Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Anti-Vax seems like something that would be so much more of a boomer thing "didnt need no fancypants weirdo injections in the old days" thing it is so strange that it is a thing with this generation instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I mean it makes sense in a world where giant pharmaceutical companies basically created an opioid epidemic that they would invent a need for vaccines.

It makes sense that if the government would invent a rationale for invading Iraq that they would let 9/11 happen.

It makes sense that if every other celebrity or politician is revealed to be a sex pest that some of them are getting together to trade kids.

Individual people are generally powerless, and it’s easy to feel like the world is moving on without you and actual politics is meaningless. Conspiracy theories let you “fight back”.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nooner posted:

Anti-Vax seems like something that would be so much more of a boomer thing "didnt need no fancypants weirdo injections in the old days" thing it is so strange that it is a thing with this generation instead

it was a thing for them too but Boomers still by and large have personal experience with polio beyond just like ignoring their high school history teacher mentioning FDR had it

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Nooner posted:

Boomers actually experienced awful poo poo like polio and measles. That would lead to a very different point of view compared to somebody whose worst experience with disease was knowing someone who got the turboshits from a cruiseline buffet.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Biplane posted:

They fuckin

I have an alternative, hear me out.

They were loving, broke up, and got new SOs but she still wants him. I don’t think it's his kid because he seems standoffish about it all.

Of course, maybe they still fuckin

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

My boyfriend (28m) wants me (22f) to take down an "embarrassing" and "ugly" Instagram picture that got very popular

quote:

My boyfriend is really into Instagram, he is a personal trainer / life coach and he gets a lot of clients through social media, plus some brand deals. We have each other's pages linked in our bio's, as boyfriend and girlfriend, but I'm not as intense about IG as he is. He occasionally asks me to post something, I guess me being on there is a part of his image, and I just post something I have queued up. I just post nature and workout related stuff occasionally. I generally don't post pictures of my face or body, it's just not the type of photography I enjoy. I like taking pictures of the woods, animals, or other people, better. This will be important later on.

I do krav maga, and sometimes the gym owner will take candid pictures of the classes for the gym's social media pages. I noticed after looking through them that I have a tendancy to make funny faces when I'm totally in the zone. Especially if I'm gasping for breath or grimacing from getting hit, or trying really hard to focus on something and kinda screwing my face up.

I thought that was funny, I didn't feel all that self conscious about it. I know I've got a pretty expressive face in general so it wasn't too surprising. And I thought it would be funny to crop close around my face in each picture and make a collage of my funny faces for my Instagram. They weren't cute or attractive at all, but I thought they might make my friends laugh.

I posted it on Instagram with the caption "Krav Maga Checklist... Gym clothes. Water bottle. Gloves. WAR FACE 😠😠😠." And a couple hashtags... It turned out to be my most liked post ever, by far. It went way beyond entertaining my friends, a lot of new people followed me. It went kind of viral.

I'd not given it too much thought, but then my boyfriend texted me to ask what the gently caress I'd posted the day before. I was like "uhh just the funny faces I've been caught making at the gym" He asked me to take it down, it was embarrassing and ugly and it was affecting his "brand" which I found ridiculous, I don't figure anyone cares about his brand enough to insta stalk his girlfriend, and find one silly picture collage, and judge him on that. He got really irritated that I thought nobody would.

I asked why the picture was that embarrassing anyway, loads of people liked it and probably thought it was funny. He said it was ugly and embarrassing and just weird that I'd collect the worst possible pictures of myself, and put them out for the world to see. I was just like "hey that's just what my face looks like sometimes, I'm not gonna be embarrassed of my own drat face"

So... I still have the picture up, my boyfriend is still not a fan of that. I feel a little crappy that he thinks it's embarrassing. And I don't know how to explain that to him because I don't really even know why it bothers me so much. Does he have a point that my post would somehow hurt his brand? Should I get over myself and not feel so weird about this disagreement?

baby, you're hurting my brand by not making a sexy face all the time

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I mean he’s probably right about his brand, he’s just wrong in a deeper and truer way, for having an involvement in Instagram brands or caring about it

and also his brand sucks

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if you have a brand you should probably be devoured alive by wild dogs just imho

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Warbadger posted:

Boomers actually experienced awful poo poo like polio and measles. That would lead to a very different point of view compared to somebody whose worst experience with disease was knowing someone who got the turboshits from a cruiseline buffet.

To be fair, Boomers were in their single digits when the polio vaccine came out in the US. It's their parents who saw most of it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

feedmegin posted:

To be fair, Boomers were in their single digits when the polio vaccine came out in the US. It's their parents who saw most of it.

it was still a thing in the US up until the late 70s and little kids with polio still (sometimes) grow up to be adults crippled by polio.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Xik posted:

She must spend a small fortune on socks

I think this implies she's reusing:

Power Khan posted:

I found the reason she always does the laundry is because she was hiding the fact that she uses socks to wipe with, primarily her own.

I wanna know what model of washing machine that is, cuz goddamn.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

feedmegin posted:

It took time to get everybody vaccinated and the polio victims weren't cured by the vaccine.

Also, parents tend to play a role in teaching kids. It takes a few generations for a society to unlearn things.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

kimbo305 posted:

I think this implies she's reusing:

I wanna know what model of washing machine that is, cuz goddamn.
I thought she was throwing them out. That's why she ran out of her own socks and moved on to his. In that case she wouldn't want him to see the laundry because he might realize there were no socks in it

But also, although it is gross as hell and I don't suggest spending much time contemplating it, parents who use cloth diapers mostly wash the diapers themselves

Sora8185
Feb 21, 2019

How often do you drink milk?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

if you have a brand you should probably be devoured alive by wild dogs just imho

"Life coach" or "influencer", man they should really be mauled by bears.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Anne Whateley posted:

I thought she was throwing them out. That's why she ran out of her own socks and moved on to his.

But how is that sustainable? I mean, she starts in on her sock drawer and taps it after two weeks of making GBS threads 0-2 times a day then starts in on his drawer and hits bottom after another 2 weeks.

How does she do this for the long term without ordering the twenty pack of Kirklands from Costco?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Do you guys not have wash cloths in your neck of the woods? Scrap of flannel, soap it up, scrub your pits and bits, jam it in the washing machine and go again.
This, coupled with the one about the "scraps of towel My GOD can't she use something more disposable" is a really loving weird mindset to me.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

bring back crucifixion

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Protip: washcloths at the dollar store I go to are three for a dollar. She should go with that.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Agrikk posted:

But how is that sustainable? I mean, she starts in on her sock drawer and taps it after two weeks of making GBS threads 0-2 times a day then starts in on his drawer and hits bottom after another 2 weeks.

How does she do this for the long term without ordering the twenty pack of Kirklands from Costco?
I think she must have while she was living alone. The question is why, this time, didn't she just replace hers before dipping so heavily into his? She could have kept it secret for years!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Sloth Life posted:

Do you guys not have wash cloths in your neck of the woods? Scrap of flannel, soap it up, scrub your pits and bits, jam it in the washing machine and go again.
wash cloth yes, poo poo cloth no

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Yawgmoth posted:

Don't make me tell y'all about cloth diapers

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

please don't tell us about your fetlife nicknames

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think she should learn to touch the poop

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tactlessbastard posted:

B-b-but they have poop on them! That means they can't be bleached and washed! The poop never goes away!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yall scrubs who don't just wipe with your fingers and lick them clean are destroying the planet. Americans :rolleyes:

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I read a research article a couple weeks ago that suggested anti-vax stuff was mostly due to neoliberalism

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Yawgmoth posted:

The cloth is for washing poo poo off tho?????? It gets poo poo on it, you wash it. Are you people breaking out a new set of undercrackers each day for fear of poo contamination? Are medics all getting a fresh new set of scrubs on the daily? How wasteful are you all being?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

My boyfriend (28m) wants me (22f) to take down an "embarrassing" and "ugly" Instagram picture that got very popular

baby, you're hurting my brand by not making a sexy face all the time

Krav Maga girl is awesome SMS just boyfriend brand most be "douche bag"

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
/r/relationships:

extra row of teeth posted:

You put your dong in the coconut and gently caress it all up

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I read a research article a couple weeks ago that suggested anti-vax stuff was mostly due to neoliberalism

Oh yeah, most anti vaccine sentiment in the NW is from white, educated, rich people

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sloth Life posted:

The cloth is for washing poo poo off tho?????? It gets poo poo on it, you wash it. Are you people breaking out a new set of undercrackers each day for fear of poo contamination? Are medics all getting a fresh new set of scrubs on the daily? How wasteful are you all being?

I find the trick is to not poo poo my pants. :shrug:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

I find the trick is to not poo poo my pants. :shrug:

same, as long as you don't get dirty you don't need to wash that's why I never bathe or change my clothes. Furthermore,

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

With the correct diet you shouldn't even need to wipe. With the correct diet you should not produce any odors. Bathing is a sign of poor diet and intake of modern toxins.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

As a person of means, I will, on occasion, change into fresh clothes even when I'm not caked in poo poo :lofty:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I just buy new pants every time I poo poo

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

areyoucontagious posted:

Oh yeah, most anti vaccine sentiment in the NW is from white, educated, rich people

In my opinion, the time is ripe to make a sequel to the weird as Hell 1940 movie The Ape:

Boris Karloff plays a doctor trying to cure Polio, but a circus ape escapes and destroys his research; he kills the Ape in self-defense then wears its skin to murder people and steal their spinal fluid because he desperately wants to cure a nice young lady.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Get a bidet. Mashing your stank slime i to your crack with dry paper is hardly sanitary

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Willfrey posted:

Get a bidet. Mashing your stank slime i to your crack with dry paper is hardly sanitary

the analogy I like to use is to imagine that you tripped and fell and your hand went in dogshit, and your buddy hands you a paper towel and is like “you’re good right? do we really need to find a sink?”

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

the analogy I like to use is to imagine that you tripped and fell and your hand went in dogshit, and your buddy hands you a paper towel and is like “you’re good right? do we really need to find a sink?”

It's 2019 grandpa, we eat rear end now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah except I don't finger people or myself with my own asscrack.