Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xik posted:

She must spend a small fortune on socks

Seriously!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

You had your shot and missed. This could have been your bulletball.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Looks like you wont be Queen of poo poo Mittens

Barudak fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Mar 1, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for forgiving my dad’s killer, taking 5k from granddad, and trying to take all my dad’s money?

Dad killed in a t-bone collision. It was a very traumatic situation for all of us. My mother, wife and I live locally while the rest of the family live very far. Taking care of things fell on my shoulders. Not, like, "Diggy, you must take care of XYZ" but more like "Diggy, just make sure Mom's okay."

Court date came for this guy. Everyone had returned back East, so I went. It was super quick, over in like ten minutes. The judge sentenced him to probation, license suspension, and Cal-Trans work. (road work on the freeway.)

After court, I followed him outside. To this day, I don't know why. I said, 'Hey. Do you know who I am?" He turned around and said yes, and he got silent and then said "I'm sorry for your Dad.” I talked to him for maybe 10 seconds, then I hugged him. (I feel SO CRINGY thinking about this now) I told him it's okay, I forgive you, and that was that.

My family was FURIOUS. How could I do that? You were representing the FAMILY! We all agreed at the funeral we were going to make this bastard pay! I told them it was the only thing I could think of. It was too much, and didn't want to hate anyone, I was too tired. Their reactions ranged from anger to disappointment. Not one family member was on my side.

My grandfather gave my wife and I $5,000 after the funeral in response to a letter I wrote telling him how dad's death made my life struggle even worse. This triggered my family. I’m a greedy bastard. I was under obligation to share it. That was not your money, its OUR money. Grandpa died shortly after the funeral, and it was assumed as the 'last of the family line' that I would distribute it.

Trying to do the right thing, I went through dad’s mail, found out his bank account info, and accessed it online. I then did some sleuthing how to get the money out, full intentions of giving it to mom. I didn't go so far as to contact probate lawyers which was the next step.

When I told mom what I was doing, "that is not your goddamned money, you are a thief and a disgraceful child and are disgracing your father's name" along with accompanying hate from my sisters.

My contact with my family now is so formal to the point of sarcastic, and no amount of explaining or apologizing has made a bit of difference.

If I'm the rear end in a top hat here, so be it.

edit driver was high at the time. That’s why I refer to him as killer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is a gap in this story big enough to drive a car through and not kill anyone

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Barudak posted:

There is a gap in this story big enough to drive a car through and not kill anyone

He says in the title he was trying to take all his father's money. I'd certainly like to hear a bit more about that.

Also, how lovely is this family that they're going to war over $5k? You should have spread it out to everyone :argh:

Okay, now everyone gets enough to buy a McHappy meal.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA ordering pizza at an upscale Italian chain?

Last weekend, my SO (21M) and I (20F) were taken out to dinner by an older family member of his. This was at a semi-upscale chain restaurant, not Olive Garden but very similar. After looking over the menu, I decided to order a $12 personal sized pizza. Wood fired pizza is one of my favorite things ever so I wanted to try theirs. Cue snickering from my SO and his relative. Okay whatever, I expected some lighthearted teasing since they know I’m a pizza addict and his family loves to tease over silly things. A little annoying but I’m more than used to it by now.

Later that night and for the next day or so afterwards, SO’s family member kept texting him things like “(my name) should have more respect” and “if you take her out for lobster she’ll just order pizza anyway.” Apparently my choice of meal really offended them? I genuinely don’t understand why it is such a big deal though. Their and my SO’s meals were in the ballpark of $20 each so it’s not like I ordered something pricey. To me, Americanized Italian food is mostly just different combinations of cheese, meat, bread, and sauce anyway so why my choice of meal is somehow inferior to theirs baffles me.

My SO is seemingly on the fence. I feel his relative may still be giving him a hard time about the scenario days later. He tried to get me to see the relative’s side and understand why that person sees it as a respect issue but also said he just doesn’t want to see me get bullied. I replied “why should I let someone bully me about my food then? that’s a middle school attitude and (relative) is acting like a special snowflake over it.” That might have been a little harsh but this relative is someone who criticizes the younger generation and constantly tells us we’re doing things wrong (cell phone usage, job hunting, etc) yet gets their panties in a twist over something as trivial as this. SO also thinks it might reflect badly on me as being childish that I ordered pizza, but there was literally a whole section on the menu dedicated to pizzas (the regular menu, not a kids’ menu) so I figured it was fair game. I would probably even do it again.

I’m of the mind that caring so much what someone orders on the menu to the point where it affects what you think of their character (within reason, i.e. nothing more expensive or complicated than what the host and/or the rest of the table orders) is one of the most petty/trivial social constructs ever and honestly don’t feel like I did anything wrong. Maybe this is something I should just take in and let slide since that person was raised in a different time though, or maybe there’s another argument for why it’s disrespectful behavior that I’m just not seeing yet. AITA?

interesting story from one of the commenters:

Upscale and chain restaurant are two separate things.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It wouldn't be on the menu if they didn't want people to possibly order it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wow another real-life poopsock story

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

blackmet posted:

It wouldn't be on the menu if they didn't want people to possibly order it.

Look at this scrub who doesn't know restaurants always have a trap item on their menu to weed out plebs.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

QuarkJets posted:

Wow another real-life poopsock story

Brace yourselves:

TIFU by cumming into a coconut
EDIT: I got an AMA thread now. Help me:

/r/tifu/comments/6rwl9z/tifu_by_being_the_guy_who_cummed_into_a_coconut/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=new&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=tifu

This TIFU didn't happen today but quite a few years back. For obvious reasons I'm using a throwaway account as my family knows my main reddit username.

Anyway, around 8 years back I lived in Northern Mozambique, a coastal southern African country with quite a warm climate. My mother at the time was going through a 'health nut' phase and only buying foods she deemed healthy enough. One of these was coconuts. She would buy several coconuts a week to use in food from the local market.

Anyway, being a horny teenager I fapped in regular intervals. Unfortunately there was some severely stressful examinations coming up for me and as such my fapping reached a higher peak then usual and I was feeling pretty sexually frustrated. One day I hear that my mother is going to be out for pretty much the entire afternoon. Horny me decides that it would be a fantastic idea to gently caress a coconut. Honestly to this day I can't fathom why I thought that would be a good idea but my train of thought back then was clearly somewhat clogged.

I end up grabbing the coconut drill and through 20ish minutes of concerted effort end up creating a hole large enough for me to stick my porker into. I decide it requires some lube and grab the nearest slippery thing (some butter) before shoving it into the coconut followed shortly by my meat. I gently caress the coconut and it actually feels pretty drat good so I blow my load, shove the coconut under my bed and continue about my day.

For the next week the coconut is my saviour. Whenever I want to get off I simply take it out and gently caress it in its delightfully tight hole made better each time by accumulating volumes of my semen and butter acting as a lubricant. It's heaven. Now before I continue I'd best mention that at the time our area was experiencing quite humid, muggy weather which exacerbated an already existing fly problem. Disgustingly fat, bloated flies were commonly found around our house and the exterminators couldn't really do anything because it was a localized area problem that would "go away in the winter".

About a week and a bit after the initial coconut gently caress (I had been using it pretty much every day since then) I begin to notice a few more flies than usual as well as an odd, unpleasant smell about my room. Must be the coconut right? So I decide that I'll gently caress it once more before I throw it out and get a new one.

Worst mistake I have ever made.

You see, the reason for the increased number of flies was that the coconut was evidently, in hindsight, a nearly perfect place to lay eggs. As I penetrate the coconut one last time I begin to feel a strange wriggling sensation. Puzzled, I pull my cock out to discover that it is COVERED in rotted and moldy butter and semen and TEEMING WITH TINY loving MAGGOTS. They were wriggling all over my dick head and some were even trying to force their way up into my urethra.

I screamed, and threw the coconut against the wall which made the situation worse by spilling the contents. Hours of vigorous cock scrubbing, vomiting, and cleaning the remnants were spent reflecting on what the gently caress I was doing with my life.

Never again. NEVER AGAIN.

TL;DR Don't gently caress coconuts.

EDIT: Jesus this exploded. I'm glad my maggoty experience made some people laugh, because I sure cry everytime I think back to it.

EDIT 2: RIP inbox

EDIT 3: Thanks for the gold. It eases my shame a little. I'm thinking of doing an AMA for you more curious individuals. Maybe if the post hits 10K - it's quite uncomfortable to discuss though as the visceral memories come back

EDIT 4: My shame has never been this large. 47.1K upvotes. My story of coconut loving is now permanently etched into reddit's history. Lord save me.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

I gave my friend POA and now I want it back but he’s making it difficult (self.legaladvice)

quote:

Long story short, my friend wants to go to law school but has no experience. He asked if he could be my power of attorney to get some experience and I agreed because I wanted to help him out. But I’m not happy with what he’s doing and I can’t figure out how to make him stop.

When we were out for drinks with friends one time, he saw the debit card that I was using and said it was a bad bank. Next thing I know, I’m trying to use the card and it’s not working. Turns out he pulled all my money out, closed the account and opened a new one with a different bank plus a credit card with the bank. When he gave me the new cards I explained that I liked the old bank because they have branches in my home state I can use when I go home for summer from school. The new bank doesn’t. I also really don’t believe in credit cards and never wanted one (I have enough student loan debt anyway). But he said this bank was better and credit cards make more sense and he was doing me a favor.

He also requested all my medical records from the student health center and let it slip in front of friends that I’m taking an antidepressant. A girl I like in our group doesn’t believe in them and now she’s not really talking to me anymore.

I’ve brought up to him that I’m kind of not happy with this arrangement but he said he needs the poa for a few more months to show his law school applications that he has relevant experience, especially if her can’t get a legal job this summer between our junior and senior years.

I’m having car trouble and he keeps trying to involve himself in the repair process and bully the mechanic and it makes me super uncomfortable but I don’t want to hurt his chances at law school.

I’m in California.

reddit posted:

How in the world does being your POA give him relevant law school experience? That...doesn't really make sense.

You shouldn't need his consent to revoke power of attorney. As far as I know, you would need to fill out a form revoking it and get it witnessed, and then send him notice that his power of attorney is revoked.

OP posted:

Can anyone witness it or do I need someone special?

As for law school, this gives him experience writing legal letters and negotiating things on my behalf was how he explained it to me. Like with the mechanic, he’s sending letters demanding certain things because of how the repairs are going. They’re too strongly worded imo but it’s kind of in a legal style. He said it’s a good way to get experience. I’m not pre-law so I just thought this was something people do.

OP posted:

He explained that this was a normal thing people do to get experience on their resumes when they can’t get legal jobs. He helped his gf a lot with a similar arrangement and I thought I didn’t have anything to worry about.

reddit posted:

"helped his gf a lot with a similar arrangement"

Helped his gf to get in law school? Or helped his gf via her giving him POA?

OP posted:

His gf gave him power of attorney. Right now he has it for me and her. Another friend of ours is considering giving him one too.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for forgiving my dad’s killer, taking 5k from granddad, and trying to take all my dad’s money?

This reads like the script to a Yorgos Lanthimos movie.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Dear lord, what total idiots. I just looked that word up to make sure it doesn't have other meanings and I'm not misusing it like we do with 'retard' etc. But no, idiot perfectly describes these people handing over PoA: they are educated enough to know what the phrase is, means, and implicates, and yet are so unintelligent as to hand it over for no good reason.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

chemtrail huffer posted:

I gave my friend POA and now I want it back but he’s making it difficult (self.legaladvice)

This is a strange fetish

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

it's findom but the submissive is just stupid instead of aroused

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It makes perfect sense, he's trying to build legal experience for his resume by getting himself sued.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Serephina posted:

Dear lord, what total idiots. I just looked that word up to make sure it doesn't have other meanings and I'm not misusing it like we do with 'retard' etc. But no, idiot perfectly describes these people handing over PoA: they are educated enough to know what the phrase is, means, and implicates, and yet are so unintelligent as to hand it over for no good reason.

I'm not so sure the OP doesn't need a caretaker to manage their affairs frankly

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

chemtrail huffer posted:

oh my GOD what the fuuuuuuuuck

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Straight White Shark posted:

My (29M) wife (26F) suddenly decided she wants to adopt a baby

that baby needs to Go

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Power Khan posted:

Brace yourselves:

TIFU by cumming into a coconut

I don't have a penis, so I don't know for sure, but how could loving a coconut be at all pleasurable, even with lube? There's not much meat in there and the hair and shell aren't soft.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chemtrail huffer posted:

[/quote][/quote]
[/quote]

wwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Antivehicular posted:

I don't have a penis, so I don't know for sure, but how could loving a coconut be at all pleasurable, even with lube? There's not much meat in there and the hair and shell aren't soft.

Some guys just like obliterating their dicks either due to ignorance or a fetish. Friend of mine had a patient that masturbated by loving the gap between his mattress and the box spring of his bed, resulting in horrible scarring and injury.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Antivehicular posted:

They're probably using a green coconut.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

chemtrail huffer posted:

Important PSA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghxZzWVO7A

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

QuarkJets posted:

it's findom but the submissive is just stupid instead of stupid AND aroused

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Last weekend, my SO (21M) and I (20F) were taken out to dinner by an older family member of his. This was at a semi-upscale chain restaurant, not Olive Garden but very similar. After looking over the menu, I decided to order a $12 personal sized pizza. Wood fired pizza is one of my favorite things ever so I wanted to try theirs. Cue snickering from my SO and his relative. Okay whatever, I expected some lighthearted teasing since they know I’m a pizza addict and his family loves to tease over silly things. A little annoying but I’m more than used to it by now.

Later that night and for the next day or so afterwards, SO’s family member kept texting him things like “(my name) should have more respect” and “if you take her out for lobster she’ll just order pizza anyway.” Apparently my choice of meal really offended them? I genuinely don’t understand why it is such a big deal though. Their and my SO’s meals were in the ballpark of $20 each so it’s not like I ordered something pricey. To me, Americanized Italian food is mostly just different combinations of cheese, meat, bread, and sauce anyway so why my choice of meal is somehow inferior to theirs baffles me.

My SO is seemingly on the fence. I feel his relative may still be giving him a hard time about the scenario days later. He tried to get me to see the relative’s side and understand why that person sees it as a respect issue but also said he just doesn’t want to see me get bullied. I replied “why should I let someone bully me about my food then? that’s a middle school attitude and (relative) is acting like a special snowflake over it.” That might have been a little harsh but this relative is someone who criticizes the younger generation and constantly tells us we’re doing things wrong (cell phone usage, job hunting, etc) yet gets their panties in a twist over something as trivial as this. SO also thinks it might reflect badly on me as being childish that I ordered pizza, but there was literally a whole section on the menu dedicated to pizzas (the regular menu, not a kids’ menu) so I figured it was fair game. I would probably even do it again.

I’m of the mind that caring so much what someone orders on the menu to the point where it affects what you think of their character (within reason, i.e. nothing more expensive or complicated than what the host and/or the rest of the table orders) is one of the most petty/trivial social constructs ever and honestly don’t feel like I did anything wrong. Maybe this is something I should just take in and let slide since that person was raised in a different time though, or maybe there’s another argument for why it’s disrespectful behavior that I’m just not seeing yet. AITA?

interesting story from one of the commenters:

Everything about this is cringey and hilarious at once. And I am not talking about the OP.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chemtrail huffer posted:

I hope your parents have other children

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Xik posted:

She must spend a small fortune on socks

I knew a woman who would wear a new pair of socks every day. She refused to wear socks that were not brand new.

chemtrail huffer posted:

you're in a weird sexual relationship with a dom and don't realize it

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Antivehicular posted:

That's why he shoved butter inside Oo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chemtrail huffer posted:

Dumbest motherfuckers alive.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know people are always saying that the US educational system is falling behind, that chinese kids can do algebra when Americans can barely add and subtract. You know what they aren't focusing on? That Chinese kids aren't giving their power of attorney to law school drop outs.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

post the POA thread please

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
"The specific name nucifera is Latin for "nut-bearing"."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Biplane posted:

post the POA thread please

First search result: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/avsgxi/i_gave_my_friend_poa_and_now_i_want_it_back_but/

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/legaladvice
My ex lied about vaccinating our immune compromised daughter. Update.
u/ThrowYouAway2213

quote:

Wow, that last post got real popular it seems, for better and for worse. Seeing as you guys got were interested in it I thought I would come back with an update.

Well, a lot has happened since that day. My daughter is safe with me and was let out of the hospital about a week ago. She is getting better every day. I know though, you guys want the full story so here it is

After I made that post I took the advice given to me and the next time I saw my daughter I told her that it was wrong of me to ask her to keep secrets and that it's ok to tell her mom. Along with that I saw a lawyer recommended to me by a trusted party. When I went to see him he told me that this is "A case lawyers salivate over" and that my ex is in a lot of trouble. I immediately filed for emergency custody of my daughter. I also got into contact with the doctor again and explained the situation fully to him. He says that while he will not be getting lawyers involved that he wishes for me to submit the evidence to the police and file a report. Along with this, my lawyer has gotten into contact with the court that originally ordered us to vaccinate our daughter and has handed over everything I gave to him. He has advised me to stay quite on this matter so i'll leave it at my ex is in a lot of trouble with them.

During this time, my ex started to get suspicious. Maybe it was because a friend told her about a post on reddit and she freaked out? Who knows. A few days later when I saw her at the hospital we had an altercation. She became hysterical and yelled various threats and insults at me. Including telling me that I want to "poison our daughter" right in front of our sick child. She was escorted out of the building and the head nurse had banned her from coming back. After this she sent me a barrage of texts telling me that I am a monster and that if she had vaccinated her that she would be dead now. This was sent to my lawyer. As he puts it, "she's what lawyers dream of when they hear who's on the other side of the court."

Outside of this, i've been advised to stay as quite as possible so i'll leave it with this.

This week I received emergency custody of my daughter until our custody hearing later this year. I have heard that the DA is slowly getting ready to move forward with a multitude of charges against my ex and that will land her in jail soonish.

And that's really it for now. I'm going to follow the advice given by my lawyer and say nothing else to anyone. I do not want the media involved in this for a few reasons so i've left this as vague as possible. When this is all said and done, if the interest is still there I may come back again. But for now, thanks for the advice in the original thread, me and my daughter appreciate you all.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Grape posted:

Everything about this is cringey and hilarious at once. And I am not talking about the OP.

Stories like these are entirely my jam.

My family is all kinds of weird, and some of them absolutely refuse like, local Italian in favor of Olive Garden because it's a 'known entity'.

Also everyone else in my family is a pussy because they'll bend over backwards and change up plans foodwise, becauase 'Well Jerry's coming to dinner, so we can't go there; the menu doesn't have chicken fingers or hamburgers!'

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Power Khan posted:

That's why he shoved butter inside Oo

Yeah and he's getting made fun of because he didn't use coconut oil like any sane person would.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I would have assumed that butter would be fine but I defer to the experts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LadyPictureShow posted:

Stories like these are entirely my jam.

My family is all kinds of weird, and some of them absolutely refuse like, local Italian in favor of Olive Garden because it's a 'known entity'.

Also everyone else in my family is a pussy because they'll bend over backwards and change up plans foodwise, becauase 'Well Jerry's coming to dinner, so we can't go there; the menu doesn't have chicken fingers or hamburgers!'

Is it really Jerry? I've never known a worthwhile Jerry who wasn't a cartoon mouse or Jerry Lewis.