Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Vincent posted:

latinxs and the irisih?

This reminds me of the weirdest restaurant I've ever encountered: A Mexican-Irish restaurant in rural Maine called Pedro O'Hara's. The mascot is a leprechaun wearing a sombrero with a taco in one hand and a pint in the other.

http://www.pedrooharas.me/

It's surprisingly good. While it doesn't compare to the Mexican food you get in the south and southwest parts of the country, it's certainly the best Mexican food I've found in New England (although I haven't fully explored Boston yet).

So, uh, for the three of you who will ever visit Lewiston, Maine: give it a shot? And think of Spider-Man 2099 while you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I read the 2099 stuff when I was young and I didn't like any of it, and haven't revisited it as an adult. I think I mostly disliked Spidey 2099 because Venom 2099 was garbage, as best as I can recall, and dumbass kid Dyne loved him some Venom. v:v:v

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I remember Ghost Rider 2099 wasn't bad (but then I generally enjoyed Len Kaminski's work). And Ravage 2099 was completely ripped off, appearance-wise, from Grimjack during his "GrimJim" phase.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

This reminds me of the weirdest restaurant I've ever encountered: A Mexican-Irish restaurant in rural Maine called Pedro O'Hara's. The mascot is a leprechaun wearing a sombrero with a taco in one hand and a pint in the other.

It's surprisingly good. While it doesn't compare to the Mexican food you get in the south and southwest parts of the country, it's certainly the best Mexican food I've found in New England (although I haven't fully explored Boston yet).

So, uh, for the three of you who will ever visit Lewiston, Maine: give it a shot? And think of Spider-Man 2099 while you do.

There's a chain called Carlos O'Kelly's which, as far as I can tell, is a bog standard chain Mexican place.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick%27s_Battalion

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
San Diego (which does not lack for good Mexican food) had a citywide chain of Mexican-Irish restaurant/bars called "Carlos Murphy's" at least back in the 1980s (seems to be defunct now).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ConfusedUs posted:

We had a locally owned mexican joint with three locations. Dude moved here from southern Mexico in 1970-something and opened his first place in the 80's. Every thing I ever ate there was every bit as good as any mexican food in the southwest of the US.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

hell yeah.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vincent posted:

I admire how they even got a black albino actor to play a black albino villain.

I completely missed that was Krondon, though to be fair Tombstone gets like three lines in the movie so it's easy to miss.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No one actually like Spider-Man 2099. Be wary of anyone that says they do.

Alchemax shill spotted

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

ConfusedUs posted:

There's a Pedro O'Hara's in Brunswick, too-- I used to work at Bowdoin and I remember getting a drink there a few times.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

All the talk of restaurants, did you know there is a chain of restaurants in Dublin called Captain America? With licenced Jack Kirby artwork and everything.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Who is the gigantic cloaked Batman?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Silver :smith:er

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That bird is so fuckin’ done with him, too.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Well of course, because you're harassing those birds you freakazoid!

This is like a cheesy PSA. "Don't be "RADD". Don't abuse animals!"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Except Seagulls

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Johnny Aztec posted:

Except Seagulls

They said, “Seagulls gonna come! Poke me in the coconut!” And they did.

And they did.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

That's the issue that begins with him going "I'm Silver Surfer and I'm feeling blue." and he befriends Doctor Doom?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Samuringa posted:

That's the issue that begins with him going "I'm Silver Surfer and I'm feeling blue." and he befriends Doctor Doom?

Doctor Doom friends who he pleases.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zil posted:

Until this moment I didn't know that I wanted to see Dr. Doom's facebook page and now that's all I want to see.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

They said, “Seagulls gonna come! Poke me in the coconut!” And they did.

And they did.

Well, I know what I'm going to be listening to on repeat again

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zil posted:

And he pleases who he friends :wink:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Anyone familiar with the plumbing glowing as well as the bell on F9 2nd stage engine? One of the cameras is seeing some very hot pipes, but commentators are all nominal-nominal-nominal about it.

Edit: That's what I get for paying more attention to the launch video than which thread I'm in. Disregard. :)

Sexual Lorax fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 2, 2019

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idKD47x0JaM

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phylodox posted:

That bird is so fuckin’ done with him, too.

"EY rear end in a top hat I'm flyin' 'ere!"

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

Anyone familiar with the plumbing glowing as well as the bell on F9 2nd stage engine? One of the cameras is seeing some very hot pipes, but commentators are all nominal-nominal-nominal about it.

Edit: That's what I get for paying more attention to the launch video than which thread I'm in. Disregard. :)

Is that toast I smell?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

That's a photoshop my dude.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah everyone knows he only takes dick from bucky

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Laugh at Spidey Super Stories, laugh with it, whatever. I honestly respect it for this, because that sums up the Silver Surfer in two dialogue bubbles. They did WORK to do that.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Vincent posted:

That's a photoshop my dude.

whoops.

It's hard to tell photoshop from reality with old comics sometimes

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

whoops.

It's hard to tell photoshop from reality with old comics sometimes

And somewhere Fredrick Wertham screams, "I warned you!"

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

The linework on those shorts is just faint enough that it looks like Robin has a scaly green rear end.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Markets for this device:

a) gullible billionaire crimefighters with more money than sense
b) vampires

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Markets for this device:

b) vampires

And in Batman, they have found someone who is both.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Markets for this device:

b) vampires

Had to make sure they were 100% all still there

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Random Stranger posted:

Until this moment I didn't know that I wanted to see Dr. Doom's facebook page and now that's all I want to see.

There was a Deadpool comic about a social media site called Facelessbook where the only four members were Deadpool, Doom, Zemo and Jigsaw. There's a panel of Doom looking at a status of "Baron Zemo just took an upper decker in Captain America's toilet," and he responds with, "Amusing."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only peon's respond to people's Facebook status with "LOL."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Question IRL posted:

Only peon's respond to people's Facebook status with "LOL."

AGREED. NONE BUT DOOM MAY SIGN THEIR POSTS AS THE LIGHT OF LATVERIA.