play, but at that low points level I'd consider using a Boomer regiment as a flank screen for a Warrior horde. They're very much the jack of all trades Ogre unit, I've found them most useful when you can let them run free on the side to protect flanks, shoot, charge, and flank charge as opportunities present themselves, and leave the central grunt work to less flexible but much stouter units, like Warriors, Braves, or Siege Breakers.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 29, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oathin n cross postin

NTRabbit posted:

:wal: OATH COMPLETE :stat:

Colossal Giant who is too big for my little photobox

With the alternate parts, unfortunately the cloak damages the body work when putting it on, so I won't be using it in future

Blaine and Blaine, claiming rescue ranger for them.

No challenge this week unfortunately, needed to get the Giant done and didn't really have a suitable watery thing to do for him

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Is that magnetised then? Looks pretty nifty!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Thanks! Yeah the arms are both magnetised, the right arm also has 1 pin for the machete and 2 pins for the log club, and the heads just slot onto a big bit of aluminium rod drilled into the neck that I found floating around the scrap material in my Dad's shed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

NTRabbit posted:

and the heads just slot onto a big bit of aluminium rod drilled into the neck that I found floating around the scrap material in my Dad's shed.
you could just use a bit of a paperclip if you need to pin something, they're easy to cut and essentially infinite and cheap. :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

you could just use a bit of a paperclip if you need to pin something, they're easy to cut and essentially infinite and cheap. :v:

I used paperclips for the arms, but the heads are hollow, and while I was pottering around the shed while the matt spray was drying, trying to figure out if I'd even be able to make the heads switchable I found a bit of aluminium rod that was exactly the right size to fit snugly inside the round hollow, so I went with it!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Some recent Dreadball painting efforts because we need more pics here. Honestly I did not enjoy painting the Neobot team very much and they took far, far too long for the basic paint job I set out to do. Oh well. Coaches and commentators were fun though!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yondu really let himself go

(they all look v nice)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Yondu really let himself go

(they all look v nice)

It's either fat Yondu or a Mr Meeseeks who has been existing for way too long.

And thankee!

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
First KoW GT this weekend (Wet Coast, pacific northwest), and my army is behind even my low expectations! I've got ~16 spearmen to turn into swordsmen, golems to pin to a base, magnets to drill, and HOPEFULLY some very rough paint jobs to slop on. Guess I should also finalize my list eh.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Has anyone got any tips for getting hold of Mantic support? I'm chasing my Hellboy pledge for the past week and getting silence.

Just got the newsletter telling me it is available in stores, which is always great to hear.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No tricks, just persistence. They go through a lot customer service reps and tickets have a habit of falling into the either. It took just over a year between arrival of my pledge and closing of the last issue for Dungeon Siege.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Ugleb posted:

Has anyone got any tips for getting hold of Mantic support? I'm chasing my Hellboy pledge for the past week and getting silence.

Just got the newsletter telling me it is available in stores, which is always great to hear.

I had an issue with an order a month or two ago and it got resolved in a few days. They're going thru a shitload of things with all the Kickstarter stuff.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

muggins posted:

I had an issue with an order a month or two ago and it got resolved in a few days. They're going thru a shitload of things with all the Kickstarter stuff.

I got a response by posting on Facebook, someone is going to look into it today apparently. I get that they are busy but over a week without a response (let alone a resolution) was making me edgy. Don't want to discover they sold all the excess copies already because I took too long to prod them! ;)

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I need more deadzone command dice, but everywhere (including Mantic!) seem to be sold out. The only ones I can find are dodgy overpriced ebay ones. Anyone have any ideas?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Someone busted into the Mantic offices last night. I wonder if they'll kickstart a new security system.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Seldom Posts posted:

I need more deadzone command dice, but everywhere (including Mantic!) seem to be sold out. The only ones I can find are dodgy overpriced ebay ones. Anyone have any ideas?

https://www.amazon.com/Mantic-Entertainment-MGDZM31-DEADZONE-COMMAND/dp/B01GBN8ENO

Does that work?

A bunch of sites in the UK and the Antipodes seem to have a few left in stock

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product/deadzone-second-edition-command-dice/25217111

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 7, 2019

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Thanks, really appreciate it. I've searched around in the UK and I can't find any UK sites with the dice in stock that will ship to :canada:

So, mighty ape in australia seems to be my only option. Weirdly, their base shipping price is high, but not if I add stuff. So do I want the dice bad enough to pay ridiculous shipping? Do I want to add other things that I can buy locally into the order just so the shippping costs doesn't seem so bad? Being a minis hobbyist is so weird and bad for the environment.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hi, I'm the guy who took a Colossal Giant as a flank holder, and had it one shotted off the board in turn 2 by a single regiment of Thuul who scored 15 wounds from 20 attack dice and won the nerve check.

https://tabletop.to/crows-feast-19

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So there's some new Undead minis coming for a Vanguard Undead starter, including a vampire halfling and zombie orcs, and a campaign book

https://blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2019/05/rising-in-night.html

Plus one of doctor Nick Riviera's patients

Also for scifi there's all these

Space rats with robot limbs

Mix of old and new rebs (original 2 human 2 yndij 1 sorak sprue, plus pairs of new ones from star saga, plus two brand new resins or metals)

Disgusting

The happiest goblin in the galaxy

Also the monocycle is back in production and has two new riders coming, a GCPS guy and a Reb, and the Stuntbot is back in production with new alternate arms.

https://manticblog.com/2019/05/22/deadzone-escalation-new-minis-and-book-available-to-pre-order-now/
https://manticblog.com/2019/05/16/deadzone-escalation-new-minis-and-starter-sets/

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 2, 2019